Haunted

Haunted

                You look around, there's a deep grey fog surrounding you.  You walk a few steps, the earth melting below your feet before a wide twisted tree appeared in your path.  You make your way around it just to see a tall dark figure standing there.  Against your will your feet bring you toward the shape.  You look up  to see your friend Sungyeol looking down at you with terror written all over his face.  You sighed, but strangely, no sound comes out.  You knew that he was just as scared as you were.

                You walk side by side in the cold smog, only able to hear your sloshing footsteps, owls, and an occasional toad.  As you kept on, an eerie music became audible.  Suddenly, you were in a dark house, only lit by candles.  All of the walls were painted black and crimson red, and the floor boards creaked as you stepped.  You walk slowly, trying to find an escape as shadows dance past you.  A rotting smell passes your nose, You look around to seek out what it is; it surely isn’t the house itself.  Sungyeol jumps next to you and steps closer to your side, he stares at something.  You follow his gaze and trip.

                You wake up with a start.  Sunlight beating down into your room, covering your sheets.  It fills you with a warmth that you feel like you haven’t had for ages.  Your dream haunts your mind for some time before thoughts of Sungyeol shatter the rest of the sleep and stupidity from your head.  Where did Sungyeol come from?  It was that moment that you realize Infinite music still playing from your MP3.  That’s where he came from, but what about the smell?  You turn over to see a plate of overly cooked pancakes and bacon.  Your brother had tried to cook again.