He's My Brother

He's My Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo's Point of View
 

"This is Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and he is part of our family from today onwards."

So that is where Appa and Umma went this morning, to the adoption centre of course. How can I not remember the past few weeks when our coffee table had been buried under the papers after papers of adoption forms and the information sheets, pictures after pictures of boys accompanied with a short introduction beneath it. Of course they would be adopting another child, I should have seen it coming especially after Umma suffered from a miscarriage years ago and the doctors diagnosed her body as too weak and too dangerous for her to have a second child.

"Hi, I am Myungsoo. How old are you?" I directed my question to the boy hiding behind Appa, too shy to make any eye contact with me, looking everywhere else around the house but me.

How cute. He can't possibly be older than 10 right? I mean, look at those big puppy eyes that screams cute to anybody looking at him, how can anyone ever say no to his expressive eyes? Or his rosy cheeks that would put the bushes of pink roses lining our fence outside to shame. Not to mention, his short brownish locks that seem to catch light in every single way.

"I am 10 this year!"

Sungyeol pointed out 10 fingers as he broke out in a toothy grin.

Oh god. Please tell me it's a crime to have such a perfect smile.

Of course I am right. How can he possibly be older if he looked so cute?

"I am 12  this year, that makes me your hyung. Now, how about a tour around the house dongsaeng?"

I could feel my parents boring a grin onto my back.

Bet my entire Harry Potter series that my parents thought that I wouldn't be friendly to my new dongsaeng. Who can deny such a cute dongsaeng? Maybe having another person around the house would be fun afterall.

I brought him out to our front yard first where a huge tree stood in front of us with a swing dangling down from one of its branches. I smiled to myself as I remembered how my, or should I say, our father built for me when I was young. It had been a good accompanient whenever I am feeling down or lonely.

"Would you like to give the swing a try, dongsaengie?"

 

Fast forward 6 years later:

'YAH MYUNGIE PALLI PALLI THE BUS IS HERE. WE ARE LAAAAAATE."

"It's Saturday Yeol."

"I know."

I groaned inwardly. Where is that sweet boy I used to push all day on the slide?  Who replaced him with this annoying and retarded person jumping up and down on my bed now?

"What is it Yeol?"

"Appa and Umma are going on a business trip again! WE HAVE THE HOUSE ALONE TO OURSELVES.''

''What?"

I threw away the blanket before rushing downstairs to find my parents in their bedroom packing up.

"Ah there you are Myung. I wanted to tell you later that you mother and I would be leaving in an hour's time to Singapore for a business trip seeing how you were asleep but I am guessing that your brother had already told you the news." My father grumbled as he tried to squeeze the luggage shut.

"You could have folded the clothes up? I swear you are just like that ball of energy upstairs." My mother nagged at him as she opened the luggage up again, cringing at the sight of the stack of unfolded, ccrumpled clothes thrown into the luggage.

A ball of energy is a total understatement. It's a whole planet of energy in him.

''WHO'S A BALL OF ENERGY? ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT ME?'' Said planet of energy bounced through the door as he made a tackle onto the bed.

"As I was saying, your mother and I would be head-"

"SO WE HAVE THE HOUSE TO OURSELVES FOR HOW MANY DAYS?"

"If I didn't know, I would thought that you hate me and want me to leave the house forever." Appa grumbled again.

"For three to four weeks, honey." Umma said, as she finally controlled the luggage that refused to close at the beckoning of Appa.

"FREEEEEEEDOM." Yeol shouted as he ran around the house, announcing to the pots of flowers, the furniture as he screamed the news at the top of his lungs.

I am surprised that the President in China hadn't hear his voice yet.

"Myung, you are 18 now. I trust that you can take care of yourself, your brother and the house for this period of time?"

"Sure Umma."

"No partying in the house, no staying up later than 1am, no-"

"Sure Umma." I interupted before she could give me an ocean full of rules.

"I just want you two to be safe, you know h-"

"SURE UMMA."

"Now where's my salute lad?" Appa attempted to give a mock salute before chugging the luggage out of the room door towards the taxi parked outside.

"Are they gone yet?" Yeol asked as he stepped into the doorway just after Umma and Appa got into a taxi and made their way to the airport.

"Just."

"YAAAY" He whispered as he snuggled into the crook of my neck. "I miss doing this to you when they are around." You have no idea what else you are doing to my heart.

Sungyeol grew up well. I mean, puberty did him good. Reeeal good. Blessed with perfect eyesight, he did not need glasses to hide his warm brown eyes that seem to sparkle like how the stars does. Straight brown hair that curls ever so slightly at the ends, he is the epitome of perfect. To me that is. I mean, there is a reason why he got voted as the top 10 cutest guy on campus just a month he enrolled. Even I took a whole semester ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter