1/1

Run to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven years ago…

 

“James! You’re the best! How can you melt her rock heart? She’s in love with you now. Geez…!” Joon-young praised his best buddy as he plucked the guitar to generate some songs.

 

James smiled bitterly. He didn’t know how he should felt right now. Yes, he is happy. He won the deal and he already got the money yesterday. Besides, all his friends saluted him. However, at the same he felt guilty. He felt bad towards Uie. He also felt that he is the worst jerk ever. How can he play with his true love’s heart? Yes, he’s already fall for her. He’s deeply in love with her. He didn’t want to lose her. She’s half of his life now though they are not officially a couple. But, can he tell her the truth? The lies that he have been kept for eight months since the first day they met?

 

“You should treat me a dinner. I’ve help you so much. I got her phone number for you. I got every single detail about her for you. If you don’t want to bring me for dinner, at least please give me some of you money as repay. I helped you for that.” Joon-young smiled sheepishly.

“You annoyed me so much.” James rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

James took out his purse, taking some pieces of money from it. He counted the values in front of his buddy’s eyes. Joon-young looked as desperate as he was drooling for it. His hands were trying to grab the money from James’ hands. However, James was quicker than him. James played with the money as he tapped them on Joon-young’s head.

 

“! Give me the money. They’re mine!” Joon-young shouted in half mad as he kept jumping to take the money from James’ hands.

“In your dreams…” James scoffed.

“Yah, James Lee! Do you want me to tell Uie about your damn secret?” Joon-young threatened as he panted for some air. He fell on the floor, watching James in half mad.

“What secret?” James playfully asked the nerd Joon-young.

“About you making her as your toy? You won the deal and already got the money yesterday?” Joon-young said sarcastically, chuckling.

“! Here’s your money…” James cursed under his breath, throwing the money straight into Joon-young’s face.

 

Joon-young picked the money that scattered on the floor. He smelled and kissed them once he had done picking the money on the floor. James shook his head emotionlessly. Suddenly, they heard something fell on the floor. It was quite loud and it’s sound closer to them. James immediately ran to the outside of the class. And guess what? He’s dead. He’s totally dead meat. She’s already knew it. She heard everything just now.

 

“Uie, what are you doing here?” James asked, slowly he approached her.

 

Uie didn’t move an inch. She looked down at the floor, the lunch pack that contained foods, James’s favorite food; Bulgogi. James accidently stepped on the food while he was approaching her. He moved backward, looking at the floor wordlessly.

 

‘Bulgogi…? Oh, James! What’ve you done? She wanted to confess it. Now, everything is ended. Damn!’ James took a deep breath before he raised his head, looking straight into her face.

 

James sighed in despair. ‘She’s crying. I made her cry. This is my first time seeing her cry. You’re jerk, James. Totally jerk!’

 

“Uie, I can ex-” James’s cheek received a slap, he was being cut off.

“No need to explain. I’m done.” Uie uttered, getting rid the tears on her warm cheeks.

“I love you. I really love you. I didn’t tell lie. Please, trust me. I’m begging you.” James knelt down as he kept uttering his apologize.

“How can you expect me to believe you? After what have you done to me? It’s too hard for me to believe in you now, James. I’m sorry, I can’t.” Uie crossed her arms as she threw her looks at the outside.

“Uie, please believe me. I really love you. I’m sorry for tell you lies. I’m sorry for making you as my toy. But, trust me. Trust my heart. My heart didn’t tell lies. I love you, I’ve fall for you. You change me for good. You bring the lights and you lead me to a better life, a life with pure love and trust.”

“Look James, I’m sorry. I can’t. I can’t accept you though you already tell me the truth. You lie to me, you hurt me. And the worst thing ever, you made me fall for you. Geez! How can I fall for person like you? You are too mean and don’t deserve love. We’re done! No excuses and further discussion. I don’t want to meet you again. I wish we never meet again. And I wish you a good luck. Goodbye, James!”

 

And she left. She left him, forever. And they never meet each other after that. They never talk to each other. No more laughs, no more happiness, no more friendship and no more love. Not until 14th December of 2013.

 

* * *

 

Seven years later (14th December 2013)…

 

James plucked his guitar on the bed, trying to generate ideas for creating song. He let out a heavy sigh. “! I can’t!” He cursed under his breath, pushing the guitar away from him.

 

His hand tried to grab a picture on a table nearby. He looked at the picture wordlessly. Tears suddenly flowed down through his warm cheek.

 

‘I miss you. I miss you so bad, Kim Uie.’ James uttered.

 

He took out a ton of Uie’s pictures from his drawer. He always stalked about her life. He hired someone he trusted to provide information and pictures of her daily. Yes, he’s totally into her. He doesn’t want to lose her. He wanted to meet her badly, but he didn’t have guts. He felt scared that she’ll be hurt if they meet again.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry my stupidity. I’m useless. I’m a jerk.” James mumbled as he kept tapping his head in despair.

 

He brushed off the tears once he heard the door was being knocked by someone.

 

“James! It’s me, Byung-hee! Could you please open the door?” Byung-hee shouted from the outside of the room.

“Oh, Byung-hee hyung…! I didn’t lock the door and you can come in.” James replied.

 

Byung-hee quickly entered the room. He lied down on the bed once he made fist-bump with his one and only cousin. James smiled as he shook his head. He knew that his hyung is having a problem right now. He’s going to get married with someone he didn’t know. But, Byung-hee hyung looked so fine today. I mean, he didn’t show any sign that he refused with the marriage.

 

“Hyung… Are you okay? I heard about your marriage.” James tried to test his cousin.

“I’m fine. About the marriage, I think I’m okay with it.” Byung-hee smiled sheepishly.

“Why? I thought you didn’t like this kind of marriage.” James asked sarcastically.

“I don’t know. I’ve seen her. She’s the most beautiful woman in the world.” Byung-hee said like a drunken man.

“Hyung… Are you okay? You looked so weird. Who’s the girl you meant about?”

“My future wife… I’m going to meet her soon. So, could you please accompany me? I’m scared and nervous.” Byung-hee got up, sitting properly on the bed.

 

Suddenly, he saw a ton of pictures of a girl. He took one, staring into it. “Who’s she? You’ve all pictures of her. I’ve never seen her before.” Byung-hee asked curiously.

 

“She’s my friend.” James lied as his hands were busy cleaning the bed from any Uie’s pictures. He kept them in the drawer again.

“No need to lie. I’m your brother.” Byung-hee took one of the pictures that James already kept in the drawer. He smiled when he saw the picture.

“She’s pretty. She’s good with kids. Who is she? Are they her children? Are you in love with someone’s wife?” Byung-hee asked in half shout.

“Hyung… Please… I don’t want to remember her anymore. Stop talking about her.”

“Liar, you’re a liar.”

“No, no I’m not.”

“Yes, you are. Then, why did you keep a ton of her pictures in your drawer? If you really want to forget about her, then you should act like the real one.”

“Hyung… She just…”

“All your songs that you created are made for her, right?” Byung-hee made his own guess.

“Hyung…”

“You can tell me everything. You can trust me. I’m Byung-hee.”

 

James let out a heavy sigh. “Okay… She’s my…”

 

And he told Byung-hee everything that happened seven years ago. He told him about their first met, her likes and dislikes, about his deal and the day she wanted to confess. Yes, he clearly remembered that day. Uie is a shy girl. So, he never wanted to ask her to confess about her truth feeling. He just wanted her to give him a hint; something like his favorite and like. And that day, she brought a Bulgogi, his favorite food. And he realized that it was too late. She already knew everything. The only thing left for him was the hatred from her. Yes, she hates him. She didn’t want to meet him again.

 

“Wow! I’d never know that you’re so mean back then.” Byung-hee joked.

“I know… I’m bad. I played with girls and left them whenever I like. Now, I’ve already got the repay.” James sighed.

“It’s okay. It’s not too late for you to redeem your mistake. You still love her, so, you still have the chance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter