1/1

Snow Kiss

It wasn’t his idea to have the snowball fight. Changjo shivered as he pulled his hood a bit tighter around his face. Thinking about the glorious warmth of indoor life, he thought to himself: what am I doing out here? He winced as fresh snow struck the side of his head.

Ricky came running up, shoes sinking slightly in the soft white ground. He was laughing, the normally deep brown eyes almost invisible as they bunched up in merriment, tiny little lines creasing out from the corners. His cheeks were daubed with red from the cold and his breath came out in small white puffs. His hood must have fallen off sometime during his antics because the black strands of his hair were exposed.

Oh.                                                                                  

Changjo smiled.

 “How can we have a snowball fight if you don’t participate?!” Ricky whined.

“….huh? Oh, err…it’s too cold to make snowballs, um…I don’t think my gloves are thick enough…yeah…,” mumbled the taller boy in reply.

Changjo was vaguely aware that the other boy was still firing off complaints but he wasn’t really listening. He noticed that tiny flecks of snow had settled in Ricky’s dark eyelashes.

Having given up trying to encourage Changjo to actually have a snowball fight, Ricky was now attempting to catch the falling snowflakes on his tongue. It was proving a little more difficult than he’d thought. He frowned, brows knitting solemnly together. Changjo couldn’t help laughing at his childish reaction. This only caused Ricky to pout. He marched up to the maknae in a huff.

“Why don’t you actually join in and have some fun instead of just…standing there? And why are you staring at me like that?”

Changjo was feeling a little dazed at the close proximity.

“Because I like you.”

What did I just say?

They both stood in shocked silence, the snow continuing to fall gently around them. Although he was freezing, Changjo could feel the heat rising into his cheeks, embarrassment burning him from the inside out. He was about to turn around and walk away when Ricky suddenly reached out his hand.

“Wait.”

Could it be?

“There’s snow in your fringe.”

Maybe not.

Changjo tried to keep his expression neutral but it was hard to quell his growing disappointment. He kept his head still as Ricky fiddled with the strands of hair. He avoided the other’s eyes, bringing his gaze firmly to the snow-laden ground.

Suddenly, he felt Ricky’s hand move lower down, curving to cup the side of his face. Before he could react, the smaller boy had gently pressed his lips against his own, standing on slight tiptoe so that he could reach.

Eyes widened in shock, Changjo felt as if his brain couldn’t process what was happening. It felt too good to be true, too beautiful a moment, maybe it was all just a dream and he’d wake up again in his top bunk back in the dorm.

Or maybe it was time to take a chance.

Closing his eyes, he looped his arms around Ricky’s waist, bringing him in closer to his own body as the kiss deepened. When he eventually pulled back, a shy smile sprang unbidden to his lips.

Ricky was smiling as well.

“I like you too.” 


 

...and this is why i only write nasty stuff. hmm... >_>