Final

Comes and goes

Kris was happy. Not the happiest, but happy enough. He was seating in his desk, taking some courage to stand up and go home. Next to his turned off office computer, there was a portrait with a picture of him and his smiling fiancée. She was so beautiful, exaclty his type. Kris thought he was very lucky to find her. She was kind and caring with everyone around her and also made people laugh. She was perfect. And she loved him.

 

And he also loved her.

 

Did he?

 

...

 

Of course, he was going to marry her tomorrow. You don't marry people you don't love.

 

...

 

He just needed a walk. The work was tough today. She was right, he should've taken the day off.

 

Kris took a deep breath and stood up from his (very confortable) chair, took his coat and left the room. On his way to the elevator some co-workers congratulated him on his wedding. He nodded in response with a small smile on his lips. After entering the elevator and pressing the button, he leaned his back on the mirror and started wondering. It was his last night as a single free man. He was supposed to be out in the night with his friends partying wild and drinking and seeing some strippers.

 

Maybe he would do that. Maybe he could call his best male when he got on the first floor and they would go out to get some girls.

 

...

 

Who was he trying to fool, he wouldn't do that even when he was single.

 

Ok, he was just going to the nearest park wander a bit and then go home to rest for what was going to surely be the most important day of his life. He sighed.

 

The doors opened, Kris left the elevator and walked to the exit of the building. After looking at both sides, the guy was having troubles knowing where to go. So he just stood still. There was nowhere to be, so he would wait destiny to tell him the right path.

 

Maybe he was just thinking it too hard. He should just take his phone and search for the nearest place. But standing still with no commitment to make with his way felt really inviting. So he just did.

 

He looked up to the sky and realized there was no stars. Too bad. He really liked stars. Then he stared at the clouds. They were different today. Maybe that was a sign. A sign that something was going to be different tonight. Maybe someth...

 

*BAM*

 

A tiny girl bumped into him, taking his balance away and sprawling her thing on the ground. "Oh God, I'm so sorry!" She said. She was cute and had a childish face.

 

Kris hated girls with childish faces.

 

But maybe that was the sign he was asking for.

 

Maybe not.

 

Damn, screw it. He was going to try.

 

She started to take her stuff from the floor nervously and as she picked, they kept falling from her arms. Kris then helped her and held some of the objects: notebooks, pencils, a toy gun... Wait, why did she have a toy gun?

 

He looked at her with confusion in his eyes and as she realized what the man was holding, a deep shade of red took her cheek.

 

"It's not what you think" She said, kinda panicking. "Please please please don't take this the wrong way!"

 

"Can I take you to a cup of coffee?" She received in response, which made her shocked.

 

Kris decided he would play a little with this girl. He would play with his destiny.

 

"Of course, if you say no, I'll feel the need, as a citizen, to report you to the police for carrying guns around town and..."

 

"No no no, I'll go with you!" She said, with a scared expression. This man looks too mean to ignore.

 

"Good!" Kris said with a wide smile. The hard expression completaly gone from his face. "Let's go!"

 

Ok, this man changed moods really fast and that freaked her out.

 

“I know a great place near. Oh, what’s your name?” He said, like he never threatened her before.

 

“S-Seo Rin” She stuttered.

 

“Oh, hi! My name is Kris!” The man stood his hand to give hers a shake.

 

She grabbed his hand a quickly shook it so they wouldn’t stay too long touching each other.

 

The guy then guided her to the coffee shop in silence. Should he say something? Should he tell her that she is his destiny? No, he must keep quiet. She is just regular girl that was unfortunate to meet.

 

When they got into the shop, Kris pulled a chair for Seo Rin to sit. The waitress brought the menu and left after they had picked.

 

And then they were quiet.

 

The girl looked anywhere but Kris face. Kris didn’t look anywhere but her face.

 

And they stood still, until their orders arrived.

 

Seo Rin avidly grabbed her cup of coffee and quickly took a sip, getting burned.

 

Kris smiled softly after seeing the scene. “You shouldn’t go so fast.”

 

“You’re scary and I just wanna leave.” She blurted out, only to cover his mouth right after. Damn it, he may kill her right now.

 

“I’m not a killer, you have my word. I’m the one who should be scared, you carry a gun around...” The man pretended he didn’t know it was a toy.

 

“No! You got it all wrong! It’s fake! It’s just a toy!” The girl pulled the gun of her purse and put it on the table so the other could check for himself. Three seconds later, the cashier screamed frightened.

 

“OH MY GOD SHE HAS A GUN!” The woman announced, making the crowd on the store agitated.

 

“SOMEBODY CALL THE COPS” A customer yelled, before pulling his own phone and dialing.

 

“NO NO THIS IS NOT A GUN” Seo Rin took the object on her hands and started pointing at people, receiving scared noises in return.

 

“PEOPLE PLEASE CALM DOWN” The girl started claiming with desperation. “THIS IS NOT REAL”

 

But the more she tried to pacify the public, more restless they became. So Kris suddenly got up, throwed some notes on the table, grabbed Seo Rin’s hand and pulled her out of the place.

 

“Kris, it’s hurting!” She said, only after they were far away from the shop and she felt safe to be let go.

 

 

“Oh, sorry.” The man released her and looked in her eyes. “Are you OK?”

 

“Yes.” The girl answered, after rubbing her hand on her pants. “Well, now that we’ve already had our coffee, I’m leaving.” She then turned around and started walking away, stopping when realizing they were in front of an amusement park. 

 

“I haven’t been in one of these in ages.” She said, with wonder in her eyes.

 

“Me neither.” He answered, coming closer. “Since we didn’t actually have time to drink the coffee before you attempted to rob the whole place, you still own me. Let’s go.” Kris grabbed Seo Rin’s hand for the second time that night and pulled her inside the place.

 

“Dude, stop pulling me around.” The woman looked at him with disdain before looking at the roller coaster and yelling “I wanna go on that one!” Then she realized that it was wrong to simply sell herself for a roller coaster ride, so she soon completed “Then I’ll leave.”

 

The man laughed a bit before saying “Wait here, I’ll buy some tickets.”

 

As he walked to the line, Kris thought if that was cheating. He was about to spend the night with another woman. A woman destiny sent him. His fiancée probably wouldn’t appreciate it, but screw it. It was his last night as a single man and he was going to enjoy it. It’s not like he’s going to her anyway. And his future wife didn’t have to know. The almost-married man then decided that he would just enjoy what life has given him, which was a weird girl and an amusement park.

 

After getting the tickets, Kris walked back only to find Seo Rin staring intensely at a shooting tent. There was a giant teddy hippo as the main prize and she really wanted that hippo.

 

She REALLY wanted that hippo.

 

The girl turned around and started looking for Kris. After she found him, she ran in his direction and yelled “BOY I WANT THAT HIPPO.”

 

The man stared at her eyes with a little of disbelief. Five minutes ago she wanted to go away and now she wants a hippo. This girl must have something wrong with her mind or something. But she looked very determined to get that hippo, so he wouldn’t get in her way, she might hurt him.

 

“Sure, here’s some tickets, try it.” Kris gave her a few tickets and watched as she run in the direction of the stall.

 

 

Seo Rin gave the paper to the ajhussi and took the gun in her hands. The girl aimed accurately. “Hippo, you’re gonna be mine” She said before pulling the trigger.

 

Right after the shot, looked at the target, really hopeful. But then she heard Kris’ laughter and realized that the bullet was in the can that only gave her a rubber lizard.

 

“Nooooooooo! I wanted the hippo!” The woman complained as she received her prize.

 

Kris observed her face as disappointment spread in it. He decided to help the girl.

 

“Give me the gun.” The man said to the ajhussi as he gave him a ticket.

 

Seo Rin just observed Kris as he put himself in a stupid pose.

 

“What are you doing?” She asked with a judging look in her eyes.

 

“Getting you that hippo.” He answered, without looking back.

 

Kris curved himself and supported the gun in his shoulder, aiming at the target. His legs were a little opened as he bent his knee to get to the right height to shoot. The man looked ridiculous, but didn’t realized it. The goal was the hippo and he was focused on that. The girl was really making a great effort to hold her laughter, and sometimes she failed it as a few chuckles would escape . After this moment of concentration, Kris pulled the trigger.

 

And hit the right can.

 

“Yes you got my hippo!” Seo Rin cheered loudly. Kris saw the bright smile in her face and felt something churn on his inside. She had a beautiful smile in that childish face.

 

“Thank you so much!” The woman said as the ajhussi gave her the so wanted hippo. She hugged the teddy with a lot of joy and that made Kris’s heart flutter a bit. Just a bit. Ok, maybe more than a bit. But not much more.

 

“Well, I gave you a present.” Kris said, grabbing her attention. “I think that deserves more than just a walk in an amusement park.”

 

Seo Rin throwed him an incredulous look. “Man, I don’t even know you.”

 

“That didn’t keep you from getting that hippo and hugging it as if it was your life.” Kris answered with a smirk.

 

She looked at the ground. He was right, so she had two options. The girl could return the teddy and leave or she could stay more time with this stranger who looked like a psychopath and keep the beloved hippo. It was a hard choice. No, actually not. It was an obvious choice.

 

“Ok, I’m staying.” The girl said with a sigh. There was a very great chance that she won’t get out alive of this night, but she didn’t care. There was a hippo at stake here, and she wouldn’t give it up so easily.

 

“Good!” Kris smiled widely, brushing off the scary vibe of him again. “Now let’s go to the roller coaster!” He turned around and started to walk, knowing the other would follow him.

 

As they got closer to the toy, Seo Rin grew excited. She really liked roller coasters, but hadn’t been in one for a long time. This life of stress and work stopped her from doing some things she used to love.

 

By the time they got in the line, the girl was already doing a little dance of anticipation. Kris observed it with attention as if she was from another planet. This woman was so different from his future wife. She didn’t have a single tear of shame in her. She wasn’t elegant. She didn’t dress well. She was just worried about whether they will or won’t ride that roller coaster and nothing else matters. It was funny. He didn’t know what was going to happen if they had to wait much longer. Thankfully, it was almost their time.

 

After waiting a few more minutes of silence and observation, they got into the toy. Seo Rin’s eyes shined as she looked at the way the path they were going. When the car started moving, Seo Rin was in an uproar. As they moved up and down, Kris observed the girl next to him reach her of fascination. Sometimes she would scream and enjoy, sometimes she would just close her eyes and enjoy. Her feelings oscillated up and down in his eyes, according to the roller coaster. It was amazing.

 

When the ride came to an end, the woman was ecstatic. Her eyes looked so calm and happy. He never thought he would see such a peaceful expression in the other’s eyes.

 

“You really like roller coasters, right?” Kris said as Seo Rin was grabbing her things back from the lockers next to the toy.

 

“Yes. It makes me feel alive.” She answered with a smile. It felt so good. She was ready to go anywhere this weird man wanted. He took her to a roller coaster so he couldn’t be so bad.

 

“There, I wanna go there now.” Kris pointed at the merry-go-round.

 

What the hell? This was the most boring toy in an amusement park.  Why did a man like Kris would want to go on one of these? Well, at this point she didn’t have a say.

 

“Ok, let’s go.” She said, with a small smile remaining from the previous ride.

 

They headed to the desired toy and, as expected, there was no line. Kris handed the instructor two tickets while she left her thing in the other locker and then they seated, each one in a unicorn. When the toy started to move, the man felt good. It reminded him of his childhood in Canada playing with his family. He missed it so much. The freedom, the lack of responsibility. The perspective of a bright future. A calm sensation took his body and he felt totally relaxed.

 

Seo Rin observed as the guy closed his eyes and wore a serene expression. Suddenly all the fear she felt for him vanished, and a warm feeling took her body as she looked the happy person in front of her eyes. Instead of being afraid, in that moment she started to have empathy for the other. The girl felt weirdly good in seeing Kris have that nice aspect in his face.

 

It didn’t take long until the toy stopped spinning. The magic was gone and now he had to go back to real life. The fact that he was going to get married tomorrow. As both left the merry, the man sighed. How he wished to go back in time.

 

When they stood from their unicorns, both looked at each other and smiled widely. All the tension between them disappeared and a closer feeling grew in their insides.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt the cute couple, but the park is closing.”

 

“Ah, but I wanted to go on the bumper car!” Kris said, pouting.

 

“Sorry buddy, you’re gonna have to bring her again tomorrow.”

 

Kris looked at her and said “Maybe I will”, knowing very well that it wasn’t the truth.

 

After hearing his words, Seo Rin blushed a bit and turned around to stop the man from seeing it. “Let’s go” She said after grabbing her stuff back,  walking in the direction of the exit.  The other followed.

 

“Where are going now?” She said, as soon as they passed through the gates. “It’s late and I wanna go home, so take me to the other place quickly.” The girl was trying to cover that she actually wanted to spend more time with the man.

 

“Let me think where to go...” Kris looked up while wondering. Then he smiled. Seo Rin’s eyes followed his and found out the reason: he was looking at Namsan Tower. They looked at each other and as she panicked a little, he kept smiling. The guy didn’t seem to realize that it was a place to couples, romantic couples. Was this his way to hit on her?

 

 

Next thing she saw was Kris had already stopped a cab and opened the door for her to go in. The girl looked at him with shocked eyes.

 

“Come on, get in.” He said, pulling her pulse lightly.

 

She sighed and got into the car, after putting her hippo in one of the seats. He got right after her and gave instructions to the driver.

 

“Look, are you sure you wanna go to that place?” Seo Rin said, still apprehensive.

 

“Yes. It’s a beautiful view from up there.” He answered, confused about the other’s question.

 

“Yeah, but it’s a place for couples. And we’re strangers.” The girl stated the obvious.

 

“I don’t go merry-go-round with strangers.” The man answered, without looking at her.

 

Seo Rin gave up. She would just go wherever this guy wanted.

 

The rest of the way was spent in silence. When they arrived at the no-cars zone, Kris paid the taxi and they started walking side by side.

 

“So, now that we’re here and we have a way until the tower, let’s talk. Who are you and why do you have a gun?” The man said, interested in knowing his destiny.

 

“I’m just a random girl that bumped you in the street and now, for no specific reason, owns you walks. And the gun is not real.” She answered.

 

“Come on, we’ll never see each other after this night. Spit it out.” The man pleaded.

 

He was right. She was needing to put everything out to a stranger. After walking a bit in silence, the girl finally said:

 

“The truth is I don’t really know who I am. I feel like I’m in a river just going with the tide, without having nowhere or no one to help me out of here.” She sighed. Maybe she had said too much.

 

“I’ll tell you who you are.” Kris answered. “You are my destiny.”

 

“What?” The woman was genuinely confused about that sentence.

 

“Look, we’re here.” They had arrived at the entrance of the tower.

 

He walked a bit faster to arrive at the ticket office. He bought two and waited for Seo Rin to come closer. When she came, they both got in. Without saying anything, they both got into the elevator straight to the observatory. It was too late to the museum.

 

When they got to the peak, they looked at the landscape and smiled widely.

 

“Gosh, Seoul is so beautiful at night.” Seo Rin said, mesmerized.

 

“My thoughts exactly.” Kris answered.

 

They spent a long time in silence walking through the room. The view was so beautiful, none of them wanted to leave. But aftet a while Kris’ tummy growled, the man hadn’t eaten anything since lunch.

 

“Seo Rin, I’m hungry.” The man said, pouting.

 

Gee, he looked so cute. That girl froze for 4 seconds, looking at that expression that she never thought would be possible in that face.

 

“Ok, let’s go to the restaurant.” She said that only to regret when they arrived there. As she looked at the menu, the girl was about to faint with the prices.

 

“Well” she said, closing the menu, “I thing I’m gonna just watch you. I’m not hungry, actually.” The truth is that she was starving, but the money was short and the dishes were expensive.

 

Kris wondered a bit. Why is she acting like this? Then he realized that the problem.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay.” He smile softly. When the girl was about to make an objection, the man completed “I insist.”

 

“Well, I’ll take your kindness since I’ll never see you again.” She said, hiding her disappointment. This guy is actually pretty nice. He bought her food and gave her a hippo. No one had ever done this two things by her earlier. They both ordered and then silence.

 

Few minutes later, she broke it by asking “So, what did you mean by ‘I’m your destiny’?”

 

Kris laughed a bit while blushing. "I shouldn't have told you that."

 

"Yeah but you said it so now explain it." The girl used a demanding tone.

 

"Well..." He wondered if telling her about everything about this night and the wedding was the right thing to do. After thinking a bit, the man decided to half-lie. "The fact is that I just feel as lost as you, so I was just standing in the sidewalk waiting for my destiny to take me somewhere. And you came up." Kris smiled softly.

 

"Kris, this is nonsense." Seo Rin said, after blushing a little.

 

"If you think so..." The man's grin faltered.

 

At this moment, their food arrived and they ate it deliciously and silently.

 

After the meal, it was paying time. The waiter brought the check and handed it to Kris. Seo Rin looked apprehensive. What if the man had changed his mind? What if he asked her to go dutch? She didn't have money to buy an ice cream, even more pay a dinner at Namsan Tower.

 

Kris realized her nervousness and calmed her down. "Relax, I'm paying. Of course this means you own me another one, so... We're going somewhere after this place." He put a few notes inside the check and returned it.

 

"What? You're kidding right?" The girl pretended to be upset about leaving with the man. "Dude, I don't even know you! I have a life and appointments early tomorrow! I wanna go home." She lied.

 

"I have appointments early tomorrow too." The guy smiled sadly. He wished she hadn't reminded him of that.

 

"Hey, why do you look so sad suddenly?" The woman asked. Did she say something wrong?

 

"No, nothing." He sighed. The waiter came back with his change and now they were good to go. "Let's leave, ok?"

 

"Yeah, fine."

 

They stood up, Seo Rin grabbed her stuff and they left the tower. It was late and they'd probably close soon.

 

"So, where are we going now?" The girl asked, relieved that they didn’t have time to visit the Locks Of Love.

 

“I don’t know, every place in the city must be closed at this time...” He answered. “What about we go to a park?” The man’s face brightened. He liked seeing flowers, but that was something he hid from his fiancée. After all, it wasn’t a very masculine thing. Last time he got to eye some blossoms was when choosing the ornaments for the wedding.

 

“We could walk around Namsan Park.” The woman said, pointing the obvious.

 

“Great idea!” He hadn’t realized the obvious.

 

So they just started walking through the park, occasionally making a comment about the plants. After a while walking, they were tired, so both decided to sit down and take a breath.

 

“So, you mysterious man. Tell me something about your future.” Seo Rin said, laying down her head on her hippo’s tummy.

 

“My future?” The man chuckled, also laying on the ground. “My future is actually very blank.”

 

“Come on, you have to be sure about at least one thing in your life. For example: I’m sure that tomorrow I’ll be very screwed because I didn’t even start a job that I’m supposed to show the client in three days.” The girl said, sighing.

 

“Well. I’m getting married tomorrow. This is the only thing I’m sure of.” Kris said with a tranquil tone.

 

“What?!” Seo Rin said. Just as she thought she was starting to understand that strange guy. “What do you mean you’re getting married tomorrow? Is this real?”

 

“Yes.” The man answered with a sad smile. “You’re my bachelor party.” He looked at her.

 

“You don’t seem so happy to get married.” She said. The truth is that it actually hurt a little to know that this man who has been nice to her all night was going to become some other girl’s husband in a few hours. “Do you love her?” She asked in hope to get a negative answer.

 

“I don’t know. I think so. I wouldn’t have said yes if I didn’t love her, right?” He said, genuinely confused about his feelings.

 

Her heart broke a little. Just a little. “Wait, you said yes?”

 

“Yeah, she was the one who purposed. She said I was taking too long and she didn’t want to get married old.” Kris answered in a melancholic tone. “Maybe I should’ve just said no.”

 

“Kris, there’s still time to say no.”

 

“Yeah, but she is such a nice lady. She doesn’t deserve to have her heart broken in the isle in front of her whole giant family. Look, an owl!” He pointed at the sky.

 

“But what about your happiness? By the way, this is not an owl, this is a crow.”

 

“I think I’m happy by her side, and if I’m not, I’ll learn too. Are you sure it’s not an owl?” The man asked with an uncertain voice.

 

“What if you never learn to be happy? Yes, I’m sure it’s a crow.” She said with assertiveness.

 

“Too bad, I like owls.” He sighed. He’d been sighing a lot lately.

 

“You didn’t answer my question.” Seo Rin said carefully.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

And they both quieted down for a few minutes.

 

“Kris, you’re a nice guy. I don’t want you to be miserable for the rest of your life.” The woman sighed too.

 

“A few hours ago I was just a strange man and now I’m a nice guy? I feel like I updated a level.” He laughed, not in a funny tone.

 

“This is not the time for jokes.” She seated with her legs crossed and looked at Kris’ eyes. “Don’t do it.”

 

“Sorry, but there’s nothing you can do about it.” The man struggled to answer without stuttering. She looked amazing from this angle. Maybe he was just sleepy. ”You are very beautiful.” Kris said, covering his mouth right after. Why had he said that?

 

“What’s the use of me being pretty if you’re going to get married tomorrow...” She scoffed while laying down again. It was too late, she was drowsy and there was no need to keep pretending she doesn’t like the guy.

 

“You make it sound as if you enjoy being here. I’m sorry for making you do all this things with me, it’s very stupid. I shouldn’t have put you in the middle of my confusion.” The man felt bad about it.

 

“Don’t apologize, it was a nice evening.” She said with a lack of emotion in her voice. “Look, it’s late so I’m gonna say it: I had a lot of fun today. I haven’t felt like someone cared in a long time. Thank you for that.” The girl said, looking to the sky.

 

This time it was Kris’ turn to sit down and look at her eyes. She looked at him and they stood still for a few seconds. Then he said “screw it” and layed down on her belly. Seo Rin was scared for a while but then realized it was just Kris. She put her hand on his hair and started caressing it. Both should feel guilty, but it felt so right.

 

“This is not cheating, right?” She asked.

 

“Not if we don’t kiss.” He answered.

 

They stayed silent for a while. Kris decided to break the ice. “So, what do you do for living?”

 

“I’m a drawer for a publicity company. I’m supposed to do start drawing something to be the album cover of a band, and it should involve a gun.” She sighed. The woman had no idea of what to draw.

 

“Oh, now it makes sense. You know, you shouldn’t show that thing around. World is crazy and people are frightened of everything.” He warned.

 

“Yeah, I learned it the hard way.” She chuckled. “And you, what do you do?”

 

“I’m just an office worker. I’m the manager of the administrative department of a large conglomerate. Believe me, the salary is high, but doesn’t pay off the stress.” Kris rubbed her eyes. His usual sleep time was hours ago.

 

“How did you meet your fiancée?” Seo Rin asked, curious about the lucky woman.

 

“She is the daughter of the CEO and has a chair in the board of directors. We met in one of the meetings. I was tired and wanted some company one of those days, so I asked her out. She clearly wanted more than a hangout, so I just complied. Maybe I should have stopped her earlier...” He sighed.

 

“Yeah, you should’ve.” The girl answered. The fact was that she would probably wouldn’t even get to the feet of his fiancée. She must be beautiful and elegant.

 

“I wish I had met you earlier.” He turned around and buried his face in her neck.

 

“Me too.” She smiled softly.

 

“Rin, are you happy?” The man asked, as if he was asking the time.

 

“I don’t know. I like my job and it has a decent pay, so I think I’m happy.” She said. She would be happier if he didn’t get married tomorrow, but the

girl preferred not to say it. “And you?”

 

“I’m happy right now, and that’s what matters.” Seo Rin could feel his smile as the guy kissed his collar for the first and last time.

 

Seo Rin pulled his head to support it on the hippo’s legs and tied their hands together. They observed each other’s faces with curiosity and wonder. Both of them knew this was the first and the last time they would be spending the night together.

 

“You should get some sleep, it’s your wedding day.” The girl said.

 

“No, I wanna keep looking at your face so I won’t forget it. You’re really not my type, you know?” He laughed.

 

The woman pouted. “You don’t like me. Should I leave?” She said with no actual intention to go away.

 

“No, I’ll look at your infantile appearance until you become my ideal girl.” His nose touched hers in an eskimo kiss.

 

They ended up staying in this position until both fell asleep. Few hours later, Seo Rin woke up. She looked at Kris and realized they shouldn’t have done this. This man didn’t belong to her future. They were from different worlds, and she jumped on his for one night. Soon it would be time for her to go back. The woman thought about their time together. She actually didn’t know the reason why she changed her route home today and went through the longer way. She didn’t know if it was a blessing or a curse, meeting Kris. This moment, Seo Rin wished she had been less lazy and walked through the bigger path months earlier so maybe she could have accidentally found him.

 

He looked so good in his sleep.

 

The girl took the toy gun and placed next to his hand. Then she took her sketchbook and started drawing a picture of the scene. That was a good scene for an album cover, a gangster in his moment of peace. Her boss is going to love it.

 

When she was almost finishing, Kris woke up. Before opening his eyes, he touched his surroundings looking for the girl and sat up quickly when he didn’t find her, only the gun. When the man eyed the other, a relieved expression came over his face.

 

She chuckled at his reaction. The woman dropped her sketchbook and hugged her legs, looking at the man. They stared at each other with sad smiles in their eyes. Both knew the time to say goodbye was near.

 

“You were drawing me?” He said, taking the gun in his hand.

 

“Yep, you are a resting gangster in my mind right now.” She put her hand in front of her face to form a portrait and smiled.

 

“Should I pose for you?” The man pointed the gun to his chin and gave her a y look. She laughed out loud, because he looked really stupid in that position.

 

He laughed too and came near her. Kris took look at his watch and realized it was almost sunrise. They looked around and saw some people doing their daily jogging before work, meaning it was already time for them to go.

 

“I don’t wanna leave you.” Kris said sorrowfully.

 

“Me neither.” The girl answered, a tear falling from her eye. “But it’s time to move on. We are not meant to be.” She said, softly touching his cheek.

 

He leaned his face in her hands and sighed. They both know this wasn’t love. Nobody falls in love in one night. It was different feeling. They simply started caring a lot for each other in a short period. It just escalated quickly. Both also realized that if they continued meeting, this would evolve into something more, and Kris couldn’t take this risk. He also cared about his fiancée and didn’t want to see her hurt.

 

They both sighed and stood up. Kris hugged Seo Rin and kissed her head. She hugged back and put her forehead on the crook of his neck. This positon was remained for a few minutes, until they unhugged, tied hands and started walking slowly and silently in the direction of the exit. Arriving there, they looked at each other. It was time to leave.

 

“Promise me you’ll try to be happy.” She said, with tears in her eyes.

 

“I promise. You’ll do the same right?” He answered, wiping her face.

 

“I promise.” She smiled sadly.

 

“Let’s do it, ok? We’ll turn around and walk. And don’t look back.”

 

“Ok. Let’s do it. On your count to three.”

 

Kris held her face and started getting near. Their mouths aiming for each other. When their lips were mere millimeters from each other, the man quickly counted to three and they turned around.

 

And started walking. Without looking back.

 

And parted ways forever.