Find Me

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six months have passed so quickly, since I first came to Korea and it was already midterm, meaning there were a lot of exams coming up. I decided to go to the library, because somehow I could study the best in public places. I easily got distracted, so it was impossible for me to learn at home. There, something always came in between, the phone, my dog, the TV, my laptop, even the wall was becoming extremely interesting while studying.  I looked around the library searching for an empty seat, when I spotted an untouched table in the corner of the room. I walked over to that table and placed my books onto it, taking a seat. My mind was so focused on my studies, that I completely forgot about time, until someone called me back to reality.

„I’m so glad you don’t have a Korean name,“ a male voice said, causing me to look up from my books. My eyes widened as I saw Sungbin, the stranger I had met at the club, sitting in front of me. I couldn't help but wonder how long he had already been there, since I didn’t take notice of him at all.

„Why?“ I titled my head and looked at him with a puzzled expression on my tired face.

„Because if you had a Korean name, I wouldn’t have been able to find you so easily. I bet there are at least three ‚Lim Sungbins‘ in this university,“ he let out a laugh. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned back, staring at me quietly.

„What?“ I let out a nervous chuckle and looked to the side awkwardly.

„Nothing,“ he shrugged his shoulders casually. „I was just admiring your beauty.“
My head shot up to him while my eyes widened in surprise. I could feel the blood rushing up to my cheeks, turning them into a crimson red. I held up the book in my hands, trying to hide my face behind it. Sungbin chuckled at my behavior. „Journalism,“ he remarked as he read the caption of the book.

„Yeah, I’m majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication,“ I explained and put the book down, finally being able to look into his eyes again. „What about you?“

„Fine Arts, Scultpure,“ he told me.

„Oh, so you’re an artist,“ I said and nodded my head impressed. I always had a thing for people working in the arts. I could not point out what it was, that attracted me, but their way of thinking was so different. They looked at the world with different eyes. You could be looking at the same thing, but their perception would be different than yours. It always amazed me.

„Why Korea?“ He then asked leaning forward curiously.

„I actually never planned to study here. I applied just for fun. I only went here to improve my Korean. But when I got accepted I decided to stay,“ I told him and he occasionally nodded his head, showing interest in what I was saying.

„You can speak Korean?“ He looked at you in disbelief.

„Of course. I have them Asian genes,“ I laughed.

„Really?“ His eyes widened in surprise. He came closer with his face, staring at me closely, making me feel a bit uncomfortable. „Now that you’ve mentioned it, you do have Asian features,“ he noticed.

„Can you please go and talk somewhere else?!“ A Korean student hissed angrily. He was glaring at the two of us with an annoyed expression on his face.

„Sorry,“ we both said in unison, apologizing immediately. Too immersed in the conversation we forgot that we were actually in the library where others tried to study.

„Let’s get out of here,“ he whispered and nodded to the door.

„But…,“ I tried to protest, but he didn’t let me finish my sentence. Instead he grabbed my books and stood up, walking outside with them, leaving me with no other choice than to follow him.

„Sungbin!“

„You know here in Korea, you have to call older guys ‚op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter