Barom Strong

Barom Strong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happpppyyyy birthhhddaaayyyy @tkkkkkx!" Barom excitedly vocalized in English as he typed in the caption to his next Instagram post. 

It was the big day! It was the day his big baby Minwoo turned twenty years of age. And that was not something to just throw to disregard and throw to the side. His earlier birthdays that he has spent with him weren't as special, no huge milestone to match. They were all teenage birthdays that just reminded the poor lad of how he couldn't spend them with his family due to schedules. 

However, this was the one where he was entering his 20s, leaving behind his teen and childhood years for a new adventure into his adult and independent years. 

"Ew, bro! I look like a strange doll in that picture! I don't like it! And you look ugly!" the baby complained teasingly, reaching for the device in his hyung's hand, "Please no." 

He still had some adjusting to do before he was truly an adult. But that would come with time. 

"Well, since you made fun of me and said I was ugly, I'll just post it now," Barom smiled, adding his last few touches to the caption before tapping the blue share button and BAM! It was up for everyone on the internet to see! Almost instantly, it received over fifty likes, a few new followers thrown in there, and a handful of comments wishing the deep voiced, main rapper of C-Clown a happy birthday. 

Minwoo sighed and opened up his Instagram to see that he had received plenty over hundreds of notifications for more followers and comments on all his photos all saying the same thing if not different, "Happy Birthday, Oppa!" He smiled at all the love he was receiving from all his Crowns. 

Minwoo then opened up to the picture that Barom just posted of him. He cringed at the filter chosen for the picture and how his face really did not suit his liking. He read the caption and all the hash tags that followed:

#tk #happbirthdaytk #romecclown #cclown #dpr #dpinkreel

Minwoo frowned, having seen the same hashtags over and over again on his hyung's posts. Some more than others, but it was a reoccurrence that had him wondering. Why did he have the need to add every little symbol and include the trend? 

"Rome Bro?" Minwoo began, eyes still looking down at his phone as he searched through many other photos Barom had posted, "Why do you always put so many hashtags in your posts?" it was an innocent enough question. He was always told that no one liked a hashtag . 

Barom's skimming fingers slowed to stillness and the smile that was reflected off of the elder's face in the brightness of his iPhone drooped to nothing. A thin line if possible. A sigh then escaped his lips, dragging along with it air from the deepest pits of his lungs. 

"Because Minwoo yah," he began, continuing back to his original state of skimming through his Instagram feed, "We're just not getting it. C-Clown ain't makin' it and I'm trying to spread the word," Barom answered with a different tone than before. It was snappy, laced with poison in his exhale. 

Minwoo looked up and cocked his head to the side in confusion, "Well, hashtags ain't gonna cut it, bro," he reasoned. The only way to get enough credit in fame would be to work harder. 

Barom sighed in response to his big baby's response, "I just want to see this hashtag to be full of pictures of me. From fan cams, reposts of all my selfies, the random member picture thrown in there somewhere. I want that recognition," he explained. 

Then he pulled an element from deep inside his thoughts that he had once before hoped would never escape, "Sometimes, I just wish we would break up, you know? Disband? We'd probably be better off without each other."

The silence that the enveloped the two in its pain was stunning. Never, in the four years he had known him, had a silence this deafening occurred between the two. Sure, there were quiet moments between the two, but an awkward silence? This was a first for the two. 

"W-what?" Minwoo finally asked, completely shocked. What he heard made no sense at all. 

This was Barom. Yu Barom, Rome, the leader of C-Clown. The strong one who struggled with Korean, yet learned at the fastest rate possible for C-Clown to debut as soon as possible. The Barom who moved from Australia to teach English in Seoul, the Rome who first introduced himself to the group in English, the one who stayed up until ungodly hours of the morning just practicing dance. The foundati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter