The Scarf (Woobin) [f]

Countdown to Christmas

[AN: As I mentioned, two versions. This is the version for all the noonas with feels for the cute baby. I won't be changing too much, a few things here and there but the story is basically the same. ^^]

 

The dorm was pretty quiet when you arrived, which wasn't all that unusual. The A-prince boys could be just as loud and rambunctious as any other group but sometimes they did need their quiet time. You'd let yourself in, on Woobin's instructions (lazy little thing had whined that he didn't want to get up for the door and that it was too cold anyway). You passed the kitchen, nodding to Minhyuk who was busily cooking dinner and made your way to the living room, spotting Woobin, tucked into a mountain of blankets on the armchair, knitting a nearly complete, long black and grey scarf.

"Bin, you knit?" You asked, plopping down onto the couch and stealing one of Woobin's blankets from his lap.

"Noonaaaaaa! Now I'm cold!" He whined, pouting to get his blanket back.

"Then I guess it's a good thing I brought you hotchocolate, isn't it?" 

Woobin smiled your favorite giant eyesmile and took the offered drink and your heart fluttered.

"It's peppermint dark chocolate. I haven't tried it yet so, we'll see?" You somehow managed to get the words out rather casual sounding, despite how intensely distracted you were by Woobin's cute little tongue darting out to his lips after a sip.

"Hey, noona!" Siyoon peeked into the living room, pouting when he spotted the cup in Woobin's hands. "Playing favorites, noona? What do I have to do to be your favorite? I want treats too!"

"Nope. I'm noona's favorite. You can't have her." Woobin cheeckily teased, thankfully missing the light blush on your cheeks.

"I'm not 'playing favorites'." You defend, patting Woobin's knee as he's now the one pouting. "There are hot chocolates for all of you on the table, I meant to give them to you, but I was distracted."

"You find our maknae that distracting do you?" Siyoon teased, hopping back to narrowly escape your playful swat.

"I meant, I didn't know he could knit, I was just asking him about it.... Do you want your hot chocolate or not?? Deliver the others to Leader, Minhyuk and Seungjun while you're at it, please?" You stuck your tongue out at him and 'shoo'd him away. 

"Oh!" Siyoon called over his shoulder. "Binnie's knitting a present for his crush~"

You turned to look at Woobin, who was staring at the now empty doorway, looking a little sick.

"Hey, Bin, you okay? .... Jongbin?" You poked his knee, finally snapping him out of it and he busily started knitting again, not meeting your gaze.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'd never pressure you to tell me anything you don't want me to know but I'd never tease you either. And it's a beautiful scarf, she's going to love it." You smiled at him to reassure him but at receiving no response you figured you should take that as your cue to exit. "I guess I'll go find Minhyuk and give him a hand in the kitchen. Enjoy your hot chocolate." 

You got up from the couch, carefully trying to maintain the mask hiding your disappointment. You'd hid your crush on Woobin for so long (except for that one night you'd drunkenly cried to Siyoon), now it really was time to get over your feelings. You'd just made it to the doorway when you were stopped, a hand grasping at your wrist. You tried to turn around to face Woobin, but he grabbed your shoulders, letting you know he didn't want you to. So you stood there, back to him, waiting. And then there was a scarf being wrapped around your neck. A pretty, black and grey scarf.

"Noona?" He asked carefully. "I saw you the other day, outside the school, talking to a guy. A handsome guy, closer to your age I didn't realize it until then that I hated the thought of some other guy being the one you visited and took out to movies, that I didn't want you to have a boyfriend. I thought about you kissing some guy and... I felt like I was going to throw up. How could I bear seeing you with someone like that? Noona, I like you."
 You ignored Woobin's hands, trying to keep you still and you spun around, startled to see not only firey red cheeks, but tears threatening to spill from his eyes. 
"
And I know I want to be the only guy that gets to kiss you or hold your hand or... give you my jacket to weat when you're cold, or to cover your legs when you're in a skirt..I don't want to be the guy whose sight your legs are being hidden from..." He laughed nervously, moving to wipe an escaped tear with his sleeve-covered hand but you beat him to it. Tenderly you wiped away the tear, not removing your hand from his cheek

"I wasn't going to give it to you yet but I didn't want you to leave, thinking I liked someone else." Finally his watery eyes met yours and he bit his lip, anticipating your answer.

"Bin?" You couldn't really think straight, you'd resigned yourself to a one-sided love with this boy but now, here he was confessing. You couldn't think of anything that felt 'good enough' to say in response to the words you hadn't even let yourself dream. "Can I kiss you?"

That'll do.

Woobin's eyes widened and he gave a tiny nod. You were impressed at how controlled you were as you leaned in slowly for the kiss, giving him plenty of time to change his mind if he needed to. He cupped your cheek and leaned in the rest of the way, letting out a tiny whimper when your lips met. You kissed him gently and a little more brief that you would have like but there'd be time for long and dirty kisses later, if you had anything to say about it. As you released him from the kiss, Woobin wrapped his arms around your waist and nuzzled into your chest, so you hugged him close and petted his hair. 

"So you've accepted my confession? Does that mean you'll let me be you boyfriend?" Woobin mumble, a hint of tentative worry in his voice again.

"If you'll have me, there's nothing I would want more than to be your girlfriend, Jongbin." You kissed his hair and then unburied his face from your sweater for another sweet kiss. Now that you knew what it felt like and tasted like to have his lips on yours, you weren't sure if you could ever go long without that feeling.

 

[AN: Hm. I think it kind of ended awkwardly.. Sorry? So. That's Woobin. Definitely a lot less Christmas. I guess I'll just have to do another Woobin later... ]