Partying folks

Of Baby Panda and Dragon Wings

Tao made the final adjustments to his outfit before he stepped out of the Institute with his brothers. They were going to a party thrown by the werewolf pack of Seoul, to celebrate the opening of a new pizza restaurant ran by a pack member.

After some consideration, Tao decided to exchange his diamond studded Gucci belt for an electrum plated weapons belt. Truth to be told, the weapons belt looked better with the rest of his outfit. He just wasn’t sure if it would be improper for him to put on anything that resembles a part of his Shadowhunter gear to a party, moreover a Downworlders party. No harm if he left out the weapons in his belt, them.

Right before he stepped out of the Institute, he doubled back to his room, much to the exasperation of his younger brother Sehun, and shoved his stele and couple of seraph blades into his belt. Oh well. At least he left his staff and sword behind.

***

Tao and his youngest brother Sehun were quick to melt into the partying crowd. While Sehun enjoys dancing out on the dance floor, Tao enjoys people watching over a drink. Of course, he would always look out for Jongin and Sehun more than the others, after all, Tao was the oldest of the three brothers and it was just his instinct to watch over them. Unless they found people to hook up with. In that case, Tao would politely look away to give them their privacy. Not that it happened often. Jongin had something going on with the warlock Kyungsoo and Tao is pretty sure Sehun was currently into a rather well known wolf cub, the youngest member of the Praetor Lupus. Tao has forgotten his name, but was pretty sure there is something like deer or something in his name. Oh, the irony.

“Hello, Shadowhunter. I do hope you’re here for the party, not to trash the place.”

Tao swirled his drink a little and look over at the speaker. Obviously a fey, pale hair with dark dragon wings growing out of his back. He was wearing a top that consist of black straps criss-crossing all over, revealing lots of his pale skin. Or maybe it is so that his wings can be freed in this top. His pants were ripped tastefully and seemed to be made out of a rather thin membrane that hugs his long lean legs snugly. On his feet, he had on-

“Whoa, dude, isn’t that the 9 eye Dr Marten boots?”

The fey looked down and lifted a leg, flexing a little. “Yeah, looks good, huh.”

Tao gave those maroon boots an appreciating look and looked back up. “I never knew fey are that into fashion, other than flowers and plants.”

“I was born 24 years ago, not 240 years.” He shrugged. “My name is Kris, by the way. Kris Wu.”

Tao raised an eyebrow and looked closer. Yes, he definitely has some Chinese features in his looks. “No wonder you don’t speak in those confusing ancient way like most fey does. No offence though.” He took a deep breath. “My name is Huang Zitao. Call me Tao.”

Kris’s eyes widen. “You’re Chinese too? What are you doing here in Seoul?”

“Shadowhunters comes from all over the world. In my case, I was adopted. I was born in Qingdao.”

Kris tapped his chin thoughtfully. “I see. Forgive me for being curious, but I noticed that you’ve been eyeing the other two Shadowhunters for some time now.  Do you actually know them or are you looking for a chance for a tonight? Wait, does the Clave even approve of that?”

Tao rolled his eyes. “Remember I mentioned I was adopted? Those 2 are my adoptive brothers.”

“Ahhhh. That explains it.” Kris furrowed his brows. “Wait, three adopted brothers. Wait wait. I don’t suppose you’re the three adopted brothers of the Seoul Institute? Kim Junmyeon’s sons?”

It was Tao’s turn to be surprised. “Wait. How did you know about us?”

Kris chuckled. “Why, of course! The three adopted brothers of Seoul Institute are famed for their ability to fight as well as their ability to party. Kim Junmyeon himself is another thing too. It is tough for a head of the Institute to gather all Downworlders in his region to act accordingly peacefully and he has done that.”

“Well, I suppose he does have lots of money lying around to spend for everyone.”

Kris laughed at Tao’s direct and somewhat a little caustic reply. “That’s correct. But to have everyone to obey willingly? You have to admire his personality and his heart too. He did nothing to cause people to mistrust him on. He is pretty amazing.”

Tao gestured to the bartender for a round of drinks for the two of them. The drinks were quickly brought forward. They chinked their glass together and raised it to their lips. Before Tao could take a sip, Kris caught his wrist in his hand. “This drink is spiked.”

Tao scrutinized his drink. “Faerie drug?” Kris nodded gravely.

Tao gave it a thought before shrugging. “Not my first time. We are at a party after all.” He winked at Kris and took a sip of his drink. Kris eyed Tao warily before taking a sip from his own drink.

Tao his lips and turned to the fey. “Rare to see a fey who actually looks out for other’s wellbeing.”

Kris sighed. “I apologize on behalf of the selfish and evil people of my race. You can’t exactly choose them.”

Tao grinned. “Chill. You’re nice.” He took another sip of his drink. He could feel the faerie drug kicking in. The colours are getting sharper. Not that it is a bad thing. “You mentioned you’re born 24 years ago. That makes you older. I’m 21. Can I call you gege?”

“Gege?” Kris ran the Chinese word for older brother though his mind. It seems alright. “Why not?”

Tao merely grinned wider and they both took another sip.

***

All too soon, Tao eyed Sehun’s approaching figure. By this time, Kris had an arm around his shoulders and the young Shadowhunter had rested his hand on the fey’s thigh. They were already on their third drink of the night. They spent the entire night talking, getting to know more about each other.

“Hyung. Jongin is waiting outside already. Let’s go.” said Sehun.

As much as Tao is reluctant to, he knew that he had to leave. Not trusting that he could walk home that well, he gestured to Sehun to give him a minute. The youngest brother nodded and left, presumably to join Jongin outside.

Tao withdrew his phone and gave it to Kris. “Give me your number. I assume you have a phone, right?

While Kris tapped in his number, Tao used his stele and drew an iratze on his arm. His wooziness cleared a little. By the time Kris returned his phone, Tao was sober enough to even do a backflip. “I hope that this will not be the last time we meet each other, Gege.”

Kris smiled gently and pulled Tao closer. “We will meet each other soon. You’ve got my number. Drop me a text.” Kris leaned closer and kissed Tao lightly on the lips before waving his hand goodbye.

Tao swallowed once, before he smiled back and waved. Once he stepped outside, his two brothers unpeeled themselves from the walls and they started their trudge back to the Institute.

“Who’s that fey?” asked Sehun.

Tao smiled. “Kris Wu. He seems nice.”

Sehun snorted. “Seems more than nice to you. I didn’t miss that smooch.”

Tao rolled his eyes. “It’s just a kiss. Plus, you shouldn’t have looked. You’re too young.”

Jongin looked at Tao, spluttering. “You’re not that much older than us. Not even a year older than Sehun and I. And we do know more things than just plain kissing, you know.”

Tao narrowed his eyes at Jongin. “Seems like you’ve gotten into Kyungsoo’s pants huh?”

At that, Jongin threw up his hands and walked off in a huff. Sehun burst into peals of laughter.

***

Tao kicked open his room door in the Institute and threw himself down on the couch, after pouring himself a glass of water. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts and spotted a newly added ‘Kris Gege’. He smiled and typed out a text.

Hey, Gege. Taotao here~~ 🐼 🐼 🐼

I got home fine. See ya some time!  ~( ° °)~

Tao threw his phone onto his bed and started wiping off his makeup. His phone buzzed soon after and he picked it up straight away.

See ya!  /|\ ( ; , ; ) /|\

***

Going to the party on the day after tomorrow?

?

I didn’t know there’s a party going on. Where is it?

Really? Thrown by Do Kyungsoo. I thought you’d know. Isn’t he, like, your brother’s boyfriend?

Even you noticed. Sigh.

Jongin himself is too thick. He denies their relationship. No idea why.

Hahahaha. It’ll work out. Somehow. /|\ ( ; , ; ) /|\

You know, gege, I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s with that emoji?

Ah. Can’t you tell, my baby panda? ;)

Your baby panda? /snort

No. What is it?

You sent me a text with pandas. So I sent back one with bat wings. I don’t know how to do a dragon wings emoji.

HAHAHAHA. You’re hilarious, Gege.

Let me Google for you.

Found it. Here you go.

  \_____/
 (.'_'.)  
\. ./ 

........  

Or this.

^.=.^

Okay, ^.=.^ is rather cute. The other is… not.

I think I’ll stick with /|\ ( ; , ; ) /|\

:)

OH GOSH, GEGE.

What?

I found panda emoji.

Oh?

 ω 

Oh.

Uhm.

I think that smart text looks better.

This looks like someone who got punched in the eye.

:’C

Gege…

I punch people. I don’t get punched.

Hahahaha alright alright.

/pats head

( ─‿‿─)~

 

“ting your Krissy boy?”

Tao looked up in annoyance to see Sehun stretching out on the couch, munching on a bag of chips.

“Go away.”

“What do you guys chat about, anyway? Wings maintenance?” Sehun tried to look at Tao’s phone screen. Tao shrugged and pushed his brother away. “Emojis.”

Sehun stopped. “Emojis? You don’t need emoji to dirty chat, you know. There is something called video call. Or Skype. Or if you want to stage things a little, just send a photo.”

“What’s with you people?” Tao groaned. “Why is your brain filled with all those…. stuff? I showed him the dragon and panda emojis that I found.”

Sehun sat back in his seat slowly. After a few seconds, his hand went into the bag of chips and brought out a new handful. He munched slowly, swallowed and looked at his older brother slowly. “Oh, by the Angel, that’s it? Gosh. Seriously, emojis??”

“What do you talk about with your wolf cub anyway?” Sehun opened his mouth, only to be cut off. “No, don’t tell me. I don’t need to know.”

Sehun grinned evilly. “Your lost.”

The door to the library creaked open to admit a damp looking Jongin.

“Jongin! Where were you?” Tao called over.

Jongin shrugged. “Out.”

“And why didn’t you tell me there is a party Kyungsoo is throwing in two days? I had to hear it from Kris.”

Sehun’s eyes bulged. “There is a party coming in two days? Is there any way I can hurry that jacket over in time?”

Jongin fidgeted. “Oh, that. Yeah, I’m here to tell you that. I only got to know today. Uhm. I need to go change out of these clothes.” He promptly left the library.

Sehun and Tao looked at each other and blinked.

“Hunnie. Try calling the shipping company and throw a fit over it.”

Sehun nodded his head. “Can I invite people over?”

Tao was already tapping away on his phone. “You mean that cub? Go on. I don’t see the harm.”

Gege, see you in 2 days’ time. 🐼

***

As usual, Jongin slunk in a corner, drinking quietly. Sehun dominated the dance floor, with a baby faced wolf cub close beside him. Tao leaned back on a couch, the only seat available in the entire place. Anyone who dared to near him received a cold glare and they quickly decided to look for a seat somewhere else, with their limbs attached.

It wasn’t long until Tao spotted someone tall sauntering over, with two tall drinks in his hands.

Tao’s face lit up. He sat up straighter and took a drink from Kris’s hands.

“Bourbon and orange and mint. Hope you like it.”

Tao took a sip and cocked his head to one side. “Mmm. Lovely.” He placed his drink on the table next in front of him and moved into the older’s arms. ‘I missed you, Gege.”

Kris chuckled and returned the hug. When they separated, Kris kept one arm around the Shadowhunter and held him close. “I missed you too, baby panda. What have you been up to?”

Tao squirmed a little; to fit himself more comfortably in Kris’s arms and also, damn, that pet name sounded so hot coming from Kris’s deep voice. “Nothing much. Sent a couple of demons back to their dimensions. Trained. Went to the beach.”

“You like beaches? Should have asked me along.”

Tao shrugged. “I like taking a walk alone along the beach.” He smiled widely. “It would be nice if you’re with me though.”

They snuggled closer to each other, contented to be in each other’s company.

Kris cleared his throat. “You know, Tao, I mentioned that-“

“Call me baby panda.”

“Huh?”

Tao glanced at Kris with wide eyes. “I like is when you call me baby panda.”

Kris smiled at him fondly and obliged. “Baby panda, I mentioned that I’ve heard a lot about Kim Junmyeon and his three adopted sons, right?” Tao nodded. “I actually left out something that are well known among people. Something else about you three.”

Tao peered at the fey’s face, searching for hints. “And? What is it?”

Kris took a steadying breath before continuing. “They say that the three sons are gorgeous.” Tao’s breath hitched. “Which is true, I realised that when I spotted you three. But to me, you are the most gorgeous one. Do enlighten me, how could anyone be as gorgeous as you?” He lifted his free hand to cup Tao’s face.

Tao’s wide eyes searched Kris’s face. “You… you’re not winding me up, right?”

Kris’s eyes softened. “I can never lie. We faeries cannot lie. Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Why would I? And I’m not old enough to do that creative speaking thing those old faeries does.” His thumb brushes against those angular cheekbones. “Since that day, that day when we first met, you are everything I am thinking about. I kept picturing you whenever we were texting, what were you doing, where were you, how do you look. When you took too long to reply, I kept wondering if something bad had happened to you. I wanted to fly over to you right away and –“

Tao looked up quickly. “You can fly?” He glanced at the dragon wings out of his back.

Kris sighed. “Yes, I can, but that’s not the point. I want to be sure that you’re okay, and if you’re in danger, I want to be there to protect you. I want to know everything about you. I get lonely at night and wished to be able to hold you and fall asleep next to you. I… I just… In this few days, I somehow found out that I… that I… that I cannot be without you. I cannot function without you. You get what I mean?”

Tao closed his eyes and leaned into Kris. He breathed in his scent, leafy and a whiff of Hugo Boss cologne. He pushed his face into the crook of Kris’s neck and wrapped his arms around the older man.

“Gege, I don’t know what to say. I… I don’t doubt you, but it is quite surprising that I affect you this much. I…” Tao trailed off and buried his face into Kris’s shoulders. “I definitely like you a lot but… I don’t know what to say…”

Kris hugged him close and shut his eyes. After some time, he peered down at the one in his arms. “Tao, my baby panda. Can I… Can I kiss you?”

Tao stilled for a bit before deciding. He pulled a little bit away to look straight at Kris. In a flash, he sat across Kris’s lap and held his face between his palms.

“Gege, you don’t ask for permission to kiss someone. You just do when the time is right.”

With that, Tao reduced the distance and kissed Kris, for the first of many times that night.

 


Whoaaa.

Unlike Let Out The Beast, I did not have a solid plot in mind when I wrote it. I initially wanted to just write how they met during Kyungsoo's party but I couldn't fit it all in and got this urge to write their text conversation and so. I pushed the first party to a werewolves's party, which was never mentioned in Let Out The Beast.

Thank you for reading thus far! Comments? :)