Stuck

Thought Of You

 

 

I am basically stuck here in my dorm. It's Christmas Eve and an intense blizzard howled huge amounts of snow, making the streets entirely covered in white. No one could go outside in that kind of weather. I have already called my mom a while ago to let her know my situation and that I'm safe. Good thing  she understands, besides, she fully trusts my roommate who is obviously stuck here with me. Lee Chaerin.

Chaerin has been my best friend since when we were little so we know each other completely. We went to the same schools all our lives, even now in college. We're childhood playmates, neighbors, classmates, best friends. All that. But one thing is permanent, I love her with all my heart.

 

"Ssandara Park!", she called my name teasingly like she always does.

 

"Aigoo, Chaerin! I told you, it's Sandara! By the way, what is it?"

 

"I'm gonna make some hot chocolate, you want some?", she asks.

 

I nodded at her happily. "Of course! Who doesn't want one in this freezing weather?"

 

She chuckled at my response and headed to the kitchen to fix us some hot beverage. As for me, I just snuggled up on my couch with my baby, my stuffed rabbit named Tamtam. I still remember the day I got him.

 


 

 

My family and I just moved in to this residential area since my dad just got a new job near the location. I am very anxious about moving in because it's a completely new environment for me, very city-like compared to the town I grew up with. As a five-year old, this kind of change is terrifying.

 

"Omma, I don't want to be here! I have no friends left. What if I grow old with no friends?", I rambled to my mother who is busy with her knitting. "Don't be silly, Sandara. You'll have new friends here." She just continued her work and I'm still upset. "But omma!!". Giving up, my mother stopped what she was doing and carried me to sit on her lap. "Tell you what, we're gonna go next door to meet some new neighbors. I heard there's a little girl as young as you next door. We'll talk to them, okay?" I'm still hesitant but I surrendered and just agreed to her.

 

We got to our neighbor's front door and my mother started to knock while I'm hiding behind her legs. The door opened, revealing a beautiful woman who looks the same age as my mom smiling at us. She welcomed us to their home which is really cozy and big. I took a seat on the couch while my mom and the woman is talking.
 

"Ms. Lee,", said my mom. "Yes?", she replied. "Where is your daughter? My little girl wants to meet a new friend and-" Mom was cut off by the sound coming from the stairs. I think someone's coming down.

 

"Mommy, can I have some cookies and milk, please?", this cute girl from upstairs approached the woman who happens to be her mom. "Sure, darling." Then, this girl smile widely at her mom that her eyes even formed into curves. She's really cute! Ms. Lee excuses herself to us and went to the kitchen while the girl sits comfortingly to where her mother was formerly sitting.
 

"Hello, little one! What is your name?", my mom asked her. She looked up to omma with her almond eyes as she introduced herself. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Chaerin." "Well, annyeong, Chaerin! You can call me Ms. Park." My mom suddenly gestured to me to sit next to her. "Chaerin, I would like you to meet my baby girl, Park Sandara." I smiled at her awkwardly because I feel nervous but she returned it with a very sweet smile.
 

She walked towards me and offered her hand for me to shake, "Nice to meet you, Ss-ssandara!" Her way of saying my name made me giggle and she just laughed at her mistake too. "You too, Chaerin.", I replied and shook her hand. Ms. Lee emerged from the kitchen with a tray holding a plate of cookies and two glasses of milk and two glasses of soda. "Here you are, sweetheart. Here's for you too, cutie pie." She handed me the other glass of milk as I blushed after being called cutie pie.

"Mom, can Ssandara go to my room to play with me?", Chaerin said.
 

"Sure, honey. Just keep your toys afterwards, okay?"

 

"Okay, mommy! Come on, Ssandara!" Now, I think she's calling me that on purpose. She suddenly grabbed my hand tightly and led me to her room.

We played for hours in her room which was filled with wonderful toys, mainly teddy bears. But one thing stood out for me. This one black rabbit which looks handmade.

"Chaerin, who is this?", I asked her as I hold the stuffed rabbit in front of me.
 

"Oh, that's Tamtam. My mommy said she gave it to me since I was a baby. He was my first friend.", she said. She walked towards me and gently took the rabbit from me. She put Tamtam next to my face and her eyes go back and forth to me and Tamtam.
 

"What are you doing?", I asked her, trying not to laugh at her action.
 

"I think you look like him! I'm gonna call you Ssantokki from now on.", she giggled at her own words.
 

"Yah! I do not!"
 

We ended up chasing each other around her room until her mom called us because my mom and I are going home already. It was so fun playing with Chaerin. We were about to leave the Lee residence when Chaerin pulled me by the hand.
 

"Wait."
 

I looked at her for a second and she suddenly rushed upstairs. What is she up to? She quickly ran down the stairs with her hands on her back.
 

"I want to give you this.", she revealed her hands holding Tamtam. "I want you to keep him because I know you'll take care of him. I trust you. Promise me that you'll take care of Tamtam, Ssantokki." I heard my mom chuckle next to me, maybe because of Chaerin's nickname for me. I clutched the rabbit to my chest, hugging it tightly, then I managed to hug her too. "I promise, Chaerin."

 

 

 

 

"Ssantokki, here's your hot choco. Careful, it's hot.", Chaerin said. 

I look at her with a smile and take the cup from her chubby hand. "Thanks, Pudong."

She sits next to me on the couch and takes a few sips of her hot chocolate after blowing it.
 

"Ahh, that's good stuff."

 

We just sat there in silence, enjoying the delicious drink she prepared for both of us. Chaerin put her mug down on the coffee table and stared at me. She always stares at me in a way that I feel that I'd melt and feel butterflies flying in my stomach.
 

"What?", I asked curiously. "Nothing, I just noticed that your hair looks longer now." She ran her hand through my hair, stating her point. "Yeah. You like it longer, right?", I said and I notice that her face went closer to mine. "I like your hair in any style. But there's one hairstyle that I really love." I gave her a questioning look. Chaerin stands up and gets something in the nearby drawer and I see her hand holding a ponytail.
 

"Will you let me do your famous apple hair again?"

 

 

 

 

Chaerin and I are both on the 3rd grade now. Everyday, we went to this park near our school before going home. Both of us decided to just sit on one of the benches instead of playing because we're tired after a long day in school.

 

"I just noticed that your hair is getting longer, Ssantokki."
 

Some people at school started calling me Dara since it's not usual to have a three-syllable Korean name. However, this stubborn girl named Chaerin still calls me a rabbit. I got used to it anyway, and I find it kinda cute, honestly.
 

"You think so?", I said to her. "Yeah, now I can't see your cute face because of it.", she jokes. "Aish, Chae.", I said annoyingly but I'm quite flattered about her compliment. I actually have to thank my long hair for covering my face a bit so she wouldn't see my now red cheeks.
 

"I know a really good hairstyle that suits you." She tucked some hair behind my ears to see my face clearly. She cupped my face as she inspects my hair. I think my cheeks are getting warmer.
 

"Your hands are squeezing my cheeks so hard!", I placed my own hands over hers which were still cupping my face. "You know, your hands are really chubby, Chaerin. I think I'll call you, Pudoong." She immediately took away her hands from my cheeks after I said that. "Don't you even dare.", she warned. "Okay, okay. Just show me the hairstyle you're talking about."
 

"Fine." Chaerin went behind me and grabbed a lock of my hair and starts to do the style she said earlier. I keep calling her Pudoong while she's working on my hair. She would groan everytime she hears it but I think she quickly gave in. "Done!", she yelled proudly. "How will I know if this looks good? I can't see it.", I complained. "Trust me, you look great.", she said to me while admiring my appearance after doing my hair. I have to admit, I feel really fresh with this hairstyle. I wasn't wrong. I looked so cute when I saw my reflection in the mirror when I got home after that.

 

 

 

"There you go, Dara.", she smiled at me after doing the apple hair for me.
 

"Thanks, Rin. You're really the best when it comes to apple hair."
 

"Don't you forget it.", she cockily smiles and sat properly on the couch again.

 

It's actually getting boring now. We're just sitting there, waiting for nothing, really. I guess Chaerin felt it too, so now we're watching some movie. We're now cuddling with some stuffed animals of ours, specifically Rilakkuma and Kiiroitori, with Tamtam between us. Rilakkuma and Kiiroitori have been our favorite characters, not only because they match our personalities but there was a cute story behind it too.

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's go to the arcade, Chae!", I dragged her along to this arcade where I found a big doll grabbing game machine filled with Rilakkuma and Kiiroitori plushies. "Slow down, Ssantokki!"
 

"Let's catch some Rilakkumas for you!", I said as I put a token to the machine and began to play. 
 

After fifteen minutes of trying, I give up. This game is too difficult. I see Chaerin feeling sorry for me. "Giving up?", she asked. I turned around to look at her with sorry written on my face but I saw her holding a token between her fingers and place it on my right palm.
 

"Last chance. Consider this token the lucky one.", she whispers as she encloses my hand to the token into a fist and kissed it. I was surprised by her sudden action that I think I'm blushing again.
 

Okay, lucky token, do your thing. I inserted it to the machine and did my best to catch a plushie. And with luck on our side, I caught a Rilakkuma and Kiiroitori attached to it.
 

"You did it!", she cheered as I was still shocked at what happened. I did it. I grabbed the stuffed toys out of the machine and gave it to her. "You keep the chick. You'll be my Kiirodaltori.", Chaerin said sweetly.

 

 

 

 

 

The movie has ended and I saw Chaerin asleep. I guess she's exhausted. I took the opportunity to stare at her without getting caught. Whenever I see her next to me, I can't help but reminisce the memories that I spent with her. We have been together a lot as best friends. However, I can't help but to think that I feel something different for her. She's known as CL, the very hot and charismatic girl in the campus but she will always be Chaerin in my eyes. The cute and charming Lee Chaerin. I remember that moment when I begin to feel this weird feeling for her back in high school.

 

 

 

 

 

Freshman year has been a great period for both Chaerin and I. The year ended with me as an honor student while Chaerin became a star rookie in the school's volleyball team. During our sophomore year, I got busier with my studies to keep my scholarship. As for Chaerin, she got more popular and became the star of the team. She was now known as CL. We still managed to see each other but not as often as before. Then there went our third year. She confessed that she's a lesbian then which surprised me but at the same time, I felt something else that I can't explain. It's like I've been expecting it from her. She was accepted as she is which is a relief for her and for me too. As the days went on, I rarely get to see her because she was so busy with game practices, though she's right next door. One time I saw her at one of the corridors.
 

"Chae!", I called out to her. She heard me and our eyes met when she turned to see who called her. I know that she already knew it was me because everybody else calls her CL. I ran towards her but she seems to be in a hurry. "I'm sorry, Dara, I have to go. I'm...kinda busy right now. I'll see you later.", and she just left me.
 

I've been calling her phone but it's always not available. What has she been up to that she can't even pick it up? Then one time, I saw her again. But it wasn't just her. She was with a girl, and they were making out in the locker room. It was a painful sight to watch. I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I should be happy for her, right? But all I felt at that time was pain right through the heart. I guess I'm just very possessive over her because she's the only friend that I genuinely have.
 

Our senior year came so fast and I haven't talked to her since she began dating that same girl she was making out with. I don't even bother because I know she got some priorities and I am not one of them anymore. I just tried to focus on my studies but I can't think very clearly without her by my side like before. One night, I decided to go to the park where we used to go as kids. The moon is full and the sky is bright and clear. A very beautiful night scene. I just kept on strolling and found myself going straight to the playground. A familiar figure who's back is facing me is sitting on the swing. As expected, it's her. Wait, is she crying?

 

"Chaerin?", she froze when she hear my voice. She looked up at me and now I know she's really crying. Without another word said, I hugged her tightly as she let her tears fall. I don't care if my sleeve is getting damp because of her. I want to see her smile again. Seeing her cry shatters my heart. After minutes of nothing but the sound of her crying, she finally stopped.
 

"Thank you for being here with me when I need you most. I love you for that."
 

Her last sentence made my world stop. My heartbeat is pumping fast. I know she meant it in a friendly tone but for me, it meant everything.
The reason of her crying a while ago was her girlfriend. Her ex, that is. She said the girl cheated on her with someone with a , as what Chaerin said. I just comforted her all night saying that she's worth more than any guy out there and she deserves better. Part of me was wishing that I hope to be the one to give her the world. I think I'm starting to fall in love with my best friend.

 

"See that moon, Dara?", she pointed out. I just nodded at her. "You're like the moon in my sky. You're the one who gives me light in my dark world and you make me a better person as the moon makes the night sky beautiful. It's fate that your name has Dal on it and my initials sounds like the French term of sky. It's meant to be." Chaerin sincerely said as she stares at me with her gorgeous almond eyes, the moonlight reflecting to it, making it sparkle. She was leaning closer to me. What is she gonna do? I was just sitting still, waiting for what's going to happen. I closed my eyes and I felt something soft touch my left cheek. It's her lips. "I'm forever grateful to have you in my life, Dara. Never forget that."

 

 

 

And I never did. It's one moment in my life that I'd cherish all my life.

"I love you, Chaerin. I love you so much.", I whispered.

She began to stir from her sleep. Did she hear me? She slowly opened her eyes. "Hey, Ssantokki. What time is it?" We both looked at the clock. It's just a minute before midnight.

"Omo, it's almost twelve!", we both said at the same time. Then it struck twelve.
"Merry Christmas, Chaerin!", I hugged her while she's still lying on the couch. She hugged me back and it's so comfortable being with her right now. "Merry Christmas, Darong! Wait, I have to get my present for you!" She pulled away. "Oh, me too!"

Both of us headed to our own rooms to get the gifts we bought for each other. I went out of my room and saw Chaerin carrying a cage with the cutest kitten ever inside it.

"Merry Christmas!", she greeted again while presenting her adorable present.
 

"You bought me a cat?", I cheerfully asked.

 

"Yeah, you said you'd love to have a cat as a pet so here.", Chaerin took the cat out of its cage and gave it to me. It's so cute! "You like it?"

"I love it, Chaerin! Thank you!" I looked at the cat and its blue eyes and gray fur are so beautiful. "I think I'm gonna call her, Haneul.", I said. "Another sky, huh? You just indirectly named your cat after me!", she whined. "Well, you did give her to me so why not? By the way, here's my gift."
I handed her my gift after putting Haneul back to her cage. She opened it and her reaction was priceless.

 

"No way!! You got me the limited edition Jeremy Scott x Adidas winged shoes? How on earth?"
 

"I know some people..", I proudly stated.
 

"Let me guess, your cousin, Bom-unnie who's in the states?", she smirks since she knows she's right. "Maybe..", I muttered in defeat. "Thank you for this, Dara!" The next thing I know, I was tackled by her in a very tight hug.

 

"Oh, I have another surprise for you.", she pulled away and forced me to get up. Another surprise? She covered my eyes with her pudoong hands as she guided me to the direction we're supposed to go. "What is it now, Chaerin? Are you pulling another prank on me becau-" "No, just shut up and walk."

 

I felt her hands removed from my face. I opened my eyes to see that I'm in her room. I'm standing in the middle of her room as she stands in front of me.

 

"Why are we in your room?", I asked her suspiciously.
 

"Look up.", I did what she told me and looked up. I can't believe at what I saw.
 

"You know the Christmas rule when under the mistletoe.", Chaerin said. She takes both my hands to hold and she's closing the gap between us. "I love you too, Sandara Park." She leaned closer and kissed me softly in the lips. She puts my hands around her neck as she places hers on my waist. At that moment, everything felt right. I love her so much. I love Lee Chaerin! Hands down, this was the best Christmas present ever.

 

 

 

A/N: I hope you liked the story. I just wrote it on Christmas Eve so I apologize if there are some mistakes.. Lol. Made it specially for Bitreso! Thank you for supporting me! Thank you for giving me a chance to write, Chaera shippers. MERRY CHRISTMAS!