Final

I'm a Criminal

In Seoul

“__! Stop!” A young man screamed as loud as he can to you. You were the most wanted criminal because of a bad misunderstanding. He ran as fast as he can to get to you but you were faster. It was a good thing that you used to be a runner in middle school. He groaned as he kept running after you. He had to take you in. “Stop __!”

You dragged your feet, knowing that he no longer could keep up with you. You looked back to him for a slight second before you noticed a bus stop.

“Perfect.” You mumbled as you quickly ran towards it, not noticing cars coming thru the street but you made it anyway. You bought a ticket and stole a guy’s bag without him noticing and got in one of the bus.

He ran across the street to the bus but it was too late as a couple of bus started to drive off. He gritted his teeth as he ran his hands thru his hair.

“!” He mumbled and grabbed his phone, dialing a number. “She got away sir.”

You slowly looked out of the window, seeing him just standing there; looking around. You sat back, looking at the bus ceiling; hoping that they wouldn’t find you ever again. You were going far away. You weren’t a criminal at all. You were just a victim. You slowly calmed down for a while, hoping that Busan will help you start a new life. A better one. Your eyes slowly closed as you made your way back home to Busan with your sister.

 


 

A beautiful brunette walked out of her little cottage outside of Busan as she grabbed her broomstick that was in the corner of her porch as she noticed that her whole porch was dusty. She groaned as she started to wipe out all the brown leaves from her trees as well as some dirt. She suddenly heard light footsteps coming towards her. She looked up to see her big sister, her face slowly lighten up with happiness.

“__!” She shouted with relief as she dropped the broomstick and ran towards you, hugging you tightly. “I’ve missed you so much!”

A soft escaped your mouth as you dropped your bag and hugged her back tightly. You hadn’t seen her for years.

“Nana, I’ve missed you so much and you look so different. Last time I saw you, you were blonde.” You smiled at her for the first time after three years. A real smile from your face. You missed your family, mostly Nana.

She giggled lightly as she pulled away, looking at her big sister.

“Well, blonde wasn’t really me. Now this.” She grabbed a bit of her brown hair and smiled at her. “It’s more of me.” She laughed lightly with you. “So, no call or anything that your visiting?” She raised one of her eyebrows at you.

You giggled softly as you rubbed the side of your neck softly.

“Well, there’s more to the story Nana.” You softly whispered.

She looked at you confused.

“Come inside. We’ll talk about it with some food and tea.” She smiled softly at you as she walked inside with you. “Sorry it’s a bit messy. I’m no clean freak like mom.”

You looked around the place, seeing everything all scattered around. It was slightly messy just like how Nana likes it. It made you smile that you still had her in your life. Right now, she was your only family. You placed your bag on the couch as you walked in the kitchen, seeing her already heating up some tea. You slowly sat on a chair, playing with your fingers as you were lost in thought.

Nana slowly turned around, seeing you lost in thought. She grabbed a cup of her tea and sat in front of you, giving you a cup.

“So, tell me what happened.”

You took a sip of your cup as you looked at her, remembering what happened that day like it was yesterday.

“I’ve been accused of things I didn’t do. Stuff that still scare me.” You looked down, thinking that your life was over but then you felt Nana’s hand on top of yours. You looked at her.

Nana smiled softly at you. “__, we’re a family and we’re gonna fight this okay. I won’t give up on you.”

You smiled at her.

“Thank you Nana.” You slowly got up and walked to the sink, washing a couple of dishes with Nana; trying to forget about your problems. You glanced out the window a few times but then stopped and looked at a young man with a few kids; playing around. You managed to look down at the dishes, ignoring the scene in front of you. “I think I’m going to rest. Night Nana.” You pecked her cheek and walked to a room, sighing as you lay in bed.

Nana softly smiled at you as she watched you go into the room. She wasn’t gonna lose you. Not again. She finished cleaning up and walked into her room, crashing onto her queen bed, going deep into sleep.

 


 

Beenzino walked inside the barn, talking to his aunt but he suddenly got interrupted by a girl washing a horse. He stared at you for a bit then looked at his aunt.

“Who’s she and what’s she doing here?” He softly said, still looking at you.

She looked at you then at Beenzino. She giggled to herself.

“She’s Nana’s big sister, ___. She needed a job so I gave it to her. She’s such a cute girl.” She told him, still laughing at how Beenzino has been staring at you as she got a black stallion out from his place, sending it out to the field.

“____.” He mumbled to himself as he managed to make his way towards you. “Hey, you must be ___ right?” He gave you a small smile.

You turned to him, seeing that it was the same guy that you saw last night. You slowly nodded at him.

He felt weird that you didn’t give him a y smile or started flirting with him which he liked. Mostly all the girls around town would always flirt with him which he hated.

“Well, I’m Beenzino. I kinda own this daycare with my aunt.” He smiled at you, trying to make you speak out but he got nothing.

You gave him a small smile as you walked off with a white horse, sighing deeply. You didn’t want to make friends with anyone, at least not yet.

Beenzino looked at you as you walked off, curiousity written all over his face until he felt one of his horse’s head bumping against his. He shook it off as he chuckled at his horse’s jealousy and started to brush her hair, still curious about you. You wouldn’t talk to him which he found odd. Every girl would try to hit on him but you, nothing. It got him even more curious.

You smiled at the horse as you him softly, feeling like he was your only friend but you suddenly got interrupted by a bunch of young guys whistling and winking at you. You cleared your throat as you waved back slightly with a fake smile before you walked inside the barn, putting the horse inside.

“Seems like you got a lot of guys on your tail huh?” Beenzino stated, annoyed.

You rolled your eyes as you ignored him, grabbing your jacked and walking out of the barn. You walked towards Suki, the owner and Beenzino’s aunt.

“I found this on Saph’s food.” You placed a little rock on her palm. “There’s many more so I suggest you get some new food for them.”

Her eyes widen as she looked at you.

“Oh, thank you __! I’ll go get some tonight.” She smiled at you.

“I can go get some for you right now. It won’t be a bother.” You suggested.

She smiled at you as she looked thru her purse for money but you stopped her.

“Don’t worry about the money. I got it.” You smiled at her as you were about to walk out but you accidently bumped to someone which caused you to fall. As you closed your eyes, you waited for you to meet the ground but you felt nothing. You slowly opened your eyes as you felt strong arms around your waist. You slowly looked up to see Beenzino. “T-thank you.” You mumbled.

He stared at you, getting lost in your eyes as his face was so close to yours.

“It’s no problem.” He softly whispered and backed away a bit.

You looked down as you bowed at him before heading out the house.

He looked at you, watching you since it was the first time he ever heard your voice and it was so beautiful to him. He watched you walking off until you were out of sight.

His aunt giggled to herself as she saw him staring at you.

“You know if you stare any longer; you’ll probably scare the poor girl.” She joked lightly as she started to cook dinner.

He shook his head as he accidently bumped onto a table with a vase that crashed down to the ground, breaking into pieces. He groaned as he looked at his aunt who was smirking at him.

“Ugh, she’s unbelievable.”

“Don’t blame her clumsy.” She laughed. “I’ll clean it up and you cook. I’m pretty sure, you can do that.” She grabbed a broom and a plastic bag as she kneeled down and cleaned the mess up.

“Ugh!” He grunted as he started to cook while his aunt cleaned up his mess. “You know she doesn’t even talk to me. She’s weird.”

She threw the bag in the trash can and walked towards Beenzino, helping him.

“Really? She’s so cute and lovely. I like her.”

“She’s so weird! She doesn’t talk or anything. She just works and works. I mean, who does that?!” He stated as he started to cut the vegetables.

“That’s rare. Women nowadays aren’t like that. I’m surprised she hasn’t hit on you. I like her already.” She smiled as she started to boil the pasta.

“Yeah, she’s so cute and no! UGH!” He groaned as he sat on a chair. “Let’s just forget about her.”

“You’re the one talking about her.” She smiled at him, knowing that he already is starting to like you.

He rolled his eyes and shut his mouth because he knew if he started to talk, he’d talk about you. He didn’t know why he was like this with you.

 


 

“__! C’mon, we’re gonna be late!” Nana yelled loudly as she grabbed her purse and jacket as she waited for you, impatiently.

“I’m coming!” You yelled back as you walked out of your room, towards Nana. “Where are we going anything?” You asked as you walked out with her.

“It’s the annual festival of the summer!” She smiled sweetly as she linked arms with you and walked towards the beach. She looked at you, noticing that you weren’t too sure about going. “It’ll be fine __. I promise you.”

You smiled at her as you looked at how crowded it was. You gulped nervously as you turn to Nana that was already gone with some of her friends. You glared at her as you walked around, not knowing anyone. You nervously wrapped your arms around your body as you walked around but something catches your eyes. You walked to a part of the beach, seeing a couple of little kids dancing to the stereo. You smiled at them, watching them until a little girl started to pull you in, you giggled as you started to dance with the kids, not knowing it got more people’s attention.

Beenzino turned around, seeing you dancing with a couple of little kids with a smile on your face which made him smile. He loved how adorable you looked. He noticed more people came to watch you. After the music was over, everyone started to leave. He walked towards you.

“I didn’t know you had such cool moves, ___.” He smiled at you.

You looked at Beenzino then noticed some other people were still watching you. You gulped softly and saw some girls laughing at you. You quickly ran off.

“__! Wait!” He yelled at you then turned to see a couple of girls still laughing. He glared at them and ran off after you. He managed to grab your arm, making you stop. “Just ignore them __.”

You looked at him, knowing that he was the one that started all this.

“What do you want from me? Huh? You just had to open that mouth and ruin my night. Just leave me alone Beenzino!” You glared at him as you pulled your arm off his grip and ran off. You ran home, not wanting to spend any more time back there. You knew it was a mistake. You ran to your room and lay on your bed, not wanting to leave the room. You wanted to just stay there and sleep forever.

