We Can Learn To Love Again

Just Give Me A Reason

Yoo Changhyun.

Loud. Funny. Cute.

When did I start thinking he was cute in a way that made me want to hold his hand? When did I start wanting to wake up with him by my side every morning?

He was always there whenever I needed to cheer up. When did I start needing him to cheer me up?

When did I let my guard down enough to let him seep through the cracks of that  wall I’d built? When did he take down that wall?

When did I fall for Yoo Changhyun?

Why did he fall for me?




 

“No!” I yelled. “Go away!”

My cries were useless against the man trying to beat Minsoo. I struggled against the other man holding me back.

“Why?” I demanded.

“This son of a ruined me.” The man delivered another kick to Minsoo’s ribs with his words.

“Minsoo,” I cried.

His unmoving body made no sound.

The man holding me back began to shake me.

“Changhyun. Changhyun. Yoo Changhyun!”

I opened my eyes to see Minsoo hovering over me. “Hyung?”

“You were yelling in your sleep. Something about telling me to go away.” He looked so hurt.

“No, someone was beating you. I was telling him to go away.” I pulled him down to kiss me. “I would never tell you to leave me.”


 

“Just give me a reason

Just a little bit’s enough

Just a second we’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again

It’s in the stars

It’s been written on the scars on our hearts

We’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again.”


 

“Bang Minsoo! Don’t ever say that you aren’t good enough for me. You’re more than I could ever ask for,” I told him.

“But I can’t ever take you out on dates, or hold your hand when we’re out. I can’t even tell the world how much I love you. How can I ever make you happy?” He looked away from me. “A girl could make you happy. You can do all that in public, get married, have kids-”

“I love you.”

Minsoo’s wide eyes found my determined ones.

“What?”

“I love you, hyung. I have since we met. Even with all those girls, I only paid attention to you. At first, I was just attracted to how god damn y you are, but then I wanted to get to know you more. I could see that you were insecure and couldn’t handle being the leader on your own. I wanted to be by your side. I fell in love with you.”




 

Changhyun rested his head on my chest. He was breathing as hard as I was.

“We really should do this more often.”

Changhyun laughed. “Did it help with your nightmare?”

“Of course.” I kissed the top of his head. “Although, it’s still kind of lingering.”

He wiggled a little on top of me. “One more round?”


 

“Just give me a reason

Just a little bit’s enough

Just a second we’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again

I never stopped

You’re still written in the scars on my heart

You’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again”


 

“Do you love me, hyung?” Changhyun asks.

“No, you’re just this annoying little thing I’ve kept around for ten years.” Minsoo tries hard not to smile at his boyfriend’s pout. “Do you even have to ask?”

Changhyun stands from his chair at the table. Minsoo is confused until the younger man gets down on one knee. It feels as though his heart does funny little things to him.

“I think you’re the one who is supposed to be doing this, but you’re too scared to actually do it. I love you, Bang Minsoo. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can’t imagine what my life would’ve been like without you in it.” Changhyun pulls a little box from his pocket and opens it, revealing a simple, yet beautiful ring. “It’s simple, I know. But that’s how we are. We’re simply us. Will you marry me?”

Minsoo pulls him up as he nods. When they kiss, they hold each other close.


 

“Just give me a reason

Just a little bit’s enough

Just a second we’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again

It’s in the stars

It’s been written on the scars on our hearts

That we’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again.”