Shinwoo needs his Skinny bloster and Jinyoung needs his bear...

Bolster, Bedspread, Bear, Boyfriend

That day was the day when they got a room rotation. After a long cycle finally it's Shinwoo turn to sleep alone. He's been waiting for this for quite long time since he always gets the latest turn. Finally a bed of his own, he can sleep well without Chansik's gritting teeth, Sandeul's sleeptalking, Baro's snores, and Jinyoung. Well, jinyoung sleeping habit isn't that annoying compared the other's. You can only get annoyed by his habit when you sleep next to him. Chansik said he's doing ballet in his sleep, Shinwoo agrees with that. Jinyoung moves a lot in his sleep and his moves are exceptionally annoying.

But that night instead of having comfortable and peaceful sleep, Shinwoo was wide awake. He had been sleeping on the bunk bed for too long so he felt lonely sleeping by himself. What he missed the most was the sudden warmth that often comes to him in the midnight. Usually it's around 1-2 hours after he fell asleep, there would be noisy rustling sound from the bunk bed next to his, opened and closed door and running water. The last noises were door closing and rustle, this time on his bed. Shinwoo immediately recognized the culprit by the shampoo scent on the head next to him. It's jinyoung.

He would snuggle into Shinwoo's arms. Shinwoo felt shocked at first and of course, annoyed by Jinyoung's infamous dream "ballet". But later he found it's comfortable to get extra warmth on the cold night and also Jinyoung’s scent always makes him relaxed. Strangely, Jinyoung's ballet was getting less annoying by his 5th or 7th visit to Shinwoo's bed. Shinwoo's body is basically what you call perfect to hug and snuggle to.

The clock on the wall shows that it was almost 2 am now, Shinwoo usually fall asleep around 12 pm, and Jinyoung will sneak to his bed around this hour. He thought it's impossible for him to sleep without any help. A cup of warm tea or milk might be helpful to cure his problem. Whether it's a fate or not, only God knows. Right after he opened the bedroom door, the bathroom was also opened. Revealing half asleep Jinyoung looked at Shinwoo who's frozen in front of his bedroom. He felt a bit shocked seeing Shinwoo coming from the other bedroom. It was the time he planned to sneak to Shinwoo's bed, but he then realized might be end up in the same bed as Baro. He disliked that idea. Several minutes passed as they staring each other in shock. To break the awkward silence,

"Ah, I forgot that it is your turn to sleep alone", said Jinyoung

"Y-Yeah..." Shinwoo didn't know why he stuttering.

"So do you need the bathroom?"

"Ah, no! I couldn't sleep a wink, so I thought I might need something warm to help me to sleep." Shinwoo reasoned.

"Do you need my help? I can make you cocoa or tea?" Jinyoung offered the help since he thought he might not be able to sleep as well. He felt discouraged to get back to sleep on his room; there is no Shinwoo in that room. No Shinwoo means no good sleep for him.

In the other hand, Shinwoo thought that sometime with Jinyoung near him before get back to sleep, could be great.

"Sure, that would be nice." he smiled at his friend. That smile gave Jinyoung warmth that spread throughout his body.

As Jinyoung proceeded the drink, Shinwoo silently observing him from the living room. He saw Jinyoung's thin back has changed to slightly toned one. He used to accompany Jinyoung on the gym, help him with the gym training machine, assist him carefully so he wouldn't get any injury. A hurting Jinyoung is the last thing he'd like to see. Jinyoung is so precious to him. Suddenly, Jinyoung turned around while holding 2 cups of hot cocoa. Shinwoo smiled as he received his cocoa, he could smell it. Jinyoung made his favorite blend, which is more like 80% cocoa and 20% milk. A bit darker than Jinyoung's 70:30 ratios.

So, Shinwoo decided it's his turn to break the silence.

"You made it the way I like. Thanks!"

"Ah, really? Actually, I accidentally added too much cocoa for my taste in the first cup which is yours. Then I decided to reduce the amount on 2nd cup. Well, I was lucky enough not to get confused and mixed the cups, you got your taste and i got my taste."

Shinwoo laughed at his explanation. There's obviously no such thing like he accidentally added too much cocoa. Jinyoung asked everyone about how they like their cocoa one time during one of their movie day. Since then he had made them the right composition of everyone favorite cocoa about 5 times before he started to forget and messed up again. But strangely Shinwoo always had his cocoa just the way he love it. He loved his cocoa even more since then.

"So, you always wake up around this time after a long schedule. Why?"

"I was too tired to get the right bedtime preparation before I sleep and ended up feeling uncomfortable in my sleep. So, I get up to pee and wash my face again before I go back to sleep You noticed? "

"Well, you can't really ignored it when after you go to bathroom, I got extra bolster on my bed."

"Ah, sorry for bothering your sleep, I just..." Jinyoung was looking for better excuse, "I just kind of lazy to climb up to my own bed."

Shinwoo didn't really like his excuse, how come he’s akways too lazy to get back to his own bed when he always snuggles to Shinwoo as if his life depended on him. But he knew better not to show his emotion now.

"So, you gonna hit Baro’s or Channie's bed after this?".

Jinyoung felt a bit taken aback by Shinwoo's statement. "I don't think so, I'm sober enough to climb up to my bed now. I have finished my cocoa. I'll just wash the cups in the morning." he said that while taking his and Shinwoo's emptied cups to the sink.

He embarrassed the fact that he just talking about his habit to hit on Shinwoo's bed. He's actually awake enough to go back on his bed. It's just Shinwoo's sleeping pose was so inviting to him to come to his arms, especially when they had a rough day before. You know the safe feeling you get when you come to your beloved after a tough day? That's exactly what Jinyoung feels when he is in Shinwoo's arms. He loved being in those arms which hold him secure, and wide shoulder to rest his head on. He loved the arms, the shoulder and the owner. So much that sometimes he might explode.

"You know what," Jinyoung was washing the cups, in contrary of what he said before about doing it in the morning, when he heard Shinwoo's saying something.

"I don't mind having extra bolster every night. It was warm and gave me relaxing sensation. I like it."

Jinyoung turned to Shinwoo, looking at him with serious expression.

"I love that skinny bolster." Shinwoo grinned at him.

His face was literally screaming disbelief. Did Shinwoo just saying what he always wanted to hear for years? He declared his love to a "skinny bolster" who was washing the cups and let the tap flowing through the sink without any purpose, since he's busy gawking at the long haired man who walked to his way.

"You shouldn't let the tap flowing when you finished washing the dish." Shinwoo turned the tap off.

Then he nervously started to speak again. "So what do you think? Care to be my bolster for like, umm...,  forever?"

Jinyoung got it; he calmed his heart down by smiling.

"But I definitely don't want just be a bolster to you. Can you suggest any better position for me?"

Shinwoo smiled widely in relief, "How about a position started with the letter B, ended with D, 9 characters?"

Jinyoung frowned for a while, thinking what word he should used to play the game. He understood what his cheesy soon-to-be lover mean. He just wanted to hear that word directly from him.

"Bedspread?", he chuckled a bit then grinned widely. Seriously if he doesn't love his other band mates and it wasn't almost 3 am, he will surely shout out his joy.

"Are you sure? I'm confident with my body mass and I'm not sure that squashing you on the bed that way is good for my body." Shinwoo faked his surprise and shrugged his shoulder on the idea of jinyoung become his bedspread. By this, Jinyoung couldn't keep the joy inside his heart anymore. He exploded and laughed to his heart content.

"See, that idea drives you insane! I know a better position for you."

Jinyoung's laughter has slowly calmed down. He's now chuckling lightly. Shinwoo moved closer, put his hands on Jinyoung's waist, "How about a boyfriend position? Will you be my boyfriend?"

Jinyoung lost of words; he just threw his arms arounds Shinwoo's neck and hid his face on the crook of the taller male neck. Then he mumbled something almost inaudible, "I love you so much!!"

Shinwoo tighten his arms around his beloved bandmate, "I love you too baby!"

After sometimes that felt like ages, they loosen their hug.

"I think we need to sleep, works wait for us in the morning. And a boyfriend to hold would be perfect." as he's done with his words, he planted a peck on Jinyoung's red lips. Jinyoung widened his eyes, for a moment he almost fainted by the surprise, then followed Shinwoo to his single bedroom.

Shinwoo's right. I'm about to fainted just now. Tonight is just too much for me; sleep with lovely bear embracing me definitely the best idea. I love you my bear. Jinyoung thought. That night, early morning, was the best sleep both of them get in years. They had a lot of special night in extra comfortable places. But, nothings beat the warmth you get when you're with your love of the life.

 

-Fin