First Snow

Secret Santa

               On Sunday, I had a feeling of wearing my favorite leather jacket, so I wore it together with boots and a beanie. I walked out of my house and I didn’t have the mood to drive my car, instead I used a bus. On the way to school, my heart was thumping real hard. Why was I feeling so nervous and my cheeks felt really hot. I got Yongguk’s gift, it was perfect. I wanted to give him a sweater with a bunny picture with it but it was too expensive, so I got him a bunch of candy canes, green, white and red in color.

 

            Once I arrived in school, some were setting up tents providing beverages, I smelled hot chocolate and marshmallows. I see some waiting for their partner and friends. “Gaeul!” someone called out my name, I turned to see Soyu running up to me. She hugged me and we spun around happily. “You seemed excited about something.” I said while looking at her giggling.

“Yeah,” she blushed. “I received my Secret Santa gift, it’s a cookie mix. I love these!” she exclaimed.

Well, she got her present and still no sight of my Secret Santa. Obviously, it wasn’t Daehyun… I guess, I hope! So bummed, I wish I was on a vacation right now and I wanna cringe at the corner. “Do you know who your Secret Santa is?” I asked.

“Nope, we will meet later on. I’m waiting for him.” She had to go and I was left alone again, I casually walked around for a while and stopped near a game called Ring Toss. Students were already coming in and playing and receiving gifts. I felt lifeless.

 

            Then there he was, there were no words to express his looks. It was Daehyun, he was standing with a gift on his hand and my guess was he was waiting for someone. I approached him, “Hey, what’s up.”

“Waiting for my Secret Santa to come,” he blushed. Okay, queue in the sad song. I knew it, I wasn’t his Secret Santa and he wasn’t mine and whatever. I slightly nodded and awkwardly talked with him, the both of us were in the same page. That was then I realized something, I never had feelings with Daehyun. Yeah, before it was super crazy but now, it was different.

 

              Just then, I saw Yongguk walking towards a stall. He was about to buy a drink, I quickly walked to him and said hi. “Hi,” he sounded down.

“Something wrong?” it didn’t matter what but I was happy to see him.

“Nothing, really, I have to go.” He avoided eye contact. I stopped him from going, he carefully let go of my hand and walked near the school building. I kept asking him to tell me what was going on but he denied and said he was fine, I know he was lying. After blurting out my questions to him, he put a box in front of me and looked away. I took it and there was a card stuck to it.

“Open it later,” he said.

“What,” I mouthed. Yongguk was my Secret Santa? No wonder he doesn’t talk about it that much. I had his gift but I was too shy to give it to him. I took all the courage and gave him his gift, he looked stunned. Yet again, there was silence and awkwardness between us.

“We both are Secret Santa to each other huh,” he chuckled.

 

             Suddenly, I felt something fell lightly on my hair and it was cold. I looked up and saw snow falling. “The first snow,” I said.

I was actually excited that I get to see the first snow, I took a selca with Yongguk and captioned ‘The First Snow’.

 

To Be Continued~