Stay With Me Pt.1

More Than Seven Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson disappeared without a single trace. There was only ten minutes till 3am and I was still awake. PD-nim was still waiting outside and I was still on the first level. The PD decided to sleep in his car till sunrise. Not technically for Jackson though. He just couldn't be bothered to drive home.  He promise to call me if Jackson did turn up.

There was only one guy at the front desk at level one. I decided to ask for details as to where he might be. He must have been the only supervisor at this hour. He looked extremely bored and tired. He placed his phone back on table and went back to his novel. I made my way to the front desk, quickly taking my face mask out of my pocket. I quickly wore it in time as the front desk guy looked away from his book to stretch his arms. Great timing! I bowed to him and I think I frighten him (since I sneaked up without a single sound). Wouldn't blame him. I made no noise unless I needed to.

 

[ Key: Youngji (Bold) | Front Desk Guy (Italic) ]

 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine. What can I do for you at this time ma'am?"

"I'm looking for someone-"

"We're not supposed to give names."

"Oh I wasn't going to ask a name. Um... can I describe him? He's not very tall... he wore glasses... and a hat. Ugh, I'm not very good at describing ahahah um... Actually, did you see anyone walk out? Between 2:30am to now?"

"A group of girls were the only ones that left during that time. They were from level 5 and the security guards had to them away."

"Just girls? You didn't see a man walk out?"

"No, ma'am. I'm not very sure but I don't think I've seen anyone else walk out. No one has checked in either."

"Ah... thank you! Um... please continue your book."

"Yes, I certainly will."

 

I let out a yawn as I stepped inside the elevator. My eyes wanted to give up on me. I wished I could just jump into my bed and fall asleep to my heart’s content. I don't care if I had schedules. I wouldn't care if anyone needed me. I just wanted to close my eyes and rest.

That would be the best feeling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Climbing onto my bed after a quick shower felt amazing. I only had three hours of sleep but those three hours could be the best moments of my life. I set an alarm on my phone to make sure I wouldn't oversleep. I adjusted my pillows in a way it would be more comfortable. I switched off the bedside lamp and closed my eyes. It was supposed to feel wonderful and magical because finally! I got to rest! Heck I finally got to even touch the bed. But my brain had a mind of its own. I felt uncomfortable. Almost as if my body was upset that I've ignored a problem. “No one left the hotel?” I sat up and squinted my eyes; thinking hard what that could have meant. That means Jackson didn't leave the building in the first place. Ugh! Why did I just thought of this now? I quickly got up from my bed and grabbed my coat. I hardly closed my eyes but my stamina game came back strong. I realised I couldn't get a good night sleep unless I knew where he was. Seeing him safe and sound was the only way to reassure my heart that it's okay to fall asleep.

 

Think, Youngji, think! If I was Wang Jackson - and I didn't leave the building - where would I be? He would definitely not rent a room since he wouldn't have enough money. I remembered this because he would repeatedly complain to me how low his bank account was. He would probably be somewhere where it's nice and comfortable despite not being able to stay in a room. There was downstairs which had a kitchen but it's closed at this hour. Other than that... there was the rooftop. Level 9. The rooftop might not have walls, carpet or lights but it does have an open space. In other words, it had an open view that would be the perfect place to eye the city.

 

I took the elevator. I walked out of it to find a walkway and at the end led a door. I felt a little teary as my eyes led me to Jackson's direction. It was emotional seei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter