Final

Too Tall

It had become somewhat of a pastime for Hyuk.

‘Annoying his nerdy older boyfriend around the library to get his attention’ —in between his ‘4pm-Music tute’ and ‘going out for dinner with said nerdy older boyfriend’ that is.

It became the necessity to surviving the daily tedium Hyuk called college life.

He would tail behind Taekwoon silently while the older would walk around the college library, hovering over him with his presence. Sometimes he would clip at the back of Taekwoon’s heels with the toe of his foot ‘accidentally’ or poke the other’s back until that would incite a retaliation—all of this and more, much to the dismay of the librarians and students that frequented regularly, having to put up with the scene almost daily.

For extreme measures, when his boyfriend was being especially stubborn —such as right now, Hyuk would teasingly blow air against the back of Taekwoon’s ears.

It was a guaranteed success.

Hyuk grinned triumphantly as the other whipped around immediately, bumping into his chest.

The older stepped back at that, glaring up at him first in irritation before that look suddenly turned inquisitive, Taekwoon’s brows furrowing and his lips downturned in slight frustration.

Hyuk could only blink back in confusion as his boyfriend silently motioned for him to move closer as if he needed to tell him something.

Curiously, he leaned down with an open ear, expecting Taekwoon to whisper whatever was on his mind.

But instead to his utter surprise, the older man grabbed him by the nape of his neck and pulled him in for a kiss.

Hyuk fumbled around in shock before easily (and shamefully he must admit) gave into his instinctive need to press closer to that familiar embrace, oblivious to the disturbed glares of those around them.

Taekwoon pulled away after one last kiss and Hyuk was dazed to say the least, somewhat breathless as he stared down at Taekwoon who was still frowning but noticed the tips of the man’s ears had gone pink.

“…Too tall.” Taekwoon muttered in slight annoyance, even tutted at him for good measure before slinking away quietly, leaving Hyuk to fend for himself with the awkward stares of everyone in the campus library.