02.

나의 오빠들 [My Brothers and I]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 02: Reply 2007

It was her 10th birthday.

Jieun woke up only to be greeted by her brothers and Yang Ahjussi wearing birthday hats. Yang Ahjussi was holding a plate on which a pretty birthday cake stood up with 10 candles attached to it lighting the room.

Happy birthday to you! 
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday our sweet little Jieun!
Happy birthday to you!

They all sang with their smiles still not leaving their bright faces as Jieun clapped her hands, loving her birthday surprise.

"Now get off your bed and blow the candles!" said the 12-years-old Seunghoon while tickling her tummy. Jieun giggled as she get off her bed. She was about to blow all the candles when the 13-years-old Jinwoo interrupted, "Wait! Don't you think she needs to make a wish first? Right, Ahjussi?" Yang Ahjussi just put on his fatherly smile as he nodded his head.

"Come on! Make a wish, Jieun-ah!" "Hurry! Hurry!" exclaimed Taehyun and Seungyoon who are the same age as her. Jieun closed her eyes and made a wish. She opened her eyes. "What did you wish for?" "Right, I want to know too!!" Taehyun and Seungyoon begged her to tell them her wish. "It's a secret..." She answered making them even more curious. "Just tell them or they will continue being noisy," said the cold 11-years-old Minho.

"Well I wish we will never be apart even after 10 years, 20 years or 50 years and grow old together as a happy family!" told Jieun brightly. "What a wish," responded Minho, coldly, as expected. "Why? It's the most awesome wish I've ever heard!" Seungyoon pleaded. "It must be my luck to have such adorable yet smart sister," exclaimed Jinwoo only to get laughed by Seunghoon, "You said that to admit that you're stupid, right hyung?" Everyone just laughed at his comment.

"Now I can blow out the candles right?" "Just hurry, you'll make the wind blow them out first before you," Minho replied her, again, coldly. "Ya! It's your little sister's birthday! How can you still be your cold usual self, chill out and have fun, bro!" Jinwoo shouted at him. "Enough, guys," Yang Ahjussi calmed them down. "I'll just go play some video games," Minho left the room. "Minho-ya!" Yang Ahjussi tried to stop him from leaving. "Just let him be, oppa is always like that, I think he doesn't like me," Jieun said referring to Minho.

"Excuse me, people, when are we going to blow the candles?" Seunghoon said returning the mood back. "Right! Here I go!" Jieun blow off all the candles in one go. "Now, let's eat the cake!" "This is what I've been waiting for!!" Seungyoon immediately run towards the dining room followed by Taehyun behind. "Guys, guys, no running please!" Yang Ahjussi said as he took the cake to the kitchen to cut it into pieces.

-

"Thank you for the surprise, guys!" Jieun thanked everyone while enjoying the cake. "No problem, we also had fun preparing for it!" Jinwoo smiled. "Guys, I will go to my room first, please s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter