You

You Again

“What the-”

Taemin scoffed and blew his locks away. He folded his arms and glared at that someone who just took his drink away.

“Ya!” He shouted.

“Me?”

“Yeah you!” Taemin took the drink from his hand and sipped it right before he had the chance to taste it. “This is supposed to be mine.”

The stranger took off his sunglass and stared back at Taemin.

“I think you got problem with your eyes.”

He hastily took Taemin’s sunglass off of his face, grabbed his hand closer to his face.

“Read.”

Taemin stared at the plastic glass and read it, Caramello frp.

“It’s not mine.” Taemin blinked rapidly.

That guy walked to the counter once again and took the drink Taemin supposed to take.

“You can take my FRAPE Caramello. I’m fine with your ICED Caramello.”

Taemin was dumbfounded. He was too embarrassed to even say sorry, he only mumbled lowly. It was all his parents fault. If only he wasn’t this angry, this embarrassing accident wouldn’t happen. He grunted and stomped out of the coffee shop.

 

---

 

Taemin stood with his nose flaring. He was still-mad the entire way from Seoul to Jeju Island. He brought his stuffs with him and stood next to the taxi stand. He then grabbed his wallet out. He got plenty of money; he was planning this since two days ago so he withdrew pretty much cash because he knew his father would block his credit cards and his accounts. Well, he was running away so it was normal for his father to get angry and do all those things. And yeah, now Taemin stood there, waiting for his turn to get a taxi so he could sleep and enjoy his last minute of freedom.

“This is mine.”

Taemin held the taxi door and glared at that someone who runs after his taxi. Taemin rounded his eyes in disbelief; it was that guy whose drink he accidentally mistook. Taemin smirked in satisfaction, now it would be his win, he thought. He had lined up and it was his taxi.

“This is mine.” That guy went inside and sat.

“Ya!” Taemin went inside too and sat next to him. “This is mine.”

“Get out.” That guy warned Taemin.

“Please go to this address, sir.” Taemin gave a piece of paper to the driver and he read it.

“No, please go to this address.” That guy gave a name card to the driver. “I called you first, didn’t I? Check the call history.”

The driver smiled and started the engine. “You both heading to the same hotel.”

“What??” They shouted in unison.

“Heol, I can’t believe this.” Taemin grunted.

“I can’t believe it either. You took my drink and now the taxi, next the hotel?”

“It seems like you’re tangled in some kind of fate.” The driver commented.

“Ahjushi!” They shouted at the innocent driver, who eventually laughed at them.

Taemin covered his face and started to mumble lowly all the way there. He was frustrated enough, he just lost his phone in the airport for your information and now everything bad seemed to come at him at once. Bad luck always works like chain, right?

“We’re here.” The driver stopped and smiled at both of them.

“He pays.” The guy pointed at Taemin and opened the door.

“No! You pay! You said you called the taxi.” He grabbed the guy’s bag and he forcefully thrown back to the seat.

“Half half.” The driver gave the solution to both of them.

They both sighed and agreed. They both walked into the lobby and stood at the reception desk.

“How can I help you?”

“I’ve booked a room.” They talked in unison.

“Ah~ you guys a newlywed?”

“No!” They both stared into each other and scoffed.

“Oh sorry, I thought-”

“Lee Taemin.”

“Choi Minho. Check my name.”

They glared into each other and made the receptionist flustered. He hurriedly prepared the room key and gave the two of them their keys before they burst out and ruined the peaceful lobby.

“Please enjoy your stay here.”

“If only I didn’t meet him again.” Taemin growled and left the desk, the other guy just scoffed. “Don’t you dare follow me!”

“Like I would.” That guy stayed behind, avoiding Taemin all the way. They wouldn’t want to be in the same elevator.

 

---

 

Taemin was lying in his room, his hand was itchy because his phone was missing. He was sure he put it somewhere in his bag but it was nowhere to be found. He should’ve listen to his friends about the phone chain or anything to secure his phone but all of it was too late, his cell phone was missing already.

“Anyway, that’s good.” He sat up and rolled over his bed. “No one would call me and I’m all alone! No GPS!”

He ran around his room and somehow he forgot a little of his burden in his heart. At least he felt lighter after running away from his house.

 

 

Taemin walked to the pool and it was quite empty, well not much of people who would swim at night. He grinned and jumped into it in an instant. He shouted happily and laughing like crazy. He swam around, playing with a slide which only kids were allowed to use and tried to open his eyes underwater.

He suddenly felt hungry and sat on the edge of the pool, he brought some sandwiches earlier. He shouldn’t waste much money on the room service or eating out so he brought it from the convenient store. He ate his sandwiches deliciously and lied down on the edge of the pool while his full stomach. He grinned.

“This is life. I have to enjoy this before I-” he gasped and grunted. “Gosh!”

Someone just jumped to the pool and splashed him with the water. He sat up and rolled his eyes, yeah someone just provoked his anger again plus that someone added enough spices to his anger. He waited to that someone who dove into the pool, swam around under water but that person never really stop. So he dove in too. He grabbed that someone’s leg and it surprised him. He spontaneously lost his breath and swam to the surface.

“Who the hell-”

Taemin laughed and yeah, his smirk dissolved in a second. That guy again.

“Are you mad or something?” That guy recognized him and pointed at his face. “You!”

Taemin scoffed and swam to the side. “Bad luck.”

That guy followed him to the side and stopped him.

“What do you think you’re doing? You almost got me killed!”

“You splashed my face. You did it in purpose, didn’t you?”

“Me?” He scoffed. “Who are you anyway? Why should I concern to disturb you?”

Taemin jumped out of the pool and grabbed his belonging but that guy held his arm and stopped him.

“What’s your problem?” Taemin yelled at him.

“I should be the one who ask you. You’re so suspicious. Why do you keep showing up in front of my face? Did my father send you?”

Taemin glared at him weirdly.

“Do I look like someone who knows your father?”

“You’re not spying on me, are you?”

Taemin stared at him in disbelief. “You didn’t seem to be important so why would I?”

Taemin pulled his arm from the tight grip and walked away. And he suddenly felt an extreme pain in his stomach. He fell hard to the floor.

“Ya!” The guy called him but Taemin was not answering him.

“Are you okay?” He held Taemin and Taemin groaned in pain. He got cramp on his stomach.

“You’re so...” That guy sighed and helped him to lie down on the wooden beach chair. “Stupid.”

Taemin was stupid, jumping into the pool with full stomach. The guy ran to get Taemin’s bag and took out his towel out and all of his clothes to cover him. He then ran to take his towel and his belongings as well. He took out a hot pack and put it on his stomach. He sniffed Taemin’s lips and Taemin was flustered.

“You just ate, don’t you?”

Taemin stared at the guy and pouted at him nervously.

“You could thank me later.” That guy chuckled at the hopeless Taemin. He then massaged his stomach carefully and Taemin hissed in pain.

But Taemin suddenly felt weird, the fingers on his stomach were gentle and it wasn’t that bad. Not as bad as what he thought, he thought that guy would be very harsh and rough.

“Y-you should stop. I’m better now.” Taemin tried to sit up but that guy held him in place, he held his waist tightly. It surprised him.

“Your abdominal muscle still contracting, idiot. Unless you want to stay up all night in pain, you can walk away.”

Taemin stared at him. “What are you?”

“A resident.”

Taemin unconsciously rounded his lips.

“Thank you.”

“Tch. You almost killed me but you made me help you.”

“I didn’t ask you to help me.”

“So I should just leave you?”

“You-yeah.”

“I’m a human. I have heart.”

Taemin knitted his eyebrows. He stared at the guy and looked at him carefully. He might be his bad luck but he was his saviour as well. That guy was not that bad, he looked stunning with his tall height and his body was nice and his eyes were big and he looked smart. If only he was single, he thought. Yeah, if only Taemin was single.

“Why are you looking at me that way?”

“Nothing.” Taemin looked away and stopped him from treating his cramp stomach.

“I’m not done yet.”

Taemin let go off his hand and let him treat his cramp a little bit more. Taemin slowly felt a hot blood rush to his face, luckily his pain was a great cover up to his reddened face.

“Get your clothes on.” He put on his bathrobe and waited for Taemin.

“What?” Taemin asked him. He put on his clothes with full of suspicion towards the guy.

“I’ll take you to your room.”

“I can go alone.” Taemin started to walk slowly.

“Don’t refuse my kindness.”

“I don’t need it.”

That guy sighed and took Taemin’s arm and circled it around his shoulder. He held his waist tightly and propped Taemin.

“I’ll make sure you pay all of my kindness before I leave this place.”

Taemin scoffed and walked inside the building together with that guy whom he thought was his bad luck. Like fate, they were staying on the same floor. And like fate, they were staying in the same corridor. Eat that fate, Taemin cursed.

“Make sure you take a warm bath. You better sleep right after it. Keep the air con warm you don’t want to die in young age.”

“Cramp won’t kill you.”

“Trust me, you better hear what I’m saying.”

Taemin went inside his room after short thanks. He closed the door and rested his back on the door. His heart was racing.

 

---

 

It was his second day and he spent it inside his room, he was too lazy to go out because his stomach was upset. He spent his day watching the TV and starved himself until his thought walking somewhere. It was about time his father started to look for him. He will be soon to be found and dragged away.

The hotel phone suddenly rang and it scared him.

“What? My father knew where I am already?”

Taemin jumped out of his blanket and crawled to the phone. He hesitantly took it and heard a greeting from the other side.

“Who is this?”

“Lee Taemin?”

“Who is this?”

“Ya! You don’t recognize my voice?”

“Kai?”

“Who else?”

“God! I thought you’re my father! Who told you I’m staying here?”

“I made the reservation, duh!”

“Ah... I forgot.”

“What happened to your phone? I called but someone else picked it up.”

“Someone took it? I lost it!”

“Tch. So typical of you. Anyway, he was in Jeju too so I asked him to deliver it to you. I’ve given him your address. He’s so kind.”

“Really??”

“Yeah, anyway... I got bad news.”

“What?”

“Your fiance.”

Taemin frowned. “I don’t want to hear it.”

“Bad news for your family but good news for you.”

Taemin stayed quiet.

“He ran away too. So actually, you two were running away. Funny isn’t it?”

“He did too?”

“Don’t you think both of you have something in common?”

“Shut up.”

The door bell suddenly rang.

“What?” Kai asked. “Did I just hear a door bell? You’re running away and yet you’ve found yourself a company?”

“I don’t know who’s at the door. Do you think it’s my father?”

“He’s not moving.” Kai answered him. “Your father did nothing until now. You know the five days rule. He won’t touch you in five days of your run away situations.”

“So who’s that?”

“Don’t ask me.”

“Hang up.”

“Ya!”

Taemin put the phone down and walked carefully towards the door, he peeked at the hole and groaned.

“What did he want?” He grunted.

Taemin opened the door and stared at the guy.

“What?”

“You owe me a lot.”

That guy from yesterday took out a phone he recognized.

“My phone!”

Taemin tried to take it but he took it away.

“I found this phone in the waiting room, I forgot to give it to the airport police and how could this be your phone?”

“Give it to me.”

“You...” He leaned towards Taemin and stared at his eyes, deeply. “Are you sure you’re not my father’s people?”

“What’s with your father’s people?”

He tilted his head and blinked closely in front of Taemin’s face. “You’re not lying, are you?”

“Heol.”

“But maybe you’re right, if you’re my father’s people you would already arrest me.”

“Are your father a gangster or what?” Taemin tried to take his phone but the taller guy hid it behind him.

“What do you want? Just give me my phone already.”

“How’s your stomach?”

“Fine. My phone.”

“This ‘dark kiddo’ guy keep calling your phone.”

“He’s my friend.”

“He yelled about you running away and not answering phone.”

“Not your business.” Taemin finally got his phone back and took it. “You’re not messing with it, no?”

“No. So, what’s with you running away?”

“Thank you. And bye.” Taemin was about to slam his door but that guy stopped him.

“Don’t you think you owe me a lot?”

Taemin grunted and opened the door. “What do you want?”

“Can I come in?”

Taemin rolled his eyes. “I’m not going to buy you anything if you by any chance want me to order things from the room service. I’m running away so don’t ask me to buy-”

“I won’t.” He scoffed. “Geez you really talked too much.”

Taemin watched the guy walk to the small chair next to his bed.

“It’s a little bit small.”

“I’m running away so I can’t afford something better and god how many times do I have to mention it?”

“Then can I ask something?”

“What?”

“Why are you running away?”

“Why should I tell you?”

“You owe me something. I found your story interesting, so I want to hear it. Besides, you don’t know me and so do I, your story will disappear as I walk away.”

Taemin thought deeply.

“So are you telling me to spill everything out to you?”

“Yes.”

“My personal life though!”

“There’s no way I would meet you in Seoul. Seoul is big. You won’t remember me either. I won’t tell anybody since I guess our life circle is different.”

“Well you got the point.”

Taemin sat on his bed and hugged his pillow.

“Your stomach still hurt?”

Taemin shook his head. “I’m a bit hungry.”

That guy laughed at him.

“What about you buy me a lunch?”

Taemin glared at him. “I don’t have much money; I don’t know until when I have to run away.”

“Should we starve then?”

“One meal per day. Yes.”

“So what’s with the running away?”

Taemin curled his lips into a pout and his eyes rolled as he started to open up.

“What’s your name anyway?” Taemin asked.

“Why?”

“I should know your name.”

“Wouldn’t it better if you don’t?”

Taemin started to think. He was right, he was a complete stranger and once he left, he would not attached to him and just think of him as a dustbin where he threw his problems away. That sounded good. He then nodded and started his story.

“Okay then, don’t tell me your name.”

The guy laughed. “So what’s your problem?”

“Do you know how hateful a family could do?”

“What?”

“Have you ever heard about a father selling his own son for business?”

That guy scoffed. “Yeah I’ve heard it.”

“That could be in many ways you know?”

“I know, such as pushing their kids to work on the other company or arranged marriage or-”

“That.”

“What?”

“I got my marriage arranged.”

“You are???” That guy stared at him deeply. “You? Really?”

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“You’re rich??”

“Heol! What’s with that question?”

He laughed.

“You’re not single by now?”

“What? What if I’m not single?”

“Nothing.”

“You got your marriage arranged?”

Taemin glared at the annoying person in front of him.

“Yes. Don’t look at me weirdly.” Taemin then continued. “I don’t even know who it was. It was long ago when I went to some kind of villa and met this hyung. Our fathers were dealing with something; I didn’t know that they were planning on our marriage. I was just 10 at that time.”

“Wow, and so?”

“Since then he was my fiancé. But never once I meet him after that night.”

“Why?”

“They said he studies abroad. And the point is, they said I will marry him soon. How crazy would it sounds? I never meet him! Not even a picture!”

“Very crazy?”

“Exactly.” Taemin sighed. “From what I heard he is a freak, people said he is strict and manner less, people said he is very ugly and short and fat.”

“Are you marrying an old guy?”

“He sounds like so, right? But no, as long as I remember we were two years apart.”

“But the description...”

“That stressed me even more.”

“So? What makes you run away?”

“Our marriage is just around the corner. It was so sudden and they didn’t ask my opinion about it.”

“Just around the corner?”

“In a month.”

“Now you’re here.”

“I know, I might be crazy to you but they were even crazier back there!”

“Parents hold the highest territory, I know how it feels.”

“No you don’t know.” Taemin stared at him. “You didn’t get your marriage arranged.”

“Say as you please but I know it very well.”

“Well let’s say so but can you even imagine living with someone you never know?”

That guy nodded. “It would be very awkward.”

“Not only awkward, it’s scary too.” Taemin sighed.

“Scary?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you afraid?”

“Think about this, what if it’s true? What people talking about. There wouldn’t be smoke without fire! What if that guy is a harsh man? What if he uses strength to handle every situation? What if he is a ty bastard? I don’t want to risk my life to someone I don’t know. Now tell me not to be scared.”

“You’re right. You might also wonder if you could be happy with him.”

“That scared me the most. I mean I’m fine with my father leading my life and all even though I didn’t ask him to, but this kind of problem is different.”

“And so you think it’s the best to run away?”

“Yeah... For now. I know I won’t have much time alone and have fun with my youth.” Taemin stared into the wide window behind that guy; he just went blank, deeper into his own thought.

“Let’s go out.” That guy suddenly grabbed Taemin’s head and pulled him up.

“Why do I have to go with you?”

“Because I’m going to make my days here memorable before my father’s people took me away. You won’t have these freedoms in the future too so you better come with me.”

Taemin smiled and slightly laughed.

“What’s with your father’s people, really? You keep talking about it.”

“I got situation too.”

“What situation? I’m not going before you tell me.”

“I’m going by myself then.”

“Wait!” Taemin grabbed his shirt. “I’m going to change. You better tell me what it is. I don’t like how you suspecting me.”

That guy scoffed and let Taemin walked to grab his jacket.

“I’m actually running away too.”

“What?!” Taemin asked in surprise.

“Don’t judge me, you’re in the same situation as I am.”

Taemin laughed and looked at that guy.

“What’s so funny?”

“You’re not that bad to be a company since we’re on the same page.” Taemin walked pass by him and opened the door. “Even though you’re annoying.”

“You’re waaaay more annoying.”

 

 

“Someone is performing on the street.”

“You want to see? I thought we’re going to eat.”

“It’s not like I’m going to stay and watch for hours.” Taemin glared at him.

“I hate crowded place.”

“No you don’t.”

Taemin walked towards the crowd and that guy was just speechless, he got no choice but follow him. Taemin stood in between the crowd and smiled happily as he listened to the song, it was his favourite song so he didn’t really care about the crowd that pushing him.

“Can you be a little bit more careful?” That guys stood just right behind Taemin’s back and grunted. Taemin stepped on him.

“Don’t blame me, they pushed, I fought with a little strength and I stepped on you.”

“I don’t mean that.” That guy glared at Taemin.

“Then what?”

“You might get hurt if you forced the crowd. Cam! This is why I hate crowds.”

That guy held Taemin’s shoulders tightly and suddenly Taemin’s heart dropped to the floor. His heart pumped too fast till it hurts and yeah fell down to the floor. That guy held him tightly.

“This is your favourite song?” He asked and Taemin nervously nodded because for God’s sake that guy was talking and breathing through his hair.

“You got great taste in music.”

Taemin lowered his head and his ears weren’t really listening to the music, he was listening to the breathing sound behind his ear and his own heart beat. He felt warmth because that guy’s broad chest was shadowing his back.

“What?”

“I’m really hungry. Aren’t you hungry too?”

Taemin sighed. “Let’s go then.”

“You’re not going to watch it till the end?”

“You said you’re hungry!” Taemin yelled at him in annoyance. He started to divide the crowd and walked out of it. That guy followed him from behind and laughed silently.

“I hate crowds.”

Taemin glared at him. “I hate you and all your nagging.”

That guy looked at him deeply. “Thank you.”

Taemin rolled his eyes and walked towards some kind of shabby restaurant.

“Let’s eat something cheap.”

“Deal.”

They sat and ordered some kimbap and soup for them.

“This taste good.”

“The soup taste better.”

The guy suddenly stopped and stared at Taemin.

“Eat, don’t look at me!”

“Taemin?”

Taemin glared at him. “Who?”

“Your name, it’s Taemin.”

“How do you-”

“That dark guy who called keeps calling your name.”

“So what?”

“It’s a great name.”

Taemin suddenly choked and coughed meanwhile that guy was laughing weirdly. Taemin kept drinking his water and that guy kept pouring his glass.

“Did I just make you flustered?”

“You can’t talk like that all of a sudden!”

“What? Should I warn you first? That I’m going to compliment your name?”

Taemin shook his head. “Don’t ever compliment me.”

“Fine. Like I would anyway.” That guy laughed.

“Should we buy some beer?”

“How old are you?”

Taemin glared at him. “25.”

“Let’s not get drunk. I don’t want to pick you back to the hotel.”

“Whatever.” Taemin raised his hand and asked for some canned beer. “I want to have fun and drink a lot before I have to go back to reality.”

 

---

 

“God! You’re annoying!”

“Talk to yourself.”

“Why do I keep meeting you? You ruined my days here.”

That guy dropped Taemin and walked faster.

“Yaaaaaa!” Taemin pouted and screamed at him. “Bring me back to my room-#8%;$(@;*&@(“

That guy sighed and stopped his step only to look back at the drunken Taemin who was sitting on the street with pairs of eyes watching him.

“Ugh! This is embarrassing!” He stomped and picked Taemin up from the ground and started to walk back. “Didn’t I say it beforehand that you can’t be drunk?!”

Taemin tightened his arms around his neck and kept falling into sleep.

“Troublemaker.”

 

 

“Where do you think you’re touching??”

“I’m trying to find your key room.”

“Don’t touch me!”

He touched Taemin’s pocket and Taemin hit his head. That guy only glared at him and kept looking for his key. Okay Taemin is annoying when he’s drunk. And quite dangerous.

“You like me, don’t you?”

Dangerous with his talking.

“The hell...”

“You keep touching me, you like me don’t you?”

“You’re drunk.”

That guy finally found the room key and they went inside. Taemin suddenly opened his clothes and threw it away. That guy flustered and looked away.

“Hahaha. You like boy, don’t you?” Taemin asked him. “Do you like me??”

Well, Taemin is dangerous with his talking and his drinking habit.

“I’m out.”

“Wait!”

Taemin ran towards the door and blocked his way. That guy looked away when he saw Taemin’s bare chest in front of him.

“You... Let’s date.”

“You’re a freak.”

“I’m being serious. Let’s date when we’re here.”

“You’re being serious while you’re drunk? Are you kidding me?”

Taemin shook his head.

“Actually I never date someone before. I want to date someone before I’m going to marry someone I don’t know.” Taemin pouted.

“I hope you forget what you just said tomorrow morning.” That guy pushed Taemin away from the door and shrugged off the stupid request.

“Since you’re annoying and I’m annoying to you, I won’t like you for real and you won’t like me too.”

Taemin grabbed his hand and clasped it tightly.

“Help me...”

“You’re crazy...”

That guy went out and Taemin chased him to his room. He slammed the door right in front of his face and Taemin whined pathetically.

“Let me in...” Taemin groaned to the door, half conscious. “Hing...” He scratched the door and kept knocking the door.

Well, drunken Taemin lost his mind definitely. He kept waiting until he fell asleep there. Yeah, topless. It was just after an hour the door was slowly opening. That guy rolled his eyes and poked Taemin’s back.

“You could get a cold if you sleep here.”

Taemin rubbed his eyes and stared at that guy. “Let’s date. I think I have to go in two or three days. My father will get me by then.”

“Then you’ll go away from my door?”

“Yes.”

“Fine.”

Taemin sat up in an instant and smiled at him. “Let me sleep here then.”

“No.”

“Wait!” Taemin held the door when it almost closed.

“What again?”

“I’m being serious so I hope you really take me seriously. Just two days. Please...”

“Good night.”

Taemin grinned and walked back to his room like an idiot. Even when he’s drunk he knew that his heart couldn’t hide the excitement of asking a stranger to date. And that guy looked so fine in his eyes so if his soon to be groom is ugly, he would think of that guy. Wait, he supposed to forget him though. Taemin shook his head. Yeah, he should really forget him and just remember the feeling of having his last minutes of freedom.

 

---

 

Taemin heard the door bell rang and buzzed and his head was heavy and his eyes also ears stung. He groaned and rolled on his bed. He threw the pillow beside him but it didn’t reach the door, of course. He hissed in annoyance and sat up.

“Who is it?”

And the bell kept ringing.

“Gosh!”

He walked to the door and peeked. He opened the door and looked out.

“What do you want?”

“Ya! Wear something!”

Taemin shrugged his head and looked at his body. And he screamed.

“Why am I in my ?”

“You drunk, you strip.” He flicked Taemin’s forehead and tried to get inside.

“Where do you think you’re heading?” Taemin stopped him.

“Inside.”

“Inside where? This is not your room.”

“This is my boyfriend’s room so I could get inside whenever I want.”

“Boyfriend?” Taemin mumbled and all the memories suddenly forcing into his head. “Oh god!”

“Yeah, oh God.”

That guy pushed and covered his eyes as he walked in.

“You agreed on my request?”

“So that you can get off of my door, yes.”

Taemin smiled like a retard and he peeked over his shoulder.

“So we’re dating?”

“Put away that freaky joker smile and take a shower! You stink!”

Taemin wrinkled his nose. “Tch.”

 

 

“I’m not dreaming.”

“Tch. So... What do you want to do?” He asked Taemin.

“Have you date before?”

“Yes.”

“What do you usually do?”

“Talk, walk. Hmm... Text and call. Maybe hold hands on some date.”

“What do you talk about?”

“Anything?”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know, it just flows like that.”

“I don’t like talking with you though.”

“Same here.”

Taemin glared at him and ruffled his wet hair with the towel faster.

“You’re no fun. I bet.” Taemin mumbled.

“What do you expect from dating?”

“I thought it would be all fluffy!”

That guy laughed. “Fluffy?? Wow you’re innocent.”

“You are not?” Taemin stared at him. “How far did you do skin ship?”

“Why should I answer that?”

“Heol. You probably had slept with someone.”

“Idiot. I’m not that far.”

“Kiss?”

“I’ve done that.”

Taemin rounded his eyes. He held his cheeks and stared at him.

“Is it romantic?”

“You want me to kiss you?”

“No.” Taemin answered him quickly, in just 0.1 second and that guy laughed.

“So what do you want?”

“For now, let’s talk and walk.”

“Okay.”

“Let’s go.”

 

 

Taemin and that guy walked around their hotel. The receptionist who took their reservation on the first day was looking at them weirdly. He saw them bickering but now they were laughing together, it freaked him out.

“So what do you usually do when you walk?”

“Talk.”

“What talk?”

“How is your feeling?”

Taemin stared at him weirdly.

“That’s a basic talk. Since I rarely meet up. You should really answer that now.”

“Ah~” Taemin smiled. “My head still hurt after the hangover.”

That guy laughed. “Who asked you to drink that much?”

Taemin stared at him weirdly, it was extremely weird how he suddenly sent off a gentle vibe.

“Are you always this good to your date?”

“I usually act like this.”

“Not to me.”

“It’s because you’re annoying since the first time we met.”

“I’m pissed off that’s why I’m being annoying.”

“But still, it felt awful when you suddenly throw your anger to people.”

“Well sorry for that.”

“But I think you’re not that bad as a troublemaker.”

“I am a troublemaker?”

That guy smirked and nodded.

“You’re a bad luck.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. You ruined my day.”

“But I helped you a lot too.”

“You don’t have to mention it.” Taemin rolled his eyes.

“Why haven’t you dated someone before?”

Taemin stopped his step. “No one ever try to get me.”

“Then why don’t you try to get someone?”

“I don’t know how.”

“Aigoo, Taemin-ah...” He patted Taemin’s hair.

“Ya! Why are you doing this?” Taemin stopped his hand.

“Because you’re too cute. Why won’t people fall for you when you’re this cute?”

Taemin’s nose flared up and he stunned.

That guy laughed seeing Taemin’s reaction. “Why?”

“I think my heart is going to burst. Is this what you feel when you’re dating?”

That guy smiled and shook his head. “Don’t fall for me. We’re just a temporary couple. You’re going to be married soon.”

“I-I won’t.”

“Promise me.”

“Sure.”

He took that guy’s pinky swear and they sealed it with their thumbs.

“But...”

“What?”

“It’s weird, I mean, I don’t know your name so I don’t know how to call you. It’s unfair that you know my name.”

“What do you want to call me? Honey? Yeobo? My love?”

“Ewwwh...”

“What then?”

“I’m 25. I think you’re older than me, no?”

“Yes.”

“Hyung?”

“Sure.”

“Now let go off my hand.”

That guy chuckled. “You don’t want to try to hold hands?”

Taemin stared into their hands and his eyes were pretty shaking. He was thinking if he could just grab it now or should he play hard to get. But he got no time. But he actually still feeling awkward.

“Later.”

“Okay. But I think next time I better not ask you.”

“What was that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.”

They walked out of the hotel and off into some kind of market where they sell lots of traditional snacks near by it. Taemin’s eyes sparked and salivating. He should save his money for few more days but...

“Why?”

“Let’s spend some money.”

Taemin smiled seeing all the foods in front of him.

“I have money too.”

“Then we should eat a lot until we couldn’t walk back.”

“Let’s do that.”

They walked from one stand to another. They ate a lot. Well they both weren’t a picky eater so they ate all.

“I don’t think I can eat anymore.”

“Me too.”

“Shall we sit somewhere?” Taemin laughed at him.

“Shall we?”

“Ice cream would be nice.”

“God Taemin-ah... I think you’re a great friend to eat together.”

“I ate a lot right?”

“I ate a lot too.” He took Taemin’s shoulder and pulled him closer. “Let’s buy an ice cream.”

Taemin’s heart felt warm and he smiled back at him.

“Even though this is awkward, I think it’s a fun food date... Hyung.”

That guy ruffled his hair and held him tighter.

“What flavour do you like?”

“Anything.”

 

---

 

“Wait!” Taemin rushed to the door, biting his cap while he tied his shoes.

“You don’t have to rush.” That hyung took Taemin’s cap and wore it.

Taemin stood up and he faced that guy. He smiled.

“Is this going to be a romantic dinner?”

“No.”

Taemin glared at him. That guy took off his cap and put it on Taemin’s face. Taemin could smell his shampoo.

“Let’s go.”

They walked on the shore and it was dark.

“Whoaaaa!”

“What whoaa? There’s nothing to see in the sea.”

“But there’s something to smell. The sea smell.” Taemin ran closer to the seashore.

“Don’t wet your shoes.”

Taemin twitched his nose and took off his shoes. That guy walked to the nearest lazy chair and put down his bag and Taemin’s shoes. He sat down and stared at Taemin. He then smiled and maybe giggled a bit seeing the silly creature who screamed as the wave caught his feet.

He then walked closer to the happy cheery and noisy boy and Taemin laughed at him. Taemin grabbed him by his arm and pulled him.

“Yaaa! It’s freezing cold! I thought it’s not cold. How you-”

“I’m a good actor, right?” Taemin laughed and pushed him deeper to the sea until he wet his knees. He then ran away.

“You!” That guy groaned and ran after him.

He grabbed his neck and did a fake choke. Taemin was laughing hardly like he was going to die from the laughter. Taemin was about to fall when he unconsciously hugged the older guy tightly and kept laughing. That guy stopped his joke after a short daze. Taemin grabbed his hand and took it off of his neck.

“I’m cold.”

“Who told you to play with the water?”

“Okay now I’m trembling.” Taemin giggled.

That guy stared at him. Taemin awkwardly stopped his giggle and cleared his throat. His temporary boyfriend smiled at him.

“What, freak? Your eyes freaking me out.”

“You’re pretty...”

Taemin’s heart stopped for a while. This is why he hates compliments, moreover, stupidly, from this guy.

“...in the dark.”

“Heol.” Taemin’s nose flared up and he hit his arm in annoyance.

That guy laughed and ruffled Taemin’s hair. “You don’t blush, do you?”

“Of course not!”

That guy walked towards their belonging and Taemin followed him from behind. That guy chuckled secretly because he definitely saw a slight tint on Taemin’s cheeks.

“Sit down.”

That guy pulled out the other lazy chair and patted it.

“What are we going to eat?”

“I brought chicken.”

“Beer?”

“No beer.”

“What??”

“No alchohol for you.” He took out a can of beer for himself and Taemin’s eyes followed that tiny silver can.

Taemin scoffed. “So unfair!”

Taemin took a small part of the boneless chicken and shoved it into his mouth. That guy opened the can and Taemin couldn’t ignore the sound. He pouted and that guy laughed at him. He teased Taemin and sat closer to him.

“Go away.”

“Why?”

He took Taemin’s cap and wore it backward. Taemin only glared at him. That guy giggled and took another sip of beer before he took a pack of wet tissue. He started to wipe his hand and suddenly he held Taemin’s hand.

“At least clean up before you eat.”

He wiped Taemin’s hand and Taemin was blinking fast. Sometimes that guy by holding his palm tightly before he cleaned it seriously.

“The other hand.”

Taemin was flustered and so he gave his hand without any comment.

“Wow, you’re good at dating, are you?”

That guy suddenly laughed hard. “Why?”

“I’m just saying.”

“Your heart race?”

Taemin scoffed and laughed nervously. That guy stared at him deeply and Taemin looked away.

“You shouldn’t avoid my eyes. Couples look into each other eyes often, you know.”

Taemin rolled his eyes and stared back at him. “When can we eat? Tch. I thought this will be a romantic dinner like in the TV.”

“Drama? That’s so unnatural.”

That guy took his bag and pulled some kind of jacket and put it on Taemin’s wet legs.

“You said you’re cold.”

Taemin shook his head. “Wow I’m sure you had a lot of boyfriends in the past.”

That guy glared at Taemin and then smiled. “Let’s eat.”

They started to shove the chicken and enjoyed their windy dinner. Taemin sneakily reached for the beer but that hyung slapped it away and shook his head in disagreement. Taemin scoffed and continued with his chicken.

“One sip.”

“No.”

“One gulp.”

“Really...”

“Urgggh!”

Taemin kicked his legs to the air and rested his back on the chair.

“I won’t get drunk with just one sip.” He mumbled cutely.

“Gross... I hate aegyeo.”

“Tch.”

“Are you done with the chicken?”

“Yes. Why?”

“Let me wipe your hand.”

“I can wipe it myself.”

That guy smiled and Taemin had no choice but to let him.

“The more you do this my head keeps telling me that this is just your modus to hold my hand.”

“Correct.”

That guy suddenly slipped his fingers in between Taemin’s and held it tightly. That guy smiled.

“We have to progress fast if you want to feel how dating feels like in just two days.”

Taemin stared at their hands and exhaled loudly.

“Why?”

“I thought I wouldn’t be this nervous.”

That guy lay back to the chair and sat closer to Taemin. He smiled seeing how Taemin’s fingers awkwardly spread in his grip.

“Is this considered as dating to you, hyung?”

“Not really.”

“Not really?”

“Yeah, we don’t like each other.”

“You’re right.” Taemin agreed on him, sat back and they both stared at the sky.

“Wow the stars.” Taemin gasped.

“You can’t see anything here but the stars. Amazing, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Last night I saw this from my room when I’m considering if I should sleep or not or to ignore someone who scratched and groaned in front of my door.”

“Me?”

That guy chuckled.

“I thought I will come to the beach and watch the stars until I fell asleep.”

“In the beach?”

“Probably.”

“Are you mad or something?”

“No.”

“You’ll freeze the next morning.”

“I brought blanket.”

“Wait, you’re not going to ask me to sleep in the open just to stare at the sky, are you?”

“If you can ask me to fake a date, why can’t you do this favour for me?”

“But this...” Taemin started to mumbled lowly.

“It’s okay if you don’t want it.” That guy held their clasping hands and gently taught Taemin how to hold his hand. He folded Taemin’s fingers one by one.

“No. I’ll do it.” Taemin looked at their hands and he tightened his grip shyly.

“Really?”

“Hmm. Since you’ve done a lot to help me.”

That guy was busy with his bag and took out warm blankets and a beanie. He let go their hands for a while and Taemin felt weird as the breeze blew his sweaty palm. That guy put the warm beanie on Taemin’s head, making Taemin’s heart warmer and sat closer until their bodies stuck to each other and wrapped themselves with the blankets.

“Warm enough?”

“Yeah.”

“I can hug you if you still cold.”

“Tch. No thanks.”

Taemin let that guy took his hand again, to be held.

“The stars here different than in Seoul.”

“They shine brightly here.”

“It’s because Seoul has too many skyscrapers and lamps, they cover their brightness.”

“Yeah.”

“But, anyway... Your marriage...”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Why?”

“I want to forget about it for a while.”

“What do you think will happen?”

“You want me to go now? Okay then.”

“No.” He held Taemin’s hand tighter and laughed. “I just want to hear your opinion.”

“Why? You’re interested in my marriage?”

“You could say so. I’m interested in your story. Let’s just say that.”

“Why? Why are you interested in it?”

“I don’t know. I wonder what I should do if I were in your position.”

“You probably will have a better choice but I don’t.”

“Yeah, so what would you do from now?”

“Just accept it. What else that I could do?”

“You just accept it?”

“You want me to do something?”

“No...”

“Well, since I don’t know what kind of guy he is, I will just have to wait and see.”

“And so?”

“We will have the first meeting soon. I heard he was in Seoul and will meet as soon as possible.”

“And when you meet?”

“The marriage will still happen.”

“It’s suffocating. I can feel it.”

“You know nothing.”

“Haha. You don’t even know me.” He mumbled lowly.

“What??”

“Nothing.”

“What?” Taemin glared at him.

“So what will you do? You’ll end up marrying him.”

“I’ve been thinking a lot. First, I need to see him. If his first impression is good then I’ll try to accept him. If he’s not good, I’ll act cold.”

He chuckled. “Will that be as easy as what you said?”

“It probably won’t but I got no choice.”

“I hate hearing that you got your marriage arranged.”

Taemin stared at him suspiciously. “Why? Don’t say that you’re in love with me already.”

“Aigooo...” That guy hit Taemin’s head.

“Ya!”

“You’re really something.”

“But really, why?”

“Hmmm... Let’s just say I know a friend whose marriage got arranged, just like you. It was very similar so I know how you feel. He did the same. He ran away for a while just before it coming. He got no choice but to do the marriage either.”

“Your friend?”

“Yeah. That’s why I try not to ignore you. Because this friend of mine almost thinking something stupid like wanting to kill himself because he opposed the marriage.”

“I’ve thought of it too. I really want to die too, you know... I hate living under my parents’ hand. I don’t have mine. I feel pathetic.”

“I know. I have my life controlled by my parents too.”

Taemin chuckled. They paused and were caught in their own thought for a while. Until Taemin shifted and stared at that guy.

“Glad I could talk about this with someone who understands.”

“Yeah... You’re not bad as a companion.”

He slipped his hand on Taemin’s head and pulled it to his shoulder. Taemin rested his head awkwardly.

“Thank you for agreeing this weird star gazing request, Taemin...”

Taemin smiled nervously and nodded. His heart went all pumps up. The night was getting darker and the wind was getting stronger. Taemin felt sleepy but he didn’t know if he could sleep in this kind of situation. He only glanced at that hyung, who still looking at the sky without saying anything.

“It’s too quiet.” Taemin commented.

“You want to talk?”

“I don’t know what to talk about though.”

They smiled secretly.

“My neck is hurt.” Taemin sat up properly and that guy turned to Taemin.

“It’s because you’re too stiff.”

That guy suddenly let go of their clasping hands and slipped around Taemin’s waist.

“Come a bit closer.”

Taemin was surprised and held onto his shoulder tightly. They were too close now. Taemin was hardly breathing as that guy held him closely to his chest.

“This is hugging.”

He pulled Taemin’s head to his crook and he gently hugged Taemin. He wrapped both of his arms around Taemin.

“A big warm hug won’t make your neck hurt.” He chuckled.

Taemin was trying not to breathe loudly on his neck.

“This is weird.” Taemin closed his eyes.

“Weird?”

“Hmmm.” Taemin sniffed in some of his scent and sunk his face deeper to his clothes. “Very weird.”

That guy felt Taemin’s body tightened around him. Taemin was hugging him too, tightly. He couldn’t hide the smile anymore. And he could feel Taemin’s heart beat on his chest.

“Your heart is pounding.”

“I can’t even breathe properly. So shut up.”

“Is this your first time hugging someone?”

“Not really.”

“Except your friends.”

“Not the first time.”

“Who?”

“A girl. I never felt like this before.”

That guy chuckled. “She hugged you.”

“Yes.”

Taemin slowly becoming more relax and clutched to that older guy’s shirt.

“You want to drink a sip?”

Taemin looked up to him and stared deeply.

“Can I?”

“It will warm you up. The night is getting colder.” He put the canned beer on Taemin’s cheek and Taemin took it.

“I really can drink this?”

“What? I thought you’re crazing over this.”

Taemin smiled and took one sip. “One more sips.”

That guy laughed. “Drink as much as you want. I still have few in my bag.”

Taemin laughed. “Really?”

“Drink a lot, so that if I kiss you later on you won’t really remember.”

Taemin went blank and pulled himself away.

“You’re kidding me.”

That guy chuckled. “Why?”

“You’re joking.” Taemin tried to slip off of his grip.

“No. If you want me to kiss you then I’ll kiss you. I’ve agreed on this stupid idea and why do this half way?”

Taemin’s heart stopped. “Then you’ll be my first kiss.”

“You could say so. Or you could ignore it and think that you’ve never had one. I’m nobody, remember?”

Taemin was thinking hard, his heart raced and his head went blank. This is way too far from his imagination of dating a stranger. If he did kiss him, Taemin would never forget him for his entire life. He would be the first and there’s no chance he would forget about him.

“Tell me, how to forget you if we did that?” Taemin asked him.

“That’s why I offered you to drink. So you might think of it as a dream.”

Taemin gave in as that guy pulled him into his embrace one more time, Taemin hesitantly hugged him back. He was worried.

“But let’s not get you drunk tonight. You barely recover from your hangover yesterday. Not good for your intestines.”

Taemin opened his mouth. “Ah- I forgot that you’re a resident.”

“Tch.” He giggled and playfully hit Taemin’s head. But then the hand stopped there on Taemin’s head, he was his hair carefully.

“You could sleep first if you want to.”

“No. Still going to capture this moment and keep it in my memory. I don’t know if I could do this with my soon to be husband.”

“You can if you guy fall in love.”

“I hope he’s not as bad as what people said. I barely remember him, I was so small when we met. I think he’s not bad in the past.”

“Yeah, he’s quite cute in the past.”

“Huh?”

“Nothing.”

“You’re mumbling something.”

“No, you got it wrong.”

He patted Taemin’s head and tightened his hug. It was warm, for both of them.

 

---

 

Taemin rubbed his eyes and slowly opened his eyes. The sun burnt his eyes and he was surprised.

“Heol! Where am I?” He sat up.

“Oh you woke up already?” A sleepy head was peeking from under the blanket beside him.

“I can’t find your key room so I brought you to my room.”

“You pick me up?”

“Hmm.”

Taemin jumped out of the bed and looked for his cap. “Where’s my cap?”

“Why?”

“I hide my key room there.”

“Unbelievable.” That guy muttered. “I’m looking for it all over your clothes.”

“You what?”

“I’m searching it all over your body.”

“You!” Taemin glared at him. “You touch me!”

“Not exactly.”

“Tch.”

He roamed around the room to find his caps. And once he found it he took out a card that he slipped on the backside of his caps.

“You’re going to your room?” Said the husky sleepy voice.

“Yes.”

“Then give me a hug.”

Taemin glared at him.

“Oh come on! We’ve done it the whole night. Remember?”

Taemin scoffed and walked towards the bed. He opened his arms to reach that guy and once he sat up to welcome Taemin, Taemin gasped.

“What did you do to me?” Taemin crossed his arms on his chest, he retreated himself from hugging that guy.

“Nothing.”

“You’re topless.”

“See the pillows between us? I did nothing.”

Taemin then twitched his nose. “Okay I believe you.”

Then that guy pulled Taemin into his embrace and sunk his face on Taemin’s crook. “Good morning, fake boyfriend.”

Taemin’s hair stood up in an instant. He heard the older guy hummed on his crook. Taemin was speechless.

“Are you sure you’re not growing some affection towards me?” Taemin asked him.

“Why?”

“How could you do this so naturally?”

“Because you... I don’t know...” He giggled on Taemin’s crook and tightened his hug. “I honestly found you adorable now instead of annoying.”

“I always adorable if you know me.”

“Haha. Yeah, like now. Squishy.”

“Ya!” Taemin protested as that guy pulled him to lay down. “It’s getting more suffocating now.”

Taemin’s heart stopped as they were hugging on the bed. He was barely wearing any clothes and Taemin could feel his breath on his crook. Taemin didn’t know where to put his hands and so he just raised it. He felt that guy’s hands around his chest and waist and it was extremely suffocating. He could only see the crown of that guy’s head but Taemin was sure that he was smiling.

“I have to pee.” Taemin mumbled.

“What an excuse.”

“I really need to go.”

“Why?”

“I-”

That guy giggled. “Your heart is beating hard. I could hear it.”

“Don’t tease me. Anyway, you don’t?”

“No, me too. Try to feel it.”

Taemin let out a heavy sigh as that guy tightened their hug. “I can’t even breathe properly.”

“Are you sure you’re not falling for me?”

Taemin stunned at the question. “That’s my question, hyung.”

“It’s quite hard to ignore your interesting personality.”

“Huh?” Taemin asked him in puzzle.

“I said I found you interesting. I want to know you more.”

“You shouldn’t.” Taemin gulped as he felt that guy his back gently.

“I know.”

“Ya! Didn’t I say it to you beforehand? That we’re too irritating to each other so that there’s no way we could like-”

That guy suddenly tilted his head and placed a soft kiss on Taemin’s collar.

“You said.”

Taemin froze. “What did you just do?” He barely voiced it out.

That guy laughed and hugged Taemin tighter. “Nothing.”

Taemin’s chest was raising up and down and his throat clogged. That guy pulled away from Taemin, climbed the pillow and stared right into Taemin’s eyes. He smiled.

“Date is about flattery.”

Taemin touched his collar and then turned away to see the ceiling. He was so damn nervous. He blinked rapidly and took a deep breath. He paused for a while.

“How dare you kiss me without my concern?” Taemin hit that guy, only to be hold by that guy.

“It’s not even a kiss.”

Taemin’s skin was burnt, right where he placed his lips. Then that guy went closer to Taemin and wrapped his hand on Taemin’s stomach. Taemin felt ticklish as that guy put his nose on Taemin’s ear. He could hear his breathing very clearly, it was weirdly ticklish. Taemin closed his eyes and clenched his fists. He was nervous as hell.

“It’s been a while since I held someone like this.”

“How long?”

“Three years?”

“Boy?”

“Yes.”

“Oh...”

“I never find a girl amusing.”

“Boy?”

“Weirdly you are more interesting than my exs.”

Taemin found himself shifting closer to the whisper.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Because our freaky first meeting?”

“You’re telling me I’m a freak?”

“Yup.”

Taemin closed his eyes when that guy took off his cap.

“Aren’t you going to your room?”

“How am I supposed to move if you’re holding me like this?”

“Didn’t you say you need to pee?”

“You know that’s an excuse.”

“You really are going to your room?”

Taemin closed his eyes and hitched.

“I-I should.”

“Should I let go then?”

Taemin didn’t answer him.

“Should I, Tae?”

Taemin squirmed in his embrace.

“You should.” His answer was full of hesitation.

“I don’t want to let go though.”

Taemin was shivering from the husky whisper over his ear, his heart was jumping, eyes were shut and his fists were clenching tightly. He felt that guy’s nose rubbing and sniffing his ear and neck and it was ticklish.

“Hmm!” Taemin protested.

He felt a giggle over his ear.

“This is kind of arousing, isn’t it?” He whispered onto Taemin’s ear. “You really smell unique.”

“Don’t.”

Taemin’s breath became shorter and his heart was about to explode.

“Stop it.” Taemin covered his ear but his body didn’t move further.

“Should I?”

Taemin nodded quite desperately. That guy then retreated and lay next to him. He took Taemin’s hand and held it.

“I’m having so much fun teasing you.” He ruffled Taemin’s hair. “Idiot.”

Taemin pushed the hand away and covered his face to hide a mumble. “Heol. So mean.”

“Mean?”

“Forget it.”

“What? Spill it.”

Taemin shook his head.

“Oh come on...”

“My heart is almost burst, my chest is throbbing painfully. I can’t even breathe. You’re playing me as if I’m a toy just because I never date. Teasing me? Tch... Bad hyung.”

“What? Are you trying to say that you’re getting hurt with what I did?”

Taemin turned around and kept closing his eyes. His heart was beating so hard until he felt an extreme weird pain. More than just suffocating.

“Taemin-ssi? Are you growing some feeling towards me?”

“You must be crazy thinking of that.”

“When was the last time you got your heart pumping like that?”

“Never. Because I never date.”

“Never like someone either?”

“Not as painful as this. Happy?”

He then laughed. Taemin peeked and looked at the guy.

“Why are you laughing, freak?”

“Should we stop this fake date games? It’s dangerous.”

Taemin stared at him. “Why?”

“You can’t like me, Taemin-ssi.”

“I’m not. I won’t.”

That guy smiled at Taemin. “You’re on your way, I’m afraid so. You can’t like me. You’ll be married soon and I have my own situation. We should stop before it’s getting complicated.”

“Why?”

“What? You don’t want this to end?”

Taemin stayed quiet. Half if his heart voted for a no.

“I won’t fall for you.”

“That’s what you and my head keep telling me. What if I can’t guarantee that?”

Taemin was puzzled. He kept looking at that guy and blinked rapidly. Too clueless what was all that about.

“I can’t understand it, you’re saying-”

“Get up. We better get ready. Today is the last day of our date. We have to break up this evening. Properly.”

Taemin frowned at that guy who dashed towards the bathroom as fast as possible. Taemin was left there on the bed.

“We’re breaking up today?” Taemin asked.

“Hmm. You said just two days. Dress up. We have a lot to do.”

“Why?” Taemin mumbled sadly, too soft to be heard by the guy inside the bathroom.

He walked towards the door and closed it, walking back to his room with some weird feelings.

 

 

“Ooooyyy!” The bell kept ringing.

“So noisy.” Taemin opened the door widely to an annoying face.

“What took you so long?”

“Showering.”

“I could tell.”

Taemin shot a glare at him.

“What? You smell like soap.”

“Tch.”

“How many minutes do you shower?”

“Depends. Why?”

“Just asking. I guess you take it longer than I am.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“What? It’s not a weird question, right?”

“No.” Taemin rolled his eyes. He took two of his shirts and showed it to him. “Which one do you like?”

That guy smiled and pointed at Taemin’s right hand.

“White looks good on you I think.”

Taemin nodded and threw him the blue shirt.

“Cover your eyes.”

“Tch... I’ve seen you topless, you know. Twice, in the pool and when you’re drunk.”

“I know. That’s why I feel even more embarrassing.”

That guy chuckled and peeked.

“Don’t you think you look even prettier without anything?”

Taemin ran to his side and hit his arm. “Talk like that once I again I will hit you harder. Don’t tease me!”

“Why are you being so annoying again this morning?”

Taemin took his socks and wore it. He put on his shoes and grabbed his hand.

“Let’s go, hyung.”

Taemin let him closed the door. Then he felt his hand was gripped tighter.

“Let’s enjoy our last date.”

“Hmm.”

 

 

They spent their time playing water sport, mention it one by one, banana boat, flying fish, parasailing, wakeboarding, waterskiing, everything challenging. Until they got sun burn and they ran out of money. Yes, all of those water sports were expensive.

“What should we eat?”

“Ramyeon?”

“I still have some, you know.”

“I know but you don’t know when your father going to pick you up, right?”

Taemin nodded.

“Then we should save it for your days here.”

“We’re so pathetic.”

“But we have fun.” That guy patted Taemin’s hair. “So much fun.”

“Yeah..” Taemin drunk his water and gave it to him. Yes, they shared things now since they had not much money. Taemin still had his money, quite a number actually. That guy paid most of their dates so Taemin could save his.

“How can I pay you in return?”

“Don’t even think of paying me back.”

“You’re running away too.”

“I kinda have my own money.”

“I feel weird.”

“Don’t be. I’m happy too so it worth it.”

“Thank you hyung...”

“My pleasure...”

Taemin felt bad. But he got no choice, he didn’t have his own money, he still clinging to his father for living. This money he had, he better saved it or he wouldn’t eat for the next days. Taemin thought that his father let him run away too easily now, as if he was indirectly saying that this would be his last time running away like this. Usually he already sent some people to follow him but he didn’t see anyone. His father really, finally, followed the five days rule properly.

“Let’s clean up and eat. My stomach is growling.”

Taemin nodded and swung their clasping hands back to the hotel.

 

---

 

Taemin sat on his bed and he stared at his phone. He barely held it for these past days. He saw Kai’s messages and missed calls on the screen. And it rang.

“Ya! How could you ignore me?”

“Sorry.” Taemin laughed. “What’s the latest news?”

“It seems like your fiancé lost his head too. His phone was off and I heard his father is looking for him all over.”

“My father?”

“I heard he’s going to get you tomorrow night.”

“What?? He found me?”

“It seems like so.”

“But tomorrow is my fourth day!”

“Tomorrow night, it means that as soon as your fifth day starts he will come to get you.”

“Heol.” Taemin grunted. “And so?”

“Your father is furious knowing both of you has run away.”

Taemin heard his door was opened and that guy walked in with two cups of ramyeon in his hands. Taemin raised his fingers, asked him to wait and shut his mouth.

“Did his father find where he was?”

“I don’t know but they probably would find him very soon.”

“Really?” Taemin patted his bed and let his fake boyfriend sat in front of him.

“Thank you.” Taemin mouthed as he took the hot cup.

“Taemin-ah?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you with someone now?”

Taemin laughed. “Why~?”

“You don’t stupidly take someone in and do something stupid right?”

“Why?”

“Ya! Don’t why why me?!”

Taemin giggled and that guy in front of him looked flustered seeing Taemin laughing like that. Taemin looked great when he laughs.

“Is that the same person I heard last time?”

“I don’t know... Well, you could say so.” Taemin slurped his noodle and groaned in pain because it was too hot.

“What happened?”

“I’m fine, Kai...” Taemin gave his cup to that guy and he stared at him stupidly. He let out his tongue and shook his head. That guy gave him water and wiped his mouth with a low worried protest towards him.

“I’m fine...” Taemin repeated it for that guy and Kai too.

That guy poked Taemin’s head and took Taemin’s cup. He blew it for Taemin while Taemin was on his phone.

“Ya! You better not to ignore my call, Lee Taemin.”

“Why should I?”

“Because your father is on the move! You want to cause a chaos like the last time?”

Taemin’s face froze. “No.”

“You don’t want to be dragged away in the middle of a crowd right? So you better note my words.”

“I get it. Tell me the latest news okay? Text me.”

“You only have tomorrow left, Tae.”

“I know. Don’t make me upset now, I’m enjoying my days here.”

“Fine.” He heard a sigh from across the phone. “Be careful.”

“Hmm. Thanks.”

“Tell me if you need something.”

“Will do.”

Taemin sighed as he ended the call. He covered his face and rolled his body on the bed until he lay near that guy’s legs.

“Who?”

“Dark kid who yelled at you.”

“You love him?”

Taemin frowned. “Heol! He’s my best friend.”

“Best friend?”

“What? You jealous?”

“You laugh with him like that. I should be jealous.”

“Why?”

“That’s what a boyfriend should do.”

“Tch.”

Taemin sat up and took the cup noodle.

“You should tell me it’s hot. My tongue is burning.”

“I’m trying to stop you but you asked me to shut up.”

“He shouldn’t know that you’re here.”

“Why?”

“He’ll be very mad.”

“He loves you?”

“No.”

“He sounds like he’s in love with you.”

“Nope, will never happen.”

Taemin blew his noodle and started to eat it.

“Gaaaah, delicious~”

That guy watched Taemin closely and shook his head.

“What?”

“Laugh.”

“What??”

“Laugh like just now.”

“You’re freaking me out hyung.”

“You look adorable when you laugh.”

Taemin stopped chewing and blinked rapidly. He then coughed. That guy spontaneously took the water bottle, gave it to him and rubbed his back.

“Didn’t I tell you not to compliment me all of a sudden?”

“Sorry.”

“Let’s finished the food and rest, hyung.”

“What? You want to spend the last day of dating like that?”

“I bruised my thigh when we tried the wakeboarding.”

“You hit the surface really hard.”

“I’m exhausted...”

“Fine, then we’ll have a nap first.”

Taemin smiled and nodded.

 

 

They were lying on the bed after watching a movie and just rested their tired body there.

“Hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“What if... I said what if, okay?”

“What?”

“What if we date for another day?”

That guy looked at Taemin. “No.”

“Why?”

“This is the furthest we could go.”

Taemin pouted. “Tomorrow night I’ll be back to Seoul.”

“Already?”

“Probably. My father has this five day rule. Whenever I run away he won’t touch me until the fifth day. Tomorrow is my fourth day and my friend said he will pick me up as soon as the fifth day comes. Midnight.”

Taemin stared into the guy. “One more day. What do you say?”

That guy shook his head. “I can’t.”

That guy went closer to Taemin and hugged him.

“What was this for?”

“A sorry. I wish I can do that for you but I can’t.” He heard that guy sigh. “Because all of these dating things are dangerous. We have to stop now.”

Taemin pulled out and looked up to him.

“Why? Why do you have keep insisting to stop? This is sad.”

“See? This is what I’m afraid of.”

Taemin knitted his eyebrows.

“It will be even harder to say goodbye if we date another day. We both started to feel things.”

Taemin clutched his shirt tighter. “But we won’t like each other.”

“Will it be possible?” That guy shook his head. “I started to like you. You’re not as annoying and ty like the first time we met.”

Taemin’s heart suddenly felt heavy. Two different feelings, one is happy because he said he started to like him and one is sad because they had to break up.

“If we want everything to be back to normal, today has to be the last day.”

Taemin nodded. “Okay, so you rejected me. Geez I said what if...” Taemin’s voice shook.

“I’m sorry... The request is just too much for me, and also for you.”

Taemin bumped his head to that guy’s chest and tightened the hug.

“I’m going to take a nap this way.”

“Hmm.”

That guy Taemin’s hair and patted his back gently. Both of them stayed still and quiet behind their suffocating selves. Taemin closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. That guy held him tightly and buried his face on Taemin’s hair. They fell asleep.

 

---

 

Taemin woke up to a warm hug, he stretched his arms and legs and that guy shifted. Taemin stared at the sleepy face and unconsciously smiled at him. Wouldn’t it be great if his soon to be groom is as kind and sweet and flattery just like him? Taemin shrugged off his thought. He should’ve not thought about that. He got to get rid of him out of his mind, he had to forget.

Taemin sighed and secretly clutched onto his shirt. He liked it, staying beside that guy. He could forget his marriage thingy and for a while, have fun.

“Why? You look bothered.” The husky voice surprised him.

“You awake?”

“Hmm. What happened?”

“Nothing... I was just thinking.”

“Oh...”

That guy rubbed his eyes and then took Taemin’s hand to be interlaced.

“Shall we grab a coffee?”

Taemin smiled and nodded.

“You better not take my order and sip it out of nowhere.”

“Tch... I thought it was mine.”

Taemin gripped his hand tightly with the intention of hurting him but the guy just laughed.

“Hey... Don’t you think our hands fit so perfectly?”

Taemin glared at him with a little blush.

“Don’t blush. You shouldn’t.” He poked Taemin’s cheek and pinched it. He laughed. “You know what? I’ve wanted to pinch your cheek since last night.”

Taemin was left speechless. This surprising flattery words, will he hear it again in the future?

“Let’s wash your drying drool and get out of here.”

“I’m not drooling.” Taemin mumbled lowly.

 

---

 

“Heol.” Taemin grunted.

That guy ruffled his hair and tapped his clothes. “I thought today will be bright.”

“My shoes!” Taemin rolled his eyes and ran towards the toilet. That guy followed him and they went inside.

Taemin took the toilet paper and wiped his shoes. That guy wiped his jacket and also his hair. He then grabbed another to help Taemin with his clothes and his hair.

“Thank you.”

After some times, they went out and chose a seat far in the corner.

“What do you want to drink?”

“I don’t know...” Taemin stood up from his chair and that guy looked at him weirdly.

“Why?” Taemin asked. “I can’t follow you to the counter? I need to choose.”

That guy scoffed and let Taemin flee to the menu board.

“Hot chocolate.” Taemin said as soon as he reached the counter.

“Haha.” That guy laughed. “I thought you’re gonna choose something. Hot chocolate? Really?”

Taemin hit his arm and went back to their seat.

“One hot chocolate and one latte. And that chocolate mousse.”

That guy went back and sat down.

“The rain is pretty heavy, hyung.”

“Wonder when will it stop?”

“Yeah, I don’t want to run back to the hotel. Poor my shoes.”

That guy laughed and stared at Taemin.

“Hyung...”

“What?”

“I just got a text.”

“About what?”

“I’m going to meet my fiance in three days.”

That guy stunned. It was quite surprising.

“Why three days?”

“I don’t know, they said he was running away too and they already found him. They will bring him back soon and we’ll meet in three days.”

“Weird...”

“What weird?”

“Nothing.”

“What?” Taemin stared back at him. “Fine, don’t tell me. I don’t want to know about you.”

“This is... Never mind.”

Taemin thanked the girl who put the order down. He took the glass and stopped for a while.

“This is my hot chocolate right?”

That guy laughed and nodded. “I ordered latte.”

Taemin chuckled and blew the hot chocolate in front of him.

“Hyung?”

“What should I do when we meet?”

“I don’t know.. What would you do?”

“Should I wear sunglasses and hat? Should I cover all of my face?”

“Mask too?”

“That’s a good idea, right?”

That guy giggled at the crazy thought.

“That would be enough to say that I disagree with the marriage and meeting him, right?”

“Well, probably.”

“And if he turns out to be good then I’ll take off all of them, if not I’ll wear it until the end. I’ll shut my mouth until the end.”

“What if your father asks you to take off all of it?”

“He didn’t really care about my fashion. He only cares about his business. He won’t really notice that.”

“That’s quite a weird idea but yeah I guess...”

“Then I’ll meet him that way.”

“So what would you do next when you meet him?”

“Dinner probably. My father definitely will put us in a different table.”

“And so?

“I won’t eat.”

“Why?”

“I’m wearing a mask.” Taemin rolled his eyes.

“If you like him?”

“Then I’ll eat.”

“Can you even see with your sunglass?”

“Ah... I guess I’ll have to take it off.”

“Idiot...” He laughed.

“Ya!” Taemin rolled his fist into a ball and threatened him.

The cake came later and Taemin gasped in awe, forgetting his clenched fist.

“Whoa! Chocolate mousse!”

“You want it?”

“Hmm.”

“Let me sit next to you then.”

Taemin glared at him in suspicious. “Why?”

“We’re dating and we’re sitting too far.”

Taemin looked around and rounded his eyes.

“Openly?”

“Why not?”

He stood up and sat next to Taemin. He gave Taemin the fork and let Taemin enjoy the cake. Taemin hesitated a little but he rolled his eyes, gave up.

“This tastes good.”

That guy stared at Taemin and Taemin felt awkward. He then shoved the cake into that guy’s mouth.

“Don’t look at me like that.”

“You’re funny when you eat.”

“No I don’t.”

“You are.”

Taemin held his cheeks and glared at him. That guy laughed.

“You’re cute.” He laughed louder.

“I hate compliments.”

That guy messed Taemin’s hair up and grabbed his hand.

“Wh-what are you doing?”

“It’s fun having a fake date with you. I thought it wouldn’t be but it’s fun and interesting.”

Taemin looked around and he got some pairs of eyes staring at them.

“This is embarrassing.” Taemin covered his face and ducked. That guy laughed and raised their hand.

“Hyung wha-what are you doing? Put it down! Put- it- down!”

“What? Never see a couple before?” He asked all of them.

“Crap, you’re crazy!” Taemin stomped his feet and kept trying to let go.

That guy held Taemin’s hand with both of his hands and clasped them tightly.

“God! What should I do with my face now?” Taemin grunted.

“Nothing?” That guy lifted Taemin’s head and held it gently. “Enjoy it?”

Taemin was red and his heart was jumping out of his ribcage.

“Tch... This...” Taemin covered his face and stomped his feet. “I’m red, right?”

“Yes.”

“My head is burning now.” Taemin hit him. “Thanks to you.”

“It’s pretty though.”

“Enough with the compliments!”

“Really, I meant it.” He stared deeply into Taemin’s eyes.

As if the world stopped spinning and everything got into the slow motion mood. “It would be fun to have a real date like you.”

Taemin stopped moving, he stopped breathing, he stoned.

“What?”

“You heard me loud and clear.” He glanced at Taemin’s lips. “Unfortunately you’re not available.”

Taemin gulped down and blinked rapidly as he felt that the gaps between them were getting smaller. Taemin tried to say something but he was flustered. Well, Taemin never had been in this kind of situation so he was panicking.

“I-”

Their lips were just so close, just about a hair thin and he saw that guy started to close his eyelids. Taemin was surprised, hitched. And so that guy stopped it.

“I’m sorry.” He let Taemin’s hand go and backed off. “This is dangerous.”

Taemin covered his mouth and finally breathed again. He could definitely feel his hot breathing over his lips. Taemin grabbed his chocolate and drunk it to its bottom. They rested their backs on the chair and sighed deeply.

“We should really stop this game, Tae.”

Taemin didn’t reply him.

Taemin touched his chest. “We almost- I mean...”

“I didn’t see it coming. I mean this... I didn’t really - I...”

Taemin nodded and covered his face once again. “Do you really going to kiss me?”

“Almost.”

Taemin stared at him through his fingers. “I don’t think I could forget you if we did kiss, hyung.”

“But just now... I really meant it. That’s why we should really stop.”

 

 

Taemin and Minho walked awkwardly to their hotel. Well they’ve tried to act normally since what happened in the coffee shop but yeah they were awkward. Something kept them aware of each others. It was not okay, their feelings.

“Want to stay in my room?”

“Will you be okay?”

“I’m good.” Taemin answered nervously.

“Okay then, since this will be our last evening together.”

Taemin smiled bitterly. “You don’t have to emphasize that.”

That guy ruffled his hair and stood closer. He slightly brushed his hand.

“You can hold my hand.” He whispered into Taemin’s ear. He saw it, how Taemin awkwardly trying to held his hand as they walked side by side.

Taemin scoffed and hit his arm, only to run down carefully to finally taunt his index finger to his pinky. That guy chuckled and looked at Taemin.

“I’m going to compliment you.”

“I don’t want to hear.” Taemin looked away.

That guy leaned on and whispered something to his ear. Taemin squirmed and protested because it was ticklish. He pushed him away and tried to kick him. That guy laughed and grabbed Taemin’s shoulders from behind, he then whispered something again.

“Hyung!”

That guy ran away. Taemin’s face was red and he chased after him. Well, that guy didn’t run away, instead he charged towards Taemin and they bumped to each other’s arms, he hugged him. Taemin was speechless.

“I’m going to remember you as a great memory.” He patted Taemin’s back.

“I hate it but I’m going to forget you.”

That guy cupped Taemin’s face and smiled at him. “Good choice.”

They walked hand in hand, no, actually finger to finger. Let them enjoy their last night together, shall we? Nothing’s wrong by allowing the love god sprinkle a little happiness in their hearts, right?

 

 

Taemin lay down on the bed his feet were on that guy’s lap and he was resting his head on the pillow. They watched animated movie and totally absorbed in the plot. That guy gently massaged Taemin’s tired legs and Taemin was enjoying it.

“You said you got bruises.”

“Hmm.”

“Is it okay?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s a relief.”

Taemin sat up and stared at him.

“What?”

“Shall we take a picture?”

“I thought you want me to be a nobody.”

“I changed my mind.”

“You can’t do that.”

Taemin folded his legs and sat a bit closer. He begged through his eyes.

“I should only remain as a good memory, not a real person to you.”

Taemin pouted and carefully took his hand. He played with his fingers and mumbled lowly. That guy suddenly felt his heart raced as Taemin interlaced his hand.

“What happen here stays in here...”

“You made it clear since the very first, Tae.” Taemin sadly looked at him.

“One more day.”

“No, we can’t. You see how I can’t guarantee that I won’t kiss you.”

Taemin stared at their hands. He actually fine with kissing him.

“Then what about that?”

“What?” The older pulled him by his waist and sat face to face.

“Hmmm...” Taemin hesitantly looked at him.

“What? You can request anything.”

“Hug me.” Taemin lowered his head.

“What?”

“I said hug me. Don’t let go until I fall asleep. And then you may go.”

That guy smirked at him and flicked his nose. “Thought you’d never ask.”

Taemin curled his lips to a simple shy smile as that guy pulled him into his embrace. Taemin’s heart beat as if he was falling for him. Well he frantically in love with him. Only his head kept saying no. Taemin wrapped his arms around the elder’s chest and hugged him back.

“We’re ignoring the movie.”

“Shall we watch something more romantic?”

“I don’t really like a romance Tae.”

“It’s my dream date so why don’t we do it? It’ll be last time you watch that kind of movie, maybe.”

“Alright.”

They surf the channel but it was hard to find something good. Taemin finally gave up and walked to the bed. He took his phone and made a personal hotspot. He connected the TV to the internet.

“I actually have one thing that I want to watch if I have a boyfriend.”

Taemin started to type the title and searched it on the internet. Streaming. It’s a modern era, people. The TV started to play the movie and Taemin walked towards the bed. He then rested his head on that guy’s arm.

“What is the story about?”

“Just watch.”

Taemin let that guy wrapped his hands around his body. Why did he feel so perfectly fit in that guy’s embrace? Why did he feel so safe and comfortable when he was only a stranger? Why did his heart beat so fast? Why?

“It’s a romcom?”

“Yup.”

The movie ran and they kept holding each other tightly. Taemin completely rested his back on that guy’s chest and that guy was completely sunk himself into Taemin’s body. He let Taemin’s leg wrapped him and Taemin let him put his chin on his crown. Taemin felt so small and fragile but he felt good.

“Hyung?”

“Yes?”

“Thank you.”

“Why all of a sudden?”

“For these two days...” Taemin tightened their clasping hands.

That guy then laughed on Taemin’s head, sending shivers throughout his body.

“I think I’m the happiest now, I mean at this moment.”

“Oh really?”

Taemin looked back and smiled so prettily. “Yes. I thought you’d be annoying and the dates will be boring and , but no.”

That guy stared back at Taemin and tapped his cheek.

“Anyway... Did you mean it?” Taemin shyly asked. “That whisper.”

His fake boyfriend laughed and squeezed him tighter. “I mean it.”

“Can I hear it again?”

“I thought you hate compliments.”

“I can handle it actually. Only this time.”

He leaned towards Taemin’s ear and started to whisper. Taemin lifted his shoulder to hold in the ticklish feelings. Taemin smiled and giggled a little. That guy stopped his whisper and hugged him tight. He just stayed still, inhaling enough scent of Taemin and breathed lowly. Taemin closed his eyes and loved every breathing sound on his ear.

“I think I’ll miss you.”

“Me too, Tae. Definitely.”

“Hyung, can I summarize this as we like each other?”

He started laughing on Taemin’s ear and Taemin loved it.

“You could say so.”

“If we add one more day to this fake date, will you really like me?” Taemin peeked at him. “I mean...”

He met his eyes and he was smiling gently. “Probably.”

Taemin blushed as he heard it and unconsciously touched his boiling face.

“That’s impossible.”

“Why?” He asked Taemin.

“You definitely will fall in love for me.”

That guy scoffed and turned him around to face him. “Don’t you think you’re falling for me already?”

Taemin nodded and stared at him deeply.

“That surprised me.” He thumbed Taemin’s cheek and just speechless.

“It’s not bad figuring out how it feels like to fall in a flattery love. In the end.”

“Taemin I...”

“Yes?”

“I hope you have a happy marriage life.”

Taemin hit him. “I don’t want to hear it.”

Taemin sunk his face on that guy’s crook. He took a deep breath and for a while let himself hear his heartbeat. And how their hearts beat as one. Taemin tightened his painful hug. If he could hug him even tighter, he would. If he could bury his body inside him, he would. Taemin sighed deeply as his hyung ran his fingers up and down his back. He squirmed at how the warmth silently intoxicating him.

“I’m so happy right now.” Taemin whispered.

“Glad to hear it...”

“What do you feel hyung?”

“I’m good. I like it being with you these past two days.”

“You’re not lying, are you?”

“No... I meant it. I like the new feelings you gave me.”

Taemin touched his beating chest and just put his hand there.

“Can you tell me why you try not to kiss me?”

“Because I guess we should end this soon. That is the limit. I shouldn’t do it. Before I-”

“Before what?”

“Before we’re going too far.”

Taemin smiled bitterly. “I guess you’re right.”

“I’m afraid making things complicated.”

There was a pause.

“Hyung?”

“Yes?”

Taemin pulled himself and stared into him.

“Can I know your name?”

“I should remain unknown to you.”

“I want to at least thank you properly.”

“Properly?”

“I want to say ‘thank you, your name-ssi.’”

That guy laughed.

“You don’t need to do that.” He ran his fingers on Taemin’s hair. “A simple one is enough.”

Their faces were getting closer, he felt that guy slowly held his face. Taemin blinked rapidly and held his breath. The adrenalin started to pump through his blood and his heart. He then felt a flattery touch of their noses, once, twice. He could feel the heat.

“If by any chance we met again in the future, I wish...” He saw a hesitation. “I wish you could remember me as a good memory. For I was sure I’ll always remember you and your name and your face.”

Taemin nodded carefully, not to brush their lips because of the small gaps between them.

“This will be a good bye. A proper one.”

Taemin held his hands and closed his eyes. He then felt he shifted. He felt so nervous he could die. That merely second, he felt soft lips... On his forehead.

“I probably will regret this later but this is the right decision.” He whispered to Taemin.

Taemin opened his eyes and stared at him full of disappointment.

“I actually got to go now.” He caressed Taemin’s cheek and slightly brushed his thumb over Taemin’s lips. “My father’s people found me and I have to leave tonight. I can’t lure them any longer. I can’t ask them to wait any longer.”

“What??”

He sat up and interlaced their hands.

“Right now?”

“Hmm.” he smiled bitterly. “This is the other reason why I can’t say yes to your request. I have go home.”

“You didn’t tell me.”

“I’m sorry... It’s just... I don’t want us to spend the last minute with a heavy heart.”

Taemin was pulled by him to get off the bed. Taemin was confused.

“Can you deliver me to the door, please? They’re waiting outside.”

Taemin scoffed and a sudden pain into him. “This...”

“I’m so sorry. I’m a bad guy, I know...”

They walked to the door and Taemin held him tightly. Taemin stopped his steps and hugged him again. He started to mumble lowly and that guy chuckled.

“Don’t worry, they won’t kill me.”

Taemin looked into him and his eyes were glistening.

“You’re not going to cry, are you?”

“No...” Taemin was just sad.

“Don’t be sad. Remember what I told you.”

He whispered at Taemin’s ear. Taemin hit him weakly.

“Thank you, Taemin.”

He kissed his cheek as he pulled away from the whisper.

“Hope to see you again.”

Taemin held him and kissed his cheek too.

“Don’t forget me, hyung.”

 

---

 

Taemin sat in front of his mirror and tidied his clothes, perfect.

“Yaaaaah look at you! Are you pretending to be an famous artist or what?”

“Shut up.”

“What are you thinking dressing like that?”

“It’s a silent protest, Kai.”

“I can barely see your skin.”

Taemin covered his face with a mirror sunglass, a cap and a mask. He really did what he said last time. Today was the day, he had to meet his fiancé. He sighed deeply and stared into his figure on the mirror.

“Let’s go.”

Taemin and his family drove to their famous hotel, a meeting place where both of the families agreed on. Taemin stared into the street and kept gripping his shirt. He suddenly remembered that guy, the guy who he supposed to forget but he couldn’t.

“You okay?”

“No.”

Taemin touched his cheek and imagined that guy; that kiss he gave to Taemin. He kept muttering the compliments that he whispered to Taemin. Taemin somehow found his own strength in his memories of him.

They arrived and Taemin’s family sat on the dining table first. The other party hadn’t arrived yet. Taemin glanced over to Kai and he gave Taemin a sorry smile. He didn’t need it. He knew his life was miserable and he didn’t need that smile to remind him.

Then suddenly his father stood up and greeted the man about his age. Taemin watched carefully and shook his hand too even though they wouldn’t sit in the same table. Then he glanced at the woman behind him. She happily greeted his mother and sat across her in the table of four. And the last... It must be him.

Kai nudged his arm and whispered to Taemin.

“Look at your fiancé.”

Taemin was afraid to see him.

“How did he look? Tell me the detail.”

He would be furious if he saw someone fat, short, mean and cold so he asked Kai to saw him first. He was too scared to open his eyes.

“Do you make an appointment with him?” Kai asked him.

“What?”

Taemin raised his head and looked at that someone Kai pointed.

“Daebak! You guys really are entwined in some kind of fate.” Kai commented. “First you both ran away and now look at how he dressed up! Cap, sunglass and mask. Wow... It’s just... Wow.”

Taemin stood up and rounded his eyes. He couldn’t believe what he saw in front of him. His so called fiancé wore the same attire as him. Taemin’s mouth hung low as they came closer to each other. Until they were facing each other.

“Oh my God!” They both mumbled. “You!”

Taemin took off his sunglass and his mask. That guy did the same. They stared into each other’s eyes and extremely surprised with what they see.

“This must be a dream.” Taemin glanced to Kai. “Hit me.” He asked Kai to hit him.

“What? No! Your parents here. Wait-what? You know him already?”

“Oh my God!” Taemin fell to his chair. He held his head and glanced back to the stunned guy in front of him.

“You!” They both shouted in unison.

That guy started to chuckle and shook his head in disbelief.

“What happened here?” He asked Taemin.

“You...” Taemin was speechless.

“I’m your fiancé??” He asked again. “The one who is a freak, strict and manner less? The one who people said is very ugly and short and fat?”

Taemin started to smile. “I can’t believe this. It gave me chills.”

Kai held Taemin’s shoulder and Taemin held his hand back.

“Kai-ah...”

“You okay?”

“Get me a drink.”

“Okay.”

Kai left their table and Taemin kept staring at him.

“You again.” Taemin opened his mouth.

“I never knew I will meet you again this way.”

“And you...” Taemin’s eyes started to well on its own. “The cap? The sunglass? The mask? Like really? Hyung...”

They started to crack up. They both started to chuckled lowly.

“So this is why you’re interested in my story?”

“Where do you hear that gossips? Who said I’m fat and ugly?”

“Wait! It’s not your friend’s story, right? It’s your story!”

Taemin rounded his eyes and just couldn’t believe it. That guy couldn’t close his mouth too. It was too freaking awesome. How could their life entwined like that? As if they were tied with an invisible red thread.

“I’m your fiancé.” He finally raised his voice.

“You’re my fiancé.” Taemin rephrased it.

“I got chills you know...”

“Me too.” Taemin massaged his forehead and kept glancing at that guy in front of him.

Okay maybe they were too busy checking each other out and so they ignored their parents.

“I’m your situation, right?”

That guy laughed and nodded. “I got situation, yeah... I got my marriage arranged too. I couldn’t tell you because it’s so bizarre having a same situation as you.”

“This is crazy.”

“Totally.”

They stared into each other’s eyes and there was definitely a strange chemistry.

“I’m going to marry you.” The older smiled at Taemin.

“We don’t have a choice.” Taemin smiled back at him.

“So do you like your first impression of your fiancé?”

Taemin laughed and covered his blushing face. “I guess?”

They grinned ear to ear.

“Ah- I’m forgetting something, right?”

He reached out for Taemin’s hand and smiled. “Let me tell you my name.”

Taemin couldn’t hide his wide smile anymore.

“I’m Choi Minho, 27 years old. A resident.”

Taemin grabbed his hand and held it tightly. “I’m Lee Taemin, 25 years old. I’m taken.”

They both laughed and forgot the people around them who were staring at them weirdly, moreover their parents. Who would think they would be that close in the first meeting?

“Choi Minho, huh?”

“Yeah... I’m Minho.”

“Thank you Minho hyung...” Taemin smiled at him.

“A proper thank you?”

Taemin nodded. “Finally I got to know you.”

“I guess I’m not a nobody anymore.”

“Yeah.”

Taemin let that guy’s thumb caressed the back of his hand with his thumb.

“You’re very welcome, the only and the most precious stranger who makes my heart flutter. You’re very welcome, the one whose lips I wish I could kiss.”

Taemin’s face turned as red as tomatoes. “I hate compliments.”

“I shouldn’t say it out loud? Should I whisper it to you?”

Taemin covered his face. “God! I can’t take this!”

That guy took of Taemin’s cap and put it on the table before he patted his head gently.

“So I guess we have to date for a longer time.”

Taemin buried his face to the table and secretly held Minho’s finger. Minho giggled at Taemin.

“Are you going to marry me, hyung?”

“You still like me?”

Taemin looked up and glared at him.

“You still want to kiss me?”

Minho laughed louder and flicked Taemin’s nose.

“I will definitely do it some time in the future. Note that. I’ve tried to hold myself not to kiss you twice. I’ll definitely kiss you since you’re I guess... Officially mine now.”

Taemin blushed really hard hearing the confession.

“You like me, hyung?”

“Wasn’t it obvious?”

Taemin grinned and stared at him deeply.

“Stop that freaky joker smile.” Minho covered Taemin’s face with his palm.

“I can’t believe it’s you again.”

“Yeah, me too.” Minho smiled at him. “I’m glad it’s you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

Finally!! It's such a long story right? kkkkk I hope you don't get bored in the middle~

Please comment (I'm hoping to see a lot) because I really need a mood booster. Lately I've been stressed out by tons of quizes of Pathology Anatomy. /Please, I am sick seeing the microscope, the cells, and the carcinoma cells. It's complicated and I'm so done with those epithelial thingy./

Anyway, just ignore my shoutout. lol. I hope you enjoy this story~ Have a nice day everyone! Thank you so much for everyone who subscribed this before I post the chapter. Love you!

kiss,

aqcelnicorus :D