Final

My Only Wish This Year
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’m back with another one shot *trumpet sounds* this story is an AU Christmas fic since it’s Yule season already. This is pretty much inspired from the song ‘My Only Wish This Year’ by Britney Spears. XD (Play THIS for better reading ^^)

“Bold – Song Lyrics”

“Italics – Flashbacks”

My Only Wish This Year

written by: bluefloral

***

Last night I took a walk in the snow.

Couples holding hands, places to go

Seems like everyone but me is in love

Santa can you hear me?

 

Kibum walked along the snowy path and smiled at the feeling of pit-patting snowflakes falling. Today is Christmas eve and he decided to take some walk before celebrating it with his family tonight. He inserted his hands at his coat's pockets while glancing around the place; Christmas decorations lighting up the road, little children happily playing with the snow and couples holding their hands while walking. He shook his head when a faint memory flash backed on his mind, his hand caressing the pendant on his chain.

 

I signed my letter that I sealed with a kiss

I sent it off

It just said this

I know exactly what I want this year

Santa can you hear me?

 

 

Little Kibum smiled at the letter he was holding and kissed the seal of the pink envelope.

 

"What are you doing Bummie?" Jonghyun, his best friend and secret crush asked, sitting beside him

 

"Oh! Hi Jjongie, I was just writing a letter..." Little Kibum smiled innocently, his cute dimple showing, stuffing the letter at his back.

 

"What is that letter about?" Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows and went to grab the letter at Kibum's back but the latter run towards their house.

 

"Secret~" Kibum singsong while glancing back at Jonghyun. 

 

"Hey, wait!" Jonghyun rushed towards the direction of Kibum's house and opened the door, greeting Mrs. Kim on the way before opening the door of Kibum's room, the occupant of the room stuffing something below his pillow before whipping his head to the door.

 

"What's that letter about?" Jonghyun asked.

 

I want my baby (baby)

I want someone to love me someone to hold me.

Maybe (maybe, maybe maybe.)

He'll be all I hope in a big red bow

 

Kibum sat at one of the swings on his favorite park, reminiscing the times where he and his best friend play to their hearts’ content; the park that held most of his childhood’s wonderful memories. A place where he can smile and laugh with his best friend.

 

"Nothing, okay?" Kibum pouted and grabbed Jonghyun's hand, pulling him out of the room, the latter glancing back at Kibum's pink pillow.

 

"Mom, we'll just play at the park!" Kibum told his Mom who is baking something at their kitchen.

 

"Okay! Don't stay there too late. Take care of my baby, Jonghyun!" Kibum heard her before closing the main door.

 

"Yes Mrs. Kim!"  Jonghyun replied.

 

"Wow!" Kibum exclaimed when he glanced at the park before him. The snow was covering some of the fields and the sun is shining down on it, making it sparkle.

 

He ran to the playground's swing but, being the clumsy kid that he was, he stumbled to the park's snow-covered pavement and fell at the snowy ground, knees first.

 

"Bummie...!" Jonghyun ran to his friend. "Are you alright?" He said and helped Kibum to stand; the latter's eyes getting watery.

 

"You could have walked you know..." Jonghyun gently told the other. Some people staring at the two kids worriedly.

 

"I w-was just excited..." Kibum hiccupped.

 

"Come on, let’s go to the swing..." Jonghyun assisted Kibum to the swing and Jonghyun let the other sit while he pushes the swing slowly.

 

While staring at the area before him which is full of couples who spend the days at the park, Kibum questioned out loud: "Do you have any Christmas wishes?"

 

Jonghyun stopped pushing the swing and shrugged. "I don't know, I have my everything with me.."

 

Kibum glanced at him and tilted his head to the side. "Your everything? What is it?"

 

Jonghyun smiled and leaned closer to Kibum. "You..."

 

Kibum whacked Jonghyun's head with his right hand. "Don't say things like that, my heart becomes stupid." Kibum pouted while calming his unusual heartbeat.

 

Jonghyun grinned and faced Kibum who is staring at the ground. Careful to not let the other notice, Jonghyun crouched down and formed a snowball before throwing it to the sitting blond.

 

"Snowball fight..!" Jonghyun smirked and Kibum exclaimed. "Ya...!"

 

Thus the game began.

 

Santa can you hear me?

I have been so good this year and

All I want is one thing

 

 

"Ahhh, I'm tired..." Kibum said and rested his head at Jonghyun's shoulder.

 

Jonghyun smiled. 'At least he's with me today...'

 

“Wait, I have something to give you…” Jonghyun said and dug something out from his pocket.

 

“What is it?” Kibum asked excitedly.

 

“Here…” Jonghyun faced the other boy and raised his hand, placing a chain with a key pendant on Kibum’s neck.

 

Kibum stared at the pendant. “Why….? It’s not yet Christmas day…”

 

“Nothing, just a reminder of me to you…”

 

“Why do I have this feeling that you’re leaving me?” Kibum asked in a small voice.

 

“You know that will never happen, right?” Jonghyun smiled.

 

“Pinky promise?” Kibum held up his little finger.

 

“Pinky promise. "Come on, let’s go home now..." Jonghyun stood up.

 

"But my knees still hurt...” Kibum interjected.

 

Jonghyun crouched down. "Ride on my back"

 

Kibum eyes went wide. "Piggy back ride~"

 

After situating himself at Jonghyun's back, Kibum gently wrapped his arms around Jonghyun's neck.

 

After walking for a few minutes, Jonghyun started a conversation.

 

"I have to tell you something..." he started, not knowing that the other boy is sleeping due to exhaustion.

 

"Hmmm.." Kibum sleepily hummed, burying his head at Jonghyun's shoulder.

 

"My parents and I are going to England for good.." He said and bit his bottom lip.

 

The other boy didn’t hear him though; Kibum is too busy dreaming about what will happen tomorrow with his best friend.

 

 

Tell me my true love is here

He's all I want, just for me

Underneath my Christmas tree

I'll be waiting here.

Santa that´s my only wish this year.

 

Jonghyun knocked at the Kim’s residence. After a few seconds, Kibum’s mother opened the door.

 

“Hello Mrs. Kim…” Jonghyun greeted. “Kibum fell asleep again…”

 

Mrs. Kim chuckled. “You know dear, every time you accompany Kibum on the way home, he’s always sleepy. I wonder what would happen now since you’re leaving…” She smiled a little.

 

Jonghyun smiled and glanced at the sleeping Kibum on his back.

 

“I’ll just carry him to bed Mrs. Kim…” Jonghyun said and went upstairs.

 

“Okay dear…”

 

When Jonghyun entered Kibum’s room, he gently placed Kibum on the latter’s bed and adjusted the pillow, his hand brushing something smooth.

 

“This is…?” Jonghyun said once he pulled out the pink small envelope under Kibum’s bed.

 

Careful not to wake the other, Jonghyun sat at the end of Kibum’s bed and slowly opened the letter. After reading its content, Jonhyun shook his head and inserted it at his back pocket.

 

“We’ll see each other soon…” Jonghyun whispered and kissed Kibum’s forehead.

 

When Jonghyun closed the door of Kibum’s bed, he made his way to the kitchen.

 

“Mrs. Kim…”

 

“Yes dear?”

 

“Can you give this to Kibum tomorrow afternoon?” Jonghyun s

Please log in to read the full chapter