A Valentine's Surprise

Collection Of Bkyungs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was that time of the year again where all the giddy teenage girls stay up all night trying to make chocolates or whatever presents they’re going to give to their crushes/boyfriends and it was also the time were boys were bragging and making a scene about how many they got. Honestly, Kyung couldn’t care less. But for the first time he’s being on the giving end of it and now he knows how freaking nervous girls get when giving chocolate to their crush and trying to be as subtle as possible.

Kyung doesn’t want to come off as too aggressive after all. But; subtle just isn’t his thing.

To make matter worse, his crush aka Lee Minhyuk is in the senior block and has a personal fanclub. The odds aren’t on his side right now.

“Screw this.” Kyung grumble. It was very well near lunch time and they have a free period after it which sync with the senior lunch time. The classroom is bustling with life but all Kyung wants to do is dig a hole and bury himself in it.

“Aw, come on Kyung. Cheer up.” His best friend Woo Jiho or Zico as people would call him, tried to hide – and failing- a snicker because Kyung looks absolutely pathetic whining about this one side crushing thingy.

Kyung sigh and plants his face on his table. He felt exhausted with staying up all night doing that and now he’s battling a mind fight that he’s losing. His friend isn’t making this any easier either with that eating grin on his face that Kyung would love nothing more than to punch it away.

“Jiho, this is impossible,” said the brunet, “Did you see him this morning? He was literally drowned by all those girls.”

“Well, yeah. What do you expect?” Jiho chuckled, “He’s one of the popular guys in our school, duh.”

“You’re not helping me.” Kyung groan in defeat. Some of their classmates where glancing over at the pair but didn’t do anything else. They were probably stirred by the subject of the school most handsomest guys their eyes ever laid on.

Kyung glance a tired eye over his blonde friend when Kyung realized something. “Wait, aren’t you supposed to be showered by all the presents that you usually get every year?”

“Oh, you mean the chocolates?” Jiho ran a hand over his neck, rubbing mindlessly. “I reject them. Couldn’t really bother to take them because I have to give back on White Day. Last year was a scary reminder.”

Jiho shudder at the flash of last year memories. He and Kyung spent a whole day coming up with a plan for white day because from the look he got a day before, those girls aren’t going to leave him unarmed.

Kyung took in Jiho words, a scene replaying in his mind. What if Minhyuk decide to do that to him too.

 

“Sorry, but I got a lot already and they’re a bit of a hassle.”

 

Or worse—

 

“Sorry, but I don’t accept gifts from guys. I’m not into that.”

 

Kyung just want to die.

 

 

It was that free period and Kyung decides to spend this free hour in the library – since a certain woo jiho left him in the dust god knows where the boy went – and is innocently passing the hallway that connects the senior block with the sophomores. It’s a long hallway with aesthetic walls on one side and queue of clear windows on the other that let the light shone through, making the place looks more majestic and not like some sort of scene from a horror movie.

To go to the library, you need to pass through the senior block and turn left to the faculty hallway. The school is huge and is equal to a maze. Kyung had vow to himself that he will never ever go to the school at night. Even if someone offers him a pot of gold, nu uh.

Kyung’s glad the alley is deserted with only the ticklish sunlight to accompany him. He needs some alone time to pace himself through the day.

He was just about halfway through when he saw the source of all his self-destruction. The word couldn’t even rival to what he’s feeling.

“Maybe if I turn around and walk as neutral and quiet as possible, they wouldn’t notice me.”

Kyung mentally prayed for that to work but god hates him and he doesn’t know why because the three senior; Lee Taeil aka the school President, Ahn Jaehyo; the school top handsome guy but is honestly quirky and weird the universe can’t handle him and Lee Minhyuk. Freaking Lee Minhyuk. Kyung is just ready to run for his life.

It’s not like Kyung is any importance in his life; in fact, Kyung is just a tiny speck of dust among his flocks of admires and it’s not like Kyung never talked to the guy before. Kyung’s a guy too after all; he got some gun of confidence in him too.

But that’s just it. Kyung doesn’t think he had made any particular impact on that guy’s life.

“Kyung!” A heavenly voice swam through his ears and it took a while for Kyung to realize that he’s froze to his spot looking at the trio with wide saucer like eyes.

“Kyung? You’re alright?” Minhyuk is coming to his way now with a smile on those gorgeous lips. Damn, Kyung just have the worst of luck.

It took a minute or two for Kyung brain to register a coherent reply.

“Hyung,” Kyung mouth twitch at the end, forcing down his usual grin and instead goes for a polite smile. “Yeah, I’m alright. Just thinking of something.” Wow way to go Kyung. That so smooth Jiho’s practically laughing at you somewhere.

Minhyuk returns his smile with a relief look on his face; his usual bad boy ice prince façade being put away.

“That’s great.” Minhyuk said, “Where were you heading for? I rarely get to see you nowadays since we’re not in the same club anymore.”

That’s partly true. Kyung used to be in the piano club but after suffering a major accident with his fingers, he had to withdraw after the doctor told him he couldn’t play the piano anymore or he’ll risk having severe damage. Kyung couldn’t remember how long it took for him to stop crying and come to school again.

Since then, Kyung opt for a more domestic club activity that involves less movement being done and more, brain power instead. Which fate leads him to being in the same club with the school president. He never knew the glass eyed senior had a thing for environmental studies or perhaps, marine life.

“It’s a free period and I’m planning on heading to the library to do some extra grinding for the upcoming exam.” Kyung said, keeping his gaze low to the ground instead. He never realized how cool Minhyuk’s shoes is.

“Oh, um, well-“ Minhyuk seems to be struggling for a reply which Kyung has no idea why so he brings his gaze up to look at the older boy and merlin- why does he look so good. Kyung doesn’t want to give his feeling away but his face is flushing from their eye contact and Kyung just want to go back to class and weep about his pitiful life.

“How about you, hyung?” Kyung ask, keeping his voice cool. “Where were you heading?”

“We were just on our way to the café.” Jaehyo decides to interfere; a suspicious orange coloured box wrap with blue ribbon is in his arms.

Kyung want to smack himself in the face. Of course, its lunch hour for the seniors after all.

“Well, do you want to go or not, Hyuk?” Taeil asked, his short height doesn’t seem to be intimidated by his two friends.

Minhyuk shot a glance over his friends and to Kyung –which is still fascinated by the older’s shoes- and decided not to go.

“I could use some extra grinding myself, if you don’t mind me tagging along to the library.” Minhyuk shift on his foot and it dawns to him that Minhyuk is talking about going to the library with him.

“S-Sure.” Kyung silently cursed the stutter. “It would be nice to have a company.” Oh wow Kyung, you need to stop saying all these cheesy stuff.

Minhyuk grins at him; dimple clear to the view and Kyung felt like puddy and mush inside, his skin tingling with a new kind of heat.

He parts with his two friends, bidding them a see you later and the two returns with suspicious smile and snickers.

 

 

The walk to the library was – thankfully- short and uneventful because Kyung couldn’t handle the awkward silence and the presence of Minhyuk so close beside him was enough to drives up the wall.

They find a good empty seat far away from people, not wanting to risk getting ambushed by Minhyuk’s fanclub and at the same time, testing Kyung’s last ounce of sanity.

“So, how was your day?” Kyung attempts to start a conversation, scribbling some mathematic equation on his workbook while stealing short glance at Minhyuk sitting beside him.

Getting so close to your crush is something Kyung could never imagine he could pull off.

Minhyuk chews on the lid of his pen; either thinking about the work he’s doing or the question Kyung just asked.

“Hectic.” Minhyuk concludes. “Those girls were scary. I thought I wouldn’t make it back alive.”

Well I don’t think I’ll make it out alive either. Kyung thinks because his heart is beating fast and from the quietness of the library, he wonders if Minhyuk could hear it too.

“Being one of the top three most good-looking guys is tough, huh.” Kyung said with a friendly smile. “Did you get a lot today?”

“I got too much that I can’t carry them all and ended up having my assistant from home pick it up earlier.” Minhyuk said with a sigh.

Kyung pause in his work, fiddling his pencil between his fingers. The thought about the chocolate he made for the other still haven’t left his mind.

“But, you know,” Minhyuk stretch out his arms on the table, leaning back onto his chair. “Despite all the attention I’m getting, I rather be with the people I’m familiar with. Because I know that I meant something more to them than good looks and overflowing fortune.”

Kyung thinks back to how he gotten this crush for the older. He didn’t think it was the looks or the fortune that got him hook over the other.

 

:: Flashback ::

 

“Your piece was wonderful, Kyung. The judges loved them.” Their music teacher and club adviser, Mrs Lucia, said to Kyung. “If you keep it up, you might even be qualified to enter the nationals!”

 

Going to the nationals was Kyung dream. Imagine how proud his parents would be if he could bring back the trophy. At least now, he would have something to be of used to the family.

 

“As expected from you, Kyung.” A familiar voice sounded from behind once the club is over and everyone is dismissed. Minhyuk leaned over his shoulder to where Kyung was sitting at the neatly polished grand piano.

 

“Hyung.” Kyung smile at his senior, the compliment giving his cheek a light flush. “N-Not at all, hyung. I just did my best for it.”

 

“But your piece was truly amazing, Kyung! Everyone loved it, even my father was impressed.” Kyung ducked his head over the keyboard, couldn’t contain the blushed he had.

Everybody knew that Lee Seunghyun, father of Lee Minhyuk was a critically acclaimed musician and conductor. He was a man that isn’t easy to please.

 

“You wouldn’t mind if I sit beside you?” Minhyuk asked, a soft smile visible on the plush pink lips.

 

Kyung shook his head and scoot a little to the edge, making room for Minhyuk to sit. “I’m going home a bit late today so I don’t mind.”

 

When Minhyuk sat down beside him, their hips were pressed together to make up for the restricted space. He could feel Minhyuk body heat mingling with his own through their school trousers.

 

“Do you want to play that piece you wrote?” Minhyuk glance over, shoulder brushing as he graze his fingers over the keyboard.

 

“Sure; but, did you remember how it goes?” Kyung looked over to the other, curiousness in his eyes.

 

“A bit, but I think you wouldn’t mind lending me the ropes, right?” Minhyuk smile, there weren’t much distance between them and Minhyuk is somehow very comforting sitting beside him.

 

Oddly enough, Minhyuk remembers every single note of the song. They play in harmony, fingers striking the keys with great precision and timing. The sun was setting, painting the room in a rich velvety orange colour. Kyung couldn’t pull himself away from this tantalizing scene, with the sound of the piano swirling through the air.

 

They finish off the song nicely, but ended up screwing with the last note when both boys dived for the same key, ending up with their fingers tangled with ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter