Flavour #1 : Chocolate

"INFINITE" Ice Cream House

"My Name is Sunggyu."

 

Sunggyu is sitting at the corner of the kitchen of INFINITE Ice Cream House, reading his favourite novel. He looks really fine in the waiter uniform, and his matching light blue apron makes him look even better.

“Oi Sungjong!” Sungyeol shouted as he stepped into the kitchen.

“What is it?” the magnae among them appeared out of no where in his wet apron.

“Why is your apron wet?” the tallest waiter asked, chuckling at the same time.

“Because unlike some people here, I am busy washing the dishes alone,” Sungjong responded sarcastically as he kicks the chair Sunggyu is sitting on before he disappeared again to continue his work.

“Yah, Sungjong ah~” Sunggyu turns to the magnae but he is no where to be seen. It was then when suddenly they heard a bell ringing, marking the incoming of a new customer into their ice cream house.

“Customer!” Sungyeol cheers as he grabbed the menu book from the counter and hands it to Sunggyu.

“Why me?” Sunggyu asked lazily.

“Because all you did today is reading your novel. Now go and be a nice waiter,” Sungyeol forced him to stand on his two feet and gives him a light push on his back.

“Arraseo,” Sunggyu said as he grabbed the menu from Sungyeol lazily.

It has been three months since he started working at the ice cream house. The business is actually owned by one of his best friend, Hoya.

Hoya is really into business and he got the ice cream shop from his parents as a birthday gift on his 18th birthday. Since then he is managing the shop really well to prove to his parents that he is capable of handling his own business.

To make things easier, Hoya also hired his best friends from the university to work as waiters.  There are seven of them and they work according to shifts so that the ice cream house will always open even if some of them have to attend lectures.

Sunggyu was the last to join their team. He never plan of having a part time job, especially as a waiter, knowing how short tempered he is. But last three months, he got into a small car accident and it caused him quite a large amount of money to fix his car.

He then decided to join Hoya and the rest in his ice cream house.

“Gosh, why~?” he whines inside as soon as he saw the customer who is sitting at the round table at the corner of the ice cream house.

That pretty lady in long hair is reading something on her mobile phone. She turns to Sunggyu when he reached her table, and her smile suddenly disappeared.

“Are you the only waiter here?” she asked as she grabbed the menu from Sunggyu’s hand.

As much as he is annoyed with the lady, Sunggyu just took a deep breath and keep quiet. That’s what Mungsoo taught him. Never get angry with the customers. The customers are always right. If you feel like cursing or saying bad words, just take deep breath and keep quiet.

And for someone with a really bad temper, Sunggyu is behaving really well.

“And the only waiter available doesn’t even know how to talk,” the lady muttered again. She was flipping through the menu when Sunggyu suddenly grabbed the menu back from her.

“Chocolate, noted,” he said as he jotted down ‘coffee ice cream’ on his notepad.

“Yah! I haven’t even choose what flavor I want for my ice cream!” the lady sounds angry.

“So, you don’t want chocolate this time?” Sunggyu asked, looking at her. The lady looks at him back before she turns away.

“Chocolate, then,” she muttered.

Sunggyu smirks as he left the lady.

The lady in long hair is a regular customer of INFINITE Ice Cream House. She visited almost every day and never failed to order a chocolate flavoured ice cream every time.

Hoya is fond of her. Well, everyone is fond of regular customers. She seems like a nice person too. But for some reasons no one know, she really dislike Sunggyu. She has been really cold towards him since the first day Sunggyu worked at the ice cream house.

“Chocolate?” Sungyeol asked  when Sunggyu get into the kitchen.

“Neh, as usual,” Sunggyu said as he took a seat at the corner.

“Here. I already prepare it,” Sungyeol said as he hands the baby blue tray with the nicely decorated chocolate ice cream on it to Sunggyu.

“No, please. She really gets on my nerves, Yeol,” Sunggyu quickly rejected the tray.

“Awh, okay then. I’ll go,” the taller guy said as he brought the ice cream to the customer. Sunggyu quickly hides behind the kitchen door to peek on them.

The lady smiles sweetly when Sungyeol put her ice cream in front of her. She looks like a totally different person when it’s someone else who serves her.

“Is it my look? Maybe she hates hamsters or something,” Sunggyu jokes to himself.

 

*     *     *

 

The sky is dark, and Sunggyu is walking alone back to his house. He just finished his class, and his shift for the ice cream house in at night, so he planned to go back and take a nap first.

It was then when he suddenly saw a familiar figure running in front of him, holding a small packet in between her fingers.

“It’s her,” he muttered to himself as he realized the figure belongs to the lady in long hair. The one who always ordered chocolate flavoured ice cream.

Sunggyu quickly moves and hides behind a wall to take a closer look as the lady bend down a bit. From the angle he is standing, he can see the lady is actually feeding some stray cats. The packet she was holding just now is the cat food.

“Eat well!” she said as she pats on the cats’ heads cutely.

She has a really beautiful smile, that’s what Sunggyu thought. But unfortunately she always sulks whenever Sunggyu is around.

Slowly, Sunggyu continues his journey, wondering at the same time if he ever hurt the lady in any way.

 

*     *     *

 

“Your ‘girlfriend’ is here,” Sungyeol jokes as he pokes on Sunggyu’s waist.

“Girlfriend, what, who~?” Sunggyu asked as he turns to face the younger guy. Sungyeol then pointed to one of the tables in front of the counter and Sunggyu can see the lady again.

That beautiful smile is on her face again as Sungjong jotting down her order.

“Why can’t you smile like that to me?” Sunggyu whispered, more to himself.

Sungjong walks into the kitchen and waves his notepad in front of Sunggyu’s face.

“Chocolate, chocolaaattee!” he said as he did it. Sungyeol suddenly appeared with a chocolate ice cream in his hand and hands it to Sunggyu.

“Your turn, hyung,” he said, smiling.

As much as he wanted to say no, unknowingly Sunggyu took the ice cream and heads to lady in long hair. When he reached her, he puts down the ice cream in front of her carefully.

“Here,” he said, smiling.

And the lady sulks again.

“I prefer the younger boy just now,” she said as she dipped in a spoon into her ice cream, and that act of her succeeds in annoying Sunggyu.

“If I were given a choice, I wish I can chase you out of here,” he said, much to the lady’s surprise.

“Do you know what your problem is? It’s your attitude,” Suggyu continues. He can sense that he is actually getting on her nerves, but he doesn’t plan to stop what he’s doing right now.

“With this attitude of yours, you’ll never get a boyfriend,”

“Stop it..” the lady muttered, trying hard to control her anger.

“Or, if you already have a boyfriend, I bet he will leave you for someone els-“

And Sunggyu didn’t get to finish his sentence when the lady suddenly stood up and almost flip the table.

“I said STOP!” she almost screamed, and Sunggyu took a few steps backwards, surprised at her reactions. His intention is only to annoy her a little as revenge. But this is nothing like what he expected.

He was about to apologize when the lady suddenly fell on her knees, burry her face in her palms and started sobbing hard. Sunggyu is more than panic, he quickly put kneels down in front of her and pats on her shoulder gently.

“Don’t, don’t cry. I am really sorry,” he said as he keeps on rubbing on her back. But the lady shows no sign to stop crying. Sungjong and Sungyeol who’s watching from the kitchen just now are surprised as well as how the event turns to.

Sunggyu was about to apologize again for the second time when he saw a photograph on the floor. From the look of it, it must fell from the lady’s purse. Many things, including her purse fell on the floor when she flipped the table half-way just now.

“Eh..?” Sunggyu is more than surprised when he saw the lady in the photograph. She looks really happy as she kissed on a guy’s cheek, and the guy looks exactly like himelf.

“I’m pretty sure I never met you before. I mean, I mean. Before you came to our ice cream house,”

Sunggyu is actually thinking really hard, but he speaks his mind out loud as well.

“I am sure I never had any girl kissed on my cheek like this,” he is speaking to himself again while the lady is still sobbing.

“And I never lost my memory or something!” he concluded.

“But how can I be in this photograph?” he asked confusingly as he scratch on his head.

It is then when the lady suddenly grab the photograph from his hand, crumple it hard in between her fingers and throw it out of the ice cream house from the window.

“That is obviously not you, pabo!” she snapped as she tried to stop crying.

“Ah, right!” Sunggyu nods as his own stupidity just now. He looks at the lady who is crying again. Slowly he stood up and helps her to stand on her feet. He took a napkin nearby and clean the chair in front of him and motion the lady to sit on it.

“Jihyuk and I were together for almost four years,” she suddenly muttered when she started to calm down a bit.

“Um hm,” Sunggyu nods and he kneels on one knee to pick up her purse.

“He even proposed to me on my birthday,” she continues.

“Really? My name is Sunggyu,” Sunggyu said as he hands her the purse and continue picking up some lipsticks and compact powder.

“But one day he said he doesn’t love me anymore..”

“Don’t forget, my name is Sunggyu,”

“And after that I learned that he has been together with my own best friend for months already..”

“Sunggyu, okay? Make sure you memorize it,” Sunggyu said as he stood up and hands the lady all her stuff he picked up just now.

“Even though it hurts me whenever I see you, I just can’t stop myself from coming here.. I want to feel his presence..”

“Okay. Just don’t forget that my name is Sunggyu,”

“What is wrong with you? Are you even listening to me?” the lady started to get angry.

“Now, don’t be angry. What’s my name?” Sunggyu asked as he took a seat in front of her.

“Are you stupid or what? Or you’re just plain annoying?” the lady is still angry.

“My name is..?”

“Sunggyu! Your name is Sunggyu!” the lady almost shouted when Sunggyu suddenly brought her into his arms.

“Yes, my name is Sunggyu. Now you know that I am not Jihyuk,” he whispered into her eyes, not letting her go just yet.

“We have hundreds, maybe thousands, no, better be millions.. We have millions of days ahead to get to know each other. I’ll make sure you’ll see that Kim Sunggyu is nowhere near Jihyuk,”

The lady just listens as she nods a bit on Sunggyu’s shoulder.

“I don’t know him, but I know that I will never hurt you. That pretty smile of yours, I want to always see it,”

It was then when the lady started crying again, but Sunggyu can tell that she is crying different tears right now.

“My name is Sunggyu,” he said again as he caress on her long hair.

“I know,” the lady chuckles a bit.

“Usually when I introduce myself, people will tell me their names too,” Sunggyu responded.

“…”

“My name is Sunggyu,”

“Gongju..” the lady whispered.

“Gongju.. a perfect name for a beautiful princess," Sunggyu said as he slowly broke the hug and looks into her eyes.

“Komawo..” Gongju smiles as she tries to hides the blushes on her cheeks.

“So, our millions of days together will start today. Do you want to walk the first day with me?” Sunggyu asked as he leans down a bit, his forehead almost touches Gongju’s.

“Well, it sounds like a good offer,” Gongju smiles.

“Indeed, it is. So what do you want to do today?”

“Um. Ice cream date,” Gongju replied, nodding at the same time.

Sunggyu stood up as he holds Gongju’s hand in hers.

“Let’s go to another ice cream parlor,” he chuckles.

“Why?” Gongju asked, blinking her eyes.

“Because we have many stalkers here,” he said as he gave Sungjong and Sungyeol a death glare, causing the two boys to quickly hide in the kitchen.

“Ah, okay,” Gongju chuckles as she follows Sunggyu’s step, leaving the ice cream house.

“So you love ice cream?”

“So much!”

“What’s your favourite flavor?”

“Chocolate, of course!”

And of course, that’s just the beginning of their love story.

More and more sweet moments are coming for both of them, because like Sunggyu said, he is nowhere near Jihyuk.

 

The End

So, 'Gongju' means princess, to those who didn't know yet, mihihi.
Annyeong, readers! Komawo to the first seven subscribers, you guys really made me happy.
I hope I can get more readers, ngheee.
Please don't just leave. A few words from you will be my motivation!
More ice cream flavours to come o/

Ok I'll stop now XD

Much love,
PYNK