Feels like Insomnia

Feels like Insomnia

 

 

Mir's POV


It had been the forth night in a row. The forth night, I hadn’t been able to sleep very much. It wasn't that I couldn’t fall asleep. I did. The problem was that I could only sleep until it was 3:30. I didn't know why, but I started to wake up always at this time. 

I can't tell, if Cheondung was the reason for that, but he was definitely the one, who was flashing through my mind, when I was lying in my bed - wide awake & pretty confused.

And now here I was, sitting against the wall of the room, we trained our choreographies and performances in. But today, I couldn't remember the easiest steps and my bandmates were really annoyed by me. They were pretty much pissed off.

'What's wrong with you? It's not like we did the choreography for the first time..'

Seungho - being the leader - was the one, who seemed to have the biggest problems with my incapacity. Of course, he was responsible for us. He was the one, who had to look that everything was right. I really wanted to make everything right. I simply couldn't.

 

The problem about being awake in the night is that you'll be pretty tired at the day. I was too tired to concentrate and when I tried my best and found some concentration it would blow up because of Cheondung. 
I couldn't concentrate when he was looking so damn hot while dancing.
I couldn't concentrate when his smiles were so cute.
I just couldn't concentrate at all and with him being in the room it was a million times harder!

'I'm sorry. I'll try harder. I promise.'

That was the only thing I could promise: to try harder. And why was it the only promise, I could make? Because try doesn't mean you promise to actually have success. I knew I wouldn't have success. Sadly. Of course, this was annoying me, too. I was probably the one being most annoyed by this.

 

'Whatever. We'll stop for today. Let's try to do our best tomorrow.'
And with that Seungho and the others started packing his things.

'Won't you come with us?' Joon asked me obviously expecting me to stand up right after I got the extra invitation.

'No, I'll stay here some more, alright?'
My question was addressed to our leader.

 

'Yeah alright, but don't stay too long.'

I nodded and sighed in relief as they left.
Why was I being so strange lately? Why did i have such strange feelings?


I didn’t want to think about it anymore. I started the music and tried to dance my stress away. I was hoping that it would be easier to calm down if the other members weren't here.

 


 


Two more hours. I needed two hours to calm myself and after that I went to our dorm, again.

As I entered, G.O. was just making dinner.


'You're right on time for dinner.' He stated.

Dinner? I wasn’t really in the mood to eat something. I was feeling tired and confused and… Everything was just so chaotic right now.

'No, thanks. I'll just shower and go to bed.' I said and started to walk towards the bathroom.

I could see, the worried face of G.O., but I sure as hell wasn’t going to tell him, why I was so odd lately. It was embarrassing. I knew they were all starting to get concerned. It wasn’t that hard to see that I was acting different.


I quickly showered and went to bed. I'd be up at 3:30 again, I was pretty sure.

 


 

 

Sigh.
I refused to open my eyes, but I was awake, again. I didn’t have to look at the clock to see what time it was. It would probably be 3:30. How I started to hate this time. I laid there for at least five more minutes until I couldn't lie there anymore. I stood up quietly and made my way to the kitchen.
What to do?


I opened the fridge and found some yogurt. After grabbing a spoon, I sat myself onto the counter and started eating the yoghurt, while I was looking out the window.

The sky was almost clear and there were so many stars up there. I started to become friends with the night sky, since I starting waking up so early in the morning – or deep in the night. I even named some of those stars. I know it's pretty weird.

 

My nighttime activities started five days ago. I didn't know why it started – scratch that! I knew it, but I wanted to suppress it.

It started the day before we had a live performance on a TV-show. We were there to promote our new single. We wore some new outfits and had studied a complete new choreography to the song. The problem of the choreography? Cheondung was dancing next to me, wearing a really, really y outfit and if that wasn't enough, he touched me or brushed against me at some parts of the dance. It was then that I asked myself, who the hell had created the choreography. I was planning to hurt him badly for making me dance so close near Cheondung.

I was really angry…
… until I found out that Cheondung was the one who created some parts of the dance and who told our choreographer about his ideas. From then on I was just mad.

How can he do that to me? Well, he didn't know.

He didn't know that my feelings for him changed. He wasn't just some friend anymore. He'd been a friend, on whom I had a crush by now! I can't exactly remember when I started to think of him that way but I realized it five days ago. From then I was sure.


But I was sure about some other aspect, too: he doesn't feel that way. He probably doesn't even like me that much. He never shows some affection or stuff, he even had said in an interview that I'd be the last member of MBLAQ he’d want to meet, if he was a girl. Okay it was a hypothetic question but... it didn't change the fact that he said I was the last person he'd want to get close with. And I don't even mean close in that way! That guy's gonna be the death of me, because I can’t sleep and I can't concentrate because of him!

'Aaargh'
 

'Hey, is everything okay?'

I turned my head from the window to the door and saw none other than Cheondung leaning against the doorframe, smiling at me.

How dare he smile??? What is he even doing here?


I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled.


'what?' I asked and I couldn’t suppress the slight annoyed tone.  

 

'I'm sorry I didn't want to be rude but you look kinda cute, sitting there with some of your yoghurt on your face.'


I felt my face burning up. I was probably blushing like mad. He just said that I was cute. Argh, that isn’t making things easier. Bad Cheondung!
There was a part of me that wanted to scream at him because he was like that when I was suffering because of him, but it was a very small part. The other part just wanted that he kept smiling. Wait a minute! I had yogurt on my face?


'What? Where do I-'

Before I could even ask where on my face yogurt was, he stepped towards me and grabbed a napkin. He was so close that I almost forgot how to breathe. I could smell him, almost reach him. Suddenly he rubbed with the napkin softly against my cheek. If I hadn’t been red like a tomato by then, I would’ve been!

 

'There.' he said and smiled softly.
Gaaah, go awaaay! You're way to near! You make my head spinning!

That's what I screamed inside my head but my mouth didn't want to disturb the silence.

After Cheondung turned himself and sat onto the counter too - right next to me!!! - I started to wonder why he was up so late. I mean I was having some difficulties with sleeping but what's with him?


'Why are you up so late?' I asked him looking straight into his eyes.


'Couldn’t sleep.' He stated obviously while shrugging.

 

'Yeah. Me, too.'
 

'Do you have difficulties to sleep often? I mean is this the reason you were so off lately?' he asked as his gaze met mine, again.

 

'You could say that.'


'Since we're both wide-awake, let's do something.'


Shock. Yeah, because it’s so common to do something at four o’clock in the morning. People usually sleep at night…well, or they are *sleeping*. Don’t think about that!  Not while Cheondung’s right next to you.


'Don't look at me like that. Come on let's go into the living room and watch some TV!'


Watching TV…

After he said that, he jumped off the counter and I followed him quickly after throwing away the yoghurt pot.


As I came into the living room, Cheondung was lightening the candles, which stood on the table. What the hell is he trying to do? Not candles. This is so not comfortable!

‘Thunder?’

He looked up and smiled. Why is he still smiling? I’m being frustrated!! Lightening some candles makes it just worse.

‘Oh, I’m just lightening them, because I don’t want to turn on the ‘actual’ light. It might wake the guys or something.’

I walked towards the couch and sat down. Cheondung grabbed the remote and sat down next to me.
He flipped through the channels and stopped at some comedy show. Comedy is always good. It’ll cheer me up.

After ten minutes I started to get cold and shivered slightly. Suddenly Cheondung grabbed the blanket, which laid on the edge of the couch and put it over us. The blanket wasn’t that big and so he came closer, his body touching mine.

‘Better?’
Nooo. Worse!
I just nodded slowly and turned my head to the TV.

I couldn’t relax. He was so damn near. I couldn’t even concentrate on the damn comedy show. I was kind of surprised as the show was over. I realized that I cautght nearly nothing from it.

‘Mir?’

I turned my head and looked at Cheondung and that was the moment my heart almost stopped beating. He grabbed my chin softly and came closer. His face was only an inch away from mine as I noticed the question in his eyes.
I reflexively nodded and with that, he closed the gap between us and I could feel his lips against mine. I felt a wave of tension in my limbs as our lips connected and after a few seconds, he started to put more pressure into the touch and moved in a gentle rhythm. I didn’t hesitate much to kiss back. I had never felt something like it, but it was absolutely awesome. I felt a warm feeling inside me.
As Cheondung started to pull back, I put my hands behind his neck without thinking much and connected our lips, again. I didn’t want him to pull back. I wanted to enjoy the moment. I wanted to believe that he actually liked me even if it was just some action out of reflex. I didn’t know why he kissed me, but I knew that I didn’t want him to stop.

 



 


No one’s POV

As G.O. was making his way to the kitchen to make some breakfast he almost got a shock as he saw Cheondung and Mir lying on the couch. It wasn’t the fact that they laid on the couch – well, this was only surprising – but the fact how they lying there. Cheondung was lying halfway on top of Mir and Mir sort of hugged Cheondung in his sleep. They looked peaceful, lying there.

G.O. forgot about his breakfast and went back to the bedrooms, ready to tell the others about his discovery.




 



 

It was just an idea, which popped into my head and I had to write it down.
I did it pretty quickly on my phone, so forgive me for typos or mistakes!
Might be a little cheesy, I guess.

Anyway,
Thanks for everybody who read this &
I hope you enjoyed it more or less! ;) 


XoXo