Beenzino stood there, watching you run off. He groaned as he ran his hand thru his hair. You were right. If it wasn’t for him, you’d still be having fun with the little kids. He sighed deeply about to go home but was stopped when one of the girls that was laughing at you earlier showed up in front of him. He sighed deeply.

“What do you want?”

“C’mon, baby. She’s just a loser, forget about her.” She gave him a wink as she wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling her body against his.

“Get away from me.” He pushed her away as he walked away, ignoring her yells.

 


 

It had been weeks since you’ve gone out. You have called Suki that you couldn’t go work for a while since you were since but that was just an excuse. You had no energy to go anywhere. Suddenly, you heard knocking on the door. You sighed deeply as you slowly got off your bed, rubbing your eyes as you walked to the front door; opening it.

“What are you doing here?” You softly mumbled, regret opening the door.

He looked at you as he gave you a small smile.

“Hey, I know I’m the last person you want to see but I just came to apologize for that night at the festival. I really didn’t mean it.” He cleared his throat as he tried to avoid eye contact with you. He hate apologizing.

You sighed deeply as you walked outside, closing the door as you nodded at him.

“I forgive you Beenzino and I’m sorry about what I said to you. I was just really upset.” You softly mumbled as you looked down.

He smiled at you as he took a step towards you but stopped when he heard a familiar voice behind him. He turned around, seeing his father.

“Dad? What are you doing here?” He asked confused.

He ignored his son’s question as his eyes were on you the entire time as he walked towards you, grabbing your arm as he dragged you towards his car and pushed you against the car, hand cuffing you.

“___, you are under arrest for destroying private property.” He said before he was about to push you inside the car until he noticed his son getting in the way. “Get out of the way, Beenzino.”

“No! Father, she didn’t do anything!” Beenzino yelled at him, grabbing your arm as he pulled you against him. He glared at his father. “Let her go!”

His father gripped on your arm, pulling you against him. You were quiet the whole time. You knew this time would come so you didn’t even have strength to fight it off.

“I can’t do that. These are my orders. I have to do this.” He slightly pushed Beenzino aside so he could push you in the car but he got in the way again. “Beenzino.” Before he could say anything, he interrupted him.

“Give me a few minutes with her then. Give me at least that.” He said, glaring at his father.

He slowly let go of your arm and backed away.

“Five minutes and then she’s off.” He said and walked off to give them some space.

You looked at his father then at Beenzino, confused at what he was doing.

“W-what are you doing?” You asked, trying to fight the tears.

He didn’t say anything. He looked at you for a second and grabbed your face with his hands on either side of your face as he crashed his lips against yours, knowing that he wouldn’t have another chance. He felt you kissing him back which made him smile as he deepened it before pulling away.

“I’ll get you out. I promise you okay.” He mumbled against your lips.

You looked at him, shocked at what he did.

“W-why would you want to help me? I-I’m a criminal.” You softly said as you looked down.

“Because I know that’s not what you are ___. You’re not the person they all accuse you of being. I’ll figure something out. I’ll get you out if it’s the last thing I’ll do.” He whispered as he rested his forehead against yours.

You couldn’t help but crash your lips against his again as tears ran down your cheeks. He saw you from within. The only one who did aside from Nana. He believed that you were more than what everyone told him about you. You never had anyone believe in you and there he was. Beenzino, the man who you grew to like but were afraid to be with. You felt his strong arms around your waist as he pulled you even close. You smiled as you suddenly got pulled away by his father.

“Time’s up. Time to go.” He gripped on your arm as he was about to push you inside the car once again but got interrupted by Nana. He sighed. “I’m sorry Nana but I have to take her in.”

“I have proof that __ didn’t do it! Take a look!” She showed him a video of the accident that she got from a good friend of hers. “See! It was those kids that did it. Not __!” She looked at him, pleading that he wouldn’t take you.

He looked at the video, seeing the whole thing then looked at Nana.

“Where did you get this?” He asked.

“I’m friends with the owner of that house. You see, she’s innocent! You can’t arrest her now that you’ve seen proof!” She looked at him.

He looked at her. “On one condition. You come with me so the court can see this and the jury will decide on __’s future.” He turned to you, taking the cuffs off you as he walked inside with Nana.

You rubbed your wrists slightly as you kept your head down but then you suddenly felt arms around you as you realized that it was Beenzino. You smiled to yourself as you immediately wrapped your arms around him.

He smiled at you as he kissed your head softly, not wanting to let you go. He just wanted to stay like this forever.

“We might now know each other that well but I want you to know I like you __. Very much.” He whispered softly as he looked down at you, staring into your eyes deeply.

You blushed softly as you stood on your tiptoes and kissed his lips softly before pulling away slowly. “I like you too Beenzino and I’d like that.”

He smiled at you as he grabbed your hands, interving them before they walked inside the house, happy that you weren’t going anywhere. You were gonna be by his side forever.