Until August~

Before Time Catches Me


 

They first met around this time in August.

 

Suga roamed the streets of Seoul, his eyes looking at faces of passersby but each face was stone cold, expressionless. He sighed, deciding to look down at his shoes instead – even they had more personality than half the people around him. He wondered if they are actually even people. Statues… moving, emotionless statues are what described them best.

 

“Yah! Watch where you’re going,” someone spat as he slammed straight into them.

 

He looked up at the man, his face hidden in the night. “Mianhae,” Suga squeaked, offering him a short bow. He attempted to walk around the man but the man only side-stepped, cutting him off.

 

“A short bow is all you have to offer your elder?” The man took a long drag of his cigarette and proceeded to blow the thick, dark grey smoke in Suga’s face, making him cough. “Don’t you have any manners?” He flicked the cigarette onto the sidewalk near Suga’s feet, not bothering to put it out but only regarded it with a smug smirk.

 

“I don’t know much about manners,” said a young male voice behind Suga; the owner of the voice then draped his arm around Suga’s shoulders, “but I don’t think blowing smoke in someone’s face is very mannerly either.”

 

“You little-“

 

“Cursing isn’t mannerly either,” The young male smirked, making small “tsk” sounds afterwards while shaking his head. The sarcasm literally oozed from his every gesture. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we have somewhere to be.”

 

“W-We?” Suga muttered, dumbfounded by the whole situation.

 

“Nae~ remember the work thing we have tonight?” He squeezed Suga’s shoulder tightly while bugging his eyes. ‘If he doesn’t take the hint, I’ll kill him,’ he thought.

 

“Ahh~” Suga whimpered, pouting slightly. He shook his shoulder to get him to remove his hand but, stubbornly, he didn’t. “Yeah… we have a… uhh, thing,” he lied, cutting his eyes severely at the young male. ‘If he doesn’t remove his hand, I’ll kill him,’ he thought.

 

“Kaja!” The young male then grabbed Suga’s hand instead of his shoulder and ran the opposite way with him. Into the night they raced, leaving the old man behind to stew in his own bitterness.

 

“Yah! Get back here, you disrespectful bastards!” The elder yelled after them but the young male didn’t cast one look over his shoulder. In fact, a boyish giggle is what that got out of him.

 

A good five blocks down, they finally stopped running. The two boys leaned up against the outside of a coffee shop, both coughing and gasping for air.

 

“There was really…” Suga began breathlessly, “no point in running.” He looked over at him, whoever he was anyway, severely. “Not like he could’ve caught us anyway.”

 

“But it was fun,” he replied simply and took a breath, letting it out with a big smile. “Isn’t it a nice night?”

 

“Yeah… nice,” Suga grumbled. ‘Nice my ,’ he thought. They were drowning in a sea of frowns and greed, yet he had the audacity to call this a “nice night”. There was nothing nice about the streets of Seoul. The people were as cold as the frigid night air.

 

“I’m Jimin by the way,” Jimin offered his hand but Suga just stared at it. He had no intentions of getting close to new people, especially these days considering his… circumstances.

 

“Not interested,” Suga pushed the younger’s hand away and stood up, turning his back to him. It was too risky for him to get close to anyone. He realized that the less people liked him, the better off everyone would be. He could leave this world without a single heart hurting because of him and he could do the same. These heavy thoughts occupied his mind as he walked away from the offended younger male he left standing in the middle of the sidewalk.

 

 


 

 

It had been months since he last saw Jimin and honestly, he had begun to forget him. It wasn’t like he impacted his life all that much anyway. Still though, it was odd for anyone to be nice to a random stranger in Seoul and Jimin did just that. ‘I could’ve at least thanked him,’ Suga thought as he sipped a cup of coffee and snuggled in the comfy armchair, ‘then again I don’t want any misunderstandings or prospects of friendship.’

 

This was his favorite coffee shop, despite its stupid name. Like who the hell decided that a coffee shop should be named “Tasty Kat”? ‘This is why foreigners think we eat cats and dogs and ,’ he thought as he gently placed his cup on a coaster that sat on the small mahogany table in front of him.

 

This particular coffee shop had a place where people could let their cats play with one another, hence the name, and he had always had a soft spot for cats. It was actually quite amusing to watch the cats because they were all so lazy but every once in a while they’d have little spurts of energy or maybe fight for like two seconds before giving up.

 

He smiled to himself for a split second before hearing, “ah, so the cats get a smile but I don’t?”

 

He looked over his shoulder to see the same baby-faced boy he saw just a couple months ago and heaved a sigh. “Look kid-“

 

“I wondered if I’d ever see you again,” Jimin said as he placed himself in the seat just across from him. The corner of his lips curled into a smirk as he sipped his coffee, loudly finishing with an “ah!”

 

Suga tched. “What do you want?”

 

“An apology. I think I earned that much.”

 

“You haven’t earned .”

 

“I guess you’re just as cold as everyone else then.”

 

“Well not everyone can be warm and perfect, now can they?” Suga ran his finger around the rim of his mug, his face expressionless yet his voice severe. “You’d be better off learning that now.”

 

He hated being referred to as “cold” and the younger was beginning to push his buttons. Everyone else was cold, not him. He was only cold because he had no other choice.

 

“And?” Jimin raised an eyebrow. “That’s no excuse for your behavior.”

 

Suga huffed in disbelief. This kid had guts he’d give him that. “Yah… what makes you think you just can come over here and preach to me about my behavior?”

 

“I just came over here for an apology,” he stated matter-of-factly.

 

“Too bad you won’t be getting one.”

 

“Ah, geurae?” The younger let his shoulders sag. “Well I guess I’ll just have to stick around until I get one then, huh?”

 

“I’d prefer you didn’t,” Suga said calmly but inside he was flaming.

 

Jimin grinned brightly. “I don’t think that’s your decision.”

 

 


 

 

And from then, that’s when they began talking to each other more frequently.

 

“What do you want now?” Suga rolled his eyes as he answered his phone seeing that it was Jimin yet again. It was almost as if Jimin was skilled in knowing exactly how to piss him off.

 

“I see you still haven’t changed your number,” he teased. He had still been proud of himself for managing to steal Suga’s phone and get his phone number that one day in August at the coffee shop.

 

“I’ve been too busy,” Suga lied blatantly. He wouldn’t admit to himself that a piece of him actually enjoyed the calls… he cut off everyone in his life so he barely used his phone anyway.

 

Jimin sensed his lie but decided to let it slide for once. “What are you doing now?”

 

“I’m heading to a bar, why?” he answered with a tone of annoyance.

 

“Hang out with me instead.”

 

“Now why would I do something like that?” Suga rolled his eyes again. “Ganda.”

 

“Wait!” But his plea was too late, Suga already hung up.

 

“Tch! Hang out with him?” Suga said to himself as he entered the bar and sat right in front of the bartender. “I’ll have the usual.”

 

“Coming up,” the bartender said and began mixing the drink. “So what’s botherin’ you this time?”

 

“Not a ‘what’ but a ‘who’.” Suga took the drink when the bartender handed it to him and quickly downed it. “Keep ‘em coming.”

 

“May I ask who?” The bartender asked as he began making another drink.

 

“Nah, just some annoying kid…” Suga downed the second drink just as quick, feeling the intoxicating sting of alcohol swimming in his system. This was the only place that allowed him to forget about things for a while. It was just him and his best friend “whiskey”.

 

 


 

 

“Okay, I think you’ve had enough,” the bartender stated, refusing to offer him anything else.

 

“If I’m p-paying…! Damnit, give… the liquor,” Suga slurred.

 

The bartender picked up Suga’s phone off the bar and called the last person he contacted – Jimin.

 

“Yeoboseyo!” Jimin answered cheerily.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the bartender began, making Jimin frown since it wasn’t Suga, “I’m not sure if you’re very close to Suga but if you’re not too busy, could you come pick him up?”

 

“Ahh… nae,” Jimin agreed, “just text me the address and I’ll be there shortly.” He then hung up and stared at his phone, waiting for the text which he received promptly and he immediately rushed out of his little apartment to the bar a few blocks down.

 

After the bouncer checked his ID, Jimin entered the bar. He scrunched up his face; he had always hated the smell of alcohol. Despite being the legal age to drink, he refused to touch a drop of alcohol… besides, the prospect of not being able to control yourself was very off-putting in itself.

 

His eyes scanned the dimly lit bar and finally he spotted Suga sitting at the bar arguing with the bartender. He was childishly demanding more drinks to which the bartender habitually refused.

 

“Ah, how embarrassing,” Jimin muttered to himself before walking over.

 

“Aishh… you… him of all p-people?” Suga garbled incoherently, pointing at Jimin while eyeing the bartender sharply.

 

“Take him please,” the bartender said to Jimin, ignoring Suga’s drunken slurs.

 

“Nae~” Jimin bowed and draped Suga’s arm across his shoulders, helping him to his feet. “How much have you had to drink?” He adjusted Suga’s arm so he could help him walk more comfortably.

 

“Not enough.” Suga chuckled drily.

 

Jimin just sighed as he helped the older out of the bar. “Where do you live?”

 

 


 

 

“Aigo, you’re so heavy…!” Jimin practically threw Suga down on his bed.

 

“Yah… careful…” Suga mumbled along with some other inaudible words. He rolled around on his bed restlessly.

 

“I’ll stay for a while to make sure you’ll be okay,” Jimin said as he sat down on the bed. He let out a small yawn but secretly pinched himself so that he’d stay awake.

 

“Ha… look at you pretending to care…” Suga sat up, chuckling almost hysterically. “It’s almost… almost, cute, really.”

 

“You’re really pathetic right now,” Jimin sighed, trying to keep his cool.

 

“What’s pathetic is me not getting those other drinks.” Suga swayed gently back and forth. His head was swirling; he felt he could be sick any minute. “Better… I… trashcan.”

 

Jimin sat there blankly for a second before understanding what he meant and quickly grabbed the trashcan in the corner of the room, handing it to him. “Aigo… you must be trying to kill yourself.”

 

“Not like I have much time left anyway.” Suga laughed bitterly. “I’d gladly die in a drunken stupor than in some hospital bed.”

 

“What… what do you mean?” Jimin asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m dying,” Suga laughed again however it sounded more like a choked sob this time, “cancer’s a but at least the alcohol eases the pain.”

 

“C-Cancer?!” Jimin exclaimed, hopping up from the bed.

 

“Ah don’t act so-” Suga suddenly leaned over the trashcan, vomiting into it. “G-Get out!” he said while still leaning over. If the room hadn’t have been so dark, Jimin would’ve seen the tears streaming down his face.

 

He was embarrassed…

 

“I’m staying,” Jimin said calmly and went over to him, patting his back.

 

“Please…” Suga pleaded sadly, “leave.”

 

“No.”

 

“Aish, how annoying.”

 

“I’ll get you some water and mouthwash.” Jimin went to the bathroom connected to the room and brought back a capful of mouthwash and a cup of water. “Use the mouthwash first, then drink the water.”

 

Suga looked up at him for a while before reluctantly doing what he was told. “There… you happy?” He handed Jimin the empty cap and cup when he was finished.

 

“Very,” Jimin smiled and returned the items to the bathroom, taking the trashcan with him.

 

“Leave.” Suga repeated more seriously when Jimin reentered the room.

 

“I already told you-“

 

“Pabo…” Suga interrupted as he snuggled in his bed, falling asleep in a matter of seconds.

 

Jimin only smiled and sat back down on the bed. He felt himself growing tired and figured maybe the sober Suga wouldn’t mind him crashing there (yeah, right!) – But it was worth a shot. He curled up on Suga’s bed and fell asleep just as fast.

 

 


 

 

‘Ugh my head…’ Suga thought as he sat up, ‘it’s so bright in here.’ He squinted his eyes to help alleviate the headache some and stumbled out of bed to close all the blinds in his room but once he was able to comfortably see, he saw a person curled up at the foot of his bed. ‘Oh God please don’t tell me it’s-‘

 

“Morning,” Jimin said as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

 

“Why are you here?” Suga questioned, wincing as the anger stimulated his headache.

