Final

Baby Please Come Home

 

The month of December has been hectic for the Super Junior members. They are currently having the Japanese leg of their concert tour for Super Show 6. "Let's put on a great show tonight. Let's give our fans the best Christmas present ever," Leeteuk told s. "Let's give them our best and make this a memorable concert for them," Siwon added. All of them were screaming in the backstage and agreed to what their leader and their visual said. They're starting to get themselves hyped up, making sure that they'll give their best to their fans. When the members went out on stage, the cheers and  the squeals of their fans roared through the whole stadium, which would probably break a window pane. The blue ocean looked so majestic and the members felt overwhelmed.

 

Donghae has just recovered from his injury. And due to that injury of his, he started to become careful of himself on stage. During the previous shows before this, he felt like a burden to s because they kept supporting him on stage. Also, he felt like a huge disappointment to the fans because he rarely participated during the entire concert. This show was their last one for this month and it was five days away from Christmas. He made sure that this would be an opportunity for him to make up for his injury. He wished that the upset fans could watch him perform tonight so they can see him make up for it. He did not only wish for the Elfs to see his performance, but he also wished for someone else to see him perform.

 

 

The show ended and after taking their bow, they went to their dressing room and threw themselves on the couch. "You boys are really tired," their manager told them with a smile. "We wanted to make sure that our fans would receive the best Christmas gift that they'll ever get," Ryeowook said with a smile. Everyone was tired to stand up and change into their normal clothes, even Kyuhyun was too drained to fool around. Dongahe was watching the videos that he took and started texting someone. He was keeping the phone close to himself, trying to hide it from the rest of s. "Hyung, you don't have to hide it. We know who you're texting," Kyuhyun told him. "Aww, you're texting Jessica again," Heechul squealed. After all these years, he's still the captain of the Haesica ship. "I'm just texting my mom and my brother." Kangin looked at him and smirked. "You heard him, guys. It's not Jessica." Everyone laughed at his remark.

 

-

 

Jessica was laying down in bed, having a marathon of Gossip Girl. God knows how much she missed this show. "I feel so emotional that Blake Lively's gonna be a mom soon." Five days before Christmas and she's home alone. Her parents have arrived from the States a few hours earlier, but she already has her own place. She picked them up from the airport along with Krystal. While Dorota was trying to be a fake massage therapist, she heard her phone beep on the bedside table. She saw that it was a message from Donghae.

Concert just ended.

He sent her a picture of the blue ocean that he took earlier. Jessica looked at it with a light smile and remembered his leg.

Are you tired? How's your leg?

Another beep was heard, and it was his reply.

Not really, but if I am, it's for the fans. We wanted to give them the best Christmas present ever :) my leg's all better now, don't worry :)

Though she knows that he has recovered, she was still worried about him. If only he was at home with her to rest. She saw a video of him limping on stage and she got teary eyed.

Go and get a lot of rest now.

She opened the message that he just sent to her.

Will do. Good night. I love you, Pretty Sica. Don't stay up too late.

She smiled sadly before she replied to him.

Good night, my Stupid Fish. I love you too. Rest well!

After sending him that message, she turned the tv off and removed the dvd from the dvd player. She switched the lights off and went to bed. every night, she would wait for him to send her a message before she went to sleep.

 

-

 

 

Two days before Christmas and the boys were planning what to do for their first Christmas together in Japan. "Since it's our first Christmas here together, we should make it special," Eunhyuk said. They were eating their lunch as they were planning at the same time. "Why don't we go to Disneyland," Ryeowook suggested. "I'M ALL FOR DISNEYLAND," Heechul said loudly. Everyone knows that this weirdo's addicted with Frozen, so they somehow expected that his reaction would be like this. "Hyung, I'm sure you're fine with anywhere as long as there's Frozen," Donghae told him. "Pillows, towels, cases, plates, mugs, anything Frozen, you name it, her royal highness wants it," Shindong said, then laughed with the rest of the group. "So who want's to go to Disneyland," Leeteuk asked. "DISNEYLAND," s screamed in unison. "That would be everyone."

 

-

 

Jessica just finished eating and returned to the bedroom. She laid there in silence and she swore that she could hear her neighbors blasting Christmas songs. "Seems like they're all excited," she said with sadness in her voice. She knows that it's less than a week away before Christmas, but she couldn't feel the Christmas spirit. Something was missing. No, someone was missing. She unlocked her phone and texted him.

Hey :)

A beep was heard and she checked it.

Hi :)

She sighed before she sent him another message.

Are you busy? When are you coming home? Do you know that I miss you?

She read his reply that arrived after a minute.

I'm currently eating lunch with the guys. We planned to go to Disneyland on Christmas :) I know, I know. I miss you too :(

When she saw his reply, she felt a bit sad. "Disneyland, huh." She looked out the window again and gave another sigh. "Well, if I was there, I'd also pick Disneyland over a plane ride home on Christmas day."

Aww, I wish I was there. You guys have fun for me. I'll be seeing you after Christmas then :)

 

-

 

Donghae knows that he should be happy because tomorrow's Christmas eve, but he can't feel Christmas-y, especially now that he's away from her. He read Jessica's reply and a sad smile appeared on his face. He knows that she's either crying or tearing up. He wanted to wipe her tears away, but for him to be able to do that, he'll have to go through a two hour plane ride. "I'm sorry," he whispered to himself. "Lee Donghae, why are you saying sorry? You didn't even hit me," Eunhyuk told him. "I wasn't saying sorry to you." Eunhyuk gave him a weird look before speaking. "You're seated beside the window and I'm the only human being beside you. Are saying sorry to the window ?" Siwon smacked his head to shut him up. "Can't the fish talk to himself?" Donghae mouthed Siwon a thank you for making Eunhyuk shut up.

 

-

 

 

Jessica was saddened by the fact that Donghae hadn't replied to her since yesterday. "He's really not coming home and he's doing that to stop making things sadder, Jessica." Today's Christmas eve and up until now, there's no single text from him. Only 7 hours till Christmas, and he haven't sent her a single hello. "I just wanna hear his voice," she sighed. She was starting to get teary eyed.  "Heck, I just wanna see him and celebrate Christmas with him." Despite of their busy schedules, they always make sure that they're together for Christmas. Half of Christmas eve will be spent with their members, while the other half was spent with their families. The first half of Christmas will be spent by eating with their parents and their siblings, and after giving gifts, the whole day will be given to the two them. Because of their busy life as an idol, they rarely spend the Holidays with their parents, and every parent of every idol know this.

The clock's still ticking and she wanted to call him, but she knows that she's going to break down upon hearing his voice. She decided that it would be better if she won't. She was also thinking of sending him a message, but knowing herself, she'll call him after he replies and ask him to come home.

 

-

 

Donghae was watching from behind the window while he was looking at the snow that was falling outside. He looked at the other establishments nearby and saw that they were not only covered in snow, but they also had a lot of Christmas decorations. It's 6:00 pm, only six hours before Christmas. Everyone was planning [more like arguing] on what to ride first for tomorrow's adventure.

Outside, he could see that the Christmas lights were already lit up. As he watched the snow falling from the sky, he remembered the fun times that they had during the previous years. Even if they were busy because of SMTOWN Week last year, they found time to celebrate Christmas together. Though it was different from their usual celebration for the Yuletide season, staying snuggled up against each other in bed under the thick blanket was already enough for them. He really doesn't feel like it's Christmas without her here with him. He's currently on vacation with the rest of the members, but he still feel like he's working. She won't leave his mind and it he found it hard not to think about her.

 

-

 

Jessica was looking out the window, not wanting to leave the room. She was bundled up in a thick blanket and reminiscing their previous Christmases together. She smiled when she remembered how they threw snowballs at each other whenever they spent Christmas eve together. They're actually like this even on Christmas day. Jessca's parents didn't go to Korea and Krystal and her weren't able to go home to the States, while Donghae's mom celebrated with Donghwa and his family. Krystal would sometimes celebrate with them when all of her members have gone home, but she doesn't feel like a third wheel. She feels like a child whenever she's with her sister and brother in law.

Yes, Donghae and Jessica are married, but among their labelmates, only Krystal knows (duh). Their CEO is very well aware of this. They got permission before getting married, and they were allowed. "It's only getting married. No one would suspect a thing since you two are best friends, well that's what the fans know, and everyone here knows that you two are dating," the former CEO Lee Sooman smiled after allowing them to get married. Their respective managers know about this too. They're secretly married, but they don't make it really obvious, especially to the public. Everyone in their company knows that they're dating and they've been a couple since their trainee days. Just dating, nothing more than that.

After playing, she remembers going inside with him and sitting on the couch with a blanket draped on their shoulders, with a cup of hot chocolate and looking at the snow outside, while trying to make themselves warm. After finishing their drink, they'll be changing into a new set of clothes before eating their Christmas dinner. When the clock struck 12, they gave each other their presents and watch an old movie before going to bed.

 

-

 

Donghae was sitting down with the rest of the guys and he swore that they could hear the Church bells ringing. He sighed knowing that there's only four hours left till Christmas. He wanted to call her, but he would only miss her a lot. "You know, if you go to the airport now, you'll make it home for Christmas," Heechul told him. "Hyung, how did you know?" Heechul pulled him up from his seat and brought him near the window. He put his arm around Donghae's shoulder before knocking on his head. "I was at your wedding remember," he said in the softest way possible. Donghae looked at him. "Right, I remember! You told us that if we'll get married, you mst be invited because you're the captain of the Haesica ship," he said in a soft manner as well. "Then you got married." Donghae smiled at him. "And you were invited."

"Hey, everyone! Fishy's going home. His mom's going to celebrate alone this year," Heechul announced that made everyone look at him. The members were sad to see him packing his stuff and getting ready to leave. He hugged all of s one by one and wished them a Merry Christmas. It was only today that they saw Donghae's wide smile that didn't appear for the past few days. "She needs you right now, Hae," Heechul smiled at him and winked. They're the only ones who know what he really means. "Well, that was better than to see him sulking," Henry said and everyone agreed.

 

"Wait for me, Pretty Sica," he whispered to himself happily inside the plane. Two more hours, and he'll be in Korea. Three more hours until Christmas and until he can finally say that it's really Christmas.

 

-

 

Two hours left before it's Christmas and Jessica could hear the carolers outside. She heard them arguing whether or not they'll sing in front of their house because it seems like there was no one home, but they saw that the car was parked inside and assumed that there's someone inside. They sang 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' and it just broke her more into pieces. Her tears swiftly came out of her eyes and she wiped them away. She was upset that not a simple hello was sent to her by him the whole day. The carolers finished their song and sang 'White Christmas' and it just made her shut her eyes, trying to stop her tears, but they didn't listen to her and flowed out of her eyes. "No, stop it. He's gonna call."

She switched the tv on when she heard the carolers walking away. To make her heart lighter, she got the remote and flicked it to Disney Channel. "It's a good thing that Sofia the First isn't a part of their Christmas special."

 

-

 

Donghae's plane finally landed and he still has an hour left before Christmas. He was thankful that there weren't a lot of people in the airport. Earlier in the plane, there was only around 12 passengers, thus the smallest plane was used for the flight. He got his luggage after going through the immigration and ran to the taxi bay outside the airport. He was lucky to get one even if it's already late on the eve of Christmas. He told the address to the driver and he was excited to come home.

"Ahjussi, aren't you going home for Christmas," he asked the middle aged driver. "I am," the old man smiled before he continued. "After I bring you safely to your house. You're actually my last passenger before Christmas." Donghae smiled knowing that this man won't be spending the Holidays while working. "That's great to hear. There are really no cars around," he noticed. "That's because everyone's preparing for Christmas and they'd rather stay inside their homes than going outside when almost everything is closed." Donghae found out that the driver has two kids, a boy and a girl, and they're currently in middle school. He also found out that his wife is taking care of their restaurant and their business is doing good. "Ahjussi, why don't you stop driving the taxi?" The driver thought for a long time before he could answer. "I've never really thought about quitting. Even my family tells me that I could stop driving, but knowing that people trust you to bring them to their destination safely makes me happy. Also, without this taxi, I wouldn't be able to make my wife's dream of having a restaurant a reality."

After a few minutes, they finally arrived in front of Donghae's house. He paid for more than what his actual bill was and smiled at the driver. "Ahjussi, don't give me the change anymore. Thank you for driving me here. Go and celebrate Christmas with your family." The driver was hesitant at first, but he forced him to take it. He waved at the driver and watched the car speed away before unlocking the gate.

 

-

 

Jessica just finished eating her dinner alone and washed the dishes before slumping back on the couch to continue watching. Her phone was beeping with messages from her parents, her sister, her relatives, and her friends. She replied to them and looked at the time after doing so. "It's a Merry Christmas indeed," she sighed. I's already Christmas and she finally let her tears fall. She's been holding it back, but she couldn't control it anymore. The volume of the tv was loud, but not loud enough for her not to hear the sound of her own tears. She was only expecting one call from one person, but she didn't receive it. Suddenly, her phone started ringing.

 

-

 

 

Donghae closed the door gently and dropped his luggage quietly before getting his phone and dialing her number that he knows all too well. He heard her sniffing before she picked up. She even blew her nose and spoke. "Finally," she heard him say in the living room.

"Hello."

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Lee," he greeted her when she picked up.

"Are you smiling? You seem happy. Oh I forgot, you're going to Disneyland later."

"Why should I not be happy, it's Christmas today! Have you been crying? Your voice seems stuffy."

"No, I'm not," her voice was shaking. "Just got a bad cold. I'm good. Merry Christmas, Hae."

Sadness was heard in her voice and it made him sad, but he knows how happy she will be knowing that he's home. "The guys are calling me now, I have to go. Merry Christmas again. I love you."

"WAIT!" She couldn't continue because she started crying and he could hear this. "When are you coming home?"

"Before New Year's eve," he smiled.

"Okay. I miss you. I love you, Hae."

He was smiling after their conversation. "I'm here now," he whispered.

 

-

 

She cried and cried after hanging up with him. She wiped her tears away and blew her nose before grabbing her phone again. She called him and waited for him to pick up.

 

-

 

Donghae felt his phone vibrating. He was lucky that he left it on that mode, or else his surprise for her would be screwed.

 

-

 

"Are you really not coming home any sooner than that?"

"Why?"

Jessica got annoyed that she raised her voice. "What do you mean'why?!' I just want you to come home, Hae."

"Really?"

"And you even have the guts to use that happy tone of yours when you know that it's Christmas and I just want you to come home, Lee Donghae," she cried.

He started walking gently "You know, you have to stop crying," he said while still not dropping the call.

"I already told you, I'm not crying!"

 

 

-

 

He stood in the middle of the house, looking at her back which was faced to him. She was hiding her face on the armrest of the couch. "Are you sure you're not?" Slowly, he walked near her.

"I told you I'm not!"

"Next time, don't sit with your back facing the main hall. People could go inside without you noticing it."

"What?"

"Look behind you."

 

-

 

Without knowing what her husband was up to, she turned her body and looked behind her. She ended the call and cried when she saw him. "Baby, I'm home," he told her with his arms open wide. She ran to him and hugged him with all of her might. "Seems like your Christmas wish was granted." He smiled while hugging her tightly as well. She only nodded because she couldn't speak. Only her tears would come out. He pulled her chin up for her eyes to meet his. Her eyes were already puffy from her tears. "I missed you so much," she was finally able to speak. He kissed her tears away, but they won't stop falling. "I missed you too, Sica." She burried her face in his chest and cried some more. He kissed her hair and chuckled. "I couldn't celebrate Christmas without you," he told her. She pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears. "I actually thought that you were gonna pick Disneyland over me." Donghae wiped her falling tears with his thumb and smiled at her. "What makes you think that Disneyland can replace my wife?" Jessica was about to cry again, but she stopped herself. "Thanks for coming home, baby. Now, I can definitely say that it's Christmas." Donghae kissed her forehead. "It's no big deal. Me too. Now I feel that it's Christmas because I'm with you." Jessica blushed with the last part. He hugged her again and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Merry Christmas, fishy."

"Merry Christmas, baby."

He pulled her chin up and leaned forward for a kiss. "Wait!" Donghae was confused. "You can't kiss me!" He was getting annoyed. "Don't look at me like that! There's no mistletoe above us," Jessica explained to him. "What, I can't kiss my wife," he chuckled. "Rules are rules, Donghae." Her eyebrow was raised at him. He pulled her eyebrow down and rested his forehead on hers. "Sorry, but I don't play by the rules and you're my wife, so I can kiss you anytime." He smiled at her. Jessica giggled at him and grabbed his face before standing on her tippy toes to kiss him. 

"You know that I love you, right," she asked him after pulling away

"Mhm. And I love you too," he replied to her before leaning in for another kiss, which she gladly returned.

 

 


 

 

Author's note: And that my friends is my promised Christmas gift for all of you. I hope you guys liked it and enjoyed reading it :) I wish each and every one of you Happy Holidays! Please don't forget to comment below and tell me what you guys think about it :) thank you guys for reading this, it really means a lot to me :)