Pink and Blue

Rough Sketches

Title: Pink and Blue

Genre: Fluff, kid!au

Summary: Jongin is pink. Kyungsoo is blue. Sehun is a little green.

 

a/n: I finally had the time to finish this because we're done setting up the art exhibit for our college week (I'm typing this on the commute tho lol. Me having extra time is a lie). A guy submitted pencil illustrations of Yeol and Myun last week and I was like... (meme face), and then someone sent an oil pastel illustration of Tao. Being an arts and design student sure is fun. I even got a hug from my prof last week and today we're matchy matchy in outfits. Lmao. I love my big Baymax prof. He's just so squishy. Super late Happy Valentines!

 

It's another day at the local kindergarten and the children are busy coloring their artworks. The theme for their current art class today happens to be draw your bestfriend. 

To say Jongin was excited was an understatement. Anything related to Kyungsoo always made him giddy. The said boy however, was a bit more quiet than usual because Sehun was sad he drew Jongin instead of him. He thought he was the older's favorite dongsaeng but he didn't know Jongin had him beat by a couple more hugs, and playdates. Sehun is now at the farthest corner of the room glaring at Jongin who is now seated beside Kyungsoo, the two totally oblivious inside their little bubble. 

 

"Hey Nini, can you pass me the pink crayon?"

 

"Okay. Can I see what you're drawing though?"

 

"You already know it's you, so you'll have to wait till we present it later to see it." Kyungsoo grins snatching the pink crayon from Jongin's hand. 

 

 

When it's time to present their artwork, Kyungsoo volunteers to go first, a big toothy grin on his face. He waddles to the front, up the little platform with his artwork clutched to his chest. He turns to the class, and shows his drawing of Jongin. It's a little distorted but there is a resemblance to Jongin, with the big pouty lips, sleepy eyes, and tanned skin. Kyungsoo was just about to explain his artwork when Jongin stops him abruptly.

 

"Why is my hair pink? It's so girly." Kyungsoo jolts a little from Jongin's accusing voice. 

 

"Pink is a nice color Jongin. It's like cotton candy." A jealous Sehun retorts. 

 

"But it's a girl's color! I even have a flower crown on it."

 

"Shut up. Be thankful Kyungsoo hyung even drew you when he could've drawn me." The boy huffs and pats the head of a now teary-eyed Kyungsoo. Sehun escorts him back to his seat before he goes up on the front to give Jongin a glare, and eventually start his presentation.

 

"As Jongin rudely interrupted Kyungsoo hyung, and is currently unable to explain his work, I shall go first." Jongin rolls his eyes and gives Kyungsoo his hanky... his favorite poodle hanky to wipe his snot. Jongin thinks its 'ew' but he doesn't want his hyung to cry anymore anyway. 

 

"Teacher Minnie said to draw our best friend. Well to me, he's my bestfriend but he didn't actually draw me. Instead he drew someone who actually whined about it. Rude." Cue in huffing sounds from Oh Sehun.  

 

"Anyway, I drew the two of us together. It's me and Kyungsoo hyung." Sehun shows his drawing and it's even more distorted than what Kyungsoo did. Well, he's 5 so it's okay. Kyungsoo was drawn with red hair and Sehun had green. When asked why, it's because he wanted it to be Christmas themed. 

 

A few students go after Sehun and now it's Jongin's turn to present. He's fidgeting a little bit, as public speaking has never been his favorite. He glances at Kyungsoo who's still holding his hanky to his face. One, two, three, and Jongin puffs his cheeks. He looks at Kyungsoo one last time before starting. 

 

"I think you all know that I'm Kyungsoo's bestfriend and he's my bestfriend. M-I-N-E. So naturally I'd draw Kyungsoo." Jongin shows his work. 

 

"Why are my eyes blue?" It's now Kyungsoo's turn to ask, frowning a little bit. Sehun snorts at the back 

 

"Well because the sky and the sea are big, and so are your eyes. I thought about doing it as orange or yellow like an owl's, but I thought it would look scary. Besides, blue is my favorite color, and you said I was the apple of your eye, so I thought I should show that there." Jongin finishes his explanation and everyone turns to look at a blushing Kyungsoo.

 

"I'm sorry for making you cry. Hyung" Jongin goes down of the platform and hugs Kyungsoo. Their classmates give them a round of applause and Teacher Minnie wipes away his tear with the hanky Sehun offered.

 

The rest of the students continue showcasing their works while the two newly madeup bestfriends talk at the back.

 

"So why did you draw me with pink hair hyung?"

 

Kyungsoo blushes again before answering.

 

"Well because Papa said that pink is a color of affection and uhh... flowers are pink too. And they're beautiful like you. And well, you just look really beautiful Jonginnie and I really like you a lot " he smiles sheepishly after answering. Jongin's cheeks now turn the same shade as the pink crayon. 

 

"Thank you hyung. By the way, Sehun drew worse than you. He looked like a broccoli."

 

The two try to hide their snickers when Sehun notices them huddled up. 

 

 

 

 

Read my original draft: I cri.

Pink because flowers, love, kyung even makes paper flowers. Huhu

Blue because the sky and the sea are big, its Nini's fave color (soo always sees Nini in his eyes anyway)

 

Will check this again later when our internet is fixed. Cell data sure . lol