wan - ah.. what's wrong?

The Changes of You ..

Irene POV

         I walk toward my school gate.. my hand clinging onto someone hand.. it feel nice to me. I look to that person, a tall, slim, perfect figure for a girl.. her white skin is glowing and the bun hair is the cutest part of her.. nah! whole of her is cutest. she turn her head to me.. and our eyes meet.. I'm amaze by how nice this feeling when we starring .. her eyes turns into crescent shape as she smile to me.. I couldn't resist but smile back at her. we're just meters away from the school gate.. many students rushing to the class.. but I won't do it because .. walk hand in hand with seulgi is my peace before I'm messing with school subjects. we entered the school and heading to the class.. I see a figure.. a petite girl.. she just a bit shorter than me.. her brown hair  tangled to one side , I continue to look at her until she enter a class which also my class. Seulgi is in diffferent class.. so I part with her.. it's . I walk toward my desk.. my chairmate already sat there.. not even take a glance to me , she takes selcas.. a lot.. 

         " it's still an early morning and you already have hundreds selcas" I sit and fix my hair.. seems like joy doesn't even hear me. -_- .. I take out a history book .. oh great.. I need a pillow.. I see the table on far right. I see that petite girl.. rest her head to the wall.. she write something on her book then close it as the bell  ring.. 

wendy...

***

        " hyun - ah let's eat!! I'm hungry as hell" whenever class is on break time.. wendy always drag me to cafetaria.. 

I never hear that loud and cute voice again . She changes into a quite , really a different wendy .. there's a time when I asked her what's her problem but she never spill a word.. it's been 4 month since we have last conversations.

Flash Back (4-5 months ago)

        Everyone is on great feel as today is my school festival. I stand in front of the stage.. watching performances .. tbh, I there because I wanna see my bestfriend performing her great talent.. ah wendy show them your talent wendy! .. finally wendy get on the stage and bring a guitar.. she sing a song.. hmm~ her voice.. is heaven.. I couldn't resist but smile along her perfomance.. she end her stage with round applouse for her. proud.. I'm leaving and buy 2 cups of sodas.. 

         " Baechu yaaaaa~~" familiar voice

         " Wan-ah!" wendy is about to hug me but she see me holding 2 cups.. she take one then hug me with one hand. 

         " you doing great wendy" 

         " thanks for watching me ... and thanks for the soda haha" we move to a less crowded place.. and continue our chat there. 

         " wan-ah.. can you stop calling me baechu in front of people .. it's embarassing~"

         " it's kinda of cute for me.. I'll always call you baechu.. baechu .. baechu... baechu " 

         " ya! stop that!!" I pinch her arm.. she look a bit hurt.. 

         " okay.. okay.. hyun-ah~"

         " that's better." I sip my soda .. " wan-ah , seulgi confessed to me.. " 

         " em.. oh.. you accept it?" 

         " you know the answer wan-ah~~" wendy show a croocked smile and take a sip of her soda.. I think she know the answer

         " I'm happy for you hyun-ah~" she leave me and said she have a thing to do

End of the Flash Back

 

         " hey.. hyun-ah! bae juhyun! " seulgi waves her hand to wake me from the daydreaming...

         " oh.. yea.. I'm sorry" 

         " eat your food hyun-ah .. it's getting cold" I'm trying to take a bite but no appetite...but seulgi force me to eat.. so I have no option.

         " hey lovey dovey~~" 

         " hi cutie joy.." seulgi greet joy in such a sweet words so, I glare to her.. " oh, hyun-ah is cutest" she pinch my cheek.

         " you can sit anywhere joy, but not with us"

        " wo.. bae juhyun is so scary.. but you see all the seat are full , so be nice and let me eat peacefully" joy start to eat.. she have good appetite. I looking around , and yes all the seat full. my eyes searching for someone.. but I couldn't find. we head back to class as break time is over. everyone starting to enter class.. but wendy chair is empty.. her bag isn't there too. oh, she did it again...

***

         I couldn't attend class today.. it's feel dizzy .. I feel like sleep for days.. I'm out from my room and down the stair to get water 

         " oh.. you're awake" mom look at me and I ask for water .. she hand me the glass .

         " hyun-ah~ wendy was coming.. she left a thing for you" I chock as I heard it.. WENDY! oh god

         " why you didn't wake me up mom!? where is that thing?"

         " In your room" I rush to my room and found a box.. it's purple .. I grab it and found a letter.. should I read a letter or open the box first? I choose the latter one.. I open the box and there's a knitted scarf .. it's red.. why it's not purple . and there's a note written " an early birthday gift, in case I can't give you personally. hope you like it" .  I just realize it's 4 days before my birthday.. I just smile and wendy is still warm as usual. so, I trying to call her but no answer. I'll contact her again later.. It's already night and I'll trying to call wendy. but seulgi is calling.. and here we go the upcoming hours of chats.

***

         I'm getting ready for school, it's 7.. even my mom can't believe the situation. I take a bit of sandwiche and go to school.. today is cloudy and cold.. but, something warmed me.. it's wendy knitted scarf.. I wear that so I wanna see her reaction.. and I bring the letter too.. I forgot to read it, so I'll read it in front of her. hehe .. I walk with smile from ear to ear, I can't wait to see wendy. but.... until 2nd subjects wendy isn't appear, the teacher says there'll a meeting so, the school is over earlier...

           " hyun-ah.. let's go home" seulgi take my hand but she frown when see my cold face

           " hyun-ah what's wrong?" I spill a word " oh, you bring a scarf.. wear that it's windy today" seulgi take the scarf and wrap it around my neck... sweet

           " it's from wendy.. I want to thanks her but she didn't showed up today"

           " of course, she didn't showed up.. she moved to canada" my step is frozen.. my hands are shaking

           " you lied.."

           " why would I.. I thought you know too .. oh yeah she left when you miss the class.. no wonder you didn't know it" my eyes start watery.. It's feel heavy to breath.. it hurts so much..

***

            I'm lying on the bed.. still in my uniform.. I can't do anything . it feels like lose a part of my life.. I couldn't hold my tears.. though I crying from day until night.. I hold the scarf tightly like I wont let wendy go.. suddenly I remember the letter.. I open my bag to find the letter.. and there's a letter with a purple envelope . I take that letter .. I open it.. and start reading..

To : Bae Juh Yun 

       It's been a long time...

       It's a blessing for me to meet you, the one who enlighten my days. we've been friends for 3 years? or 4? the number isn't important because I want to know you day by day. you're always be a good friend to me.. but I can't even greet you for this past 4 months. you wonder why, but I always see you from a far, make sure you'll alright then I see you smile and happy .. that's enough for me. My family planned to move to Canada from last year, so I thought to make our last days memorable .. But I couldn't make it. I'm sorry juhyun-ah.. I thought I'm the one who deserve to stand by you, but I'm not . As a person who love you, I should be happy for you , I try it.. but it hurts too much. 

       Juhyun-ah.. don't ever think of me too much after this, I'm trying to fix everything so I can become  Wendy Shon that you used to know. thank you for everything.. you're the best thing that ever came to my life. Wear that scarf in case you miss me.. if you ever miss me.Is there anything left to write? seems like that's enough for now.. I hope we'll meet next time.. from now on I'll call you Juhyun - ah which you like.. Juhyun-ah Juhyun-ah Juhyun-ah~ 

 - Wendy Shon-

 

... why I didn't read this earlier.. why I'm so careless of everything.. I lose you.. not even see your back for the last time.. I hate myself.. I hear my phone ring and it's seulgi.. I'm not even want to talk to anyone now.. I just wanna feel my own dumbness..I wrap my self with blanket.. and wendy scarf is on my hand.. slightly I could smell wendy fragrance .. which I miss.. I shut my eyes down.. thinking of anything me and wendy through for years.. it's heaven.. I could sacrifies everything I have for having those moments again.. Can I get the 2nd chance.. God?