Slightly

Slightly

SLIGHTLY

Slightly…

 

Chorong put her earphones on and leaned her head on the bus’ window, trying to get some nap after an exhausting day. She couldn’t care less anymore to who just sat beside her and just wanted to rest her system even just for this ride. Besides, she’ll be going off at the last stop so she isn’t worried.

 

She watched the brownish-orange hued leaves fall slowly until it lullabied her to sleep.

 

Slightly…

 

Her head jerked the moment it hit the clear laminated glass, enough to bring back her consciousness. She checked the time and it was already 8 in the evening, an hour passed since the bus left the bus stop. With a sigh, she scratched her neck as she leaned her head on the window once again.

 

Eh?

 

A stranger’s head was already comfortably leaning on her shoulder, snoring her way to dreamland. Chorong’s body suddenly froze and her eyes became wide open, feeling like drowsiness just left her body. At first, she wanted to sit up straight so she can wake her up but then it all changed when she glanced at her face.

 

She looks so peaceful. Chorong thought and unconsciously started to observe more.

 

The stranger was wearing a black long coat over her light grey sweater with matching dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of white sneakers. She was also wearing a navy blue beanie and her hair, honey blonde with light golden highlights, were dangling over her shoulders.

 

Another thing that caught her attention is that canvas which was standing in between the girl’s legs. She also saw some the handles of paintbrushes poking through the small opening of the bag’s zipper.

 

Chorong was just lost in her thoughts until the art student shifted her position, which made her panic and accidentally move her left arm. Seeing that she woke the stranger up, she closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

 

After a while, she thought that her seatmate was sleeping so she slowly opened her eyes.

 

Her face went a few inches close to hers when she tried to go closer to the window. The gap then became lesser when the latter turned her head to look at her. They stared for a few seconds before the stranger looked away and smiled awkwardly with shame.

 

The bus then halted, and her seatmate hurriedly picked up her things and went off the vehicle. Chorong’s face became as red as a plump tomato and she was sweating like she ran a mile. Her chest pounded so hard that it felt like her heart escaped and followed the art student. Unconsciously, a smile crept up and never left her face throughout the whole ride.

 

After arriving home, she went straight to her bedroom and lay down on her bed. She didn’t feel any hunger since her mind was too distracted to process it. Chorong just hugged her pillow, still smiling as everything that happened kept on replaying in her eyes. She stayed like that for a couple of hours before finally falling asleep.

 

And that is how Park Chorong, a Theatre Arts student, fell in love.

 

 

“Hey, Bomi.” Eunji walked towards her and placed a pink post-it on her forehead. “I saw that on the door of your locker. It seems like you got yourself a secret admirer.” She teased and sat down on her seat beside Bomi.

 

“I get nervous every time I think about you. You don’t know but my feelings for you just kept on growing.” Bomi read the message on the post-it. “Tom…? Who’s Tom?”

 

“I don’t know. One thing is for sure though…”

 

“What?”

 

“That’s just an alias. You know, mysterious secret admirer.” Eunji teased again, her eyes fixed on the portrait that she was drawing. “Besides, this is a women’s university so there’s no way that a student named Tom will be studying here.”

 

“What if it’s a professor?”

 

“Stupid. They can’t do that unless they want to be fired.” Her friend then hit her with a pencil case on the head.

 

Bomi then just shrugged and pasted the post-it inside her planner. “Oh by the way…” She gestured Eunji to come closer. “Do you know someone by the name of Park Chorong?” She whispered and smiled.

 

“Park Chorong of the swimming team?” Eunji asked as she closed her sketch pad.

 

“Shhh! Keep your voice down!” She shouted in a whispered manner. “Anyway, is she from the Theatre Arts department?”

 

“Yes. She’s my friend. Why?”

 

“I see. Just curious.” Bomi tried to keep a straight face on but even so, Eunji knew what’s going inside her best friend’s mind.

 

“Why? Have you guys met?”

 

“Uhh…well, sort of.”

 

Eunji noticed her friend’s change in attitude, from being talkative to being shy and nervous. Her friend’s face suddenly turned red and her forehead became sweaty. Bomi then lowered her head, allowing her hair to hide her face.

 

“What do you want to know?” She raised her eyebrow and smirked at her stuttering friend. “Do you want me to introduce you?”

 

Even before Bomi can refuse her friend’s very nice offer, Eunji already texted Chorong and asked her to come and visit their classroom. With a smirk on her face, she pretended to accept Bomi’s refusal and diverted her attention to other things so she won’t notice.

 

It wasn’t that long when Eunji received a text from Chorong saying that she’s already outside their room.

 

“Bomi-ya, I heard that they’re serving your favourite stew in the canteen today. Want to check it out?” She lied just to lure her friend. “I’ll wait for you outside.”

 

Bomi’s eyes sparkled when she heard the word ‘stew’, unaware of what’s going to happen the moment she steps out of the classroom. She quickly packed her things and followed her friend to the corridors.

 

“Yah, Jung Eunji. Wait – -“she paused, frozen at the sight of Eunji who was already talking to Chorong.

 

Chorong on the other hand, was also unaware of Bomi’s presence. She thought it was just a random classmate who called Eunji, but she was petrified when she heard her exclaim Yoon Bomi’s name. Deep inside, she wanted to turn around and look at the girl who once slept beside her in the bus but she knew that she’ll just be stupefied in front of her.

 

“Yoon Bomi! What took you so long?” she grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer, making the two stand in front of one another. Eunji’s evil laugh echoed inside her own mind, feeling accomplished with what she did. “Bbom-ah, this is Park Chorong.” She slapped Bomi’s behind to snap her back to reality.

 

“H-hi. I’m…Y-Yoon Bomi.” Even though she tried to act unaffected, she was still unable to look directly at Chorong’s gaze. “It’s nice to meet you.” She bowed before offering a handshake.

 

“Park Chorong…” She introduced herself and bowed as well before accepting the latter’s handshake.

 

Since she is a shy type by nature, she didn’t need to pretend that she wasn’t. Chorong slightly bowed her head and tucked her hair behind her ear. She clasped her trembling hands together so Bomi would not notice her nervousness.

 

On the side, Eunji was just enjoying the view of her two friends introducing to one another. She was having fun in seeing them go nuts and fidgety deep inside. Besides, she knows something that both of them don’t have any idea of.

 

After Bomi excused herself for the stew that Eunji lied about, Chorong covered her face and screamed her suppressed feelings out. Unfortunately, her friend just laughed at her whole heartedly.

 

“Yah!!!” Chorong shouted and whined, making Eunji stifle her laugh. “How could you do this to me?!”

 

“Shouldn’t you be thankful? Not only did I deliver your note, I also introduced you to her.” She crossed her arms and snickered. “Now in return, maybe I can sit in your class? Bomi will surely kill me after she finds out that I lied about her favourite stew.”

 

“After making me look stupid in front of her? I don’t think so.” She stuck her tongue out and mocked Eunji before making her way back upstairs.

 

“Ah, I see. I guess I won’t be delivering anything from now on.” She emphasized.

 

Chorong stopped in her tracks and sighed in defeat, realizing that she can never refuse her requests from now on.

 

 

It was a rainy afternoon, and the two of them ran towards an empty gazebo and got stuck there for quite some time. Both of them waited for it to stop, but the way it fell seemed like it will not stop anytime soon. Eunji then took out her sketchpad and started doing random caricatures while Chorong pulled out a pen and a stack of pink post-it from her bag.

 

“Eunji-ya…” Chorong pleaded, tugging her busy friend’s sleeve. When the latter gave her the attention she wanted, she showed her another page of post-it filled with her message for Bomi. “Please?”

 

“Seriously, I should get paid for being your delivery girl.” She responded in a monotonous voice as she accepted the paper and pasted it on her sketchpad.

Chorong just giggled and gave a beaming smile in return.

 

After a few minutes, the intensity of the rain did not decrease even a little bit. Eunji was almost finished with her caricature while Chorong just spaced out, almost falling asleep. Everything was dull until someone also ran inside the gazebo they were staying in.

 

“Eh? What are you doing here, Yoon Bomi?” Eunji stood up and approached her friend who was already drenched. “And why don’t you have any umbrella with you?”

 

After hearing Bomi’s name escape from Eunji’s mouth, she propped her forehead on her arm which was resting on the table and pretended to sleep even though she was just staring down at the floor.

 

She then felt someone sit beside her.

 

“Guess what, my friend?” Eunji bent down and propped her chin on Bomi’s shoulder, who was already sitting down beside the girl whom she thought was sleeping. “I got you another note.”

 

“Tom?” Bomi whispered, afraid that she might wake her up. Her friend just smiled and pasted another post-it, this time on her shoulder before going back to her seat.

 

“The words I couldn’t say to you…My heart was shaking when I stood in front of you. It was because I really like you.” Bomi read to herself, getting more curious about this secret admirer of hers. She then pulled out her planner and pasted it next to the first one she got.

 

Chorong on the other hand, was mentally cursing her so-called friend for doing such risky move. No matter how much she wanted to hurt Eunji, she could not do so because she’s the only one who can give Bomi the notes that she’s making.

 

She just sighed and continued to pretend sleeping until something suddenly hopped beside her feet.

 

“AHHHHHHH!!! EUNJI-YA!!! FROG!!!” Chorong screamed and bolted up as she saw her mortal enemy hopping under the table.

 

The next thing she knew is that her arms were already tightly locked around someone else’s body. Her eyes were shut as her face pressed against the latter’s arm.

 

“Yah, Park Chorong. You already scared the little creature away.”

 

Her eyes immediately opened wide and looked towards the source of the voice, which was none other than Jung Eunji. She then looked at the person beside her who was already staring right at her.

 

Slightly…

 

Slightly…

 

Chorong felt a sudden jolt as her heart rate started to increase and her cheeks began to feel warm.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Aigoo

 

She was hugging Yoon Bomi.

 

 

“First, you stretch out your arms, with one of your hands on top of the other. Then put a foot against the wall so you can push yourself through the water.” She demonstrated, helping Bomi for her swimming exam the day after.

 

Eunji is in the same class with her and will also be taking the same exam but she already knows how to swim beforehand. Bomi on the other hand, never was into water sports since she preferred running on the tracks.

 

“Now take a deep breath and slowly submerge yourself your upper body in the water, like this.” She continued and showed the proper form. “Do you understand?”

 

“Well, yeah. A bit.”

 

“Do you want to pass this or you prefer to swim again next semester?”

 

“You know I’m not into this.”

 

“Then listen and watch carefully, okay? Now, watch how I will glide and swim through the water.” Her friend swam across the pool then back to where she started. “I already thought you how to paddle, right? Why don’t you try swimming to that side?”

 

“But…”

 

“Don’t worry, okay? I’m just here.” She patted Bomi’s back and smiled.

 

Bomi took a deep breath and applied everything that Eunji taught her. Slowly, she swam across and miraculously made it on the other side. The moment her hand hit the wall, she went up and removed her goggles as she waved at her friend with a big smile on her face.

 

“Eunji-ya!!! I made it!”

 

“You’re still sloppy!”

 

“I still made it!”

 

“Come back here then!”

 

For the next few hours Bomi just kept swimming back and forth, happy that she finally got the hang of it. Eunji on the other hand was just sitting at the edge of the pool as she watched over her friend while checking on her phone.

 

“Hey, I learned that you got another note from Tom.” Eunji gave a mischievous smile. “What does it say?”

 

“I actually got two. I got the first one this morning, then another one before meeting you.”

 

“What does it say?”

 

“The first one was like…’I am Tom who will catch you, Jerry.’” Bomi laughed. “The next one was ‘Just by hearing your name, just by hearing your voice…it makes me feel good. I like you so much, Yoon Bomi.”

 

“Wow…she must really like you. Do you have any clue on who might Tom be?”

 

“I have to admit, she’s really good in hiding. She seems nice even though sometimes her notes creep me out.”

 

“What if one day, she finally decided to meet you and confess personally…would you give her a chance?”

 

“I would like to, but…you know I already like someone else.”

 

“You won’t meet her?”

 

“I will, but I will explain myself that I already like someone else and I cannot reciprocate her feelings.”

 

“I see.” Eunji just smiled happily at her. After a few minutes, her phone suddenly rang.

 

“Bbom-ah, I’ll just go outside for a while.”

 

“Why? Aren’t you going to swim with me?”

 

“It’s Naeun.” Eunji then showed her phone, ringing. “She’s really not that happy right now.”

 

“I get it. I wonder what you did.” Bomi teased and splashed some water at her. “Don’t come back in here until you guys are okay.”

 

After her friend went outside, she continued practicing her new found skill until she started to feel tired. Bomi decided to give one last swim, but this time, doing one complete length.

 

She was doing very well until she reached halfway of her course.

 

Eunji went back in with a sad look on her face. Naeun hung up while she was trying to explain herself, and she’s also did not answer her phone when Eunji tried to call back. She went back in the locker room and left her phone in the cabinet before making her way back to the pool.

 

“Hey, Naeun is – -“she paused when she only saw a swimming cap floating on the water. “Yoon Bomi!!!”

 

Without hesitation, she dived into the water and there she saw her friend who already lost its consciousness. She hurriedly swam towards Bomi and lifted her until her head is already out of the water. Even though she’s keeping her cool, Eunji swam fast than usual as she brought and pulled Bomi out of the pool.

 

She left her phone inside the locker but she can’t leave her friend alone.

 

“Anyone!!! Help us!!!” Eunji shouted over and over as she checked Bomi’s vital signs. Her friend isn’t breathing anymore so she shouted her lungs out.

 

“Yoon Bomi!!! Anyone?! Help us, please!”

 

Chorong, who happened to be near the area, paused. She slowly headed down the stairs, thinking that she might hear the faint voice that she just heard a while ago. It was quiet until she reached the ground floor.

 

“Help!!!”

 

Looking at the entrance of the pool area, Chorong immediately sprinted and entered the vicinity. There she saw Eunji already panicking beside her lifeless friend.

 

“Jung Eunji! What happened?!” She rushed and knelt beside her.

 

“Where’s your phone? Call emergency!”

 

“Did you check if she’s still breathing?” Chorong asked with a serious face, only focused on Bomi.

 

“That’s why I’m asking you to call the emergency!”

 

“Get out of my way.” Chorong shoved Eunji aside and threw the phone at her. “Go!”

 

Realizing that she’s trained in these kinds of things, Eunji went out and immediately called for help.

 

“Yoon Bomi, can you hear me?” She tried to stay calm and tapped her shoulders, but she didn’t show any sign of consciousness. After that, she lowered her face while looking at Bomi’s chest to see if she’s still breathing or not.

 

No, she’s not breathing. Chorong thought and immediately checked for her pulse. Fortunately she still can feel something pumping at the side of her neck.

 

Slightly…

 

“Wake up!” She then pinched the latter’s nose and lifted her chin. “Yoon Bomi!!!”

 

Slightly…

 

Erasing all her second thoughts, Chorong then sealed Bomi’s lips with hers.

 

She blew some air strongly for a few times into , then occasionally putting her ear near Bomi’s mouth to check on her chest for any breathing movement. Seeing her still unconscious, Chorong repeated the process a few more times.

 

Deep inside, she’s already starting to panic and her eyes were already b with tears.

 

YOON BOMI!!!

 

Finally, Bomi choked and coughed out the water that has been clogging her respiratory system for a few minutes. She then gasped for air as she slowly gained back her consciousness.

 

“Eunji-ya! Bomi is awake already!” She screamed as her tears finally fell, which she also immediately wiped away. Chorong shifted her attention back at Bomi who was slowly opening her eyes. “Are you okay?”

 

“C-Chorong…?”

 

She was about to respond when she noticed something on Bomi’s face that made her blood rush to her cheeks. Her confidence and bravery vanished in an instant, making her run to the fire exit and hide. At the same time, Eunji arrived with the paramedics following her.

 

“Bomi-ya!” Eunji called as she found her friend already alone. “Are you…eh? What’s on your lips?”

 

“H-huh…” Bomi tried to sit up with the help of her friend as she coughed.

 

Using her index finger, Eunji wiped a portion of the red mark around Bomi’s lips and examined it. “Hey, isn’t this…a lipstick mark? Anyway, do you know where Chorong is? I left you here with her.”

 

“L-lip…stick? Park…Chorong?” Bomi then wiped and saw red lipstick marks on her fingers. She lost again her consciousness after realizing that it wasn’t a dream at all.

 

It was really Park Chorong.

 

 

“I’m really sorry if I won’t be able to watch your game today.” Eunji said to Bomi as they walked towards the bus. “Good luck, okay? Do well.”

 

“It’s okay buddy. Let me see your drawings when you get back, okay?”

 

“Sure.”

 

They hugged each other before Eunji went on and left. She was already at the entrance of their school when suddenly she saw Chorong chasing the bus from the other side of the road. At the same time, she received a text from her friend saying that she left her a gift and it’ll arrive anytime soon.

 

Afterwards, she approached Chorong who already ran out of breath.

 

“M-Ms. Park?” Bomi stuttered as she patted the latter’s shoulder. “Are you okay?”

 

Chorong responded without even looking back. She was so pissed that she didn’t realize whom she was talking to.

 

“I’m so screwed.” She said as she tried to catch her breath.

 

“Were you supposed to be coming with Eunji?”

 

“Ugh that kid.” Chorong blurted the moment she heard Eunji’s name. “She didn’t even wait for me. After I bought these sports drinks for her… I don’t even know what these are for.”

 

Bomi gritted her teeth as she slapped her forehead, realizing what gift Eunji was talking about a while ago. She sighed and mentally cursed her friend before getting Chorong’s attention again.

 

“Uh…I think those are for me…” She patted the fumed woman’s shoulder shyly.

 

“Why didn't you buy- -”

 

Chorong paused as she suddenly saw cherry blossoms falling down, realizing whom she gave her death stare at. She unconsciously dropped the plastic filled with drinks as her body started to feel hot.

 

Didn’t know how to respond, she just gave a 90 degree bow to Bomi.

 

“Eh…?”

 

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know…” she apologized, her face still facing the ground.

 

Bomi can’t help but giggle at the sight of Chorong getting embarrassed. She never saw this side of hers, and she thought it was cute when her attitude shifted from being angry to being shy in an instant.

 

“There’s no need to bow…” She responded.

 

Still blushing, Chorong picked up the bag of drinks that Eunji asked her to buy and handed it to Bomi. She then immediately turned her back and started scurrying away.

 

“H-hey, wait!” Bomi called as she followed her. Chorong stopped but she still didn’t turn around so she could hide her now tomato face. “Where are you going now?”

 

“I…I don’t know…”

 

“I see. Then maybe…” Bomi once again stuttered as she gathered up her courage. “Maybe you could…come with me? I’ll be competing today…maybe…well…well if you want to watch…”

 

It was Bomi’s turn to blush this time as she waited for Chorong’s answer.

 

“Okay…” She softly responded as she nodded.

 

“T-that’s…that’s really great then. Uhh…just follow me.” Bomi turned her back and nervously started walking back inside the campus. She smiled as she heard some steps trailing behind her.

 

While walking towards the field, Bomi then remembered what happened two weeks ago when she almost died of drowning. She wasn't able to thank her personally so she thought this might be a good chance to do so.

 

“Oh…by the way…” She then turned around and bravely faced Chorong. “Thank you for saving me.” She bowed and smiled before facing the other side once more and continued walking.

 

After seeing her smile, Chorong’s already calm heart went berserk once again. She just followed her all the way with butterflies going crazy inside her stomach.

 

-

 

It was already afternoon and finally, the moment that everyone has been waiting for has arrived. All athletes that are competing in the 400m dash category, including Bomi, already entered the track and stood on their respective lanes.

 

Yoon Bomi, who was already in her starting position, gave one last look at her before focusing her eyes on the tracks ahead. She then smiled because if it weren’t for Chorong’s presence, she will push through her plan of purposely losing the match.

 

Chorong on the other hand is already at the audience area, quietly wishing for Bomi’s win while the other people got on their feet as they cheered for their own bets. She tightly clasped her hands together and closed her eyes as she heard the gunshot signalling the start of the race.

 

She was only listening to the commentators and their relevant comments about the race. Bomi is now currently third but is already catching up for the second place.

 

“Oh? #7 is going to overtake #4 soon! Wow she’s really fast…”

 

“It’s now a battle between #7 and #9…” Another person said to his friend. “She’s closing the gap!”

 

“We are now down to the last 100 meters of the race! That #7 is going to do a comeback!”

 

“Yah! #7 is now leading but #9 isn't going to let this go that easy!”

 

After a few seconds, the crowd erupted in cheers as finally the runners crossed the finished line one by one. Chorong then decided to open her eyes and look at the electronic board to see who really won.

 

“#7 and #9 were amazing…they both crossed the line at the same time I think.”

 

“Please…please…” She mumbled to herself while waiting for the ranking of winners.

 

She stared at the board intently until finally she saw Yoon Bomi’s ranking number one. Along with the crowd, she jumped from her seat and screamed her lungs out. She then immediately pulled out her phone and called Eunji.

 

“Hel- -“

 

“Yah Jung Eunji! Yoon Bomi won!!!”

 

“Really?! That’s – -“Chorong ended the call even before Eunji can finish her sentence.

 

-

 

“Shining star, you are my super star. No matter what anyone says, in my eyes you are perfect. Congratulations!”

 

“Oh…she also watched my game.” Bomi whispered to herself as she walked down the hall to leave the premises. “How did she know that I’m competing?” she asked herself, staring at the pink note on her hand.

 

She then saw Chorong standing outside the moment she reached the gate of the campus.

 

“Oh? You’re still here? I thought you already went home afterwards…”

 

The latter was about to congratulate her but then she saw her note in Bomi’s hand.

 

“Ah, there’s someone who has been giving me notes starting 3 weeks ago.” She explained when she noticed Chorong staring at the pink post-it in her hand. Bomi then folded the note and inserted it inside her pocket. “What is that?” She asked and pointed at the box that the older girl was holding.

 

“O-oh! Congratulations!” She snapped back and handed the box of cake to Bomi. “Y-you really did well…”

 

“Thank you.” She smiled at the compliment as she accepted the gift. “Shall we go home?”

 

“E-eh?”

 

She blushed, realizing how weird her question was. “I-I mean…we take the same bus, right? Yeah…I mean…that.” Bomi stuttered.

 

Just like before, Chorong sat beside the window while Bomi sat beside her. She started to get dizzy as flashbacks of how they met started to appear right before her eyes. She then decided to face the outside so that she can keep her heart at peace.

 

While the latter continues to be shy, Bomi started to feel the opposite. She doesn’t know where it is coming from but courage and honesty just continued on flowing inside her system. She is now feeling the urge to speak more, and she’s even feeling the urge to confess her admiration towards her. Bomi closed her eyes, trying to shut her system down but it only kept on getting stronger.

 

“I-it’s just like a few weeks ago…how we first met.”

 

“You…remember?” Chorong can’t help but turn around after hearing Bomi’s remark.

 

“Of course! How would I even forget that day…?” she smiled. “It was a special day for me since I met a very special girl.”

 

“Ah, I see…” she tried to sound uninterested; thinking that she isn’t the one Bomi was talking about.

 

The latter also zipped again, feeling like she’s already saying a lot of things that aren’t meant to be said yet. To escape awkwardness, she pretended to be busy with her mobile phone.

 

Both of them kept quiet the whole ride until Bomi noticed that Chorong already fell asleep and her head was bouncing on the window. She tapped the latter’s shoulder but she didn’t respond.

 

Bomi then prevented Chorong’s head from hitting the glass and slowly leaned it on her shoulder. She stared at the angelic face in front of her, unaware that the bus already went past her stop. She tucked the hair that was covering the girl’s face behind her ears and continued admiring the beauty right before her eyes.

 

Unexpectedly, certain words escaped uncontrollably.

 

“It was a special day because…I met you, Park Chorong.” She inhaled deeply. “I…I like you.” She whispered.

 

With a satisfied smile on her face, she leaned back on the head rest and closed her eyes, following Chorong in her dreamland.

 

 

After some months, Chorong and Bomi have gotten closer, thanks to Jung Eunji. Sure there were still awkward moments between them, but they can now handle and control themselves whenever something like that happens.

