My Purr-fect Christmas

My Purr-fect Christmas

Length: 8.1k *Warning: Word Vomit and excessive amount of fluff that might make you puke*
Listen to Roy Kim's Christmas Day while reading this..... I hope you enjoy this! And Merry Christmas Everybody :D


 

'Twas the week before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there. The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads'.

It was quietly snowing outside and no one was out on the road; everyone was mostly just too afraid of the cold. The majority of people were indoors, cuddled up on their couches near the fireplace, drinking hot chocolate, and watching cheesy Christmas movies.

This also included Yixing and Joonmyun.

After putting their son, Jongin, to sleep they decided to watch 'Fred Claus'. That is how they ended up cuddled up on the couch together. Stolen kisses occurred here and there, and naughty hands were starting to get involved. But before anything could happen, Yixing’s phone went off.

Incoming call from ‘Minseokie’

“Hello?”

“Hey Xingie! I just wanted to ask if we still had plans for eating Christmas dinner at your place.”

“At one in the morning?”

“Hehe, sorry. So?”

“Yeah, but you have to help me cook, okay? I can’t make dinner for five kids on my own.”

“Of course! I’ll tell Jongdae tomorrow, okay, bye! Miss you!”

“Miss you too Min,” Yixing said before pressing the end call button. He turned to Joonmyun with an apologetic look. “Can we do it some other night honey? I’m not in the mood anymore.”

Joonmyun huffed childishly. He got up from the couch and marched upstairs angrily. “Don’t expect anything from me for a week!”

Yixing laughed at his husband’s childish behaviour. “What kind of twenty-eight year old man is he?” He mumbles to himself as he follows his husband up the stairs.

 

The next morning came fast as a five year old Jongin rushes down the stairs excitedly.

“Daddy! Mommy! It’s almost Christmas, can I write a letter to Santa now?” he asks. Christmas was Jongin’s favourite holiday because he got to eat candy canes and cookies and ginge--

“Of course honey,” Joonmyun answered picking up his son. “Are you going to ask for that teddy bear you wanted?” He asked the little boy who was busily on his thumb cutely. His question made Jongin stop his finger and start squirming out of his hold.

“Daddy! I’m not a kid anymore, I’m five years old!” Jongin exclaims a frown appearing on his face. “See?” He held up the number five with his tiny fingers while pouting cutely. “I’m going to get what big boys get!”

“Yeah, and what is that?” His other daddy asks (giggling because his five year old thought he was a big boy), as he walked up to Jongin with a plate of cookies in one hand and a cup of milk in the other. Yixing just finished baking three batches of cookies, they were for their neighbours. 

Jongin looked at his daddy with bright eyes, “A kitty!”

Both parents were stunned at their son’s answer. “A kitty? Why would you want a kitty? And who told you kitties were for big boys?”

“Luhan and Baekhyun hyung said that they got kitties when they turned five and they’re already nine years old,” Jongin explained while trying to grab the cookie but due to his short arms he couldn’t reach them.

“Wait, Jongdae got them a cat?” Yixing whispers into his husband's ear, pushing the plate of cookie closer towards his son. Jongin grabbed the cookie and took a bite happily.

“Mr. Puffles! You don’t remember him? He’s the cutest little thing.”

Yixing rolled his eyes at the other male before taking a seat next to cookie-eater Jongin on the couch. “Were you a good boy this year?”

Jongin nodded eagerly. “I helped you clean the dishes, and I keep my room every time Sehunnie is over.”

His parents giggled at their son’s cuteness.

“Then I’m sure Santa is going to get you what you want. I’ll go buy you a nice card to write to Santa, okay?” Joonmyun said.

“Yay! You guys are the best parents ever,” Jongin announced, running up to hug both his parents.

“I’m going to get a kitty~ I’m going to get a kitty~” The little boy sang as he walked up the stairs.

“Joonmyun! How are we going to get a cat? We don’t know anything about raising one,” The Chinese man muttered angrily, not wanting Jongin to hear their conversation.

The said man walked towards his husband who was sitting on the couch and pulled him into a tight hug, placing a kiss on his forehead.

“I’ll handle everything.”

 

 

 A week passes by in the blink of an eye, and it’s finally Christmas morning.

Little Jongin runs down the stairs excitedly to see what presents Santa brought him this year, he hopes it’s a kitty. Before he makes it to the living room, he remembers that he has to wake his parents before opening presents. So Jongin makes his way back upstairs as fast as his little feet can bring him.

“Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! Its' Christmas and we have to open presents, my kitty is waiting for me downstairs!” Jongin started whining as he tries to drag his parents out of bed.

“Jongin, just open your presents by yourself,” Joonmyun groans as he pulls the blanket over his body again.

“But daddy, we have to open it together,” This time, the boy says it while jumping on his parent’s bed.

“Fine, fine! We’re up, okay?” Joonmyun half-shouts looking over at his still dead-sleeping husband. “Baby, wake up,” The brown haired male says, ruffling his husband’s hair affectionately.

Silence.

“Why not open your presents without daddy, he had a really rough night. He barely slept, let’s go down. Isn’t your kitty is waiting for you?”

“My kitty!”

“Let’s go, big guy,” Joonmyun chuckles before picking up his son and making their way downstairs as Jongin sings Jinglebells.

“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way~ Hurry! I want to see if Mr. Santa Claus ate the cookies or not,” Jongin tries to squirm out of his daddy’s hold, wanting to run downstairs instead.

“Careful! We don’t want an accident before opening our presents, now do we?”

“No,” Pouting Jongin replies.

“Good, see we’re already here. Now go open your presents,” Joonmyun gently puts his son down before the little boy joyfully skips towards the living room.

 

 

“SANTA ACTUALLY GAVE ME A KITTY! AND HE ATE THE COOKIES I BAKED!”

 

 

“What are you going to name him?” Yixing asks his son, now fully awake and making breakfast for his two beloved ones.

“Soo,” Jongin replies, not hesitating one bit. He was trying to grab the kitties' attention by using a small piece of feather that was sticking out from the pillow. The kitty seemed to be enjoying it as ‘he’ chased the feather wherever it went. The little fluff ball was very energetic. He had fur as white as snow, his eyes were olive green; his cute little pink nose made Jongin love him even more. His daddies said it was a Munchkin Persian cat.

“Like the cheese?” Jongin asks his daddies innocently.

“Haha, not Parmesan sweetie, Persian,” Joonmyun tells his adorable son.

Jongin just made an ‘o’ with his mouth.

“Why are you naming it Soo?” Yixing asks curiously.

“Because I’ve always wanted a friend name Soo,” He says, still distracted by the energetic kitty.

“Okay...”

“He’s the most adorable thing in the world,” The black haired boy said, petting his kitty’s head. “I’m going to love you for the rest of my life,” Jongin kisses the kitty’s head sweetly. The kitty looked up at Jongin, tilting his head as if he didn’t understand what his owner just said.

“Meow.”

Jongin giggled at its adorableness before picking it up and giving it a tight hug. “I love you Soo.”

The cat tried to wiggle out of its owner’s hold, but the little boy didn’t budge and the little creature gave up after a few more seconds. ‘Soo’ started purring once Jongin started rubbing it’s jawbone. The little creature seemed to like it and cuddled further into it’s owner’s lap.

“Daddy, can I bring him up to my room?” Jongin asks, looking up at his daddy with his best puppy eyes. “I promise he won’t pee on the carpet, I just want to show him my room. Please?”

“Fine, but behave yourself okay? Don’t scare the little kitty with your messy room,” Joonmyun teased his son.

“I won’t!” Jongin replies happily. “And my room is not messy,” The boy adds.

“Whatever you say,” Yixing inserts teasingly as he walks into the kitchen with his spouse.

“When did you get the kitten?” Yixing then asks once he sees that Jongin has completely left the living room.

“Yesterday, that’s why I made Jongin go over to Sehun and Chanyeol’s place. It was the only way,” The shorter male replies grabbing a cookie and biting it. “He was the most expensive, but the most adorable kitty. It was pretty hard to keep him in the cage the whole night though.”

Yixing sighed. “Hopefully, he isn’t one of those naughty cats that bite everything and rips our curtain into shreds.”

“I don’t think so, the shop keeper said he’s special.” Joonmyun utters. “I have no idea what he meant, but whatever, our Jonginnie is happy and we should also be happy. It is Christmas, after all,” He then leans and gives his husband a sweet kiss. “Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas to you too,” Yixing laughs in between kisses Joonmyun were giving him. “I love you.”

“I love you too. Now, let's go spy on our son to see if he really is taking care of his kitty well or not.”


“Soo! I present to you, my room,” Jongin says as he puts his kitten onto the floor to let it explore the area. “I sleep on the bed over there, and these are the action figure daddy buys me every year on my birthday.”

Jongin’s room was very big.

The walls were coloured baby blue, Jongin’s favourite color. He had a queen size bed (I know, for a five year old) that was covered with Pororo patterned sheets; Krong was on the pillow and Pororo was on the blanket. He had a small desk right next to it and across the room was his toy shelf, he had to admit, he was one of those kids that was crazy about collecting action figures. The bathroom was connected right next to his bedroom with a door near his walk-in closet.

He holds up the marvel action figures but the kitten doesn’t seem to be interested, thus making Jongin pout. Most of its interest was on the fur rug in the middle of the room. It moved its way slowly towards the rug and used it’s paw to poke it a few times before moving onto it. Soo then started to nibble on the fur making Jongin panic and grab the kitty off of the rug.

“Bad boy. You can’t bite that! Daddies will get mad at me,” He said as he placed Soo on the bed instead. “You stay over here and don’t go anywhere,” The kitty’s owner ordered. Soo seemed to be mad and ignored its owner. Instead, it jumped off of the bed and went towards the box where Jongin kept all his toys. Soo found a mouse dolly in the box and when Jongin didn’t notice, he started to bite the dolls head. Once Jongin noticed that his kitty was missing, he started searching the room. He found the little kitty behind the toy box nibbling on a doll. It was the most adorable thing Jongin has ever seen. Since Soo’s teeth hasn’t fully grown, the doll was still completely intact and there was only saliva marks on the doll.

Jongin’s giggle made the kitty stop nibbling on the doll and look at its owner instead. “You’re adorable Soo,” He said to the kitty. Instead of taking the kitty away again, he just sat himself down in front of the kitty. Soo looked at the little boy for a few more seconds before going back to nibbling on the stuffed doll.

The tanned little boy continue to watch his kitty nibble on the doll until he heard the door creak open.

“Jonginnie, do you want to go to the grocery store with me? I’m going to go buy us a big turkey for dinner tonight,” Joonmyun asks.

Jongin looked back at Soo before turning to his dad and shaking his head. “I don’t want to leave Soo alone.”

“Ok then, behave yourself.”

“I will!”

“You too, Soo,” The kitty looks up at the owner of the unfamiliar voice and letting out a small meow, before his attention went back to the doll. Once Joonmyun left the room, Jongin kept watching his cat play with the doll before a thought popped into his head.

“Do you want milk?”

Jongin picked Soo up with his small hands and brought him downstairs. He placed the small kitty on the couch before running into the kitchen. Bumping into his dad along the way.

“Slow down horsey, do you need some help?” Yixing laughed as he saw his son run frantically around.

The little boy hesitated at first but then nodded. “Soo wants milk!”

“Ok then, go wait with him. I’ll pour the milk for him and then I will bring it to you, okay?” Yixing asks making Jongin nod happily. “Good,” He says before ruffling the boys hair.

Yixing watched Jongin skip happily back in the living room. He saw Jongin cradle the little kitty into his son’s small arms over the kitchen counter; Yixing thought it was the most adorable thing he’d ever seen in his whole life. Jongin continues to coo and carress the white kitty in his arms as if he was the most precious thing in the world.

Well, Soo probably was Jongin’s most precious thing in the world.  

Yixing saw how Jongin’s eyes would lit up just by saying the kitty’s name. He thinks that this is the start of a beautiful friendship. But, the male wished Jongin would open up a little more. He was a really shy kid and only tended to hang out with a small group of friends, well more like one person; Sehun. He only knew Luhan and Baekhyun because him and Joonmyun were friends with Minseok and Jongdae since high school. Chanyeol was a plus one because he was Sehun’s big brother and Baekhyun’s best friend.

Hopefully this little kitty will change Jongin, and maybe, make him...

Happier.



 


Joonmyun and Yixing adopted Jongin when the toddler was only one and a half years old. His parents died in a car accident and he got taken to the orphanage. After they got married, they decided that they wanted a son and they decided to adopt. At that time, Jongin was the smallest baby of them all; that’s what caught both of their attention. Once they saw Jongin, they felt the need to give him a warm home, food, love, and a happy life.

They adopted him immediately (okay that might be exaggerating, it took around one month for all the papers to be signed and another 2 weeks to get full rights to the boy). Saying they were happy was probably an understatement. They were ecstatic, overjoyed, blissful even. They finally had a child of their own and they vowed to care of him until the day they died, no matter what.

The family had been happy ever since but once Jongin overheard them talk with Minseok and Jongdae about adopting him, he found out the truth.

Yixing didn’t want to tell Jongin yet since he was still a toddler, but it was too late. Jongin was crying so hard that day Joonmyun and Yixing didn’t know how to stop him. They hugged him, told him they loved him like their own son because he was their son. The three of them slept in the same bed that whole month. Repeatedly telling Jongin that the boy was their son and nothing in the world would ever change that.

Jongin started opening up again and sometimes he would even ask them if they knew who his real parents were or where they are. They just told him that they were in a better place, and they’ve never stopped loving him.

One day, Jongin saw a ballerina dance on the screen and he convinced Yixing to take him to dance lessons. Now Jongin goes to dance lessons every Tuesday and Friday.

Jongin’s a shy boy, but Yixing and Joonmyun couldn’t have asked for a better child.

Which is probably why Jongin is a spoiled brat who gets whatever he wants.

(Joonmyun can never resist his puppy eyes, nor can Yixing.)

 

“Here you go Soo,” Yixing announced as he place the bowl filled with milk down onto the floor. The kitty, out of curiosity, jumped off of his owner’s lap and went towards the bowl. He sniffed it a few times before drinking the milk by using it’s tiny pink tongue. The kitty seemed to enjoy the milk very much; the edges of Soo’s whiskers were already dampened by the milk.

“Don’t drink too much, you’ll get a stomach ache!” Jongin exclaimed innocently, it seemed to work though. The kitty stopped drinking and moved, jumping back up onto Jongin’s lap, its tail wrapping around its own body gracefully.

“Awwwww,” His father cooed. “He really likes you kiddo,” Yixing ruffled the boy's hair. “Take care of him, okay?”

“Of course!” Jongin looks at the kitty before grabbing the TV remote. “Soo, you wanna watch Pororo? I know you’ll love it!” The boy says happily. He switched the TV on and changed the channel to 522, the Cartoon Network channel (I’m making this up okay?!).

“Soo look! Both of your eyes are big, hehe,” Jongin comments cheerily, pointing at Pororo on the screen. The kitty wasn’t paying attention to the TV but more on his owner’s face. The kitty couldn’t stop staring at the child’s face. The way his expression kept changing when Krong was on, or when Pororo was on fascinated the kitty.. Jongin felt the kitty was a little bit too quiet than usual so he decided to look down; he was met by the kitty’s big round olive green eyes that made Jongin more drawn to the kitten.

“Did you know you have beautiful eyes,” Jongin pipes in, tapping the kitty’s nose playfully.

“Meow~”

“Haha, you don’t have to be embarrassed,” Jongin teased playfully.

The kitty seemed annoyed and hopped off of the boy’s lap immediately.

“What a sassy kitty,” Yixing mutters to himself as he takes a seat next to Jongin.



Dinner went by relatively quick compared to other years.

But the reason for it ending so fast was probably because Jongin didn’t want to leave Soo alone for more than three minutes.

The Xiuchen and the Taoris couple were over at their ‘mansion’ (Joonmyun is a very rich man) with their kids; Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun.

Luhan and Baekhyun were nine and seven (and a half, as the boy would always add), whilst Chanyeol and Sehun were seven and five.

When they first arrived, Jongin was so overprotective of Soo that it hurt just watching him. He wouldn’t let any of his hyungs or Sehun touch the kitty, nor go near it. Sehun almost cried because his best friend didn’t let him touch his pet. Jongin didn’t care though, hugging Soo tightly against his chest. Luhan scolded the younger for making his ‘favourite dongsaeng’ almost cry. Jongin just pouted when his dad told him to let the others see Soo.

“They’ll break my Soo!” Jongin argued trying to take the kitty away from Baekhyun.

“Jonginnie, Soo can’t break, he’s not an object,” Yixing reasoned as he tried to calm his son down.

“I’ll buy you a new iPod for your birthday next year if you are a good boy tonight,” Joonmyun tried to bribe.

Jongin didn’t budge.

“Come on Jongin, don’t be mad at me!” His daddy whined. “I love you?”

Jongin still didn’t budge.

“Fine! Be that way,” It was Joonmyun’s turn to pout before walking off to the kitchen, shoulders sagged down.

Once Yixing sees his pouting husband, he quickly ran to his side and pulled him closer by his waist.

“Joonie, you’re 28 years old, don’t act like a baby,” He said.

“But Jonginnie’s being mean to me!”

“Are you kidding right now? You’re his mother, go show him who’s boss,” Yixing encouraged.

“Hey! I’m not the mother in this relationship-”

“Who tops in bed?”

“You do...”

“I rest my case.”

 

 They ate a dinner cooked by Yixing and Minseok, sung Christmas Carols, and watched a Christmas movie. Joonmyun hired a couple of decorators to decorate their house to look like Santa’s workshop for the night and they did a fantastic job. Their house was the most Christmas looking in their neighbourhood.

His maids and butlers were excused at the moment because Yixing refused to let them work during Christmas. He told them to go back to their families and even bought the airplane tickets for some of them who couldn’t afford it.

Anyway, after Yixing and Joonmyun said goodbye to their last guest, they ended up seeing their five year old snuggled up on the couch with his little kitten.

“Aw Xing, look at how cute they are together!” Joonmyun cooed as he walks towards his sleeping son.

Yixing shakes his head amusedly at his husband before waking up Jongin softly.

“Baby, you can’t sleep here. Go sleep in your bed,” Yixing whispers softly, not wanting to scare the small boy.

The boy’s eyes fluttered open slowly. “Can Soo come with me?” He asks with sleepy eyes, glancing down at his kitty who was currently snuggled up on his chest. Soo was laying belly faced up and his short legs were pushed up against his tiny chest. He looked like he was smiling in his sleep.

“Of course sweetie, do you want me to tuck you in?”

“I’m a big boy now daddy, I don’t need you too.”

“Don’t come running to me next week asking me to then.”

“Did daddy say something?”

“No sweetie, now off you go. I love you,” The boy’s father said before kissing his son’s cheek, his daddy also kissing his other cheek.

Jongin giggled softly. “That tickles! Stop it, Soo is going to wake up.”

“Ok, ok, right to bed okay?”

Jongin nods before making his way up the stairs. “Goodnight,” He calls out quietly.

Once the little boy reaches his room,  he first puts Soo down gently onto the bed. He then changed into his pyjamas and snuggled up next to Soo. He pulled the little kitty near his chest, Jongin was actual surprised that the kitty didn’t stir. He quickly checks to see if his kitty is still breathing, sighing out in relief when he sees that the small breathing movements of his little kitten.

“I love you, Soo. I wish I had someone like you in real life, a real boy. That way I can introduce him to you and we could be a happy family just like dad and daddy. Sweet dreams.”

That night, Jongin didn’t have his usual nightmares that occurred because he accidentally watched The Conjuring with his daddies. He slept like a peaceful baby.

Jongin dreamed of Soo and him chasing each other throughout the house.

Jongin imagined introducing his new ‘best friend’ to his kitty.

But what Jongin didn’t actually know was that his wish would soon come true.



The next morning Jongin woke up to an empty bed.

“Soo?” The little boy called out.

Silence.

Once he noticed that there was no kitty sleeping next to him, the boy started panicking a bit.

“Soo?” He called out louder. “Where are you?”

He quickly got off of his bed and searched through his room. He looked under his bed, then on his desk, under his desk, in his walk in closet, and in the toy chest. The kitty was nowhere to be found. So Jongin quickly ran into his parents room, but his daddies also weren’t in their room. Luckily, the black haired boy could smell the scent of bacon coming from downstairs.

“Daddies must be making breakfast,” Jongin said a loud running downstairs. Yixing was currently cooking breakfast and Joonmyun was on the couch watching the news. They were both wearing couple sweaters that said ‘Christmas is a baby shower that went overboard.’ They wore it every year and Jongin still doesn’t understand what it meant.

‘Baby shower? Why would they watch a baby shower?’ He would think to himself every year. But not this year. He was too busy trying to find his missing kitty.

“Daddy! Have you seen Soo? I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find him,” Jongin looked like he was on the verge of crying.

“Did you check the bathroo-”

“Thanks daddy!”

The little boy continued to mutter ‘bathroom’ to himself as he ran back up the stairs. Once he arrived at the door to his bathroom, he was panting softly from all the running he did. He then proceeded to violently opened the door. Jongin’s eye widen at the sight he saw.

He saw a little boy, shorter than him, siting in the bathtub by himself. He had white cat ears but black curly hair. He had a white long tail that was currently wrapped around the boy’s small figure. He was also completely .

“Wait, why do you have c-cat ears, and a t-tail... Who are you?”

“Meow,” The boy replies. His eyes brightened and his ears perked up as he saw the other boy walking into the bathroom. He quickly jumped out of the bathtub and snuggled into Jongin’s leg.

Jongin covered his eyes once he realised the the boy was and hesitated to look down when the boy let out a soft purr.

Gathering all his courage, Jongin looked down noticed that the boy had olive green eyes and his eyes widen in shock. “Soo?” He whispered to himself. The ‘catboy’ seemed to understand what his owner was saying and looked up at him happily. He gave Jongin a bright smile.

“Meow!”

“This can’t be happening.”

“Meow?” Soo said. Tilting his head a bit like he didn’t understand what his owner was saying.

“DADDY! MOMMY!”

 


“So let me get this straight. Last night, you wished for Soo to turn into a human boy? Then when you woke up this morning he disappeared, and you found him in the bathroom, like t-this?” Joonmyun repeated ridiculously, staring at the cat boy (who was busily his pa- hand)  in front of him with complete uncertainty.

He was wearing Jongin’s white shirt and a pair of Buzz lightyear’s boxer Jongin got for his fourth birthday.

Jongin nodded eagerly. “I opened the door and I saw Soo sitting in the shower. I-I thought it was a bad guy like in the movies you watch, but then I saw the white ears and tail and I knew it was Soo.”

“Yixing, this is impossible,” The said man looks at his husband. “There is no way a cat turned into a little boy. It’s c-crazy! It goes against every law of nature,” Joonmyun looked like he was about to explode any second now.

“Honey, I know it’s crazy. But it happened. We can’t do anything about it,” He explained calmly, turning to look at the cat boy.

“Soo, can you talk?”

“Meow.”

“I’ll take that as a no then.”

“Meow?”

“Whatever.”

“Meow!” The little cat boy exclaimed before jumping onto Yixing. He nuzzled his nose into the man’s neck and purred softly.

The man was shocked from the sudden contact but laughed it off, hugging the small boy in process.

“We need to teach him how to speak!”

“AM I THE ONLY SANE PERSON HERE?!” Joonmyun yelled out as he ran up stairs. “YOU GUYS ARE ALL MAD!”

“Dad, I think mommy is mad at us,” Jongin said as he tried to pry Soo off of his dad not liking the closeness between the two.

Soo seemed to notice his original owner’s presence and let go of the other man immediately, choosing to snuggle up next to Jongin instead. The boy smiled softly as his cat boy. “I think we should make him something to eat.”

That is how Yixing ended up cooking three pieces of salmon while an eager Soo waits behind him.

“Meow?” Soo lets out quietly, peering at the fish that was frying in the pan from behind Yixing. His tail was swinging left to right, a sign of curiosity. His olive coloured eyes widen in curiosity.

“It’s called Salmon,” The elder explains. “It’s a fish I think you will like very much, it’s Jongin’s favourite.”

“My favourite food is chicken!” Jongin screams from the living room, he was currently watching Pororo by himself he must add. Soo left him after smelling the fish being fried.

“That is true, but he also loves salmon,” Yixing said so only Soo can hear, making the little cat boy giggle.

“Jonginnwie!”

Yixing immediately froze before turning around to look at Soo. “Did you just speak?”

“Jonginnwie?” The cat boy repeated.

“Oh dear glob, Jongin, Soo just said your name,” Yixing exclaims dramatically. The mentioned boy quickly runs into the kitchen.

“Jonginnwie!” The cat boy calls out merrily as he runs up to giver the taller male a tight hug. He wraps his tail around his owner happily.

“Soo! You just said my name!” Jongin said. He was grinning widely as he hugged his kitty back.

“Meow~”

“He’s a fast learner, needs a little work on pronunciation, but overall everything is good.”

“Oh daddy! Since we’re waiting for the food to finish cooking, can me and Soo go outside to play? It’s snowing!” He asked.

“Sure, just get Soo a thick jacket to wear, he might not be used to the cold.”

“Okay, Soo wait here okay?” Jongin said to him. The cat boy let out a small ‘meow’ before Jongin disappeared into another room.

Five minutes later he came back with a black North Face winter jacket, a white scarf, a pair of gloves, and a pair of denim jeans.

“I hope they’re not too big for you,” Jongin mumbles as he puts on the clothes for the boy. It turns out that the jacket and pants were too big for him, but not by a lot. The jacket did make Soo look like very tiny, but Jongin thinks that the boy looks adorable. Soo’s ears twitched as Jongin’s warm hand slightly brushed pass his ears when the boy was putting the scarf around his neck, but he didn’t mind (when Jongin first found Soo in boy form, he touched his ears and the cat boy jerked back, completely frightened). He also helped the cat boy put on his fluffy gloves that made Soo giggle once he touched his ears with his gloves. (Jongin had to ask Yixing to cut holes in his jeans so Soo’s tail can go through).

Once Jongin and Soo put on their boots, Jongin opened the door that lead out to their garden slowly. The curious kitty trailed behind the boy quietly. Once he saw the pure white snow that were falling down, he was beyond astounded. The snow fell onto his ears, making them twitch in amusement. His milky cheeks were starting to turn a slight shade of pink due to the cold air and Jongin had to admit that it was the most beautiful view he had ever seen. The boy’s hair was slightly ruffled but it made him look ten times more innocent than he really was. His olive eyes were also shining a lighter shade.

Soo looked around to see that the garden was completely white and he hid his nose in his scarf once the cold wind blew in their direction. His tail instinctively wrapped around his body for warmth. Jongin saw that the boy was cold so he sticked closer to Soo wherever he went, hoping that he would radiate a little bit of heat for the other boy.

The cat boy continued to explore into this magical substance people called ‘snow’. He sat down on one of the stone trails that lead to the green house as he played with the snow on the ground. Jongin crouched down next to him and showed Soo all the different things they could do with the snow. For instance, making a snow ball.

‘Jonginwie!” Soo let out in annoyance when Jongin threw a snow ball at him. The boy looked down at the snow, he then grabbed a pile into his hand and formed it into a ball before throwing it back at his owner.

The cat boy laughed once he saw he hit Jongin completely in the face.

They continued to play in the snow until Yixing called them back into the house to eat breakfast.

Jongin and Soo were both laughing as they entered the warm house. Their cloth boots were soaked from the snow, and Jongin quickly pulled them off of Soo. He then helped Soo out of his jacket and hung it up on the cloth rack (which took a really long time because Jongin was still too short to reach the rack).

“I know both of you are very hungr-”

Yixing was cut off of his sentence once he saw Kyungsoo take the fish into his mouth, using his hands and chewing it with his mouth open.

“Soo! That’s not how you eat,” Yixing scolds. “Put it down right now, you’re not a cat anymore. You’re human, kind of, but still! You should start acting more like one.”

Soo’s ears tilted downwards after being scolded. Jongin quickly grabbed a pair of chopsticks that was next to him and put it in Soo’s hand.

“Here use this, hold it like this,” Jongin demonstrates while picking up a piece of salmon and putting it into his mouth.

The cat boy tried to copy but dropped his chopsticks instead. The boy started whining after his tenth failed attempt of using the chopsticks.

Yixing sighed before handing Soo a fork instead. “Try these instead, we’ll teach you how to use them later,” He said that last part to himself. Suddenly, Yixing remembered that his husband was still upstairs and called him down to eat breakfast.

“I AM NOT EATING WITH INSANE PEOPLE AND A CAT, THING, BOY, WHATEVER IT IS!” His husband shouted from upstairs.

The Chinese man rolled his eyes at his husband’s behaviour before looking at Soo who was making more process using a fork than chopsticks.

This was going to be a long day.



A year passes by quickly and Kyungsoo (they gave him a new name so he’d seem more human like and it’s a nicer name) now knows how to speak, and they decided that January 12th would be his birthday because Jongin wanted his birthday to be close with the younger.

They did notice that Kyungsoo grew faster than regular boys did but then he suddenly stopped. So they concluded that the cat boy was around a year older than Jongin, even though he was only three months old when they first got him.

You might think that cat boys might have slower brain developments or that Kyungsoo was less smart than other kids, but that is totally wrong.

Kyungsoo was probably the smartest kid in his class. He got top grades in every subject, and he was also the teacher’s pet (not to sound offensive or anything like that).

The kids didn’t accept Kyungsoo at first because he wasn’t ‘normal’ and that his eyes made him look ugly because Koreans don’t usually have that eye color, but as time went by, they came to like Kyungsoo’s ears and tail. They said he looked like a superhero they’d seen somewhere before. The catboy hung out with Sehun and Jongin most of the time, and he also took a liking towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun because they all went to the same school.

Yixing and Joonmyun took Kyungsoo in like their own son and treated him equally to Jongin. They loved him and cared for him, and they couldn’t have been any happier. When they first wanted to take Kyungsoo out, they hid his tail and ears because they were scared people will be disgusted. But after a while everyone in their neighbourhood became okay with it so they thought it would be okay for them to show Soo to the world.

People who passed by the boy looked at him strangely, as if he was a boy who wore fake cat ears and tail for fun. But once they knew it was real, they were beyond shocked. People got over it eventually and by the time Kyungsoo turned 18 and Jongin turned 17, it became a normal thing for everyone around them (there would still be some bullying cases in school though).

And through all these years, Jongin never loved Kyungsoo any less.

Throughout their whole childhood, Jongin stayed by Kyungsoo and even protected him from all the bullies that used to call Kyungsoo ‘disgusting’ and ‘weird’. Jongin still remembers holding the elder to sleep every night because the boy thought he really was disgusting and weird.

“But I have cat ears Jongin, and I have a tail. I’m not normal,” Kyungsoo sobbed into Jongin’s chest. His tail was wrapped around the younger’s waist.

The younger kissed the cat boy’s forehead sweetly. He looks into those beautiful olive eyes that him in every time. “Don’t listen to them, they're a bunch of bastards who deserve to die because they don’t know how amazing you truly are. Hyung, you are the most amazing and nice person I know, you are a little bit weird but in a good way. Everyone’s weird in their own way, even I’m weird. I’m a fifteen year old who still sleeps with a Krong dolly.”

Kyungsoo giggled a little when Jongin pointed towards the doll that was lying next to the younger.

“Don’t cry anymore hyung, I’m here for you. I’ll always be here for you because I love you hyung,” The taller confesses. “I know I always tell you I love you but not in a way a brother loves his brother, but in a way a man should love a women. And you might think that I don’t know what love is because I’m only fifteen, but hyung. If what I am feeling right now when I am with you is not love, then I don’t know what love feels like. I love you to the moon and back. There is no one I care as much about than you,” He finishes.

Kyungsoo sobs stopped halfway through Jongin’s speech, but tears started falling out of his eyes again once the younger finished his speech. “I love you too, I’ve loved you since I first met you.”

That night was Jongin and Kyungsoo’s official first kiss.

They told Jongin’s parents the next morning.

What they didn’t expect was for them to laugh and hug them tightly.

“We were wondering when you’d get together. Jongin’s been giving you the heart eyes since he was six years old,” Yixing teased making both of the boys in front of him blush. He then turns to his husband who looked anxiouos.

“I won the bet, you better be prepared for tonight,” Yixing said, smirking as he saw Joonmyun tense up.

“Ew Dad! Gross, don’t say stuff like that in front of me and Soo,” Jongin exclaims disgustedly, Kyungsoo just giggled.

“We’ll be leaving for school now Mr. Kim,” Kyungsoo bowed politely. Joonmyun’s frozen state completely disappears once he hears call him ‘Mr Kim’.

“Kyungsoo, how many times do I have to tell you, call us dad,” He explains ruffling the boy’s hair, his ears twitch nervously as his ‘soon to be father in law’ brush past his ears.

“I’m sorry, sir.”

“Why are you sorry?”

Kyungsoo rubs his neck sheepishly as he taps Jongin with his tail, signalling his now ‘boyfriend’ to save him from drowning in embarrassment.

Jongin seemed to have caught on and quickly bid farewell to his parents. “Well look at the time! Me and Soo are going to be late, love ya!” The brown haired male (yes he dyed his hair to brown instead of black) says quickly before dragging his boyfriend out of the house.

Once they were outside, Jongin quickly pulled Kyungsoo closer by his waist. “I think I deserve a kiss from saving you back there,” He said smirking once he sees that the elder is blushing. His ears were tilted upwards as if he’d been caught trying to steal cat nip from the kitchen (which had happened once actually).

“Stop it! Your parents might see,” Kyungsoo hissed.

“No they won’t. They’re probably too busy fu-”

“If you finish that sentence, I will personally kill you,” Kyungsoo threatens. Knowing that the younger isn’t going to let go of his waist, he decided to used his tail to push the younger’s head closer to his. He pecked the younger’s lips softly before using all his strength (+ his tail) to push away from him.


He quickly ran ahead, leaving a grinning Jongin to watch his boyfriend scramble away cutely.

“Wait for me!”



Kyungsoo got accepted to Seoul National University, where he was going to major in cooking.

He was actually going to major in singing at first. His interest and love in singing started after he met Baekhyun and Jongdae. They both introduced him to singing and throughout high school they sang together, but his love for cooking was bigger. He started to help Yixing make dinner every night and he loved creating new recipes. He became more confident in it whenever Jongin complimented him, or any of his friends.

 Chanyeol was majoring in music composition because he wanted to make it big one day and Luhan, who was already a second year in university, was already majoring in music composition in SNU (he didn’t want to go somewhere far because he didn’t want to leave his boyfriend).

Jongin and Sehun were attending their last year of high school and when they graduate, they’re going to apply to SNU too. Kyungsoo couldn’t be any happier to know that all of his close friends were going to be going to the same school as him once more.

His life couldn’t get any better



“Jongin! I’m home,” Kyungsoo calls out as sets down his apartment key on the shoe drawer. “Jongin?” He calls out again, wondering where his boyfriend was. He took of his thick winter coat, because it was Christmas time again). He unwrapped his scarf that Jongin got for him last year and wiggled out of his tight boots.   

After college they bought an apartment in the Gangnam district (yes, Jongin was freaking rich because of his dad). Kyungsoo actually didn’t want to live in such a high class district, but he couldn't say no to the younger once he uses his puppy eyes and rubs his head affectionately. Jongin knows too much about his secret pleasure spot (not ually, you beasts!). Kyungsoo loved being rubbed behind the ear, it helped him relax and Jongin knew that.

“Hyung!” A frantic looking Jongin comes running out of the kitchen. “You weren’t supposed to be home until 8.”

“The restaurant let me out early tonight because it's Christmas eve.”

Kyungsoo gave Jongin a weird look before walking up to the younger. Jongin seemed to be hesitant though and tried to block Kyungsoo’s view of the kitchen. “What are you up to?”

“N-Nothing!” Jongin stutters nervously.

“Jongin, I’ve known you for 20 years, I think I can tell if something is up,” Kyungsoo said before pushing Jongin away with his tail, revealing his precious kitchen that was now filled with black and thick smoke. Kyungsoo coughed after breathing in the smoke and used his tail to wave away the smoke that was going into his face.

“Please don’t kill me! I just wanted to make us a romantic Christmas dinner, it’s the most important time of year for me,” Jongin explains desperately.

“I will give you three seconds to go to your room. If you are still here, I will beat you with my spatula!” Kyungsoo roared (it looked adorable in Jongin’s opinion because a cat boy tried to roar like a lion).

“Ok, ok, don’t kill me, please!” Jongin said before running out of the kitchen.

An hour later and Jongin hears a knock on the door.

“You can come out now,” He heard the other male mutter from behind the door. Jongin opened the door slowly, not wanting to see his Kyungsoo still furious from his actions earlier. Instead, Jongin sees his cat boy wrapped in a pink apron and holding a wooden spoon with red sauce on it. His white ears were turned back slightly and his black hair was tousled in a very cute way.

“I made dinner, here,” --He points the wooden spoon near Jongin’s mouth-- “Try this.”

Jongin took the spoon from Kyungsoo’s hand and it slightly. His eye brighten up immediately. “That tastes amazing, you have more of it right?”

Kyungsoo nods before leading the younger to their dinner table.

There was lemon and herb roasted chicken in the middle, two bowls of rice on each end and kimchi spaghetti next to the chicken as a side dish.

“I had to throw away ALL of your food because it was all burnt, how did you manage to burn pasta?”

Jongin ruffled his hair sheepishly. “I have zero talent in cooking.”

“I can tell,” Kyungsoo replies but a small smile appears on his lips. “Thank you for trying though, it means a lot to me.”

The black haired male mutters shyly making Jongin coo him mentally.

‘How can this adorable man love me?’

“Come here,” Jongin says softly. Kyungsoo shuffles towards Jongin embarrassedly before hugging his boyfriend tightly. Jongin nuzzles his nose into Kyungsoo’s hair, he smelt like lemon and chocolate.

“I love you,” Jongin breaths, hugging Kyungsoo even tighter.

“I love you too, now let’s eat before the food gets cold,” The smaller says as he pulls away, tip toeing to peck his boyfriend’s lips first before taking a seat.

They ate, talked about their day and so on. Jongin told him about the kids he was teaching in the afternoon and how happy they were to learn ballet and Kyungsoo told Jongin about his job in the kitchen.  Ten minutes before the clock struck twelve, Kyungsoo made them both a cup of hot chocolate and they ended up cuddling on the couch watching a cheesy Christmas movie where the guy confesses to the girl he loves that he loves her on Christmas after fighting a snow storm to get to her.

Half way through the movie, they found themselves lost in each other’s eyes instead of watching the movie. Kyungsoo turned off the TV by using his tail and Jongin proceeded in kissing the living day lights out of him.
 
Jongin’s lips tasted like hot chocolate and the chicken they had for dinner, but Kyungsoo didn’t mind. As they made their way to the bedroom, lips still locked together, Kyungsoo pulls away to catch his breath.

“I got an offer to work at Pierre Gagnaire a Seoul,” Kyungsoo said in between kisses.

Jongin broke the kiss and looked and Kyungsoo with wide eyes. “You serious?”

The cat boy ginned and nodded.

“The head chef from the restaurant came to ask me personally after I cooked his dinner.”

“Really now?” Jongin sounded impressed. “Did he find your ears and tail surprising?”

“I saw him look, but he didn’t say anything,” Kyungsoo said while touching his ears. “I think I look pretty cute with these, don’t you think?” The cat boy teasingly asked.

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo into another kiss. “You wanna know what I think?”

The smaller nodded.

“I think my boyfriend deserves a special present tonight,” Jongin mutters seductively before pushing Kyungsoo onto their bed. Jongin quickly joins him on the bed, hovering over the cat boy’s small figure. “This is part of your Christmas present, you know that right?”

Kyungsoo smiled at his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around his neck and his tail around the younger’s waist. “Then I would have to declare this Christmas to be the perfect Christmas.”

Jongin kissed Kyungsoo’s lips fondly. “No, it’s our purr-fect Christmas.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After five rounds of amazing love making, both of them laid in bed cuddled up with each other.

“You see what I did, when I said ‘Purr-fect Christmas’. You’re half cat and cats purr and--”

“Go to sleep.”

“You’ve got to admit that it was impressive!”

“Shut up, you idiot.”

“But I’m your idiot- ow that hurt Kyungie!”

“Whatever.”


SO that was my first time writing a one shot. *Hides behind a christmas tree becasue it was probably terrible*
Anyway I hoped you enjoyed it. Since it was my first one shot I would really appreciate if you guys left a comment or smt idk. Hehe
Anyways, Merry Christmas and a happy new year everybody!
Wherever you are in the world, please be careful not to catch a cold, stay warm, stay cold (?), and enjoy the holiday spirit.
Love you all >~<


P.S Big thanks to my lovely beta who had to edit this piece of trash, I love you! Merry Christmas to you too <3 Love you hyung -3-