Hey Jiyong, I'm Seunghyun ( part 1 )

Happily ever after is not a fairy tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please remember this was before they met and it's Seunghyun's POV. I hope you will like it and enjoy! ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

The door was opened widely, that old man sat there, his back facing on me, he was so busy with the brush and canvas, seemed like didn’t aware of my presence.
I sighed, not because i was afraid of his anger that might attack me but somehow I felt very guilty towards him. I didn’t visit him when he was laying in the hospital two days ago, my job held me.
 

"Appa ..."
 

He turned around, our eyes met and I greeted him with a smile. Appa stood up, putting his brush on the table.
 

"I thought you'd never see me again." He sneered. I couldn’t blame him, he deserved to be disappointed or even angry. I looked down and then approached him. My father was pouring a cup of tea and I joined him, sitting side by side, staring out of the window. We were enjoying the beautiful view of the lake right in front of us.
 

"Hyeyoon Noona said maybe this time you would kill me, will you?" I grinned, trying to joke arround to make the tension between us eased.
 

Appa turned and scowled. "Well, I wish i could, but your mother will kill me first"
 

I giggled as I stared at my father's face. It’d been a long time we didn’t spend time together, my father was busy with his work and the same thing happened to me too. Being a detective forced me to always ready anytime in need and often in times that weren’t appropriate.
 

But I love my job ...
 

"How are you?" I put my cup on the table.
 

"Good" he smiled and turned to me. "That might be a sign that I should immediately quit"
 

I knew my father wasn’t young anymore, and we were very shocked, suddenly he fainted and have to hospitalized. He never complained about his body before. For him his company is everything.
 

"Maybe you should do it ..."
 

Appa touched my arm gently. "then help me, Seunghyun ..."
 

I frowned, I thought I knew where this conversation going to and it wasn’t the first time we talked about it.
 

"Appa ....,"
 

"You're my only son, my hope." He drew a breath.
 

"I can’t do it, you know that. My job ..."
 

Appa stood up, somehow he might try to control his emotions. It was very clear, he was upset.
 

"Quit..."
 

I turned my body, still sitting on my chair and staring at him. "No. I’m sorry Appa, I can’t"
 

This is my dream, you know it ...
 

My father let out his breath and sat down again. He sipped his tea, I was speechless. I didn’t want to against him, I didn’t want us to fight. Not because I didn’t respect him or love him but this was about my choice that I couldn’t throw away, my path.
 

"It's probably my fault. Left you ..., when you're too young ...," Appa bowed his head staring at the cup in his grip. "I made you this way. Strong and stubborn"

... Yeah, maybe you're right appa ...

 

---8---


My salary as a detective might wasn’t insignificant compare to if I worked with my father, and of course all of his wealth would be mine and my sister, he would give all of him to us. But it wasn’t my money that I was looking for, I felt, being a detective was my fate. In this way, I could help those who in need, seek justice for those who might have difficulty finding any. I knew maybe I was naive, people might be thinking that I was trying to be a stupid hero but I didn’t care. At least, I knew how it felt when you cried for help but everyone turned not to care.
 

It was painful ...
 

Indeed, my parents knew all my reasons, why I was so stubborn with this job. They were just worried, my job was quite risky and can bet my live, one day a bullet might shoot through my head.
They wanted me to have a normal life like most of the people out there, get married and build a family and live happyly ever after.
 

But life is not always like that right?

"He’s not back yet?" Youngbae’s voice made me turn around, he broke into the car and sat on the passenger seat next to me.
 

I shook my head and took a cup of coffee that he just bought me. We were keeping track of a house that was suspected that the owner was involved with a murder case we were handling in.
 

"This is really boring" I rested my back and then sipped my coffee.
 

Youngbae glanced at his watch and started to chew his donut. "By the way how is your father?"
 

"He's better. Aah ..., he invites us to go fishing this weekend"
 

"Yeah .., this is been the third time he asks us" Youngbae said feeling guilty.
 

I shook my head and pulled up my fingers, five! This is the five times. We almost never have time to satify him, our job really exhausted all of our attention.
 

"He asked me to quit. Again"
 

"And you're back to say no" Youngbae grinned and I sighed.
 

"You know what? He even asked me to get married"
 

Youngbae glared as if in disbelief. "With Bomie Noona?"
 

"Who else? I’m not a player, you such " I looked at him in sullen, Youngbae just laughing.
 

"Hyung, sorry, I'm not sure about that" Youngbae grinned, but his words were like so striking to me. "You're not ready for something serious, not now, I guess"
 

I straightened my shoulders, my attitude might signified that I was agree, I thought he knew it. I knew Youngbae long enough since we were in the academy, recently he became my partner for 6 months and started getting close. Our Chief paired both of us after my partner before moved to Jeju and Youngbae’s had retired.
 

I was not a person who likes to talk about my problems with others, you could say that I was very introvert but Youngbae made me felt comfort, though perhaps not all of secrets I told to him, not because I didn’t believe in him but I hesitate to burden him. Even so, I guess Youngbae smart enough to see through what was in my mind even though I shut off my mouth.
 

"We’re been dating for 3 months, what can I expect from it? I'm still looking Bae..." I said, perhaps a little defensively or rather justify myself. "like you said, not many women could be able to survive with our job huh?"
 

Youngbae nodded, he seemed like he was agree with me. "Yeah..., except my mother."
 

Sometimes I was envy with Youngbae, almost all of his family were the police. This job has to be requirement for him, but so far I thought he was enjoyed. So his whole family were very understand and concern, not like mine.
 

"And Dara too. If not, she would reject to marry you.." I smiled. My partner had just officially engaged, he would leave his bachelor status soon.
 

"I wish, my fate won’t be like my brother, ‘divorced’" Youngbae laughed and I just grinned. Suddenly Youngbae’s phone rang when he looked at it, he looked sullen but still answered the call.
 

"What? I'm busy!" His voice sounded quite loud. I frowned, Youngbae responded by moving his lips said my cousin. I nodded and sipped my coffee again and then took my eyes staring back toward the house in front of us.

"I can’t! Yaa! I don’t have time listening your new love story Jiyong! You can call Daesung ... Whatever! I hang up now, bye!" Youngbae really miffed.
 

"Your face.., so scary dude" I , laughing.
 

" Sometimes Jiyong is so stupid and childish. If he's not my cousin maybe I've swallowed him alive" he grumbled. But I guessed I should agree with him, that boy sometimes quite often disturbed him at the wrong time, at a few times I saw Youngbae getting annoyed because of him. And the same thing happened to Daesung too. That I knew was three of them pretty close. By the way I knew Daesung, because he was a prosecutor and because our job we met often, sometimes hang out together too.
 

I laughed again, louder this time,  "Sometimes..., I'm so curious, what kind person your cousin is"
 

"Don’t. It's better for you to not to know him. He probably will torture you too."
 


--8--
 


Bomie looked so beautiful in a purple dress, she always looked sweet maybe that's what made me interested in her.
 

"Morning honey ..." said her over to me, and I smiled.
 

I wrapped my arms on her hips and then pecked her lips, we looked at each other and then I smiled again. "We leave now?"
 

Bomie nodded slowly, I opened the door for her and soon we got into the car. It had been more than a week I didn’t see her because of my super busy job. Bomie actually was quite busy with her work too, as a model and maybe that's why she wasn’t too complain with our exiguous meeting. Sometimes I felt glad to have a girlfriend who was very understand of my situation, plus Bomie wasn’t a spoiled girl, she was very independent and mature. Hyeyoon Noona introduced us, Bomie was the model who acted for my father hotel’s CF. And my family liked her too, perhaps basically my family never complain with my girlfriends before, they always believed me that I chose the good girl.
 

To be honest ..., I'm a bit picky ...
 

After enjoying the breakfast together and talked about a few things, I drove her to a magazine office. She had schedule in there. I parked the car right in front of the building. Bomie took her bag but again her phone back to vibrate. She ever told me that one of the YG magazine’s staff kept asking her to come soon.
 

"They’re so fussy" she grumbled still busy with her phone.
 

"Cause you should be here since one hour ago" I said, smiling, she pouted.
 

"Great, this Mr Kwon is nagging at me now" Bomie showed me a row of messages on her phone but I didn’t notice very much what were written on it. I touched her cheek and kissed her.
 

"I really have to go now...."
 

I was a little disappointed but I couldnt blame her, and then I have to go to my office too. Bomie cleaned up the lipstick stain on my lips but again her phone back to vibrate on her lap. She grinned at me and I just could pout.
 

"Mr. Kwon you really , you know that"
 


--8--
 


"So which the team that will end up as a winner, Hyung?" Youngbae asked, his forehead puckered.
 

"I don’t know. I'm not a psychic "
 

"Come on. I can’t lose again with Daesung." Youngbae said, a little forced me to give him my answer who was gonna win at the football match this weekend. Just because I guessed right 3 times in a row before, maybe he thought I could see the future.
 

I laughed and got up. "Sorry, my vision screwed up this time"
 

"Damn you!" Youngbae throw a wad of paper toward me and I responded a loud laugh.
 

"Choi! Dong!" the shout made us shocked, Chief was standing in front of his room. "Why are you still here?!
 

Youngbae and I looked at each other. I waved at my boss. "Dont worry Chief, we go now!"
 

"Good! Report to me immediately" said Chief then went back into his lair.
 

Youngbae took his jacket and put it on. "you go first, I want to pee"
 

I snickered, Youngbae grinned for a moment then ran to the restroom. I wore my jacket and spend my drink.
 

"Seunghyun, someone looking for Youngbae in line 2" Changmin said to me.
 

"Who?"
 

"I don’t know. He said it's important" Changmin shrugged. I nodded and sat down again and then grabbed the phone in front of me and put it on my ear.
 

"You're an ! Why didn’t you pick up my calls?! Damn you! I need your help! What should I do Bae?!"
 

Someone’s voice in there attacked me in a row, he sounded very angry and scold me endlessly, even he didn’t give me chance to talk.
 

"Okay stop there!" I tried to interrupt him.
 

"Oh !" He was back cursing me. "You're not Youngbae"
 

"Unfortunately I’m not. I ---"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter