Chapter 1

Truth be told, i never was yours

Your pen almost fell off the desk when your phone started vibrating with no reason. You stared at it for a second then put your coffee mug down and your phone close to your ear "Hello?" You asked silently. 

"Hey, it's Ilhoon. How are you?" Ilhoon asked awkwardly through the phone. You froze as you heard his voice. You hadn't seen him for one whole week. However, you shouldn't care about it that much as you weren't dating or anything. He just happened to be one of the new people who were added on your friendship list this school year. And that was only because he was your best friend's cousin. You didn't have many friends though, you were hanging out with nine people at the same time. It was like a group of close friends. But you could definitely tell that Sohee was your best friend. Yes, Ilhoon's cousin.

Ilhoon came as a new student this year and he started hanging out with you and your group of friends because he didn't know many people from your school. But because of his looks and his popularity as 'the new one' he became really famous and he found new friends. As a result of not hanging with you that much anymore. Sohee would tease you as she believed you liked her cousin, but you would always deny it even though you didn't know the answer yourself.

"I-i'm okay...i didn't really expect you to call." You said honestly and drunk some of your coffee waiting for what he'd say next.

"I'm okay too, thanks for asking." Ilhoon teased you sarcastically and you rolled your eyes. "Hm. I was wondering if you're busy tonight?"  He said in a serious tone and you raised your eyebrow curious. You decided not to sound to willing. "I'm actually studying but why are you asking?" You asked.

"What? You're studying? But it's Christmas Eve!" Ilhoon said shocked. 

"Well yeah. I'm bored." You admitted and yawned. "I'm going to take a nap. I'm really tired." You lied and yawned again.

Ilhoon sighed through the phone. "Aren't you coming with us? We're going at the cinema!" Ilhoon said loudly almost yelling.

"Nah, don't worry about it, maybe some other time." You said sadly and sat on your bed. After some seconds you realised you didn't want to stay alone. You felt miserable staying alone during Christmas Eve. "W-will Sohee be there?" You asked innocently and hoped she would. 

"Yeah she will. Are you coming or what?" Ilhoon asked annoyed of you feeling insecure without Sohee being there. You thought about it for a while and even though you were really sleepy, you eventually decided to go. "Fine, i'm coming." 

"Good. We're coming to pick you up at 7. Be ready." Ilhoon said and then you good byed each other. You ended the call and lied on the bed. It was 5PM and your eyes were too heavy. The next thing you remember is sleeping.

*

You suddenly woke up because of the annoying noise of the door bell. You stood up and moved to the door with heavy steps while your eyes could barely see due to the lack of light. You opened the door and saw a really shocked Ilhoon looking at you. "Hello..." You said innocently when you realised your mistake. 

"What the hell are you doing? I told you to be ready!" Ilhoon said unimpressed and invited himself in the house. You closed the door behind you and followed him as he sat on the couch. "Mianhae...i felt asleep." You apologised with an aegyo tone. "Wait for me, i won't be late. Please make yourself at home." You said as you run to your bedroom to find an outfit to wear.

"It's really cold outside so wear something warm." You heard Ilhoon say loudly. "Kay, Komawo." You replied from the bedroom and found some black tight jeans and a warm white sweater. You put them on and put some mascara and lipgloss on. "Where are the others by the way?" You asked when you went to the living room to put your scarf and jacket on. "Oh...about them...they're not coming." Ilhoon said and stood up. "It's just the two of us."

"Why...?" You asked. Ilhoon moved to the front door and you followed him after you took your purse. You closed the door and started locking it.

"Because they're not invited." Ilhoon said and started walking. "But you said Sohee would come." You asked and frowned.

"Well as i said, no one else is invited." Ilhoon admitted and kept walking beside you.

You stayed silent for a while then you hit him lightly on his arm. "You lied to me!" You said angrily.

"Yah! I didn't lie to you!"

"You did!"

"Well would you come if i said that Sohee wasn't coming either?"

"Of course not!"

"Then how was i supposed to invite you to our date?"

Date? It's not a date is it? You looked away and stayed silent.

"I really like you. But you never pay attention to me. Sometimes i feel like you're in love with Sohee or something because you're spending too much time together. I didn't know how to make you notice me because you're avoiding me lately." Ilhoon admitted and stopped walking.

"Oh now i'm the one who's been avoiding you? You're the one who left us and found those new friends of yours." You said and frowned.

"Oh yeah, i'm sorry i stopped bothering you and your little group of friends. What? Were you jealous." Ilhoon said annoyed and frowned as well.

"Yes i was. I was jealous. Because i like you too and seeing random girls flirting with you all day long was really annoying." You said loudly and frowned even more. Ilhoon stayed silent and looked down sadly. "Just...nevermind, i'm going home." 

Ilhoon clicked his tongue annoyed and grabbed your wrist. You looked at him confused but he suddenly started dragging you back home. "What are you doing?" You asked scared and tried to set yourself free but he was way stronger than you so you ended up following him without your permission. Ilhoon searched for your key in your purse while holding your wrist and unlocked the door. He dragged you in and closed the door behind you. "Why are you doing this?" You asked once again and tried to let go. 

Ilhoon didn't say anything. He took off his shoes and jacket while you were standing in front of the door scared of what he'd do next. He looked angry and it was the first time you'd seen him like this, well you hoped it would be the last one too. "What are you doing?" He suddenly looked at you. Your eyes widened at your fear and you gazed around awkwardly. "Well, i obviously didn't want to make a scene!" Ilhoon said and frowned confused.

"Ah...um...are you hungry?" You asked and tried to change the subject. "Sort of." He said and smiled. Ilhoon looked like nothing had happened minutes ago. He dragged you all the way back home and scared the crap out of you and now, he was like he was spending time with his little sister. "Do you want me to cook or order food?" You asked while you were still standing in front of the door.

"Just order something." Ilhoon said and approached you. "Um...are you going to stay there?" He asked and raised an eyebrow. You nodded awkwardly and looked around. When all of a sudden he wrapped his arm around your neck and pulled you as a result of hitting his chest. "You're so cute." Ilhoon said and started laughing. This side of him was really creepy to you so you pushed him and looked at him confused. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're really creepy...stop it."

"Haha...you're so cute."

"I said stop it."

"I love you...you know?"

"I-i love you too..."

 

Want a sequel? Comment below.