 

Chorong still sometimes asks Eunji to deliver notes for Bomi, but sometimes she’s the one who leaves it on Bomi’s things whenever she isn’t looking. Bomi on the other hand, chose to show it through actions but the latter is blind enough to not notice it.

 

“She left another note, Eunji-ya.” Bomi informed her friend who was playing with her mobile phone.

 

“Oh? What did she say this time?”

 

“I will be yours forever as long as you’ll be mine.” She read then pasted it in her planner. “Why do I have a feeling that ‘Tom’ is going to come out soon…?”

 

“That’s good then!” Eunji exclaimed. “Finally, you’ll be able to meet that person who likes you since last year.”

 

“Hmm. I think you’re right.” She pondered. “I think I have a way to nicely reject her then at the same time confess my feelings for Chorong.” She smirked.

 

“What will you do then?” Eunji was laughing very hard deep inside. She’s very amazed with herself that she managed to hide the truth from her two friends for almost 6 months.

 

“I’ll tell you when it’s time for us to meet.”

 

“Alright then.”

 

After class, Chorong and Eunji decided to hang out at the café near their campus before going home. On the other hand, Bomi stayed in the school because she needed to train for the upcoming competition next month.

 

“So, Bomi’s training every day after class?” Chorong asked as she sipped her Caramel Macchiato.

 

“Not really.” Eunji sipped her Green Tea Latte. “She said that her training days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. She’ll be with us tomorrow.”

 

“Ah…I see. Actually, it’s a good timing that she isn’t here with us right now.”

 

“Why? That’s a first from you.”

 

“Well…I’m planning to…you know.” Chorong took another sip of her drink.

 

“What?”

 

“You know…”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Confess.”

 

Eunji choked on her drink, making her cough uncontrollably. “You are going to what…?”

 

“I. AM. GOING. TO. CONFESS.” Chorong reiterated, stressing every word in the sentence. “You understand?”

 

“Really? Are you going to do it finally?” She leaned closer, interested with the details that her friend is going to share. “What pushed you to finally confess?”

 

“Well…I feel like I’m going to lose her if I let this go on longer…” Chorong’s face suddenly became dispirited. “I…I saw her with a girl the other day. They seem so close…”

 

“I thought you said that Bomi confessed to you already?”

 

“But that was a few months ago! What if she already likes someone else?”

 

“Yah. Describe me this girl you saw with Bomi.”

 

“Well, she looks like a foreigner.”

 

“What if I tell you that was her cousin?” Eunji made a displeased facial expression as she scratched her head. She sighed and gave a judging look towards her friend. “I can’t be wrong because I definitely know who you were talking about.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Stop assuming, okay?” She said as she flicked Chorong’s forehead. She then gave Eunji a death glare in response as she covered her forehead.

 

“Okay, okay. I have another one.”

 

“What?!”

 

“I saw Bomi with another girl in the convenience store.” Chorong explained to her friend who was eyeing her. “Her hair was short, and I saw her arm clinging around Bomi’s arm!”

 

“Fool. That was Bomi’s teammate.” Eunji sighed again and pinched Chorong’s cheeks. “And she has a boyfriend, okay? Ugh.”

 

“Yah, stop pinching me!” she complained as she slapped Eunji’s hands away.

 

“Look, Park Chorong. In a relationship, love isn’t enough. You also need trust, do you understand? You’re not even with Bomi yet but you’re already like accusing her of cheating…”

 

“I’m just…I’m just jealous, that’s all.” Chorong admitted. “I want to put my arms around her; I want to buy stuff in the convenience store with her…”

 

“I understand what you’re trying to say, but is that the only reason you can think off for why you wanted to confess already?”

 

“Of course not! I really, really do love Bomi and if ever you’re going to ask me why, don’t bother asking because I don’t think I need to have a reason for that. I just love her everything! Her precious laugh, her pranks and jokes, her dumbness…everything! And there’s no reason why I do. I mean, there’s a reason why you do something, right? And if you don’t have a reason to do that anymore, you’ll stop doing it, right? Ugh. Do you get my point?!”

 

Eunji just laughed at her frustrated friend, since it was the fastest she had ever seen Chorong talk.

 

“What?!”

 

“Finally.” She then smiled and held Chorong’s hand. “You said the words I wanted to hear.”

 

-

 

After a week, Bomi received the note she was waiting for. She placed the note in front of Eunji the moment she reached her seat.

 

“5 in the afternoon, rooftop garden.” She read while a smile was creeping up on her face.

 

“Eunji-ya.” Bomi held Eunji’s shoulders. “This is it.” She breathed deeply.

 

“I know. Now, will you tell me what you’re going to do?”

 

Exactly at that time, Bomi saw Chorong passing by outside their classroom. Even though she wasn’t looking directly outside, her peripheral vision works best when it comes to anything related to Chorong. She then gestured her to come in since the professor isn’t in yet.

 

“Hey, Chorong-ah!” Bomi called, acting all normal and calm.

 

“Oh?” The older girl went in and approached the two. “What’s up?”

 

Eunji just kept silent and kept an eye on the two.

 

“Uhh…are you free later? Can you accompany me at the rooftop?”

 

“E-eh…? Why?”

 

“Well, I’m meeting someone and I feel quite nervous so…maybe you can go with me? It won’t take a while, I promise.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Huh?” Eunji blurted, surprised at Chorong’s response since she knows about her plan for today’s confession. “I thought…Uhh, I thought you’ll be having a practice today?” She stared intently at Chorong, sending waves of signal asking ‘What are you doing?’

 

“It’s okay.” She replied with a confident smile, understanding what Eunji meant with that stare. “I can handle it.”

 

“That’s great then! Thank you!”

 

“No worries.” She smiled. “I better get going now, see you later.” Chorong then bid farewell and exited the room.

 

“Yah, why are you bringing Chorong with you?” Eunji asked, pretending to not know anything. “You’ll just humiliate Tom if you do that!”

 

“Hey, I won’t shove the fact into her face that I like someone else already. I have a plan already, trust me.”

 

-

 

15 minutes before five in the afternoon, and Bomi was already waiting outside of Chorong’s classroom with Eunji.

 

“Good luck, Yoon Bomi.” Eunji hugged Bomi after seeing that Chorong was already walking her way out of the room.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“I’ll go ahead now.” She said before leaving the two alone to themselves. Eunji smiled as she turned her back, knowing that tomorrow she can finally tease the two soon-to-be lovebirds.

 

“So…let’s go?” Bomi started walking while Chorong followed her.

 

The elevator ride from fourth floor to eighth floor felt like the slowest moment for Yoon Bomi. She’s sure that it won’t take a minute to get up four floors by a lift, so she wondered why it felt like years inside.

 

The ride passed without the two even talking to each other. Both of them were lost in their own little world when suddenly they were brought back to reality by an alarm coming from the elevator itself.

 

To Bomi’s disappointment, there was no one at the rooftop when they arrived.

 

“What is this? How come no one’s here…?” Bomi muttered to herself as she checked out the places near the entrance. She checked her watch and it was already five minutes past five.

 

“Maybe she’s just late. Let’s explore the area first.” Chorong suggested, luring the two-toned haired girl to the place where she’ll confess everything.

 

They pause once in a while to admire the beautiful flowers planted in the garden. Bomi ran here and there, while Chorong just walked behind her. Even though she was the one luring, she still chose to follow her behind knowing that no matter where they turn, they’ll surely end up at that spot.

 

Her head starts to get clouded when she realized that they were already near. Her heartbeat started to race once again as her palms began sweating involuntarily. The moment of truth was nearing, and the butterflies in her stomach rampaged like there was no tomorrow.

 

Slightly…

 

“Hey, do you think we should go back now? She might be at the entrance already.” Bomi said, her tone sounded worried. “What do you think, Chorong-ah?”

 

“Can we…at least complete the trail?”

 

Slightly…

 

“Wow…” Bomi exclaimed as she admired the scenery. They were already at the end of the track, and they were welcomed by a bed of mesmerizing pink flowers.

 

She then leaned forward, holding at the railings that were containing the plants and flowers. Bomi was very enticed that she didn’t notice Chorong standing only a few inches behind her.

 

“Next time, we should bring Eunji here.” She then turned around to face Chorong.

 

Bomi felt her system to shut down as she was caught off guard with the situation just now. Her heart raced, her mind went blank, her body got petrified, her skin started perspiring, and her face became as red as a ripe tomato. Everything around the two of them seemed to disappear the moment she felt something soft on her lips.

 

Chorong’s soft lips were on hers.

 

“I got you, Yoon Bomi.” The chestnut brown haired girl leaned closer and whispered.

 

“W-what…”

 

The shorter girl stepped back, allowing the disoriented girl to breathe and calm herself. She was blushing as well, and her heart almost pounded its way out of her chest when she decided to give Bomi a peck on the lips.

 

“I get nervous every time I think about you. You don’t know but my feelings for you just kept on growing.” Chorong began speaking once again, her tone filled with mixed nervousness and sincerity.

 

“The words I couldn’t say to you…My heart was shaking when I stood in front of you. It was because I really like you.” She continued, her fingers fiddling each other.

 

“I am Tom who will catch you, Jerry.”

 

“Y-you’re…Tom?”

 

It was at that point in time when Bomi became fully aware of the situation. She never knew that she was with ‘Tom’ all along these past few months. went agape, astonished with the revelation presented in front of her.

 

“Just by hearing your name, just by hearing your voice…it makes me feel good. I like you so much, Yoon Bomi.” Chorong went on her confession. “Shining star, you are my super star. No matter what anyone says, in my eyes you are perfect.”

 

“I will be yours forever as long as you’ll be mine.” She ended with a deep breath. After that, she avoided Bomi’s eyes and stared down at the rocks beneath her feet. “S-so…will you uhh…”

 

Chorong was cut-off when Bomi stepped closer and lifted her chin to close the gap between them, in response to the confession.

 

For them, spring came earlier than expected.

 

It felt like magic for the both of them, as they only see nothing but each other. The butterflies in their stomachs are now flying around them, finally free and out in the open.

 

Bomi then stepped back once again and reached for her love’s hands, sending sparks to each other. They both stared at each other’s eyes and smiled. Even though they weren’t saying anything at that point, the two of them were expressing what can’t be said through words.

 

“I never believed in love at first sight until I saw you, Park Chorong.”

 

-

 

“Really, now…I’m happy for the two of you but guys, I feel like a third wheel here.” Eunji complained as she walked behind Bomi and Chorong. The three of them were already on their out of the campus, and Eunji can’t join the conversation between the two love birds. “Whatever. I’ll just go ask my goddess on a date.”

 

“Why don’t you ask Naeun-ah to come with us? Let’s do a double date!” The girl with honey blonde hair turned around and asked.

 

“I agree. Besides, it has been awhile since we last saw her. She’s our friend too.” Chorong added and whined.

 

“Nah. You guys enjoy your time alone okay?” Eunji refused. “I want to enjoy this time with her too.” She giggled.

 

“Okay, okay.” Bomi hugged her friend. “Just make sure this time your date goes well, understand? I don’t even know why she’s always complaining to me about – -.”

 

“Shut up.” She interjected and held up a fist. “Go along now. Chorong, please bring your lover away from me before this lands somewhere on her body.” She showed her fist and jokingly threatened.

 

“Yah, Yoon Bomi.” Chorong tugged her girlfriend’s arm. “Let’s go now.”

 

The two bid goodbye to their friend who went the opposite way from theirs. They then headed to the bus stop and boarded one.

 

Just like the usual, Chorong sat beside the window, while Bomi sat beside her. Even though they were already seated, they never let go of their hands which were perfectly clasped together. Chorong leaned her head on Bomi’s shoulder while the latter leaned hers on top the older girl’s head.

 

“Bbom-ah…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Don’t you dare look at other girls, okay?”

 

“Yah, Park Chorong. Where did that come from? We just got together.”

 

“I’m just saying.” Chorong let go of Bomi’s hand and hooked her arm around hers instead. “Because you’re forever mine. Remember that.” She smirked.

 

“Wow…I never knew you’re this possessive.”

 

“Are you complaining?” She looked at Bomi with a pout on her lips.

 

Bomi on the other hand, just smiled and replied to her with a peck on her pouted lips. “I didn’t say anything.”

 

“Good.”

 

The two of them became silent, enjoying each other’s company. Bomi was just staring at their hands together once again, while Chorong is still cuddling her arm.

 

“Park Chorong…”

 

“What…?” she responded with a yawn since she was already about to fall asleep.

 

“You’ll only come to me, okay?”

 

“Fool. I won’t even leave your side anyway.” She giggled as she rubbed her eyes.

 

“Good.”

 

Dead air came in once again, killing their conversation. Bomi isn’t that sleepy yet, while the other one felt otherwise. Chorong’s eyes were already half open when her lover decided to bother her once more.

 

“Chorong-ah…”

 

“Let me sleep.”

 

“I love you.” Bomi responded and kissed her forehead.

 

Chorong giggled. She expected a random question from the tireless Yoon Bomi, but instead she received another sweet gesture from her.

 

“I love you too.” She then slapped Bomi’s arm before hugging it again. “Sleep.”

 

The both of them just enjoyed the remaining hours of the drive comfortably sleeping in each other’s arms. Once again, Bomi missed her bus stop but she didn’t regret anything. They savoured the moment, knowing that there will be more of this starting tomorrow.

 

“Bbom-ah.”

 

“I thought you wanted to sleep?”

 

“Last one…” She showed her puppy eyes as she pointed at her lips. “Please?”

 

Slightly…

 

Bomi leaned closer. “Last…what?” she whispered.

 

Chorong blushed. “Yah, you sound so weird.”

 

Slightly…

 

The shorter girl leaned a little bit closer and pierced her gaze right through her eyes. “What do you want…?” she whispered again, purposely giving Chorong chills down her spine.

 

Chorong could only swallow the lump on . Bomi teasing her that way makes her body petrified and feel weird. The thing that makes it worse is that she doesn’t know whether she likes it or not. She then slapped Bomi’s arm again and whined.

 

“Yoon Bomi. All I wanted was a peck on the lips okay? If you’re going to tease me like that then never mind.” She complained, talking like she was being chased by a cheetah. “You could’ve just – -“

 

It’s when she least expected it that she got what she wanted.

 

The whole ride was filled with laughter and happiness, not minding the eyes around them. They couldn’t care less anymore as finally they both got their happiness. The two of them savored the sweetness as they both opened a new chapter of their lives together.

 

A new chapter which started today and it will last until when their forever ends.