Chapter 1

Things Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever been in love? You know the young, silly kind of love that makes you feel fuzzy inside? Well I think I’m in love… but you know what they say; I’m too young to know a thing about love. I mean I’m just a kid, what do I know? The only real knowledge I have of love is my parents loving me and my siblings’ supposed love for me. Well, The way I see it… love makes you do crazy things a perfectly levelheaded person wouldn’t dare think to do. To the point that the things you’re doing are change you, but you don’t even care anymore, because you’re in love! You can’t stop it, and all you can do is let the forces of love take over and hope your heart doesn’t get crushed to pieces.

Whether or not this is love, one thing is certain, I feel something. It's a foreign feeling I've never felt before and I don't know if it's a good or bad feeling. 

You must be wondering who the girl who has captivated my attention is. Her name is Amy Lee, and we've been best friends since grade school. We were inseparable, if she was there so was I. We were undeniably a package deal. Ever since we hit that awkward hormone raging stage of middle school, I started seeing Amy in a whole new light. It was kind of scary at first. Then I came to terms that maybe I had a little crush on best friend, no big deal, right? 

Being the naive person I am, I thought things would get better... But it got worse once we started high school. For one thing, if you think boys are bundles of raging hormones in middle school, you should see us in high school! I mean it wasn't terribly awful, it's just I was totally lost, confused and (cough cough) ... She was always on my mind, even when I tried everything in my power to focus on something else. 

Though I never showed it, but I became hypersensitive to her presence. My heart would automatically start racing if she was within ten feet of me. Being best friends, close contact and skinship with her was inevitable. When we hugged I could feel my heart pounding dangerously fast. When she casually held my hand like she always did, I could feel the electricity racing up my arm from our interlaced finger tips. I even got nervous when we text messaged each other. She was dictating every aspect of my life without even knowing it.

Freshman year went by painfully slow for me. It wasn't until the summer of freshman year that I was able to feel comfortable around Amy again. Much to my relief, I managed to suppress my feelings to some extent. 

Sadly, I never mustered up the courage to confess by feelings. Even after we graduated, my feelings were still concealed. Despite my many attempts, I was never able to say a word of it to her. The time of our last summer together passed by so rapidly that I wasn't even able to say a few words of goodbye. Before I knew it, Amy was long gone to Pace University. We were apart from each other for the first time in over ten years. I don't know what broke me more, being apart from her or my feelings left unsaid.

We kept in contact with each other for the first few months of college. As usual, she was doing well and flourishing as the social butterfly she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter