The Star~

Legend Of The Stars~!

He did not regret what he did. He loved Baekhyun, and he could never bring himself to hurt a human, not unless he suddenly transformed into a soulless bastard overnight that is. Chanyeol was born a vampire, a pureblood, but he’d been observing the humans ever since he knew how to see, touch and hear. Years of adoration for those defenceless beings taught him compassion. Though it made others of his kind think he was nothing but a sissy. He hadn’t been able to even command respect from the others even though he was rightfully their coven’s heir. But that changed one fateful day, when he met Baekhyun by chance. Baekhyun was different, Baekhyun was candid and he never cared to disguise his thoughts and emotions in front of Chanyeol, regardless of whether it hurt the man or otherwise. Maybe that’s what lured him to Baekhyun in the first place, maybe he read too much into Baekhyun’s adorable reactions as accepting him.

Chanyeol smiled to himself, memories playing like a reserved playlist in his head, whatever the reason might be, he hoped Baekhyun would live a happy life, with his adorable little human mate, Kyungsoo. He glanced up, gasping as he saw the stars; it was dazzling, the star shone brighter than the rest, drawing his attention to it like a magnet. The light from it was so bright it was reflected in the pools of his jet black orbs. And it was so, so beautifully exquisite, until a voice disrupted everything.

 

Too long, too long, how long till I’m there, your hand that I can’t reach.

At midnight you wait for me, and I hear the sound of your voice.

 Too long, too long, how long do I have to wait, closing my eyes to dreams of you?

In the light of the galaxy..

 

It was sung in Chinese (?), Chanyeol noted, but he also knew that the song was –irrefutably- his. His head snapped towards the clearing where the path towards his refuge lay, he was sure he’d heard some rustling there. His irises gleamed brilliant red, readying him for any brand of confrontation. The competition to own and command covens was increasingly high amongst the vampires nowadays since being the head of a coven grants you special benefits, and Chanyeol was a special case since he was pureblood, he could kill an entire subdivision of vampires –armed or not providing little meaning in the equation- with relative ease. Thus the undertakings to kill him. “You can quit hiding, and I know you’re there.” He walked towards the shrubbery that surrounded the area and was stopped as a huge, almost ominous figure rose from underneath the bushes.

His eyes narrowed as the aura surrounding the form seemed to confound him; wisps of blue (amusement?!) enveloped him, mingling with a little green (mischief..) and yellow (irritation? Excuse me? He was the one who’s supposed to be irritated!) here and there. Markings of his coven was clearly visible on his neck, Chanyeol recognised it as one the biggest coven in China, the Wu’s. ‘But what is this person doing here? Didn’t they also have a pureblood heir?’ His eyes trailed the complex insignia down, somehow his assailant seemed familiar, ‘Now, now, where have I seen you before?’ 

A low chuckle had him on high alert once again before a well-known bass voice resounded in the deserted glade, “Oh relax Chanyeol, it’s just plain old me..” The previously mysterious invader now faced him to reveal wide forehead, a pair of hooded but astute crimson shaded eyes, and a sharp nose that led down to a luscious pair of lips.

Kris Wu. Heir of the Wu coven in China.

Code name Galaxy, or so he’d heard from his juniors when they’d been laughing how illogical it sounded. He’d laughed along with them at that time, but not for the same reason as theirs. Rather, he laughed at their paltry source of entertainment.

 He knew who Kris Wu was exactly, knew the exact reason behind that name. And for the same magnitude that notorious label suggested, Chanyeol knew the leader wasn’t here on an idle vacation. There was more to it. Even if his casual attire suggested something else.

And again Chanyeol found himself wondering what could’ve brought the ever-busy Galaxy down here, to his sanctuary.

“You’re everything but plain, and although I am curious to know why you’re here, I’m also more interested in the reason behind your plagiarism of my song. Spill it, Wu.” Chanyeol crossed his arms, foot tapping in a steady pace, faintly annoyed to discover that Kris had grown a few more centimetres than him in the past few years they’d not met.

“Gods, Park, why are you so uptight? You need to get laid, seriously.” ‘And by no else but me. You’re not getting away this time, Chanyeol-ah..’ Kris smiled at that notion. He was so getting his hands on a certain dorky, sweet but block-headed giant this time.

The giant’s face was ablaze, “Shut it. You’re not one to say, Wu. And tell me how did you get your hands on my song?” It irked him greatly that the giant had not only stolen his song, but also had taken liberties to translate it into another language, without his authorization. He cursed their high-definition vision, the blush on his face was too stubborn and only seemed to intensify as he forced himself to relax.

“Oh, that? I believe you showed it to me once, claiming that you were going to sing to your beloved Baekhyun, but it seems something else happened. C’mon Park, I thought you were better than that, you can’t even woo a commoner properly?” His vision swam in red, but Chanyeol struggled to control himself, he would not allow the damned Wu to get under his skin within the first 5 minutes of their conversation.

“What happened between Baekhyun and I, is purely our business, it has nothing to do with you, Wu.” He bit out, each word revealing his patience wearing thin. Kris’ allowed his irises to completely submerge in cerise, “Oh but it has, Park, it absolutely has. Anything to do with you, has everything to do with me as well.” Chanyeol’s back hit the tree trunk with a muted thud. Kris had him cornered, both arms against either side of his head. 

“The , Wu, what the hell is your problem?” Kris breathed in deeply, taking in the essence of the man that lay trapped between his arms. “You, Chanyeol. You are my ing problem.”

Before the dork had any chance to spout any crap, Kris stole his words with a kiss.

And quite literally, took his breath away too.