Three

Roommates

Thank you for all the subscribers (and upvotes, definitely! ^^) and to those who commented because they are honestly a source of positive motivation that at least, people are reading this! :)) Hope you guys will like this chapter as well :))


Of course, even the most diligent chef would have those moments of wanting to abandon everything and run away. Not to mention Kibum who woke up with a shock and internally screaming to self when he saw the number of hours he had spent in slumberland.

“Kim Jonghyun! Why didn’t you wake me up?” He questioned, or was it more like a confrontation?

“You looked pretty when you sleep… so I didn’t want to disturb you.” Jonghyun replied as he absently flaunted his clean desk, sweeping the surface in deliberation, while turning around to face Kibum who still looked lost at how time had just slipped by, and oh dear, did he have important items to submit the next day?

“Stop doing that thing with your desk.” Kibum mumbled because everyone knows, the desk wouldn’t be how it is if not for Kibum’s persistence in neatness and tidiness in the room.

Jonghyun threw a triumphant smile which immediately crashed when Kibum announced “next time, it’d just be one minute.”

 

Kibum wondered if it would be a wise decision if he actually settled for packed food tonight instead of wasting the remaining hours preparing for a nice home-cooked dinner. Yet he thought of Jonghyun, and how he had subtly promised dinner for him. But he could always twist his words right? As long as they still make sense in a certain manner.

“Jonghyun ah,” Well, Kibum did started those few days with calling hyung, but then as more days passed by Kibum often questioned himself that does Jonghyun even act like a hyung? Other than messing up the room (and forced to clean them up under Kibum’s threatens) he really hasn’t been doing much hyung-worthy kind of acts (not like messing the room is one either) and Kibum can’t possibly go like “Jonghyun hyung! Clean up the room!” because that is like giving Jonghyun the superiority and who knows if Jonghyun would use it against him in order to not clean the room. So subconsciously it had become “Jonghyun!” and Kibum had somehow acquired the authority over him (especially with food, food was always a good lure), and since Jonghyun didn’t look like he actually thought of those seniority issues, everything seemed fine as it is.

“Hmm?” Jonghyun looked over from his desk which was once again, filled with eraser crumbs.

“What about, we get takeaway food tonight?” Kibum inquired.

“Wae?” Jonghyun grumbled, “I cleaned my room as per request.”

“Not within 2 minutes I’m sure.” Kibum retorted.

Jonghyun widened his eyes and got out of his seat. “But you fell asleep how would you even-“

“Kim Jonghyun, anyone could have guessed it. The mess you created isn’t the kind that can be rectified in 2 minutes.”

“Who knows, maybe I grew hands or something…” Jonghyun tried to refute.

“Ya…sure,” Kibum lifted an eyebrow in skepticism.

 

In the end, Jonghyun believed that he wouldn’t get food because he didn’t abide to the 2 minute rule.  He cried inwardly because “next time it’d be one minute” kept repeating in his mind. How is he ever going to clean his desk in one minute? Not to mention how wide the desk is, how much notes are piled up at the right end, and how much scrap paper  are scattered around the left side. He decided that it would be a good choice if he actually starts to clean up slowly from now. It’s amazing though, how fast it took to mess up considering he just cleared the desk hours ago?

Ding Dong~

Kibum appeared with 2 packed lunchboxes.

Jonghyun scrutinized that plastic bag – it wasn’t from the stall that he mentioned earlier.

“Where’s my chicken chop?” He questioned.

“Ah, I forgot the orders once I was out of the building, so I got us bimbimbap.” Kibum replied with a casual tone.

Jonghyun didn’t know what else he could do except glare at Kibum. Kibum felt the gaze as he placed the food on their small dining table.

“Jonghyun ah, I’m sorry. I’ll get you chicken chop next time. Just omit all the no mayonnaise more chilli or whatsoever kind of instructions.” Kibum turned back to look at Jonghyun from where he was standing. “Or you can take my food as well.” Kibum continued.

“They are the same as mine. What’s the point of doing it?” Jonghyun retorted, which was exactly Kibum’s train of thoughts too. He wouldn’t take mine, there’s no point in doing so. Yet he could still somewhat express his guiltiness, so why not?

Jonghyun made slow steps towards the dining table. “Just… promise to compensate with your cooked food next time round.” He muttered quietly, but still caught by Kibum.

“Sure!” Kibum replied almost instantly and a grin crept up his face.

“That makes 2 dinner servings the next time!” Jonghyun exclaimed with glee, and was all ready to wolf down his food because, damn he was really hungry.

“What?!”

“Because you owe me one and because you are supposed to cook for me tomorrow as well,” makes 2 servings, Jonghyun thought to himself.

“You don’t count it this way?” Kibum exclaimed in confusion.

“I count it this way.” Jonghyun retorted as he continued to gobble his food, leaving Kibum with a feeling of being fooled with.

“What are you, a dinosaur?” It was Kibum’s turn to grumble, “do you even eat this much?”

“Everyone says I look like a dinosaur.” Jonghyun replied absent-mindedly as he continued to chew on his food.

Kibum wondered how he is going to settle next day’s dinner with 3 servings because he only recalled buying 2 portions of ingredients.