Love Potion

Love Potion

"You bought a ing love potion?" Kibum snorted, not even glancing up from his phone.

"The lady was really convincing, okay? I think she was actually legit." Jonghyun insisted, shuffling off his shoes and kicking the door closed behind him.

Kibum lounged on the couch, his legs dangling off the side. "Are you for real? That's all bull, just like tarot card readings and astrology."

"I'd like to inform you that as an Aries, my daily horoscope is always accurate."

"I'd like to inform you that as a human being, you're an idiot."

"Yeah, well, I'm your idiot."

Kibum finally looked up, tossing his phone to the side. "That's unfortunately true," he said, walking over to where Jonghyun was hanging up his jacket. "Now put that thing down. You've been gone all day." Kibum took the clear bottle from his boyfriend, replacing it with his other hand instead.

Jonghyun smirked, wrapping his free arm around Kibum's waist and drawing him close. "If you missed me, you could've just said so."

"Shut up before I make you."

"I'd rather you make me."

After ditching the bottle on the floor, Kibum, with pink tipped ears, did just that.

 ---

Kibum disentangled himself from his overly affectionate dinosaur, whose body emanated heat equivalent to a miniature sun. Groggily shuffling out of the bedroom, Kibum made a beeline for the kitchen, blaming his lover for his parched throat. always left him thirsty afterwards.

His foot collided with the bottle previously forgotten on the floor, sending it rolling down the hallway. He picked it up dubiously, skimming the label full of tiny text, but not recognizing many of the ingredients. "Dumb idiot got scammed," he muttered, examining the clear fluid. "It's probably just water."

Peeking down the hallway to make sure Jonghyun was still sleeping, Kibum popped the bottle open and took a sip. Frowning, he took another sip. This was honestly just water—and tap water, too, if he tasted correctly. "He better not have paid much for this," he rolled his eyes, downing the rest of the bottle in one shot.

---

"Kibum, let's watch a movie while we wait for our pizza," Jonghyun demanded, fresh out of the shower in a loose v-neck and sweatpants.

"Go make the popcorn," Kibum yelled over the sound of the hair dryer blasting in his face.

"Go make the popcorn," Jonghyun mocked in a shrill voice. He went to the kitchen anyway, debating between plain salt and butter or ketchup. He halted when something in the recycling bin caught his eye. "That sneaky bastard," he whispered, eyes wide as he lifted the empty bottle. "And he said it was bull!" He tried to decipher the ingredients, but gave up instantly upon seeing the wall of text.

He couldn't deny the fact that he was curious, though. When did Kibum drink it? How long did it take to kick in? Was it maybe an aphrodisiac? Oh, god. Jonghyun had never been so excited to stream a movie in his life.

---

"How do you feel?"

"What?" Kibum frowned around a mouthful of popcorn. "About the movie? It literally just started. How am I supposed to—"

"No, no, I mean, like, y'know...just...you. How do you feel?"

"I'm...good?" Kibum, snuggled in the crook of his boyfriend's arm, was thoroughly confused.

Jonghyun readjusted himself on the couch, shoving his cheek against Kibum's forehead. "You're not like, warm, or anything?"

"Oh. No, you're not suffocating me with your heat for once."

"I can't help that my presence usually leaves you flustered, but that's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?"

"Nevermind."

Ten minutes later, Jonghyun's eyes were still occasionally darting over to his boyfriend. Jonghyun liked to think of himself as a detailed person, and now he was scrutinizing every little action Kibum made. Did he just shift his legs? Was the potion finally having an effect? Was he brushing his hair back because he was antsy? Or, maybe he was nervous about the overwhelming love he suddenly felt?

"Hey, do you feel anything different?"

"Why? Did you just fart?" Kibum yelled incredulously, sniffing the air.

"I didn't! Jesus. I mean, like, do you feel strange?"

" Why the hell would I feel strange? Did you sprinkle my popcorn with crack?"

"Please. I wouldn't waste like that."

Kibum laughed, and Jonghyun, a little disappointed, pulled his lover closer. Kibum snuggled close, draping a fuzzy blanket over their laps.

"Can we make hot chocolate when the pizza comes?" Jonghyun wasn't even paying attention to the movie anymore. What was this movie even called?

"Hot chocolate with pizza? No, that sounds gross."

"You need to learn to live on the wild side."

"I do live on the wild side. I'm dating you, aren't I? That's basically living with the wild."

There was a moment of silence, and Kibum relished in the brief time allowed to actually watch the movie. He'd completely lost track of the plot.

"I just farted."

"Kim Jonghyun, I ing hate you."

---

Jonghyun sank into the couch after devouring five slices of pizza. Kibum was finishing up his third slice, and Jonghyun watched as his partner dipping sauce off his finger.

"You're too ," Jonghyun commented.

Kibum rolled his eyes. "You're just a ert."

Was Jonghyun imagining it, or did Kibum seem to on his fingers just a fraction of a second too long? Was this potion-induced ual expression?

"Are you ?" Jonghyun blurted.

"What?" Kibum choked on his pizza crust, coughing and spluttering, "We just had , you horndog!" He slapped his boyfriend's chest, demanding water.

Jonghyun grudgingly went to the kitchen, grumbling over how he wouldn't have to make the trip if they'd made hot chocolate like he'd suggested. He was disappointed he didn't have hot chocolate, and he was disappointed the love potion didn't work. He was just disappointed in general. He passed by the bottle in the recycling bin again, and made a face at it.

Kibum, understandably impatient as he was choking to death, stumbled after Jonghyun. He hopped from foot to foot as Jonghyun poured him a cup of water. "Hurry and drink! I'm going to pause the movie."

Kibum one shot'd the glass of water, and only after he escaped death did his eye catch on the recycling bin. . It all made sense. The glare he'd caught Jonghyun giving the poor bin, the weird questions he'd been asking, the are you ?—it all made sense.

Kibum stifled a laugh, picking up the bottle again. He had been right initially; drinking the potion had done absolutely nothing. In fact, he'd forgotten that he had even drank it. He examined the label more, bypassing the lengthy list of ingredients this time. He didn't even want to try to decipher that . However, on the very edge of the label...

"Disclaimer: Love potion effects are extremely potent and bear high intensity. Effects will fade after twenty four hours. Dangerous side effects include nausea, micturition...Love potion will have no effect on those with previously existing feelings of equal intensity as feelings created by potion."

The bottle slipped out of Kibum's grasp, dropping back into the bin with a clang.

"What's wrong?" A panicked Jonghyun rushed back into the kitchen with wide eyes, facing an equally shocked Kibum. Jonghyun watched, confused, as a blush rose in Kibum's ears and rapidly spread over his face. "What—are you still choking?"

Kibum rapidly shook his head, raising a hand to cover his face. The potion...he...towards Jonghyun...

"Love potions aren't real!" Kibum blurted, and stomped out of the kitchen.

---

A/N: I just finished my last exam today and felt an irresisible urge to write a drabble of my OTP! My birthday is coming soon and I'm super excited. Merry Christmas too all and as always, thank you for reading!