Part 1

Project Taohun

 

 

Sehun was just an average boy.

 

He was not overly smart or overly athletic, but he wasn't even made fun of or ridiculed. He was just one of those kids in school that are just in the background, it's not that people ignored him on purpose, he was just not memorable. He was too geeky to be in the popular crowd, but too popular to be in the geeky crowd. He was in limbo.
He did, however, have his small group of friends (if two friends and himself even counted as a group), Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.
Baekhyun was more of the joker in their group, always up for some good laughs. Sehun always had thought that if he had tried a little harder in first year he would've been in the popular crowd. He had the personality that was required, but didn't have the connections in the school for it. He was the one with the plans and the adventures that they could embark on, and it so happened that Sehun and Kyungsoo were there for the ride.
Kyungsoo on the other hand, was the responsible and mature one in the group (not that it required much considering the candidates). He was the one that always did his homework and let the others copy when they were too busy playing video games all night to bother with their education. He was the one that stopped the other two from doing stupid and reckless things like their 'brilliant' idea of  jumping from the second floor trying to test their theory that they would not hurt themselves. He was the one that would not have so much hesitated to punch them in the face if they were annoying him. He was also the one that had to get out of his house at two in the morning to pick them up from the city because, the genius that Sehun was, forgot his bus pass.
As cliche as it was to have a group formed from those personalities that was exactly the case here.
Like Sehun, those two were also on the same social status and they didn't really care. They had no need or want to climb up the school's social ladder like Sehun wanted to do. But sure, they didn't have the same motivation that Sehun had - he was in love with Huang Zitao, one of the most popular guys in school, even though he was a Chinese exchange student.

As cliche as it might sound that such a social insignificance had a crush on one of the kings of the school, that was exactly the case. It surely couldn't even be more cliche than the fact that Sehun fell head over heels in love with the other as soon as he laid eyes on him drinking his Starbucks coffee in the biology lab in first year. It also could not be as cliche than knowing that Sehun was Tao's lab partner during that year but, as cliche chick-flicks dictate, didn't have the balls to speak to the other at all during that time.
There was one incident were Sehun, being the nervous wreck he was, accidentally tripped over his lab coat and fell right on top of the poor and shocked Chinese exchange student. When they both collapsed on the floor their faces were only inches apart, allowing Sehun to stare in those beautiful cat-like eyes which he had only been admiring from afar. He was so lost in those orbs that he didn't even notice Tao trying to push him off of him saying that his leg hurt. Tao had to go to the hospital that day and turned out that his leg was broken from the fall and had to wear a plaster for a month. It was needless to say that Sehun's entire being felt like he had just committed murder. By the time that Tao's leg had healed, school had finished so Sehun had never the proper chance to apologise to him.


"Hyung" Sehun whined on Kyungsoo's shoulder, "please help me get Tao to like me"

Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo rolled their eyes, Sehun whining about his one-sided crush for Tao was a daily occurrence now. At times it wasn't even required of them to speak as Sehun would keep rambling on by himself for the entire time.

"How can I even help you?" Kyungsoo moved his shoulder so that Sehun's head would slide off.

"But you managed to get Jongin to be your boyfriend, hyung!" Sehun's whining voice cried out, "that's the best any of us ever managed. Is not like I can ask Baek-hyung on picking up tips!"

"Hey!" Baekhyun hit the youngest's head which made Kyungsoo chuckle in return.

"Sehun-ah, Jongin is only on the volleyball team, he's not the gossip life of this school. I couldn't help you even if I wanted." Kyungsoo reasoned with the love-stricken teenager.

"Does that mean that you don't want to?!" Sehun's head suddenly brightened up at the thought that suddenly entered his head.

"Oh please, Sehun" Kyungsoo massaged his temples in frustration, "we have been hearing you whine and whinge over this guy for years now. Don't you think if we could make you shut up in any way, we would?"

"But hyung!" Sehun's whiny voice sparked a flame in Kyungsoo's head that was close to making him blow but luckily it was contained. "I have to find a way for Tao to fall for me, otherwise I will die alone!"

"I seriously doubt that you won't be able to survive without Huang Zitao, Sehun" Kyungsoo sighed out of frustration, "I think some battles you have to know when to call it quits. I don't think that you and Tao are as fated as you think you are." Sehun pouted.

"Care to make this interesting?" Baekhyun spoke out after a long time of being quiet.

"What are you on about now?" Kyungsoo asked clearly pissed off that Baekhyun was instigating this Tao business to go on.

"Sehunnie, let's make a deal" Baekhyun turned to the pouty male that was now staring at him with big eyes, "for this next week both me and Kyungsoo will try to help you get your prince in any way necessary. We will work really hard, as you will need to as well, and try to build you in someone that will be worthy to date Huang Zitao. You cannot chicken out during this week, you must do everything exactly as we tell you. By the end of this week we will try to make Tao fall for you. However, if we are unsuccessful and Tao seems completely and utterly uninterested you must never speak of him again and admit defeat. Do we have a deal?"

"What are you doing, you idiot?!" Kyungsoo hissed at Baekhyun while Sehun stared at the table. "What even goes through your head?!" Kyungsoo hit Baekhyun on the shoulder in which the other hissed and Kyungsoo's face as revenge which made the other hit him in the arm continuously. 

A sound interrupted the other two bickering. They both stopped and stared at Sehun.

"What did you say?" Asked Baekhyun, his head in a headlock that Kyungsoo had him in.

"I said," Sehun let out a breath, "we have a deal."

 

 

After all, what kind of cliche chick-flick would this be without a chase?

 


 

 

sorry to disappoint..

COMMENT opinions please (⌒-⌒; )