The strange boy with white hair

Winter Solstice

A brunette boy watched the world pass by through the frost covered window of a small, cozy Cafe at the corner of the street. He smiled at the boys who touched the window and waved at him with their glove covered hands and reddened cheeks due to the cold wind howling outside. It was a cold, more than usual, winter day. He didn't exactly fancy this cold and frozen weather, but there was something in the Winter season that seemed magical to him. Maybe it was the snow covered streets or the holiday mood of the people around him, still, even if he didn't like cold weather, Winter was a special season to him.

"Could you please stop daydreaming and help with my project?"

"No"

"..."

The brunett and the red haired boy stared at each other for a moment, both of them glaring at the other. "I'm telling your mom that his son does not want to help his poor and innocent dongsaeng"

Luhan pondered the idea of not helping his manipulative and totally not innocent dongsaeng Tao, but he didn't want to come home to his mom's scary glare "fine"

"Thanks hyung! You're de best~" The red haired teen smiled cutely at his hyung, but Luhan knew better than to believe the panda's innocent facade.

"Next time I’m telling Baekhyun that you used to stalk him during High school" Luhan squinted his eyes, waiting for Tao's reaction. The teen opened his eyes comically and he looked alarmed at his hyung.

Luhan and his 10 friends(yeah,they're a big group) coursed High school together, Tao, along with Jongin and Sehun were the youngest, always getting into trouble and pestering the older ones, but Luhan knew one or two secrets about them that were useful in times like this. For example, Tao used to stalk Baekhyun after class, always trying to accidentally encounter the eyeliner beauty in hallways or accidentally bumping each other during lunch as an excuse to talk to him.

"I already know" A new voice echoed in their ears

Tao, completely red, from head to toe, now looked like he was about to die from lack of oxygen, in fact, was he turning blue? or is it the cold weather?   "W-wha-what?"

Baekhyun instead of dragging a chair and sit with the them in the table, dropped himself in Tao's lap, smirked smugly and popped a kiss in the boy's cheek, which turned into a candy cane red color, the blueish tint fading away. "You think I wasn't going to notice that every day, after math, I was going to accidentally bump with you while walking down the stairs, right?"

"Taozi, I may look oblivious, but I'm not, besides, it was cute to see you flustered each time I said 'hi' to you" 

Tao now looking less red and more natural turned to Luhan and smirked "looks like your plan did not work so well"

Luhan snorted, he had many other secrets hidden under his sleeve "I know many other things about you Huang"

This grabbed Baekhyun's attention. So Luhan knew secrets about his boyfriend? Which ones?  Oh Boy was he going to get a lot of information from Luhan. He always suspected that Luhan wasn't the nice hyung he claims to be, maybe Baekhyun could get Luhan to tell one or two things that he didn't know about Tao  "Really? Mind sharing them?"

Luhan grinned from ear to ear, happy to know that he could still win this round, especially when Tao's expression changed from 'smug bastard' to 'crap I’m in trouble'  "Well let me begin with the time when Tao cross-dressed----"

Saved by the bell. The sound of the door opening caught his attention, a boisterous sound echoed through the whole place, thank God the Cafe was empty except from them, because if not, the owner of the place would've kicked them out, although they always frequent this Cafe, so it wasn’t unusual to have this noise echoing around.

"Perfect timing Chanyeol" Tao cheerfully announced

"Huh?" Chanyeol looked confused at Tao, but then he shrugged "What are you guys doing?"

"Not much, just talking" Luhan slyly answered as Tao glared at him

Chanyeol decided to ignore the devious glint in the brunette’s eyes and changed the topic "Guess what?"

"..."

"C'mon at least try"

"Did you ran into a frozen pole again?"

"...yes...but that's not what I meant, Baekhyun"

"How many times has this happened this month?"

"I think 6 or 7 times don't you think Baekhyun?"

"You're right Luhan!"

Chanyeol pouted, some friends he had "Meanies, I’m going to tell Yifan"

This time Luhan snorted "What can he do? Tie me with his Givenchy scarfs?"

"You're just jealous because you don't have one" Yifan's deep voice came from the door, behind him followed Sehun, Jongin, Yixing, Jongdae, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo. All of them looking red due to the cold.

"You wish"

"Guys I'm serious! Listen to what I have to say!" Chanyeol grumbled with his deep voice, though he sounded more like a child whining to his mother in the toy store.

The eleven of them looked at Chanyeol expectantly; waiting for what the giant had to say "Ok, did you remember last year, during Christmas, that we said we wanted to do something awesome? Like skiing?"

They nodded, motioning for him to continue talking "Well I talked to my uncle and he said that he could lend us his cabin located in Damyang!"

"Really?"

"That's great!"

"Wow, turns out you're actually useful Chanyeol"

"I hope you rot in hell Sehun"

Junmyeon hit Sehun in the back of his head "Well, when is the trip?"

"This Friday"

Junmyeon smiled, happiness lacing his voice "Well we better start packing, since today is Wednesday"

"what should I pack?" Asked Yixing, he looked confused. The rest of them, accustomed to Yixing's strange behavior just sighed

"winter clothe dear" Answered Junmyeon, sometimes he questioned his boyfriend's sanity

"Oh right!" Yixing hugged Junmyeon "What would I do without you!"

Sehun whispered something along the lines of "You'd probably be walking around if Junmyeon didn't help you" that got Jongdae and Jongin laughing and clacking around like retarded seals.

"Oh Sehun I didn't raise you like this" Junmyeon’s voice sounded quite scary and his expression too

Sehun, Jongdae and Jongin gulped. Luhan too, Junmyeon was an angel, but there is only so much of Sehun a person can handle.


“Everyone is here? We didn’t lost anyone in the trip?” Junmyeon raised his voice so is friends paid attention

“Nope” Jongin answered, making a popping sound with the ‘p’ 

“Buuut” Jongdae added in a amused tone “We almost leave Yixing at the bus station”

Yixing pouted, clearly offended “Hey! I had something important to do, that’s why I was late!”

Then Sehun snorted.

“Now let’s start unpacking”

Luhan watched unsurprised as his friends fought over the rooms. Sehun, Jongin and Jongdae were playing ‘Rock, paper, scissors’ without noticing Baekhyun and Tao, who had already  ran to the room they wanted. Chanyeol also ran, dragging his faced dragon shouting something that sounded like “I choose the one with the big bed!” . The rest of them just stared at the sudden ruckus.

At the end, when everyone had their own room and they had unpacked, the moon was shining brightly in the sky and the ten decided to go to the village to eat something.

Once they ate, each of the couples sat close to each other, leaving Luhan feeling a little alone, or possibly jealous. He would never admit that to his friends, but he was kind of envious of their relationships, he had no one to share his time.

“Guys” Luhan awkwardly cleared his throat, calling his friends attention “I’ll be going now to the cabin”

Junmyeon immediately looked at him worried “Are you sure, it’s pretty dark outside, don’t you prefer to stay here with us?”

“Nah” Luhan smiled reassuringly at his friend ,though, Junmyeon knew him very well and he sense something was wrong with his friend, but he let It go, maybe Luhan would open up to him later “It’s ok, you guys stay here, I’m just tired of the trip and want some sleep”

“Fine” Junmyeon reluctantly answered

Luhan grabbed his coat from the chair and went out the door. The cold, freezing winter air hit him, causing him to shiver. He looked at the moon, it was bigger than ever, the stars were shining brightly around her. The night seemed clamed and peaceful. Although something felt different this night.

That’s right!  Today was the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year. Maybe that’s what felt different.

Wait a moment…Where am I? Luhan stared at the road of trees surrounding him, he didn’t remembered this part of the path.

Great, now I’m lost.

I hope someone helps me, but who? I don’t even have my cellphone left it at the cabin.

Some trip this turned to be.

“Are you lost?”

“I’m so desperate that I’m hearing voices ” Luhan bitterly muttered to no one in particular

“Nop” The voice laughed “You’re not hearing voices, I’m actually here”

Luhan turned around and faced small, white haired boy, with cute cheeks, sharp eyes, small lips and porcelain skin that glowed under the moon’s light. He seemed younger than him. He was wearing a long-sleeved gray shirt and black pants, but no scarf, no gloved or earmuffs.

“Aren’t you could?” Unconsciously Luhan hug himself, a cold shiver ran down his spine.

The boy shook his head “no, I quite like this weather”

Luhan felt something in the pit of his stomach when he heard guy’s voice, it was marvelous, like the sweet sound of an harp.

“Who are you?” What’s the only thing Luhan could say, his voice was stuck in his throat

“Maybe it does not show” The pretty boy talk, flashing him a smile “but I’m the Spirit of Christmas”

At this Luhan couldn’t think anything, his mind was blank. Is this guy for real? How old does he think I am to believe this kind of pranks?

“You don’t seem to believe me”

Luhan snorted “You think?”

The boy seemed offended “Hey, no need to get sarcastic with the person who’s going to help you”

Luhan eyed the boy.

The boy raised his hand and waved it around, suddenly, frost came out of the boy’s hand and snowflakes, real snowflakes, not snow, fell off the sky.

“Do you believe me now?”

"Are you the Christmas' Spirit?"

"Yes"

"Really?"

"No, I’m just a random guy with white hair trying to imitate Jack Frost that likes to talk to random people during Winter Solstice, of course I'm the Christmas Spirit you dimwit"

"..."

"So why did you summoned me?"

"..."

"You OK? Are you going to tell me why I'm here or not?"

"...I don't know..."

"...great"

He sounded quite happy.

“You didn’t call for me?” The Spirit asked Luhan, once again, who shook his head

“I don’t even know how to do that” Luhan sheepishly said “I just asked for someone to help me”

The guy sighed “Ok, I’ll help you even though you didn’t summon me”

The guy approached Luhan and held out his hand with a strange glint in his eyes “Take my hand”

Luhan was expecting to feel a freezing cold when he touched the Spirit’s hand, but he actually felt a warm feeling spreading throughout his body, he glanced at the other, whose cheeks had acquired a rosy color that wasn’t there before. Luhan liked the sensation of the other’s skin touching his; it sent sparks all over him.

“Hold onto me and by the way, my name is Minseok”

Luhan couldn’t even respond when he felt a sudden tug and the world started spinning, he closed his eyes, afraid, until Minseok touched his cheek and urged him to open his eyes.

He was amazed, they were flying, freaking flying. This is unbelievable. The wind blew around him and he felt like he was dreaming.

“Oh My God”

Minseok grinned for ear to ear, then he let of Luhan, who shrieked afraid.

“Just walk, as if you were in the ground”

Luhan did as Minseok said, with shaky steps and holding his breath, afraid of falling, but nothing, he did not fell.

“See, just walk” Minseok smiled “Look down”

Luhan looked at where Minseok was pointing and saw his friends, they seemed to be…drunk…even Junmyeon, and trying to walk steady to the cabin. It was quite hilarious, even more as he wasn’t in that position.

“So Luhan” Minseok called his name in a tone that he couldn't recongnize “It seems that your friends are having fun, why don’t we have our own fun too?”

Being the Spirit of Christmas or Jack Frost as they sometimes called him, Minseok was quite playful, he was serious too, but during Christmas, he felt the need to play and enjoy this time. It doesn’t matter that he is over a hundred years old.

Before Luhan could asked how Minseok knew his name or what he mean by ‘fun’ ,Minseok attacked him, making both of them fall down into the snow, next thing Luhan knew was that he and Minseok were building snow forts and bombarding each other with snowballs.

“Your snowman army can’t win against my nutcracker army!” Announced Luhan,while posing like a soldier

“Really?” Wanna bet?” Minseok and Luhan laughed as they threw each other snow balls and they tried to dodge the cold projectiles.

This is my chance! Luhan launched over Minseok when the latter crouched down to gather more snow and they both ended sprawled in the snow. Luhan could feel Minseok’s breath tickling his face and there it was again, that pink hue tinting the boy’s cheeks. Minseok pushed Luhan off and then both of them made snow angels, but neither of them noticed their linked hands.

“Look!” Minseok shouted exited. A few steps ahead, there was a frozen pond. “Perfect for ice skating”

The Spirit tugged Luhan’s hand while pushing him into the ice platform.

In other circumstances Luhan would’ve freaked out because he had never ice skated before and the ice didn’t look safe, but with Minseok’s hand in his, making him feel warm against this cold weather, he didn’t mind.

They spent the rest of the night playing in the snow and talking about each other.

Luhan learned that Minseok was actually older than him(are you serious?! Yeah, I’m over a hundred years old) that he enjoyed cold weather and he did not like warm weathers, Christmas was his favorite holiday, he was born in Korea, but he doesn’t remember where or how he came to be the Spirit of Christmas and the most important think;(at least for Luhan)he was single.

By the end of the night, when the clock twelve, Luhan started to feel sleepy, so he asked Minseok if he wanted to stay the night with him in the cabin(not like that you erted minds) and Minseok shyly agreed.

When both of them were cuddling under the blankets, Luhan holding the other’s small frame in his arms and playing with his hair, while Minseok nuzzled the crook od his neck, Minseok gave Luhan a chaste kiss in the lips, it was so quick Luhan couldn’t even kiss back, but it left a tingling sensation in his lips.

“You know…I like this kind of warm” Minseok smiled, Luhan’s skin against his felt warm and not cold.

“Me too” Luhan kissed the top of Minseok’s head

Maybe cold wasn’t so bad after all, Luhan thought as he watched the sleeping figure in his arms. He closed his eyes, ready to accompany his lover in dream land.


“Hey Luhan, you’ve never told us how did you and Minseok met”

"Yeah,we just know that you guys are together,but when did it happened?"