Prologue

When Trolls Get Trolled

This is it.

This is just the perfect opportunity for payback, and it's too perfect for Kim Jongdae to let pass. Morals be damned.

Don't get him wrong. Jongdae is not some sadistic, power-hungry maniac who thinks his only goal in life was to exact revenge to everyone who did him wrong in the past while completely ignoring and taking everything and everyone (especially his pink-haired ex-teammate who deeply cares for him, and Jongdae is pretty sure that deep down inside his ice-cold heart he cares for her just the same)- the ones that are truly important in life- for granted. He is not like that Sasuke-character from his favorite anime of all time.

No.

Jongdae in the exact opposite of that.

He grew up in a family of four. His father is a high ranking director of a multinational company whose salary is more than enough to support the needs and wants of their family, while on the other hand his mother is a hands-on-stay-at-home-mom who is adamant in making sure that her boys are taken care of. Jongdae grew up in an ideal family- adored by his older brother, dotted on by his father, and loved by his mother.

He can't possibly ask for more, and as a matter of fact, Jongdae literally doesn't ask for more, because in spite of his slightly (note the sarcasm) well-off family, he grew up with a modest lifestyle. His mom particularly made sure that they would grow up to be responsible and down-to-earth individuals and not some stuck-up rich kid who thinks that he is king of the world. Jongdae and his brother- before he went to university- still had to do house chores, have part-time jobs, and went to a regular high school instead of those exclusive private schools (where families try to out-rich each other just to gain some significant influence on the school) despite the fact that they could actually afford to go into one.

But to say that Kim Jongdae's life is perfect would be an overstatement. Don't be silly. Nothing is perfect, and Kim Jongdae's life is not perfect, just nearly perfect. It would have been perfect if not for the stain that is named Nam Sukjin.

Long story short, Sukjin made Jongdae's freshman year a living hell and he hated him for it. But if Jongdae were to be honest, he wasn't sure if he felt angrier at Sukjin from all the bullying he went thru or more at himself for being too scared to stand against it and too embarrassed to admit that he was a victim of bullying. But that didn't matter now because good riddance! Nam Sukjin just graduated last school year and besides, he has more important things to mull over. Like that girl over there for example.

Jongdae kept his eyes trained on the girl who had her head buried inside her locker. She was busily rummaging through her locker but immediately stopped and started looking to her left then right as if searching for someone. Once she spotted Jongdae, she smiled and gave a small wave.

Jongdae returned the smile (but inner Jongdae was smirking) and walked towards her, but not before glancing at the books she was holding where the name 'NAM SOOJIN' was clearly written in ink on the lower right portion of the cover.

'This is going to be as easy as Tao telling apart genuine from fake Gucci.'