Starbucks Lovers

Starbucks Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson wasn't a believer of what they called 'love at first sight'. How was that even possible? That was surely superficial. 

Unlike other people who believed in such, he actually had a criteria for liking someone:

1. He wanted the person to be fun to be with. Though, he would like someone who was less loud than he was, or was able to keep up with him. Just to even things out.

2. The personality. He hated conceited people. Though, he was. Most of the time. Like he said, just to balance the whole relationship.

3. A special talent. Singing, dancing, playing instruments, whichever. As long as the person had this unique thing. 

4. The looks.The person didn't have to be extra good looking. He just wanted a clean and organized person. Regardless of gender.

Yes, the wild & y, as he described himself, swung both ways. He was cool like that.

Those were just a couple of things. He could make a whole list, and it could even be endless. People would actually ask him, was there such a person? Actually, there was. Someone actually passed his checklist.

Mark Tuan.

That name, that person, haunted him. Even in his sleep. It was maddening. This was really driving him crazy. He never called it love at first sight. Like he said, he didn'tbelieve in such. It was more like a small, harmless crush. 

It was a rainy afternoon that time. He just finished fencing practice. His friends tried talking him into drinking at Barom's place. Since, most of them were really stressed out. It was tempting, but he wasn't really in mood to drink anything alcoholic. So, he had to decline. He decided to spend time in a coffee shop. It was around 3 pm, when he went to Starbucks. The place was jam-packed, since a lot of people were craving for warmth and shelter from the bad weather. He placed his bag on the empty chair next to him, not wanting anyong to accompany him.

He was cool, like that. Plus, he wasn't in his best mood.

Things were pretty much the same. Being a regular customer at this certain branch, the baristas always acknowledged him. The door opened, and his head raised automatically. He had this habit of looking up, whenever there was a new customer. 

The person got his attention, in an instant.

The boy, who was probably around his age or so, had roaring, bright, red hair. But, it complimented the person's whole look. And, that warm smile could brighten up anyone's day. Why was his heart pounding like this?

It seemed that the person was searching for something. An empty seat, maybe? One of the baristas, Henry, approached him.

"Excuse me, Jackson. Do you have someone with you?" It seemed that he was at lost for words. He shook his head, nonetheless. "Would it be okay for Mark to sit with you? As you can see, the place is filled with people."

"O-of course." He never stuttered. Why now? Henry left, and soon came back with the redhaired boy. Wow, the boy was more handsome up close.

"Thannk you, for letting me sit." Mark smiled at him, showing those pearly white teeth the boy owned. 

Wait, was he actually blushing from this?

"No problem." It was a good thing his voice didn't crack, or it would've been too humiliating. He took his bag, placing it on the floor. 

The redhead placed his backpack on the table, taking out a laptop afterwards. While the other was busy, Jackson took this time to observe the boy.

Mark had beautiful, captivating eyes. A sharp nose, milky-white skin, and plump lips. His eyes trailed down to the boy's fingers, tapping on the wooden table.

Very beautiful hands. He thought.

Mark seemed like a year older than him, but he wasn't really sure. The redhead looked so reserved and quiet. 

What the hell happened to his cockiness? It probably left and went home without him. He wanted to commence some small talk, but it was too awkward. He could approach anyone. He was cool, like that. But, what was this? He couldn't even move an inch. 

But, after two unbrearable, uncomfortable, and excruciating hours. Mark started to pack up. He couldn't help but feel disappointed. He didn't even try to make any type of contact, whatsoever.

The person stood up, carrying the backpack with his hand. "I need to go. Thanks again. I'm Mark, by the way."  He already knew that. The redhead let out a hand. He grabbed the hand, slowly shaking it.

"Jackson. And, it was no problem." Mark's hand was so warm and so soft. They shared a smile, but the other boy's was brighter. Their hands pulled away. But, he could still feel the ghost of the redhead's hand on his.

"I gues I'll see you around, Jackson. Thanks again." The boy's voice was music to his ears. 

Soon, Mark left. He sighed, remembering how he literally choked and did nothing to talk to the redhead. He took his bag, frustrated with himself. He walked up to the counter, ordering a sandwich to go.

"Hey, Henry. Does Mark come here often?" He was a regular here, but he this was the first time he saw that boy.

"I think I already saw him twice." 

"Mark's not a regular here. But, he drops by. Every now and then." The other employee, Amber, interjected. She goofily grinned at the two. "He's cute, huh?" 

Him and Henry nodded.

He was more disappointed now. Maybe, meeting Mark next time would only be by chance. The redhead wpuld be added to his list of people he fancied. He felt that he wouldn't be able to see that person anymore.

Or, so he thought.

A few days later, him and his friends went to the same cafe. Just like he expected, Mark wasn't there. He chuckled. He was actually expecting the boy to be there, even with a minimal chance for it to happen. It was just a small crush. Though, it wouldn't hurt for some eye-candy.

As usual, the gang was in high spirits. Barom kept babbling about this party on Saturday. Peniel was telling this lame pick-up line, which never actually worked on anyone. Aron was laughing about something James said. Eli kept ranting about not being able to go to the gym yesterday. These were his friends. More like blood brothers. 

The door opened, and his head shot up. He couldn't believe it. It was Mark. The person he wanted to see. 

Unlike before, the place wasn'tt filled with customers. And, the redhead easily found a spot to sit on, two tables away from them, to be exact. He wasm't really sure if his crush gave him a small smile, or maybe he was just imagining things. It seemed that Mark was still working on that paper.

The bonette looks good on him. He thought. Though, it looked like he wasn't the only one who noticed Mark. He could hear his friends talking about the same person he was checking out. They were having this small contest. 

A contest, to see who could get Mark's cellphone number. There were three contenders. Him, Eli, and Peniel. Because, it wouldn't hurt to try. He had the upperhand, since he knew wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter