Final.

One Last Wish

Kyungsoo's breath could be seen in his cold dark room, his eyes felt heavy and his body weak. The only noise seem to be the sound of his heart beating in his ears. He could hear the children playing outside, their laughter loud and clear. It was Christmas eve and all her wanted was to be with his lover once again. Laying down he shut his eyes, heart fluttering at the thought of seeing Jongin once more. Soon his heart went from fluttering to shattering at the painful reality hit him, Jongin was dead. “It's my fault.” His own sorrow seemed to exhaust him as he feel asleep.

 

His dreams were filled with the good old days when the young man he loved was alive, when their lives were filled with smiles.

 

Kyungsoo found himself waking up to the seem of food cooking, the cooking smelled burnt. He wondered if he had left food on the stove or if the house was burning. Kyungsoo debated on getting up, he was tired at least if he fell back asleep he would die like that. As much as he welcomed that thought, he couldn't handle his curiosity and made his way down to the kitchen. His thin pajamas did nothing to keep him warm in the halls. The smell grew stronger and he could faintly pick up on the smell of bacon. Furrowing his eyebrows he entered the kitchen which was suffocating with smoke. An outline of a tall male, lean and thin could be seen rapidly trying to air out the home, mumbling curses under his breath. “Hello?” Kyungsoo probably shouldn't have talked, what if the person was a serial killer and used this smoke as a distraction to kill him. The thought sent shivers up is spine. Kyungsoo squinted his eyes trying to figure out what he could reach first, the broom or the phone. “Kyungsoo!” The voice sounded happy a bit worried, he knew that voice. He knew it so well. The voice pulled on the string of his heart and tears prickled at his eyes. “J-Jongin?” His voice was low, soft and frightened mixed with disbelief. The outline of the male quickly went to him and that's when he saw it. Jongin's beautiful face, his tan skin standing out against his pale skin. Jongin had his sheepish smile on and Kyungsoo reached out to touch him.

 

I'm sorry Hyung. I wanted to make you breakfast for Christmas.” Jongin started his smile looked nervous.

 

Kyungsoo ignored his comment and stared at the male, eyes wide and heart racing. He felt dizzy, he felt sick, he felt every emotion. He repeated himself, “J-Jongin?” Jongin looked at him with confused eyes that soon turned playful, “Yes, that's my name. Don't wear it out now.” Kyungsoo still couldn't believe it, Jongin, his lover, was alive. Alive and here. Kyungsoo could no longer hold his tears in and let his sobs break through his plump lips, his body shook and he fell to the ground, cried echoing through the house. Jongin looked at the male in surprise but quickly reacted, he caught the male half way and fell with him, both landing on their bottoms. “Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo ignored him and instead clung to the tall lean male, tears making Jongin's shirt damp. Kyungsoo's small hands bunched up his lover's shirt as he clung to him, mumbling apologizing and promises. “Kyungsoo, what's wrong?” Jongin was highly confused but that could wait, he needed to comfort the small male. “You're alive.” Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and a small laugh left his lips, “Of course, I am.”

 

How?” Kyungsoo asked as his sobs calmed. Although his emotions felt as if they were a storm on the ocean.

 

I don't understand.” Jongin said voice soft as he rubbed the back of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo lifted his head and looked at the incredibly handsome man, he traced each feature of the tan skinned male, his soft pink lips to his jawline and even had his eyes crinkle in the corner when he thought. Jongin was going to speak and ask if he was still tired but Kyungsoo cut him off with a kiss. There lips moved together just like they did before. The air around them became thick and Kyungsoo's heart raced. Jongin was the one to break it off, his eyes were soft and filled with sorrow. “I'm sorry Hyung.” He whispered, leaning his forehead against the other's own. “I don't have much time.” He added looking into the other's orbs. “Please understand that I love you so much. You were my everything.” Kyungsoo felt tears fall down his cheeks, Jongin kissed them away. “Kyunnie...” Jongin whispered with a soft chuckle knowing how much the male hated the nickname. Kyungsoo fisted his hands in the shirt of Jongin. “Try and move one, please. I hate knowing that you're sad.” Kyungsoo looked up as he spoke. “It's my fault.” Jongin shook his head, he planted a small kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead. “No it's not. It was just my time.” Kyungsoo wanted to protest but Jongin continued. “I love you so much Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo could see Jongin started to fade as if he never existed. He wanted to hold onto the male forever. “I love you too.” Jongin smiled, and his smile was the last thing Kyungsoo saw of his lover before he vanished into thin air.