Final

Library Date

Odd.

That was all I could think of the very first day I saw him walked into the cafeteria. He looked almost as ordinary as other students except for the fact that he had a light purple hair and quite short. Then again, many of the students here are of the same height as him. But he was smaller. I feel this odd attaction towards him as my attention was pretty much shifted towards him the moment he stepped into this hall and I found myselft stealing glances at his direction.

The light colour of his hair would be one reason, no doubt. The thing is, the hair only took less than 20% of my attention. There was clearly something else that had drawn myself to him, something much more.. I can't explain it. I hadn't been able to erase his face from my head since the last two months, it was quite irritating initially but now I had somehow gotten used to him invading my mind every now and then.

In all those times he had passed by me, I was more than curious to get to know him but my first encounter with him didn't end pretty well and it must have given him the impression of me being an idiot. In the end, I stopped trying to reach out to him for weeks but not until he came up to me giving me a box of Pepero as a way of thanking me for the little help I offered before.

At the time, I was really grateful he had come up to me to talk but I messed it up because my idiotic self failed to remember his name and instead, I thanked him and confidently pronounced his name wrong. 

"It's Byunghun, not Byunheong." he chuckled. I was deeply embarrassed back then but he brushed it off and continued to chat with me. 

That last encounter with him probably was the most embarrasing one of all but still the best nonetheless. Without me noticing, a small smile had formed on my lips.

"Dude, you ok?"

I was suddenly shaken out of my thoughts. Shaking my head lightly, trying to forget about him for a moment and focus on the present time instead, I looked up only to find two of my friends sitting across me staring at the food on my plate which wasn't even half eaten. This could only mean one thing.

"Yeah, just thinking. And no, dont even think of it. I don't like sharing my food."

As soon as those words reached their ears, all I received was a pout. They didnt say anything more. Instead, they looked at me with puppy eyes witth their bottom lips jutting out. God, bear with it Chanhee. They're just juniors hunting for more food. I smirked. I spooned the food and teasingly ate it in front of them, not forgetting to moan in satisfaction over the surprisingly delicious taste. But their eyes only get more desperate everytime I lifted the spoon infront of my mouth.

Right. Juniors.

"Fine!" 

There goes my food. Stored in someone else's stomach.

It was soon before the ring of the bell stopped that I saw him at his locker, taking some books with him. It really had been over a month since I actually get to have a small conversation with him. I couldn't help it but felt unfortunate we were hardly ever place in the same class. It honestly didn't help that I missed him a lot more than I think I did.

At this rate, I feel as if I was acting in some sort of a romance drama, with me as the protagonist  trying to get my crush's attention, because I hadn't realized I was staring at him the whole time until he turned his head towards me. I found mesmerizing eyes staring right back at me.

I smiled sheepishly for getting caught, my hands automatically finding its way to the back of my head and scratching it awkwardly. He only stood there sending me one of his warm smiles. He looked really beautiful.

Slowly, I took a few steps forward. He seemed to know I was approaching him because his whole body was turned to me now, waiting for me to talk to him and dark eyes never leaving me. I knew right away this was the moment. The moment I would find out that something which attracted me to him.

One more step and I was infront of him. I greeted him immediately and somehow, when he said something back, I was drawn to him. I found myself loving his voice so much it hurt. It was soothingly wonderful as it only reminded me of how much I missed listening to it. 

"Do you mind skipping last period?" The goes my frank question. Dumbest of all at that. Stupid little mouth. 

I saw him tilting his head to the side slightly. So cute. One moment, I found him looking beautiful. How can he look adorable all too sudden? If he keeps doing this, I wouldn't know what would soon happen to my already weakening heart. 

"Are you asking me out, perhaps?" 

He is smart. 

Is he going to say no? The words might have left his mouth confidently, but as I looked down at his face, I noticed a small blush creeping up his cheeks. That alone had already made my stomach filled with butterflies but he just had to bite his bottom lips making it looked glistening once he let go. At that moment I believe I had fainted two times. Mentally.

"You can put it that way, yes." 

Yes, I am the most embarrasing guy ever alive. But he smiled. Which is a good sign I hoped.

 

 

For once, I never regretted having my mouth blurted out something I should have given thought of beforehand. I now found myself walking side by side next to the person who was always full of surprises. I didn't think I could ever predict what he would do or say. And the best thing was, honestly, when the back of my hand brushed against him. Occassionally. At those times, I could feel electricity jolted through my body at the sudden touches.

"Lee Byunghun." he said out of the blue.

I was confused but soon realized what he meant by that. Even after our few short encounters, I had never really got his name right. But I had asked him the last time we met, hadn't I? Or was it him who reminded me? He must have thought I would get it wrong again and if I did, I would surely ruin this date.

I looked at him, eyebrows slightly furrowed. I was about to talk but he interrupted me.

"In case you forgot, or more likely confused."

"Ah, please dont remind me of that." I laughed, feeling like a fool.

"I was disappointed you don't remember exactly so let me remind you again, its Lee Byunghun."

