Chapter 1

Statue of Love

“Hey, why did you leave me?” Sehun panted. Sitting down next to his friend. “Those girls are crazy. You know that.” He said as a matter-of-fact.

Jongin looked up from the book his reading. “And whose fault is that?” He rolled his eyes. “You know that I don't like being the center of attention.” And of course Sehun knew that.

Sehun and Jongin were together for many years. They know the secret of each other. They keep on bickering with each other but their other friends know that that is their way of showing their love for each other.

“You know that I hate crowds right?” He sighs.

“Yeah, I know. Sorry about that.” Sehun laid down. “I just thought that maybe it's time for some change you know?” He closed his eyes. “I just wanted you to have some friends.”

“I don't need them. I have you and our other friends.” He closed his book and glanced up towards the sky. Autumn season is always the best for Jongin. He always like to watch the leaves falling from the trees. It seems peaceful and somewhat magical. “That's enough for me.”

Sehun sighed. His friend is known in their village as the youngest gifted sculptor. He has many admirers. Young ladies that always gossiping about how handsome, cool, talented, well mannered and gorgeous he is. Yet he is very shy and awkward around people. He always tend to be alone, reading his books or staring from afar.

Sehun knew the reason. Jongin has no one when he was a child. No parents, no other relatives like him. They were both from the orphanage but since then he noticed that he likes to stay away from other children.

Sehun smiled as he remembered how they became close. He remembered seeing Jongin cornered by a group of bullies, shaking in fear. And for apparent reason he felt something inside him snap so he took a step forward.

 

“Hey you!” Little Sehun glared at the kid who he assumed the leader of the oh so called gang of bullies.

“What do you want kid?” The kid said without sparing a glance to him.

“Can you pleathse sthop that?” The other kids laugh at him.

“Hahaha. Look at him! How cuute … he has a lisp.” The boy held his forehead pretending to faint.

The other kids laugh some more. He can feel the sting in his eyes.

Jongin saw the tears pooling from the boys eyes. He is thankful for the kid but he can't let the other kids continue what they're doing because it should be him not the little boy.

“Stop that!” Jongin shouted. Anger starting to take over his calm side.

“Oh look at that.” The boy mused. Forgetting about him. “What now?” He asked.

“Leave him alone.” Jongin said calmly.

“And why wou-”

“Or else I will tell the whole orphanage about your secret.” Jongin looked directly at his eyes.

The boy noticed the mischievous glint in his eyes and widened his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but his other friends started to run leaving alone. Without thinking he quietly followed the others and since that day they never bothered looking at the both of them.

Jongin took hesitant a step towards Sehun. “Hey, kid. Are you alright?” He asked worriedly.

“Yeah. I'm fine.” He looked at Jongin and bit his lip.

“Hey, is there any problem?” Jongin asked.

The boy shook his head. “Thankths.” He said shyly. Feeling the reddening of his cheeks.

Jongin laugh quietly. “No. I should be the one thanking you.” He smiled softly at the boy. Thinking that maybe they can be friends. “What's your name?”

“Thehun.” The boy shaked his head. “N-no I mean Th-Sehun.”

“Sehun,” Jongin looked thoughtfully. “can we be friends?”

Sehun is shocked. No one ever asked him to be their friend but he think that maybe this is his chance so he nodded and beam at Jongin.

“Friends?” Jongin asked offering his pinky finger. Sehun stared at it wondering what to do.

Jongin can't help himself at that and laughed loudly. “Hahaha. You're so funny!” Sehun pouted at that.

“Here,” Jongin grabbed Sehun's pinky finger and laced it with his own. “it means that we promise that we will be at each others side no matter what.” Jongin beamed. “And by the way my name is Jongin.”

 

By that time they become inseparable. When they grew up they decided to leave the orphanage. Finding multiple jobs just to sustain their needs. Now, who could have thought that these two will be popular in their village.

"You know what," Jongin look at Sehun and noticed that the other is not listening at him. This .

"Ouch!" Sehun rubbed his head and glared at his friend. "What was that for?"

"What was that for?!" Jongin looked incredulously at his friend. "That's for not listening to me. You brat!"

Sehun chuckled. Jongin is really a kid at heart. "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." He sat up. "What were you saying by the way?"

"I said," Jongin sighed exasperatedly. "Let's go home. I'm hungry."

The two of them walked while keep on chatting about their everyday life. From their two friends who have kindly adopt the both of them and became their older brothers to their not so blossoming love life. "You know," Sehun started. "I really envy Chanyeol hyung and Baekhyun hyung's relationship."

Jongin frowned. "Why?"

"Don't you see the way they look at each other?" Sehun paused. "It's like, they have the world in their eyes when they glanced at each other. I mean-"

"You mean, you wish you have someone with you like them. Right?" Jongin looked at Sehun knowingly. Besides, even though there are a lot of girls practically throwing themselves at them, they cannot bring theirselves from committing knowing that they only want them because of their looks.

They want a relationship that will last long. They want to have someone that will love them with who they are not what they are capable of doing. They wanted to experience those magical myths according to the elders in their village involving their island's goddess of love; Venus. A true love.

"Well yeah." Sehun admitted bashfully. "If that's what you want to hear." He sighs.

Jongin became quiet through their journey. Seemingly loss in his own thoughts. I wanted that too. He glanced up towards the sky and prayed to the gods to have his own other half. Where are you?

Without his knowing, the goddess of love herself is watching them from afar. Taking a pity for the both of them because she knew that this two were a great person. She smiled to herself. Don't worry, handsome lads. You will be waiting no more. She smirked. This is fun.


A/N:

Sorry for the delay. T_T

I know this is crap but I hope you will still enjoy it.