 

“You were in no shape to be left alone,” Jimin stated. Somehow after last night Suga seemed smaller… more fragile. Even the thinness of his hair was noticeable now.

 

“I can handle myself just fine,” Suga spat and pointed to the door. “I’d appreciate it if you’d leave now.”

 

“Can’t I stay?”

 

“No, absolutely not.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I don’t need to get attached to some kid nor do I want you getting attached to me.” Suga winced again and leaned his back against the wall, looking tired.

 

“Ah, I understand,” Jimin nodded, “…you’re scared. And I’m only 2 years younger than you.”

 

Scared? Give me a break,” Suga tched, “I’m doing what I feel is best.” Though deep down he knew Jimin was right. He was beyond scared – he was terrified. Time was slowly creeping up on him no matter how fast he tried to run from it. It was an infinite loop of running but getting nowhere… Time always had the upper hand in the game of life – or in this case, the game of death. And Time was catching up, quick.

 

“Is it really best to go without love just because you’re dying?” Jimin sat up, looking Suga directly in the eyes.  The two sat looking at each other for what seemed like forever.

 

“What the would you know, kid?!” Suga hissed finally, feeling his rage boil over, “Don’t sit there and feed me that bull about ‘love’. Love doesn’t exist in this world. And don’t you dare say you even give the slightest about my wellbeing because you don’t – no one ever has.”

 

“So you honestly believe that?” Jimin stood up, putting his coat back on.

 

“Yes.” Suga’s eyes were practically burning a hole through Jimin at this point. Why did this brat always have to piss him off?

 

“Oh, geurae? Fine… I don’t care then,” Jimin replied emotionlessly before walking out of the room.

 

Suga sighed and slid down to the floor, shedding tears of self-pity. As much as he hated to admit it, he was already attached to the younger but unbeknownst to him, he wouldn’t see him for a very long time.

 

 


 

 

It was a year later and he hadn’t heard anything from Jimin. No annoying calls or silly texts… nothing. I guess he truly succeeded in removing him from his life but why didn’t it feel good?

 

Suga found himself at his favorite coffee shop again with the same coffee he ordered every single time, a vanilla Frappuccino with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon. He inhaled the heavenly scent and placed it on the same little mahogany table.

 

He adjusted his hat nervously, hoping no hair would fall out… but of course some always did. He sighed, watching the strands of golden brown fall silently onto his lap. The sight always made him want to cry but he forced himself to hold it back… it’s not like he really had a reason to hang onto life anyway.

 

He stared forlornly out the window… and that’s when he saw him – Jimin.

 

He smiled and almost shot up out of his seat but then he noticed that he wasn’t alone; he had another guy on his arm. They looked so… happy. 

 

Suga sighed and let himself sink back into his seat. ‘He wouldn’t want to see me anyway…’ he reasoned with himself to stop the pain in his heart.

 

Unknown to him, the couple had actually entered the little coffee shop.

 

Suga sipped his coffee again, savoring the sweet liquid but as he went to put his cup down, it slipped out of his hands. A lot of things that shouldn’t be heavy were all heavy to him now… he could tell his body was growing weaker, especially around this season, Winter, where even the cold hurt his bones.

 

“Ah, I really am dying then,” Suga muttered to himself with a bitter smile and reached for the napkins but his fingers collided with someone’s hand. “Yah-“

 

“Well hello to you too,” Jimin said, still looking like that same young boy as he did a year ago.

 

Suga was at a loss for words, so all he did was push Jimin’s hand out of the way so he could grab some napkins then proceeded to clean up his mess.

 

“Mind if I help?” he asked, however he began helping anyway without waiting for Suga’s answer.

 

The two cleaned up in silence until Jimin’s boyfriend came over with two cups of coffee. “Hey you,” he said to Jimin and placed the cups on the table, “who’s this?”

 

“A friend of mine,” Jimin answered somewhat distractedly.

 

The word “friend” hung thickly in the air, not because Suga didn’t want friends but because deep down he wished he were more than that. “Nae~” he agreed breathlessly. Even the smallest of tasks made him breathless these days.

 

Jimin looked at him with concern. “How are you holding up?”

 

‘Oh, you know, throwing up has become a daily thing. Oh! My hair is also falling out left and right. Everything hurts too… even my heart.’ Suga thought with fake enthusiasm but could never bring himself to say all those things, so he only muttered that he was doing okay.

 

“Ah, that’s good to hear,” Jimin said quietly. He knew Suga was lying, he always did.

 

“We should get going to the mall opening,” his boyfriend urged.

 

“Uh, Jungkook, do you mind giving us a minute alone?”

 

“Y-Yeah… no, totally,” Jungkook said and picked up the two coffees, “I’ll be near the door.”

 

Jimin uttered a small thanks before turning his attention back to Suga. “I asked how you were doing.”

 

“And I told you-“

 

“Cut the bull, Suga. I know you’re lying.”

 

“I’m fine. In fact I’ve never been better,” Suga said through clenched teeth.

 

“Have you been to the hospital?”

 

“If ‘hospital’ is synonymous with ‘bar’ then yes, I have.”

 

Jimin sighed. “You’re only killing yourself faster.”

 

“You try being in constant pain and see if you don’t go to the bar too.” Suga began slowly picking up the shards of the mug he dropped earlier. He was so damn tired already…

 

“So now I get some truth out of you.”

 

Suga just sighed and placed the shards on the table. He hadn’t even realized how much his hand was shaking.

 

“You don’t look so good…” Jimin observed, getting out of his seat to crouch in front of him.

 

“I… I t-told you… I’m…” Suga trailed off. His body swayed back and forth like back when he was drunk. “I’m… f-“

 

Next thing Jimin knew, Suga collapsed into his arms. “Someone, call 911!”

 

 


 

 

Suga cracked his eyes open only to see Jimin staring down at him, his eyes filled to the brim with worry and spilling over with tears. “You’re awake…”

 

“I’m too stubborn to die,” Suga commented with a dry chuckle.

 

“Then stay stubborn forever,” Jimin smiled tearfully. “…You really scared me back there.”

 

“I told you to not get attached,” Suga reminded him somewhat harshly. He reached up to adjust his hat like he always did when around people but his hand felt nothing. “Yah… where’s my hat?”

 

“They took it off.”

 

Who?”

 

“The nurse.”

 

“You mean I’m at-“

 

“-a hospital, yes.”

 

“Aish!” Suga hissed. “I’m not staying here.” He felt a rush of embarrassment at Jimin being able to see his tufts of hair and wanted nothing more than to hide away from him… away from everyone.

 

“Yes you are… I’ll make sure you do.” Jimin’s eyes shone with confidence.

 

“Don’t you have things to do with your little boy toy? Why are you still here?” Suga questioned bitterly. He turned his head away from Jimin and quickly wiped away a tear. He was supposed to be strong when the time came but now he just felt like drowning in his own tears.

 

“I canceled our date,” Jimin stated.

 

“Ah, well, good for me,” Suga said, his voice laced with every bit of sarcasm he could muster.

 

Jimin sighed. “Why do you hate me so much?”

 

Suga chuckled. “Hate you?” His chuckles turned into fits of hysterical laughter. “Hate you?” he said louder this time.

 

“What’s so funny?” Jimin pouted, now genuinely confused.

 

“It’s because I don’t hate you is why I’m acting like this.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Wouldn’t it be crazy to think I actually fell for you?” Suga laughed. “Me… of all people loving someone like you. Ha! Someone should seriously write my story for a crappy cable drama. It’ll be a hit – people love a good sob story.”

 

“You fell for… me?” Jimin repeated. He could barely believe what he just heard, ignoring all the sardonic remarks that came with it.

 

“Funny, isn’t it?”

 

“No, not at all.”

 

“I find it hilarious, to be honest.” Suga adjusted himself so that he could sit upright. “I’m sitting here with barely any hair, drugged out of my senses, and yet here you are… aren’t I disgusting?”

 

“You’re just as beautiful as the first day I saw you,” Jimin answered, taking Suga’s hand in his.

 

Instead of Jimin getting the usual cynical comeback, Suga just looked at him in disbelief.

 

“I… aish,” Jimin ruffled his hair with his free hand, “I thought if I separated myself from you then I’d get over you but… ha, the heart just doesn’t work like that I guess.”

 

“You’ll have to get over me one way or another… Fate will make you,” Suga reminded him and squeezed his hand, seeking comfort from him. He was always so cold and weak but Jimin’s hand was warm and strong.

 

“Stop,” Jimin suddenly blurted. “Can’t we just… pretend you’re not sick today?”

 

“But-“

 

“Please,” Jimin pleaded.

 

Suga nodded. “But Jimin… I don’t want to die here…”

 

“Then I’ll sneak you out,” Jimin said, his eyes welling up with tears. “I’ll be back.”

 

 


 

 

Jimin returned with a wheelchair and several blankets. “I’ll cover you with these so they don’t see you.” He then scooped Suga out of the bed and placed him on the wheelchair… he was as light as a feather and about as fragile as one too. His cheeks were sunken in and his skin was a sickly pale, however his eyes never lost their sparkle for life.

 

He placed the blankets on top of Suga, carefully concealing him. “Are you okay in there?”

 

“Just… hurry…” Suga replied breathlessly. There was barely any holes for oxygen and he was already having trouble breathing.

 

“Nae~” Jimin said before hurriedly rolling the wheelchair out into the hallway. He wanted to rush but that would only make him look suspicious.

 

“Excuse me, sir, where are you taking all those blankets?” A nurse asked as she approached him.

 

He was practically sweating bullets at this point. “My friend on the first floor needs them and no one was responding so I’m doing it myself.”

 

“A-Ah nae~” The nurse seemed embarrassed thinking that her fellow staff members were slacking off with checking on the patients. “Carry on. I’m sorry for your inconvenience.” She bowed quickly before racing off to another room.

 

“Palli~” Suga muttered.

 

“I’m trying.” Jimin took the elevator down to the first floor and rolled him into the first floor men’s bathroom, quickly removing all the blankets. “How are you?”

 

“I’m… f-fine,” Suga answered with a weary smile.

 

“I figured this wouldn’t work, so I’m going to help you put on your clothes and we’ll just walk out – think you can do it?”

 

“I have no other choice. I told you I’m not dying in here.”

 

“You’re not dying!” Jimin cried, “Stop saying that!” He wiped away the fresh hot tears sliding down his chubby cheeks.

 

Suga reached up and wiped away his tears with a smile. “Stop crying and help me get dressed… we have a date after all.”

 

Jimin sniffled and kissed the top of Suga’s hand. “Come here,” he said, embracing Suga to help him stand. “Hang on to me if you need to.” He put Suga’s pants, which he had concealed in one of the blankets, near his feet.

 

“Lift your right leg,” he said, guiding his leg to the pants leg and did the same for the other leg. It hurt him to see Suga so… thin. He could feel this bones as he helped him put his pants. “Now for the hoodie…” he said, taking the hoodie out of the pile of concealed clotes.

 

“I can do it myself…” Suga offered, sticking his hand out. Jimin wanted to disagree but didn’t want to emasculate him so he handed over the hoodie.

 

It took him about five minutes but he managed to put it on himself and he smiled, looking like he defeated some huge obstacle. Sad thing is, many people go doing that all their lives and will never know what it feels like to struggle that much…

 

“Ready to go?” Jimin asked, trying his best to seem happy when all he wanted to do is cry. He wanted to cry and beg God to have a few more days with him at least… why was life so cruel?

 

“Ready,” Suga answered. His face was full of optimism despite the pessimistic situation.

                                                                                                                                                                            

 


 

 

Suga inhaled deeply, stifling a few coughs. “Freedom is beautiful.” The two just walked around Seoul enjoying each other’s company.

 

“Not as beautiful as you,” Jimin smiled cheesily.

 

“Yah, hajima,” Suga blushed, “have you always been so cheesy?”

 

“Probably,” Jimin laughed with Suga joining him. It was the first time Jimin heard him laugh genuinely and it was the most beautiful sound he ever heard – it sent a pang to his heart.

 

Suga sighed softly and clung tighter to him. He was getting weaker walking around like this but he would never let Jimin know… he’d even walk to the end of the Earth with him.

 

“Are you hungry?” Jimin asked as they passed many food carts. The smell of food hung thickly in the air and his stomach rumbled because of it.

 

“Ani… you should eat though,” Suga answered faintly. To be honest, the smell of food only nauseated him.

 

Jimin looked down at Suga, seeing how exhausted he looked and wrapped his arm around his waist to help him walk more. “You know what? It can wait. Let’s go watch a movie at your place; there’s bound to be food there too.”

 

“Sounds good…” Suga smiled softly like an angel. Like an angel...

 

 


 

 

The couple climbed out of the taxi and Jimin bridal carried Suga into his apartment. “This is how I’ll carry you after our wedding next August.” Jimin commented as he laid Suga down on his bed.

 

“Why August?” Suga said, looking a bit skeptical.

 

“Because that’s the month we first met and that’s the month I’d like to marry you.” Jimin tried smiling but it came off really awkward.

 

“Well as long as you’re more careful next time, you nearly took my head off coming through the door!” Suga laughed lightly, ending the laugh with a few hoarse coughs.

 

He appeared so tiny on that big bed of his…

 

“How about I practice carrying you every day until our wedding?” Jimin smiled. Finally Suga was being optimistic.

 

“Who says… you won’t take my… my head off next time, hm?” Suga closed his eyes with a soft smile decorating his face.

 

“No way I would ever hurt you,” Jimin stated, “I love you too much for that.”

 

“I… I love you too.”

 

Jimin smiled brightly. “I’ll be right back.” He quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed a big bag of chips for the movie. “Back!”

 

“That was fast…” Suga commented, finally opening his eyes.

 

“I didn’t want to keep you waiting.” Jimin flopped down on the bed and pulled Suga into his arms. “So what movie are we watching?”

 

“Anything directed by Michael Bay… I’m up to see a few explosions,” Suga said, snuggling closer to Jimin.

 

“More than a few,” Jimin chuckled and searched up movies directed by Michael Bay and picked the first one, not bothering to even see what it was – the real movie was Suga. Watching him was his main priority; he wanted to analyze every bit of beauty Suga had to offer.

 

Jimin leaned down and kissed his forehead. “Have I told you I love you yet?”

 

“To the point where I’m sick of hearing it,” Suga said while hiding his blushing face. “But… Jimin.”

 

“Nae?”

 

“I want you to go back to Jungkook when I…”

 

“I told you not to-“

 

“Jimin!” Suga tried yelling but it came out as a squeak. “You’ll need him more than ever… I saw how happy you were with him.”

 

“How can you ask that of me?” Jimin frowned.

 

“I just want you to be happy…” Suga sighed. “Don’t give up on love just because of me.” He was silently crying into Jimin’s chest. “Okay? Promise me…”

 

“Please don’t make-“

 

“Jimin-ah~ I say this because I love you. This is why I didn’t want to get attached… things get too complicated…” He sighed shakily.

 

“So that’s why… pabo, did you really want to be all alone in some hospital room in the end?” Jimin asked, clinging onto Suga tighter as if that’ll keep him from crossing to the other side. Can’t Time just stop forever?

 

Suga hadn’t really thought of it that way – how pathetic would that have been to die like that? No one to care… no one to say kind words at his funeral… he would just been thrown in a hole. He would’ve died for nothing. “You’re actually… pretty smart sometimes.”

 

“I try,” Jimin replied with a small smile. “Now stop saying silly things and let’s just stay like this forever…”

 

“I’d like that…” Suga agreed and pecked Jimin’s lips before burying his face back in his chest. ‘Just stay with me until my time runs out…’ he thought, feeling his breaths grow shallow. Jimin was so warm and full of life compared to the male wrapped protectively in his arms who was growing colder by the second…

 

“I love you.” Jimin whispered as he looked down upon the older with nothing but love in his eyes. If only knew that that was the last time Suga would hear him say that…

 

The “forever” Jimin wanted was short-lived though as Suga’s eyes closed permanently that night a mere ten minutes later much to Jimin’s turmoil.

 

“I’ll see you next August, my love…” Jimin said, kissing Suga for the very last time.