001

sticky note
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji opened her eyes slowly as she heard the loud alarm noise. "Ugh, so disturbing." she sighed while rubbing her eyes. Looking at her left side, she tried to find her phone to stop the alarm. Her tiny hand wandered around her bed until she finally found her phone. When she looked at the screen, her eyes widen immediately. 

"Damn it! How can i forget?" she said while hitting her own forhead quite hard. auch. "Ah dumb hand." She sighed again. "What should i do? Aih seriously how can you sleep right now, youngji?" she talked to herself while rubbing her forhead. Told you its hurt ahaha.  

It's 4.00 in the morning now but she still insisted to call her one and only bestfriend, she felt bad towards him after all. So she picked up her phone and quickly dialled the number. She waited for the phone to be pick up, but she just cannot sit still, so she stood up, and walked back and forth in her not-so-big bedroom. 

"Uh pick up please!" Youngji tried to call him once again.

And finally,

"Like seriously youngji, what do you want this time? Its 4 in the morning and please can i get some sleep?" Even though Youngji cannot see him, she knew he is frowning right now.

"Aaaa im sorry," youngji laughed, feeling realived but a bit guilty. 

"Nah, its okay. So why do you call?" 

"Er..." 

"Youngji, seriously," he chuckled. "If you are not gonna talk, then i am going to hang up," 

"Hey okay okay! Listen to what I am going to say okay! And don't talk if i have not finish yet!" Youngji exhaled, relaxing herself. "Okay, firstly, i am really sorry I forget that it's your birthday. I should wish you at 12, but then I fall asleep early today, im really sorry-"

"Hey calm down, its o-" Jackson tried to calm her but,

"I told you to not talk until i finish!" Youngji cut his sentence. 

On the other line, jackson just chuckled again. What a cute bestfriend he have. 

"Okay so im going to apologize now and do you accept my apology? Ok dont answer yet. Anyway, even if i am late, happy birthday Jackson! I wish you the happiest in your life, and i hope all of your dreams will come true. Yes, all of those dreams of yours, including the one- that you want to have a girlfriend this year. Stop being so stupid, okay kidding. And grow taller!" She stopped talking as she laughed. 

"Can i talk now?" Jackson asked. He have been smilling all the time youngji was talking. 

"Oh sure, you can." 

"Ok," he chuckled again. "So you call me just to wish me this? Ofcourse, that's so Youngji. I'm quite mad that you did not wish me earlier, ceh, no. I am just kidding. I dont mind actually. Thank you for those wishes, but since you did something wrong today-"

"are you going to punish me, seriously jackson?" Youngji frowned.

"Ofcourse. So meet me tomorrow at our usual place okay! Don't be late or else you will get another punishment!" Jackson said, sound all so serious but the truth is, he has been trying hard not to laugh. 

"That's it? Hah! I thought what it is. Okay then see you soon!" 

"Alright, don't forget my present, bye." And then he hang up. 

Youngji smiled, feeling all excited about their meeting later. She should sleep now, but she cannot fall asleep. She was so excited that she doesn't even realise her sister went into her room. 

"Hey," her sister walked towards her and sat on her bed. "Havent sleep yet?" She asked. 

Youngji just smiled, showing her white teeth. 

"Seriously, just tell him you like him already. Its so obvious, youngji." Her sister said, making youngji blushed. Her heart skipped a beat as she thought 'unnie knows?'. 

"What are you saying! How can i like him. He is just my bestfriend, ok?" Youngji denied it, heol. She will never admit it.

"Hah. You and your lies." Her sister pointed at her. "I know you so well to know you like him or not. Hurry up, or he might get snatch by some other girls. I know he is quite popular among girls, right?" 

Youngji sighed, "i don't want to lose our friendship. It might be awkward if i confess but then get reject by him." She looked down on her bed, feeling extremely sad.

Youngji's sister patted youngji shoulder. 

"It's okay, I am already happy this way." Youngji smiled weakly. 

Umph, are you sure?

 

 

*****

 

 


Jackson looked around, trying to find that not so short yet not so tall figure. After looking around for quite some time, he decided to walk towards the counter. "Maybe she haven't arrive yet. Aish that girl," he talked to himself. 

"Eh jackson?" a noona at the counter asked him. They know each other because jackson have been to that coffee shop way to often. 

"Oh! Annyeong, noona!" Jackson bowed a little, a smile on his face. "Have you seen Youngji?" he asked while his head looking around that shop. 

"I was about to ask you where is youngji," she answered while pouring coffee. After she have done with the coffee, she looked up at Jackson and said, "both of you always come together. It's weird to see you alone." She smiled sweetly.

"Wait, noona. We are not fighting okay." Jackson said, looking all innocent. 

"Who says you are?" 

"Alright, fine. She told me to come by myself today. I thought she arrived already, but i guess not." Jackson shrugged his shoulder, feeling a bit annoyed by youngji. Its his birthday today ugh. 

"Okay then. Want anything to eat?" 

"Emmm" Jackson looked at the menu. "Nevermind, just give me an americano," he grinned. 

He looked around again and Youngji was still nowhere to be found. After taking his americano and paid for it, he went to take a seat. He took a sip of americano while taking out his phone from his pocket. 1 text message.

'I'll be there soon, wait for me eah! Mian!' :P

Jackson sighed. Ofcourse she will be late. He decided to play with his phone while waiting for Youngji. Out of the blue, a waiter came to him and knocked his head, auch. "Hey!" Jackson was shocked at the sudden attack. The waiter just smiled and pointed towards the kitchen door, and...

There come Youngji with messy hair, in her apron full of white flour stain, while holding a cake, with candles on it. And ofcourse Jackson can't help himself but smiled at the sight of Youngji. Gone all the earlier thought to nag at her. 

Youngji walked towards him while singing "happy birthday" song. Jackson stood up, excited. All of the customer in the shop sang together, making Jackson smiled even wide. Ofcourse, our Youngji will do this. 

"Happy birthday Jackson! Blow the candle and make a wish. Ppali!!!!" said Youngji as she held the cake higher. "Yah, ppali! Why are you looking at me!" 

Jackson put his index finger on Youngji's lips, "Alright, alright. Dont nag." Jackson blew the candle and crossed his finger to make some wishes. After that, everyone clapped for him, hahaha. 

"Happy birthday!!!!" Youngji said once again, smiling so wide. Jackson stared at her. He took the cake and put in on the table. 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Youngji asked, still smiling. 

"Well," Jackson took a step closer. "Thank you," and he hugged her.

Youngji was shocked at first, but after a few seconds, she managed to smile and hugged him back. And ofcouse, her heart fluttered, how she wish this hug could last longer. 

Jackson broke the hug, and both of them sat down. "Um, so where is my present?" Jackson held out his hand, asking for a gift.

"Isn't this enough? I baked a cake for you, ok, and this is like my first time?" youngji pointed at the cake. "Wont you want to taste it first?" She said while she scooped the cake using a spoon. "Here, taste it!" She held the spoon towards Jackson and fed him.

"Um not bad," 

"Hey! Its tasty ok!" Youngji pouted, and taste it too. 

Jackson just laugh, "ok ok. But seriously, where's my present?"

"Ummm" youngji thought for a while. "Oh! Um since you insisted, i will," she took a sticky note from her pocket. "Do you have a pen? Oh wait," she walked towards the counter and asked noona for a pen. After that, she went back to her seat. 

"Ok, here is your coupon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter