The End

Late night christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Laughter rang and tears were shed during Roommate Christmas party. Everyone could feel the love between a mother and a son that haven't seen each other for a long time. Youngji who watched the scene cried a lot of tears. Seeing a friend whom she shared so much with, someone who she always see being cheerful and optimistic, burst into tears in front of her eyes. Youngji had a strong urge to hug him but she knew what he needed the most at that time was a warm embrace from his mother.

Youngji went to her mother for a hug. It’s true she doesn’t know what kind of feelings Jackson was going through but she felt it a little. She whispered ‘I love you’ to her mother and her mother caressed her head. What a sensitive girl. Meanwhile, Jackson couldn’t break away from his parents, he felt like somehow this will all be gone once he lets go. This touching moment makes everyone realized a mother’s love once more.

When Jackson calmed down a little, the roommate members proceed to introduced themselves. At Youngji’s turn, she wanted his parents to know that Jackson is not alone, that he have friends by his side and that she cares about him a lot. She bowed deeply, in respect and appreciation that his parents came to see Jackson on this special day. “I’m Jackson’s best friend,” She smiled and happy to see that Jackson also smiled a little at her statement.

“She’s Jackson’s Korean girlfriend” Seho said in English and everyone just laughed. Jackson’s mother couldn’t refrain her smile and her husband just went “yes yes” after that. No one denied it. Maybe it’s because the relationship between Jackson and her are just so special that somehow, the term best friend does not fit but of course the term lover as well but let’s not ruin the moment that can make Jackson’s parents uncomfortable. Their relationship was like more than friends but less than lovers.

All in all, the party continued to its end. Everyone had a good time. Jackson accompanied his mother to her rented car. They hugged once more and planted a goodnight kiss at the end. Jackson waited outside and waved his hand until the car is out of sight. He took a deep breath and made his way back to the share house.

He heard some chatter upstairs, someone was still up. He went to his room and saw Kangjoon already in his sleep because he had a schedule next day. Jackson quietly left and went upstairs, only to find it empty. Everyone had gone back to their rooms. He let out a small sigh, he hoped at least one person to be awake now since he couldn’t sleep because of all the stuff he had to take in but somehow, alone was preferable.

He was sitting at the dining table, prompting his head on one arm thinking all the things he had been through up until now and a face came to his mind. Heo Youngji’s bright smiling face. Screw being alone, he wants to see her now. He looked at his phone and it was almost midnight. He thought maybe Youngji was already sleeping since her performance had a lot of dancing so she must be tired. His thoughts drifted to how Youngji looked in a black and white suit. She really nailed her performance. JYP even praised and acknowledged her talents. He couldn’t agree more to Jong Ok’s statement about how beautiful Youngji is whenever she dances and sings.

Well, she always had been pretty Jackson thought. It’s just that Youngji is at her best when she performs, she always give it all. That’s why everyone can see how beautiful she is. In the end, Jackson sent her a text. If she already went to sleep, then he wouldn’t receive a reply but if otherwise—

 

Youngji : I’m coming down to you

 

He held back his smile when he received her reply. He looked at the stairwell from where he was sitting and the moment he saw her going down the stairs, he just couldn’t contain his smile anymore. He walked towards her and almost naturally, he hugged her and felt her grip on his back.

“Were you sleeping? Sorry” Jackson said softly.

“I was awake— I was worried” Her voice croaked because she felt like crying all over again.

Jackson almost laughed and when he was about to let go, Youngji’s grip tightened. He couldn’t see her face but he saw her shaking her head. She was worried about the cameras. This kind of skinship in the middle of the night.

“Thank you for worrying about me but don’t worry, I’m your best friend right?” Jackson said.

Youngji nodded her head and break away from the hug. They made eye contact and exchange smiles. They both sat down at the dining table. Jackson laid down his head on one arm, looking up to Youngji.

“I’m very happy about today,” he said. Youngji nodded and continued to look at him in the eyes, paying all of her attention to him. Watching all his expressions and movements. This man cried not a long time ago, oh how it felt to be reunited again with your parents after a long time.

“There are times I had it rough but I’m always able to handle, you know?” He said. I know Youngji thought.

“I’m always busy before debut, with all the training and also after GOT7’s debut. I hardly think about home because my mind was preoccupied of work” He broke eye contact and raised his head to look down at his fingers that once filled with some bruises to remind him of the training days. “But when all of that was done, when there was no work to distract me, I thought about home a lot, I thought about my parents and— and that’s when I get really lonely” His voice went softer.

Youngji stared at him, what is going through his mind now? Does he regret coming to Korea? Does he regret to ever becoming an idol? Does he regret everything here that includes her?

“That’s why I’m really grateful of roommate friends, GOT7 members and all the people I have met here” He looked at her.

“Thank you for always being by my side all this time” He said with genuine sincerity on his face and voice. Youngji smiled, she looked down at his hand that he had been fidgeting with to calm himself down and held it in her warm ones.

“I was a crybaby before I became a KARA member, well, I guess I’m still am but I’m stronger now, in a sense” she laughed and Jackson smiled.

“I know there are people out there who haven’t accept me as a KARA member because who am I, a rookie, to compare with my veteran seniors? I just have a long way to go, that’s why I never want to held back my seniors with my problems and mistakes,” Youngji was loss in her thoughts.

“I can never be more grateful to my friends, family and fans” She looked back at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter