MYLC-Final

Miss You Like Crazy

Dara's thoughts = red italics

The story is written mainly in Dara's POV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

She sits on her favorite chair looking out the balcony window. It's December. Snow is falling down the pavements giving it a white shiny blanket. The next song on her playlist comes on and a tear streams down her cheek.

http://youtu.be/wLrG-AoVl3w

Even though it's been so long

My love for you keeps going strong

I remember the things that we used to do.

A kiss in the rain till the sun shines through

I tried to deny it but I'm still in love with you.

 

How long has it been? Days? Months? Years? I've lost count. Actually I stopped counting. Somedays it feels like it's been forever. Other times it feels like it was only yesterday when he was here by my side.

FLASHBACK

Somewhere in Jeju Island. 

We were walking hand in hand by the beach. 

I can't believe he's here with me. I'm in Jejudo with THE G-DRAGON! He's such a famous songwriter while  I am just a lowly bookstore clerk. 

I looked at him while he looks into the horizon.

He's so dreamy. How did I ever get so lucky to catch his attention?

He looks at me and flashes me with that gummy smile of his. I noticed a glint of mischief in his eyes. But before I could react, he had already let go of my hand and started splashing me with water. Seeing him this playful, it so different when he's making his music. I laugh and started splashing him back. 

We were having so much fun that we didn't notice the sky has darkened. We were wet so we didn't really feel the raindrops until it was pouring down hard.

"Oh my...it's raining! Let's go! We're gonna get wet!"

Jiyong was laughing so hard at my remark. "We're already wet. And the next shelter is too far."

"We still have to try. We might get sick!"

"Actually, I have a better idea."

I looked at him weirdly. Then he pulled me up against him and kissed me.

I was surprised at first but then my hands just automatically wrapped themselves around his nape, pulling him closer. 

It was the first time I've ever been kissed in the rain. At that moment, it didn't matter if we were wet or cold. All that mattered was just the two of us.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I miss him. I miss us. Why did I say no? I wish I could turn back time.

 

FLASHBACK

We've been going out for almost two years. We were standing by our spot on the Han River. It's a secluded spot we discovered after we've been going out for a year. It had a great view of the river but it was a bit hidden away from prying eyes. He was standing right behind me. His arms wrapped around me.

"Dara, should we tell everybody that we're dating?"

By everybody, he meant his fans. All the people that mattered, his bandmates, his boss, his family and friends knew about us already. I know he's been wanting to come clean about our relationship with his fans but I was afraid of how they would react. I've heard horror stories about the couples who admit that they're in a relationship. For some reason, it has always been hard on the girl. She's always percieved as the usurper, the villain in the relationship. I wasn't sure I was ready for that.

"Why?"

"I just feel like I need to be honest with them. And I want the world to know that I have the best girl in the whole wide world. I need to tell everybody you're mine so that you're hundreds of admirers would know to back off."

"You're kidding."

"I'm serious. Since you wanted it to be kept secret, I can't even poke the eyes out of the guys who look at you. "

"You're so silly. You know I only have eyes for you."

"I know. But it still irks me that they still look at you and I can't do anything about it."

"Well, what about your fans? They look too."

"That's why I'm telling you that we should tell them about us. I want my fans to know the reason for my happiness."

"Ok.We'll tell them. But we can't just drop it on them. We have to let them down gently. I don't want all your fans to come at me at once."

"If my fans know you like I do, they'll love you too."

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I should have stayed strong, I should've stayed with him. But now he's not with me. He's found someone else to lean on.  The song is coming towards the end. The last few stanzas hit me straight to the heart.

 

Just one night

And we'll have that magic feeling like we used to do

Hold on tight

And what ever comes our way we're gonna make it through

If seeing's believing, it's worth the wait

So hold me and tell me it's not too late

We're so good together, we're starting forever now

 

And I miss you like crazy, I miss you like crazy

No matter what I say or do

There's just no getting over you

 

I miss you Jiyong! I miss you like crazy. I wish I had said yes. I wish I had stayed with you. You're the only one for me.

I'm crying earnestly now. I can't stop the tears from falling. Holidays have always made me sentimental.

There's a knock at the door. I hastily try to wipe the tears from my face. If my sister Bom see's me crying, I'd never hear the end of it. 

I open the door and it's the face I've been wanting to see the most. I'm confused. Why is he here?

"Jiyong...what..."

"I know you said we needed space. I know we broke up but you need to hear me out. Can I come in?"

I open the door wider to let him in. I close the door and follow him to the living room.

"What are you doing here Jiyong?" I don't know if my voice sounded steady but I know inside I'm shaking.

"I know we said that we were going to break up. I thought if I gave you space, you'd realize you really wanted to be with me and come back. But you never did. I don't know if it's too late. If you're over me already. I just came here to say, I'm not over you. I don't think I will ever be over you. I love you Dara."

The tears I've been holding started streaming down my face. Jiyong looked alarmed and came closer.

"I'm sorry baby girl. I didn't mean to make you cry." He wipes the tears from my eyes and cheeks. "I just wanted to tell you how I feel. I don't expect you to come back if you don't want to."

He was about to pull away when I locked my arms on his waist. He raises his eyebrow at me. I smiled at him through my tears. 

"Dara...are you..."

"This is my way of saying, "I love you" too. I was just thinking how stupid I was not to stay beside you. Forgive me?"

"I was gonna ask you to forgive me. Forgive me for letting you go."

"I hope you forgive me for making you stay away. If I propose the idea of a break up again, just smack me."

"How about I kiss you instead?"

"I think I like your idea better."

His head bends down closer to capture her lips in his. Her arms move their way to his nape to pull him closer.