In the blink of an eye, he was standing in front of me, causing me to halt. The hallway was almost empty, there were only a few students around but all I could focus on was the one infront of me, standing dangerously close. His bangs covered one of his eyes and only then that I noticed he had dyed his hair orange and styled it in a way that made it look fluffy and soft. He whispered his name once again, barely audible this time but loud enough to reach my ears.

"It's not my fault that your name is such a mouthful." Ah. . I hadn't mean to say that. It was merely an inner thought I intended to keep to myself.

How on earth would I have a peace life if I kept blurting out my thoughts? I quickly apologized to him once I saw the pout he made. But he dismissed it coolly, telling me he got that a lot. How could someone change a lot in a matter of few seconds? I almost couldn't believe he was cool about it.

Before he turned to walk again, I caught his shoulder. 

"You remember my name, right?"

"Ani, what is it again, choonhee?"

That was all I heard before he stormed off somewhere. And the thought of him being cool about it vanished into thin air. His answer was surely for the purpose of wanting to get back at me. I doubted he forgot. I stood on the same spot, pleased with myself after having the thought of Byunghun running back to me seeming lost. I lost sight of him but he would come back. After all, I haven't yet told him where we were heading to.

I stood there patiently, occasionally tapping my foot on the ground. I could see someone walking with an open book covering his face from afar. Smirking to myself I ran to him after making sure it really was Byunghun and put the book away. 

"Why the red face?" I grinned eventhough I should be hurting when he kicked my shin. He looked really embarrassed.

"Where are we going exactly?"

I smiled before grabbing his hand and dragging him somewhere.

 

 

As we stepped on the cold tiles, I noticed there were quite a few students in the library. Majority of them spend the time napping instead of reading and doing assigned work. I searched for an empty table around the corner, but most of them were occupied. I walked further, desperately looking for deserted table.

Byunghun suddenly tugged at my hand and dragged me to our left. There. A vacant table. It wasn't really at the very far back of the corner as what I had previously wanted it to be. But at least this table is actually quite secluded, which means we can do anything without having wandering eyes focused on us.

Perfect.

I can freely kiss him whenever I want to.

Wait, what?

"You're pretty good at this." I complimented him for choosing the right place, automatically letting go of his hand as I tapped his left cheek with two fingers softly.

He sent me that killer smile of his. "It's my usual place actually so.. yeah."

I looked around us to make sure no one was somewhere sitting really close to our table before taking a seat. Byunghun went to sit across me so we were facing each other. I took off my bag and rummaged for a book I have always wanted to give him but sighing when it was nowhere to be found. I must have left it in the locker. 

I took out my phone from my pocket and secretly took a picture of him looking for something in his bag. 

"Byunghun? You know we're on a date, right?"

"Of course."

But that still didn't answer my question as to why he took out his notebook and a pen. He isn't going to start studying now is he? As though sensing my puzzled expression, he spoke up.

"Ani, I just wanted to write down something about you." I could barely heard the last few words. "I wanted to know more about you, Chanhee."

Did I say he was always full of surprises? Now would be an example. 

"Haven't you stalked me enough?" I chuckled. That was meant for a joke but I noticed his cheeks were tinted red.

Shaking his head lightly, he enquired, "Tell me what you like."

He stared at me. Again, that stare. I was almost lost in his eyes if it weren't for my phone vibrating in my hands. I leaned forward slightly as my eyes scanned his face which was perfectly shaped, noting his sharp jawline and fair skin. I hadn't realized I counted almost the moles he had on his face until I noticed the ones underneath his left eye. I pointed at it.

"Me?"

"Those marks under your left eye," I whispered. "Beautiful."

"Ah."

He blushed, eyes downcast on the open page of his book but his hands never moved to write something on the blank page.

"And you." I winked once he looked up at me.

He capped his pen and buried his face in his arms and all I could see was a ball of fluffy light purple hair. I suddenly had this urge to touch his hair, badly wanting to feel it on my palm. They looked really soft. I figured he was just really embarrassed but he hadn't moved since the last five minutes.

So I touched his arm. He didn't budged. 

"Hey.. are you ok?" I said softly. I was beginning to get worried.

He shook his head.

"Does your head hurt or something?"

Another shake.

"What is it then?"

He mumbled something but not loud enough for me to catch it. Hurriedly, I stood up and went to sit right next to him. I tried poking him in the ribs but he didn't flinch. Sighing, I had no other choice but to remove his arms from his face slowly and get him to face me.

There it is. His beautiful face. There were no trace of tears visible on his cheeks. They looked fine and smooth except for the fact that his face was crimson red. I bit my lips, trying hard not to laugh, which, unfortunately didn't go unnoticed.

"Do I look funny to you?" he pouted. "You're not serious about that, are you?"

"I really do like you, Byunghun." I said sincerely, taking his hands in mine. "You intrigued me. Initially I thought it was just out of curiosity, but the more I look at you, the more I feel the need to kiss you."

He let go of my hand and punched me on the chest softly. "You can't say things like that!" 

I chuckled. It seemed to me his cheeks had gotten redder now. I could feel the familiar butterflies in my stomach. Why did he have such an effect on me?

"Why not? I don't regret saying that. Look at you now, all red." 

Teasing him was really fun but he didn't back out easily as he landed more punches on me everytime an opportunity came. By now, his cheeks had drained of the colour and seemed to be back to normal. Instinctively my right hand went to caress his delicate cheeks and as he smiled, I softly let the pad of my thumb brushed against his cheekbones. I could feel the tight knots in my stomach as he leaned into my touch.

However, the next thing he said startled me.

"Why do you like me?"

Do I have an answer to that? Of couse I do, don't I? But the more I think about it, the more I question myself about it. What is it about Lee Byunghun that attracted me so much more than anyone else could? It had never occured to me he would ask me something as close to that. But who are we kidding, this is Lee Byunghun we were talking about. He was just as frank as me.

"You are you, Byunghun. I'm not really sure myself but I get excited everytime I see you." it was really true. I like him the way he is. "And I like being around you."

He let out a broad smile before kissing my cheek. He just kissed me. I felt the heat rushed up to my cheeks and he teased me about it. I had prayed he wouldn't noticed but he was centimeters away from me. That was really an unexpected kiss.

"I like your eyes, Chanhee."

"Is that why you keep staring at me?" 

He chuckled. "I guess.. but it's kind of become a habit you know. It always embarrass me whenever people caught me staring at them."

"Am I worth your stare?" I brushed his fringe away lightly. "You're really beautiful Byunghun-ah."

"WIll you ever stop making me blush every now and then?" he muttered, hitting my shoulder lightly before pouting.

I moved closer next to him, too close, I found myself nuzzling my nose into his cheek and closing my eyes as I  whispered softly, "Don't do that to me, I can't handle you being a beautiful lad and being cute in all too sudden."

I could feel his fingers ran through my hair as I rested my head on his right shoulder. His sweet scent filling in my nose everytime I inhaled deeply. We sat there. Silence. It was at this very moment that I treasured every seconds that passed by. I was slowly drifting off to sleep had it not been for Byunghun's question ringing through my ears.

"What are we, Chanhee?"

 

 

"When can we spend times like this again?" he fiddled with my fingers.

We were out of the library, about to part ways. It was already late. The sky had turned a shade of orange and yellow. As I looked around, there were only a few students left on the school hallway, hurriedly finding their way to the entrace, the parking lot or whichever way they were going.

Eventhough our fingers were linked, I still wasn't sure about what will become of us. He still hasn't mentioned anything about his feelings but I assumed he liked me as well considering the way he acted around me on our date, especially at that very moment when I told him this was, obviously, a library date. 

"Anytime you want?" and he grinned.

He waved me goodbye before turning his back towards me and went to his way home. I watched him for a few seconds before walking my own way. Today had been wonderful, it would be one of those moments I would always want to remember. Not more than two minutes, I stopped dead in my track. I had forgotten something massively important.

His number.

I called back to him but he was already far from hearing distance. I had no other choice but to run up to him once I saw him turn a corner. I hope I wouldn't lose him between the crowd of passersby as my leg kept running. He looked at me quizzically once I caught up to him, panting. 

"Can I borrow your phone?" 

Still giving me that look, he handed it to me nevertheless. As I was about to unlock it, I could see his locksceen wallpaper. Nice. It was a picture of the both of us we took earlier. He had his eyes closed while doing a pose and me looking at him smiling. It was quite lovely.

But to unlock his phone, a code was needed. Possibly four digits. I handed him back his phone, motioning for him to pressed down the digits so I could have access to his phone. 

He hesitated, looking seemingly embarrassed for some reasons. Scratching the back of his head he said, "Your birthday. Four digits." 

It took less than two seconds before I got it. 

Oh. 0510.

Does this mean he like me as well? 

As soon as I unlocked it, I started to type in my number to make a call. But stopped at the last few digits. Because I saw a name popped out with my number attached to it. My number. And he set the contact ID as something I had never expected, sending my heart skipped a beat.

Crush 

How he managed to get or where he got my number, that still remains as mystery. I would have to ask him later on.

As I looked at him, he had his eyes downcast. Why does he have to be so shy around me, it's too cute. I slowly reached for his cheeks, caressing it and lightly brushing my thumb over his bottom lips. I stepped closer. And closer. Bending down slightly, I could feel his breath against my lips. 

"It turns out we have mutual feelings after all." I whispered before placing my lips against his. So soft. I kissed him. 

 

I think I have found that something.

 

-

 

Finished! Yeay o/ 

If there is something you're confused about in this story, feel free to ask. (Although I still doubt there is) I hope you enjoyed it! I'm not really used to writing in first person but I hope I'm doing good enough. Well.. I guess that's all? ^^ Till we meet next time! Don't forget to leave comment below, it'll help me in some ways.

This fiction is a work of mine. Please do not plagiarize. If you found any similarities regarding its contents, consider it a coincidence.