Final

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Merry Christmas

A soft feather touch from a delicate and small fingers made me stir from my sleep. I watched over my feet. Rachel is struggling to reach our bed so she can climb, using my feet as a leverage to pull herself up and I think it’s very cute. She is gritting her teeth trying so hard to climb the bed and just about a little time before she starts crying. I pulled myself up and helped her.

“Hi baby, good morning.” I said, pulling her on my lap and she hugged me right away. 

“I was trying to wake you up.” She's turning 6 tomorrow, December 25. 

“I can see that.” I said, showering her with morning kisses while she giggles. I love her so much. 

“Merry Christmas daddy!” she said, burying her small frame on my chest.

“Merry Christmas baby.” I said, continue showering her with kisses.

“Where’s Jihoon?” I asked my little girl. 

“Here” Jihoon said, pushing the slightly ajar door. 

“Where's papa?” I asked, looking at my oldest son. 

“Last time I checked. He's trying to burn the house.” I laughed. Jihoon, my 12 years old son actually meant that Jinwoo is cooking something and Jinwoo never cook, never. 
-
The three of us went to kitchen and checked if Jinwoo is trying to burn the whole house. Before we even reach the kitchen I saw smoke, so Jinwoo is really burning the house. I panicked, I put Rachel down and handed her to Jihoon.

“Go outside.” I said, pushing them outside the door. I pulled the fire extinguisher from the side of door and run to the kitchen. What awaits me is a disaster, it's not a smoke from burning stoves. It comes from the flour that is currently all over Jinwoo and on the floor. 

“What on earth are you doing?” I asked, carefully working my way to Jinwoo even over the pile of flour on the floor. 

“I'm baking, genius. Where are my kids?” Jinwoo said, glaring at me. 

“Outside.” I said.

“Why?” Jinwoo asked.

“Because Jihoon said you are trying to burn the house and it looks like it from outside the kitchen. I was so ready to be your knight and shining armor and save you from anything.” I said, trying not to laugh because what Jinwoo is trying to do is not going to work and we both know that. We're going to end up on me cooking, at this point.

“Aren't you a little smart? Your son and your daughter is outside and maybe freezing” Jinwoo said, pushing me and head to the door. I heard a shriek from outside and its Rachel while Jihoon is laughing so hard.

“Papa you look like a ghost.” Rachel said. 

“So that was you, papa? The smoke?” Jihoon said, trying not to laugh harder than what he's already doing. 

“Funny. Funny. Stop your son.” Jinwoo said, pointing at Jihoon when he turned to me while he picked Rachel up who's trying to get away from him. 

“Of course, I'm your dad when you're doing something not nice,” I said, laughing along with him.

“And I'm his son, if I'm great son.” Jihoon said, extending his hand for a high-five. 
-
Jihoon and I are currently slump down on the couch watching HBO’s Christmas special marathon with a popcorn on our hand. 

“Daddy, daddy look!” Rachel appeared in front of us while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter