Final

Breakfast with Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you sleep well?" Kai asked.

"Too well," I replied, turning and looking at him across from the counter. "We have more options for breakfast this morning."

He was looking at me in that way again. I knew that I hadn't left a button undone. My cheeks suddenly took on a bright, pink hue and I smiled a shy grin. I now felt warm and fuzzy all over.

"I'm pretty good at making eggs," I bragged.

"Sounds good. I'll help." He came around the counter to help me.

He enjoyed eggs over easy as well, so that made it easier. The both of us divided the jobs. Kai set the plates out and made toast while I cooked the eggs.

The space behind the counter was tight, and we kept bumping into each other. Each time he moved, I was mindful of his presence. It was whatever I could do to keep from smoldering the eggs.

It was after one of those collisions as we kept bowing and apologizing that I saw him pause. The look was there once again, that sharp-edge flicker of desire in his eyes. This time, I glanced down. My robe had fallen open and he was surveying at the T-shirt that I was wearing. My underwear was just visible beneath the hem of it.

I closed the front of the robe and tightened the belt. "Sorry. I should have taken a shower and changed. I wasn't expecting-"

He kissed me. A soft kiss on the lips that teased me with the promise of more. A whole lot more.

"Around me, you can dress like this anytime," His lips grazed against my ear as he spoke huskily into it. His voice was barely a whisper but it was loud enough to have my body shaking from it.

I restrained myself from attacking him right there. This was all new to me, actually wanting somone to touch me, kiss me. After all, this was my first relationship.

"Oh no! The eggs!" I reached for the frying pan with my bare hand and instantly realized my mistake. Kai was right behind me with a pot holder as I jerked my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter