No

❝ I'll swing you back! ❞

███████  ██████████████████  █ O █  ███████████████      ████████
when your body passes by, time stops // one kiss shakes up the whole world // your lips, your scent

“A date…? Just so you know, I like someone else…”

“Just one chance!”

“But-”

“I’ve always wanted to get to know you better. Just one time and if you don’t want to hang out again, I’ll accept your decision!”

“… Okay.”


“A date? With a guy?” Ren asked as she was doing his nails again. They were at his place this time.

Hyori nodded, a frown on her lips. “Yeah… I feel so… guilty though.”

“Why?”

“It’s like I’m cheating on you.”

“We’re not even together!”

“Don’t you want to be?” she asked. She stopped working on his nails and focused her eyes on the guy across her.

Ren met her eyes and shook his head. “… We’ve been friends for months and your advances have cooled down… Why are you suddenly assertive again?”

He didn’t flat out reject her like before. She felt that flutter of hope and it brought a smile to her face.

Hyori went back to concentrating on his fingers. “The guy was very… assertive. And he got my okay. I guess it kind of… encouraged me.”

Ren tugged lightly on the hair that now barely grazed her shoulders. “… Don’t do anything stupid again.”

She laughed. “I won’t… maybe,” she whispered the last word.

“You said something after ‘I won’t’, didn’t you?!” At her sheepish laugh, Ren just sighed and gave up. “Nevermind. You’re well known for doing idiotic stuff… Wait. I think we’re missing a very important part of this conversation.”

Hyori frowned. “Important?”

“Is he cute?”

Adorable!” she said, grinning at their talk. “… Not as adorable as you though!”

“Of course, he isn’t… Is that why you gave him a chance?” he asked.

“… A bit… I like pretty things. It’s why I first got interested in you,” she said, giggling. “But I’m willing to give a chance to any guy that’s as earnest as him. You should’ve seen him blushing when he asked me out! So cute~!” Hyori suddenly looked up and stared intently at Ren. “I’ve never seen you blush!”

“You won’t. Ever,” he said, pointing at his nails again for her to focus back on it.

But she didn’t look back at his nails. She focused her gaze on his face, trying to think of something… Ren was hardly surprised or embarrassed. He was always cool and collected…

“What are you staring at?” At the movement of his lips, Hyori focused her gaze on them.

In one swift movement, she leaned forward and placed her lips atop his.

Just as quickly, Ren leaned back and fell back on his chair.

Hyori stared at his fallen form, a finger to her lips and her eyes wide in shock. She wasn’t surprised at what she did, no…

Ren was glaring up at her, a pink blush across his cheeks.

He looked so cute. She wanted to kiss him again. Again and again – if it meant seeing that wonderful expression on his face.

But it disappeared all too soon. Ren stood up and placed his chair back in place. After sitting down again, his glare was more harsh and his blush was gone. “What was that for?!”

Hyori was still in a daze at seeing his flustered self.

“Are you listening to me?!”

She nodded, sighing dreamily.

“Hyori,” he said threateningly.

She laughed and finally focused on him. “What’s the big deal? It’s not like you’re attracted to me in the slightest, right? It was just a meeting of lips! Kinda like…”

Hyori glanced at his hands. She took hold of his right and placed the back of his palm to her lips.

Ren quickly retracted his hand when he felt her warmth, another red tint adorning his face. “Stop doing that!” he chided.

Hyori squealed, loving how anything that involved her lips meeting his skin would cause such a reaction.

“Hyori!”

“I got it, I got it!” She held out her hands. “Now give me your hands, Ren. I have to finish your nails.”

The glare he directed at her was full of mistrust.

“I won’t pull anything! Promise!”


“That dress is better. Wear it with your silver heels and he won’t look away from your legs,” Ren advised.

Hyori held the silver dress he was referring to in one hand. “… But I want him to look away from legs. Wait…” She grinned at him. “How do you know he won’t look away?”

He threw another dress at her from her closet and didn’t reply. “Then wear that pink and black one. Put on some dark make-up. If it’s light, you’ll just look girly and immature with the pink dress. Do you still have that black headband with the pink rose I gave you?”

Hyori took hold of the thrown dress and nodded. “I have it. It’s from you, after all!” Her flirt was ignored.

After doing her make-up, with Ren helping on the eyeliner, Hyori went over to the dress on the bed. She began to remove her robe-

“Don’t change in front of me!” Ren said and he quickly headed out of the room. “Have a little modesty, will you?”

“I thought even if I went in front of you, you wouldn’t care-?” But he already shut the door and blocked out her voice. Hyori stared at the closed door, a frown on her face. He was acting…

He was acting like a total guy today – sans the fashion and makeup advice.

She’d like to think he might finally start being attracted to her… but… “Well… I do lack modesty,” she muttered as she began putting on the dress. When she tried to close the zipper though, she had great difficulty.

She went towards her door and opened it. Ren almost fell back, as he was leaning on it. He quickly recovered though and glared at her. Hyori laughed and just turned around. “Help me with the zipper!”

Ren sighed and placed his fingers over the small metal lock, the skin of his hand grazing over her back. He blinked. “… You’re not wearing a bra?”

“The dress has pads,” she answered.

He clicked his tongue as he pulled the zipper up. “Don’t… Don’t you have a girlfriend for times like this?”

“It doesn’t have to be a girl!” she said, laughing. “You’re as attracted to me as any of my girlfriends – which is not at all. What’s the deal?” When he was done, Hyori quickly turned around and smiled brightly at him. “Unless… Are you finally aware of me? Huh, huh, hu~uh?” she said, bringing her face closer to his.

He nonchalantly pushed her face away. “No. I’m just afraid you might think other guys are as trustworthy as me.”

“I won’t!” she said, laughing again as she went back in her room to get her bag. “I trust you even more than some of my girlfriends!”

The doorbell suddenly rung. Ren quickly entered her room and Hyori left it. “Have fun,” he said before she closed the door. He was to stay in there until they left.

She nodded. “I will! Thanks, Ren!” she said before shutting the door close.

Ren fell back on her bed and stared up at the ceiling… He chuckled when he saw the several glow-in-the-dark stars attached to it. She was such a kid sometimes, despite her mature look…

He sat up again and sighed, trying to get the image of her out of his mind. He wasn’t attracted to her, no way. There were ier girls that tried to get his attention. He was just…

“Are you finally aware of me?”

It was because of that stupid kiss she forced on him a few days ago.

He knew she’d be aggressive and steal a kiss sooner or later – that was how she is. What he didn’t expect was the face she showed after she kissed him. She looked so damn accomplished, so happy. It-

His musings were interrupted when he took note of the headband on her dresser. He sighed and went to get it. He had told her to wear it! Her look would be incomplete without it! She could just explain to the guy that he was gay if he wondered why a male was in her apartment.

He left her room and entered the hallway, heading to her entrance door.

“You… Y-You look really pretty.”

Ren stopped in his tracks as he heard their conversation.

“Oh~? What’s this? Have you fallen even harder for my charm?”

 “Yes! I mean, uh… I’m… just not used to seeing… such pretty girls.”

“No need to be so humble! You’re a total looker! I’m sure girls fall for you left and right!”

“… Not really girls…”

“Hm?”

“Nothing! I’m just… really glad to take out such a beautiful woman. Let’s go?”

Before they could leave, Ren quickly went forward so he could be seen. Hyori caught sight of him and the headband in his hands. “Oh! Right! I totally forgot,” she said, laughing… but her laugh died down when she saw his glare. “… Ren?”

Her date suddenly tensed up. He turned slowly to the person she was glancing at. “… Ren?” he echoed.

Ren stared at the two, a smirk on his face. “I’ve never seen you so flustered before.”

Hyori frowned. “Since when am I…?”

But then her eyes widened. He wasn’t talking to her. Hyori glanced back at the man that had asked her out… He looked surprised and nervous and… The dots connected and she paled.

She was about to go on a date with Ren’s ex.

 

████████      ███████████████  █ O █  ██████████████████  ███████
you're my storybook girl // you're my storybook girl // you're my girl