Chapter 5

Things Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber knew the drill with our heartbroken goldfish. With Amber’s insomnia, unannounced-late-night drop ins were of no large disturbance. She opened the door, greeting me with a raised eyebrow as she surveyed Amy’s current state. Amber and I moved almost robotically, going through the motions of putting Amy to bed.

Without a word I carried her to the spare room. Our llama appeared with a glass of water that I gingerly helped Amy take minuscule sips from. After she drank a decent amount of water I laid her down gently cradling her head. I took off her excessively high heels and a jacket that looked like it couldn’t even keep you warm on a summer night.

I tucked her into the comfort of the down blanket. Even while sleeping she was somehow still effortlessly beautiful. Her disheveled locks drew my attention to her face where was slightly open. Cute. I wanted to reach out and delicately tuck the loose strands away.

“Aiden… you gotta stop doing this man. You’re only hurting yourself,” Am said from the doorway, interrupting my reflections. Without taking my eyes away from Amy, I gave her my typical response.

“Amber, I really wish I could… but she’s my best friend. What am I supposed to do?” I sighed. Am knew to leave me be. As much as I tried not to be, Amber knew I was caught up in overwhelming feelings. She knew this time in the early morning was when my thoughts where the loudest.

You occupy my thoughts. 
Thoughts of your hand in mine.
Mine, is that something you will be?
Be my girl and I’ll treat you right.
Right now I want to hold you.
You are so beautiful I’m at a loss for words.
Words unspoken will probably kill me.
Me and you isn’t what I want, let it be us.
Us, yeah I like the sound of that.
That is if you let me be the one.
One thing’s for certain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter