2.

No More

“I’m going to grab coffee downstairs. Want anything?” Junhyung asked the two before closing the door.

“It’s weird you asked. You know the usual, man.” Doojoon flickered two of his fingers like a king commanding his servant.

“Well, this is a real page-turner, hyung.”

“What do you mean?”

 “Junhyungie hyung barely says a word about Hara sunbae, and he’s just going to spill everything out?”

Doojoon patted his back. “For what I know, it’s great, considering the nights he cried because of her.”

Dongwoon snickered. “He did?”

“I don’t know if he did for nights, but one time I peeked on his door and I could hear him sniffing.”

Dongwoon’s eyes narrowed. “You creep.”

“If he could’ve closed the door properly I would’ve not assumed it, okay?” They did not even notice that Junhyung already arrived. Knowing that the both of them were caught, Dongwoon apologized, but Junhyung just shrugged it off, barely even caring.

“Take that back, kid,” Junhyung pointed his drink at Dongwoon. “I’m sorry for not being a hundred percent truthful to you guys.”

“Nah, we’re just jealous at that time that you had a girlfriend, and a pretty one at that.” Doojoon said.

“I’ll make sure she knows that.” Junhyung affirmed, and the two howled at his cheesiness, resulting to Yoseob sending them an angry ‘ you’ in the back.

He tapped the pencil on the words to guide the two men opposite of where he was sitting at. He felt slightly nervous; would he cry? Walk out? Close off the story again like he always did for the past years? Junhyung accidentally looked up and saw how two very different pairs of eyes showed sympathy. Neither Dongwoon nor Doojoon knew the right words to say, as they have never experienced what he had in a while.

“Thank you,” he said again. “But I think you’ve the right to know, so here it goes.”

There are a lot of good people next to you
It’s okay if you start a new love

“Tiger loves napping so much that I bought him a new carpet. Maybe he’d be friends with Hyungnim if they play together there!” Hara exclaimed happily and he laughed, finding it silly.

“She’s still pretty cute, but I can tell she’s matured,” Junhyung narrated while staring at the blinking cursor of his phone. He looked at Dongwoon, “She reads a lot like you do.”

 I’ll truly wish for your happiness with a smile
I keep seeing you wandering around

Junhyung was the last person to get out of the car, wanting to avoid her group. Doojoon felt his uneasiness and assured that a simple bow and addressing them as their seniors would do the trick, but what does he know? He clicked his tongue at the thought. He hasn’t had a girlfriend since we debuted.

He slumped his head on the desk last night, feeling bad that his pride got hold of him at that moment and instead, acted like a snob to the whole KARA. 

So I can’t start a new love
Oh yeah, at this late hour, you…

“At least I got to see her again.” He sighed, and then smiled at remembering her face full of glee, the opposite of when she opened the door for him and the night of March twenty-sixth.

I have no more warmth to share with you anymore
No more, no more, I’m not someone you can lean on anymore

Just this last time, Hara. He thought as he embraced her tightly in a way that he knew she loved.

I’m not worth the pain you’re going through.

But I’ll try to help you get through it. Another follow-up thought of his while he had her in his arms.

I’ll stay with you just for today, hurry and get up
I can hold out my hand but it’s just for today

“I’m okay now.” Hara assured as she wiped her eyes. Junhyung didn’t restrain from handing her his handkerchief, but he did stop himself from patting her wet cheeks himself.

We can’t go back, you know that
You can’t be happy next to me

“I can’t believe hyung can speak of this like he doesn’t care anymore.” Dongwoon murmured.

Doojoon hit ’s thigh. “Now, from this day on, Son Dongwoon, promise to me that you’d pay me ten thousand won if I get a girlfriend earlier than you.”

“Pay me times five since I’d get a prettier girlfriend than you.”

“Pay me a hundred because I’ll get a better girlfriend?”

“Apparently Hara was both of that.” Junhyung interrupted, and he turned his attention again to the blinking cursor.

I keep seeing you wandering around
So I can’t be at peace for a single day
So I can’t start a new love
Oh yeah, at this late hour, you…

Why did you come to me again? When it’s me who’s too cowardly to let you go?
I hear your sad cries on the other side of the door
Why did you come to me again? When I’ve already cooled down
I have no more warmth to share with you anymore

“Hey. Control yourself, dude.” Yoseob calmly stated his observation on Junhyung, who was gritting his teeth and turning his head slowly. “Did I miss anything?” He asked.

“He wants you to sing the whole song,” Doojoon said.

“…and it’s supposed to be sung in like Shadow.” Dongwoon finished his sentence, and the two high-fived.

“Dongni, isn’t it time for you to get the high parts? You’ve been improving really well.” Yoseob wittingly replied, and looked at Junhyung. “So how long has this guy been staring at his phone?”

Doojoon snickered. “Just like old times, huh?”

Yoseob laughed. “That’s why I didn’t pursue Eunji.”  

 “Ey, why do you guys say like it’s a normal thing?” Doojoon wondered out loud.

“You two would’ve looked cute together.” Their producer member stated.

“High-five hyung!” Dongwoon exclaimed.

“Okay, so as I was speaking of-“

“Ya, you don’t have to tell us every ing single thing about your relationship.” Yoseob forcefully said.

“I want to, since you guys need to put more emotions in your singing,” Junhyung replied. “I promise, I won’t make this song’s pitch higher.”

“I’m not after for that reason, but thanks anyway. I can do all of your songs, Yong. It’s been hard for you.” The three were appalled at the main vocalist’s answer.

“Group sharing feels good, doesn’t it?” Dongwoon rhetorically asked.

“I feel like this is a reflection circle that I used to do with my church friends.” Yoseob grunted.

“It’s surreal that he believes in God yet he cusses a lot.”

“It doesn’t sound threatening though.” Dongwoon added, and laughed.  

Please stop, I’m getting colder as time goes by
So I’m afraid that I’ll hurt you
Just live happily as if you have something to prove to me
No more, I’m not someone you can lean on anymore

“So let me get this straight: she got over you because of cats?”

“And books.” Dongwoon added.

“That’s why you should value Yanggaeng a lot,” Junhyung stated and looked at Gikwang. “Unlike that guy whose Bong Bong is now with Hyekwang.”

“WHAT?” An enraged Gikwang shouted, waking up Hyunseung.

“Why is everyone so cranked up today?” Doojoon exclaimed.

“Hyung’s always like that, hyung. We should tell beauties to take precaution of them.” Dongwoon replied and Doojoon nodded.

Why did you come to me again? When it’s me who’s too cowardly to let you go?
I hear your sad cries on the other side of the door
Why did you come to me again? When I’ve already cooled down
I have no more warmth to share with you anymore
No more, no more, I’m not someone you can lean on anymore

And when he explained the whole song to them again, he felt more confident that this would be a successful single, but more so that this what s said his masterpiece was, his final goodbye.

“So… that’s it.” Junhyung sighed, knowing that he has done well.

“As expected, it’s really good.” Gikwang said.

“If you caught up with Hara yesterday…wait, you met?” Hyunseung asked.

“Okay, how about this, Seung. Our dear producer here gives her flowers using the money that he’d get once this single goes out.” Yoseob suggested.

 Hyunseung’s natural wide eyes evoked no emotion as he sipped from his iced latte. “Yeah, but he could buy a whole truck of roses with that amount of money.”

“I can’t believe Hyunseung hyung is tolerating Yoseob hyung’s pranks.”

Gikwang slowly shook his head and stared. “I think he doesn’t even know that he’s getting punked.”

“Like you, at certain times.” Doojoon replied and got kicked in the leg by Gikwang. He rolled his eyes. “Ouch, Lee. That doesn’t even hurt. Anyway, who’s up for another round of coffee?”

“We haven’t even had lunch.” Dongwoon complained.

“Right,” he replied sheepishly and called for the noodle house on speed dial. “Can I order seven jjajangmyeons? The address is…”

“Seven?”

“For a spare.”

“Guess what he’ll call next.” Junhyung quipped, and did an impersonation of his bandmate’s voice. “Yes, is this the chicken store? I’d like to order two boxes of chicken. You have beer right? Yes, I have a membership card.”

“Ah, wait for a moment.” Doojoon paused and slapped the man sitting on his own chair. “Pipe down, will you?”

“Yeah hyung, I suggest you follow him. After all, he’s paying everything.” Dongwoon said.

Doojoon just finished the call with the man in the noodle store and snickered, “Who said that I’m paying for everything?” he pointed at all of them, except Junhyung. “You’re gonna chip in, all right?”

“But dude, you didn’t even buy me a salad!” Gikwang complained.

“I will!”

“, that’s going to cost us…”

“Yang, you’re the fourth richest kid here.”

“I agree with Doojoon hyung,” Dongwoon whispered to Yoseob. “And don’t you see? He bailed out hyung as compensation.”

Yoseob sarcastically replied, “So getting over an ex means chicken and beer for free?”   

“And jjajangmyeon.” Hyunseung nonchalantly added.