1.

Second Chance


    He was shivering - cold as ice - feeling as if he is on South Pole, where nothing ever is present but only ice, only them encasing him in a cage of cold, cold, and cold.  He knows that he is laid on the floor but he couldn't bring himself to care. Why care if he has nothing?

    He shudders as an even colder pair of hands held him, slowly, tentatively - he can feel it, as those hands where he is very familiar with. Hands that used to caress and worship every part of him and his everything.
    He opens his eyes and he sees nothing but the perfect, perfect face of the man he loved - the man who loved him too, or so he thought. Until the man ended everything that they are in a simple "We are done" He still remember the pain of those words - calm yet it tore him apart, shredding his heart to pieces. He remembers as if it was yesterday. The hurt, the emptiness.
   The hand caressing one side of his cheeks pulls him back from his reverie. "H-hyukjae." blinking is hard for him right now, but he gathered the little strength he had to make clear of the man in front of him.

  *****************

     Hyukjae trudges his way lifelessly to donghae's - and his used to be - apartment. His sweet and innocent Donghae, but that was all in the past, for he concieved an unforgivable mistake to Donghae even he himself couldn't forgive.
     He finds Donghae sprawled out on the floor and unconscious. Panic and fear came flooding over him and he wraps his arms around his beloved - all the while wondering why do they have to experience such aweful love, when all they did is love each other and then the world disses on them.
     He was forced to abandon Donghae - it broke his heart, and wonders just how much did Donghae suffered. He nearly wept at the thought as he shakes him gently, afraid to break his Donghae - but he knows the other is broken already because of what he had done. He shed the tears he has been holding and cried even harder as Donghae whimpered, as the reality that he turned Donghae into this is stabbing his guts.
      He shuffles over to gently carry Donghae to his car and positioned him in the passenger seat. He started to drive - Donghae's right hand secured in his left.

     They arrived. He let the staff take care of Donghae and settled everything he needed. e waited for an hour and a half until the doctor came out. "He's dehydrated and on the dangerous stage of anemia. Based on his test results, he is suffering from great depression. If you had  brought him in later, he would not have survived." He said grimly. Hyukjae shuddered at the words - which didn't go unnoticed by the doctor as he gave Hyukjae a somewhat reassuring smile. " We'll do our best. He'll be fine. I assume you're involved by what happened to him?" 

             "I-i was the one who caused it, actually. Everything has been my fault" he answered as he choked out a sob. The doctor can only sigh pitifully.

      "He's not yet awake but you might want to visit him." Hyukjae heaved a sigh entered Donghae's room. He tiptoed his way to the latter's bed and peppered Donghae with kisses, long and passionate for each. He wiped a tear he didn't even know escaped and exited the room.

      He has yet to make a decision. As he took one last look at the man lying in bed, he knew he had decided. They will take whatever the world throws them. For their love. For their future. Him and Donghae.